• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Kara canceling. I forgot how to use the word. It's the act of canceling moves with other moves. In this case I cancel Ghost Riders crouching M which moves him forward into his level 3. This moves Ghost Rider from pretty far away into level 3 range quickly.

Dartastic

So, for a long time I have been running Sent as my anchor, but I'm thinking bout switching up to Doom with the beam assist. Are there any really good tutorials for Doom? Also, do you guys think he'd be a good anchor with Ammy and Nova? I'm also thinking about maybe repping Thor again...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, for a long time I have been running Sent as my anchor, but I'm thinking bout switching up to Doom with the beam assist. Are there any really good tutorials for Doom? Also, do you guys think he'd be a good anchor with Ammy and Nova? I'm also thinking about maybe repping Thor again...
I would like a good Doom video tutorial too. Not sure how people are doing the loops so fast, I'm trying to cancel his j.S into something cause I'm assuming that's how you get to the ground in time but I don't know how people do it.

Max's Doom assist me video is kinda out of date, since it's for vanilla, but there's still probably a good amount of info in there that can be used, since doom was mainly buffed for umvc3, I think.

Does your internet still suck, GB?

I ask because I played you once in PSN and the lag made it a bitch. I've seen you log on in GGPO recently and you had a really low ping so I assumed this game would be right up your alley...

I now kind of hate your fantasy list RedArremer, because it gets me excited about something that will never come. Like when a pretty lady lays her head in your lap just to rest.

Get Capcom and Marvel to hire me as special roster assistant, and we'll get at least some of the characters (I'd definitely push for Nina and Jedah, since Rathalos is kinda offlimit). :3

bs000

Switched my locale from Canada to USA and now I'm finally getting some ranked matches. I'm finally winning some matches too cause I don't have to deal with incredibly laggy matches with people overseas whee.

I would like a good Doom video tutorial too. Not sure how people are doing the loops so fast, I'm trying to cancel his j.S into something cause I'm assuming that's how you get to the ground in time but I don't know how people do it.

immediately after j.S airdash down or downfoward

Once exams are done next week I can start playing matches online. I cant freaking wait. Im tired of just practicing combos for maybe an hour a week.

Does your internet still suck, GB?

I ask because I played you once in PSN and the lag made it a bitch. I've seen you log on in GGPO recently and you had a really low ping so I assumed this game would be right up your alley...

GGPO works fine for whatever reason. What game? I'm the best Jedah on GAF, free.

Axis

Man that shit was pretty close. I learned two new things today! Jedah can cancel air normals, and OS jab to strong is way better than jabjabjab confirms.

you can just do safe block strings in general. i can blow up your throw os with cmd throw tho :p but you're not capitalizing off of the damage potential in general

Anth0ny

Once exams are done next week I can start playing matches online. I cant freaking wait. Im tired of just practicing combos for maybe an hour a week.

saaaaaaame.

I'm getting xbox live gold for the first time in years as soon as I'm done my last exam next friday. Til then, practicing extended Virgil combos. That vid posted above is pretty awesome.

you can just do safe block strings in general. i can blow up your throw os with cmd throw tho :p but you're not capitalizing off of the damage potential in general

Yeah cause jabjabjab sucks balls. I didn't realise I could just os the chains until the last game. My throw OS is bad anyway because it involves standing fp at close range lol.

Anyway, I think I was doing pretty good, I basically won all the matches I did with just footsies, and I still don't know all of Jedah's moves.

Axis

Yeah cause jabjabjab sucks balls. I didn't realise I could just os the chains until the last game. My throw OS is bad anyway because it involves standing fp at close range lol.

Anyway, I think I was doing pretty good, I basically won all the matches I did with just footsies, and I still don't know all of Jedah's moves.

you won until i picked the only char i used and remembered how to pushblock...i hadn't played in a while :( too bad you were getting bodied when you "had a call"

what do you play on ggpo? ^_^
Only Vampire Savior at the moment...
GGPO works fine for whatever reason. What game? I'm the best Jedah on GAF, free.
We played Vanilla MvC3 on PSN once when you had your old internet and it sucked. I never saw your ping on GGPO at the time, but I saw it recently after you announced that you had upgraded your internet. Based on that ping... you should be having much better matches in UMvC3.

Chavelo

Good games, 360-GAF! Got kinda salty when that Hawkeye/Hulk/Dorm dude taunted me at the end.... But I was not able to redeem myself. D:

Add me at ADChavelo (both my gamertag and PSN username) if you wanna do some sets tonight (will be on for a while...) or for the future! PS3 is is out for the count but I will get a new one soonish. Ultimoo, ya still owe me!

ff_600_030.jpg

Yes say hello to Johnny with the Cosmic Control Rod.

Well, Johnny had died tons of times in the Negative Zone but was constantly being brought back to life to compete in a coliseum for Annihilus's enjoyment. And each time he died he came back stronger.

And now he controls Annihilus's army.

you won until i picked the only char i used and remembered how to pushblock...i hadn't played in a while :( too bad you were getting bodied when you "had a call"

It was 2-3 in the matchup when I got the call. That's not really getting bodied. Plus, I never pushblocked once the entire time. I barely know how any of the systems in VS work, and I only know what the special moves LOOK like for about 5 characters.

Only Vampire Savior at the moment...

We played Vanilla MvC3 on PSN once when you had your old internet and it sucked. I never saw your ping on GGPO at the time, but I saw it recently after you announced that you had upgraded your internet. Based on that ping... you should be having much better matches in UMvC3.

Upgraded? It's incredibly worse.

OT: I just watched my little brother lose to Dan on SSIV AE on easy on Arcade on one round matches.

He was using Oni lol

So honest question: Do you guys think Hawkeye is the Cable of MvC3?

OT: I just watched my little brother lose to Dan on SSIV AE on easy on Arcade on one round matches.

He was using Oni lol

So honest question: Do you guys think Hawkeye is the Cable of MvC3?
What made Cable Cable was that he could link as many hypers together as he wanted. Hawkeye can't do that, so I'd say no.

Huh? Hawkeye can link gimlet into gimlet and into super scatter shot.

Sure can't use it to get happy birthdays like Cable but he also has the barrage of projectiles that make approach hard.

GGs to the 360 lobby, I would've stayed longer but my parents kicked me out of the 360 :X

Like I said on the chat, man, whenever I get to pull of a Nova reset into airthrow it makes me feel like a boss lol

Also, that PW lv3 missing had to be the failure of the night >__<

Huh? Hawkeye can link gimlet into gimlet and into super scatter shot.

Sure can't use it to get happy birthdays like Cable but he also has the barrage of projectiles that make approach hard.
You mean he can XFC Gimlet into Gimlet, right? If he can link Gimlets alone, then I retract my statement. I haven't seen anything like that yet, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom