• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, getting even one loop of Rocky's boulder loop is harder than I thought it'd be, I can't even get the bear trap->boulder trap (set)->S->boulder hits consistently x___x

Well, at least the time in the lab was not useless. I remembered that his teleport is super cancellable, and learnt (while reading SRK >.>) that Rocky's cM actually has a pretty decent range, that boulder trap->cM is pretty much an unblockable, and that I can cancel the recovery of his Rock n Roll super into teleport and maybe setup the unblockable with that. Also, I should probably start using his cH more.

Eh, I've moved on to better things, definitely more of a party game now. You're right there are dumber things than the best zoning character getting great rush down tools, which is why no one should take this game seriously.
No one plays a party game that makes them get salty. This is fighting game, it is just full of way more bullshit is all.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Hawkeye anchor is dope, as long as the character he is facing off against isn't apart of the Trench-Coat mafia or have shit like Orbs flying off their body.

Dahbomb

You seem surprised on that.

People knew that RR had high/weird execution ever since the second Ultimate Norcal tournament. It's why almost no one is playing at even tournaments, hell you see more Iron Fists than RR's.

I don't know about "highest" execution requirement but he's certainly up there in the game. He has a ton of inputs you have to do in a short window of time really fast, even basic shit.

Execution isn't just combos, it's also executing a game plan and controlling the character on the screen. It's why Strange is considered high execution as well as Iron Man.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I just got one of these from a friend as an early Christmas gift:

5824382611_c5683a28bb.jpg

So far it's pretty nice. Though I'm dropping some inputs, I'm sure I'll get used to it in time. I love how the control stick feels JUST like the NGPC's. Anyone else ever use one of these?

I knew he would be high but not that high.

And I guess that explains why nobody ever picks him up.

LOL.

Really, somebody needs to show him off. I WANT TO SEE THE BOULDER LOOP DONE AT A TOURNEY!

mr. puppy

Banned
GAF what is your opinion on Hawkeye as anchor?

Just to get some discussion going. There is considerable debate over this topic.

Combofiend is doing it, that'll pretty much mute all of the forum debate on the topic.

For what its worth, if you get in a 1v1 scenario with your anchor, Hawkeye is going to win the majority of the matchups that will occur in that scenario.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn DR2K is pretty salty huh. Definitely not more of a party game at all.

The entire Yipes/MarlinPie set was great. So many dirty tactics, I LOVE IT.

YO YIPES NOVA. GOD DAMN.

Chris G errors everywhere.

The grand finals were fantastic.

Degen

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5146/5824382611_c5683a28bb.jpg

So far it's pretty nice. Though I'm dropping some inputs, I'm sure I'll get used to it in time. I love how the control stick feels JUST like the NGPC's. Anyone else ever use one of these?
Yeah... Sorta became a fight pad collector overnight, lol

Having six face buttons is a big advantage over the Dualshock, and I also like the solid "click" style of the buttons. With that said, I personally find the D-pad a little tough to use. It makes your thumb work harder than the Dualshock, Madcatz or Hori FC3 pad, though it's probably the most accurate and consistent in the long-run.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah... Sorta became a fight pad collector overnight, lol

Having six face buttons is a big advantage over the Dualshock, and I also like the solid "click" style of the buttons. With that said, I personally find the D-pad a little tough to use. It makes your thumb work harder than the Dualshock, Madcatz or Hori FC3 pad, though it's probably the most accurate and consistent in the long-run.

Yeah, I'm sorta finding that out for myself. Messing up a lot of double taps when trying to dash. Trying to start using the button dash, but it's a bit hard to adjust to. Also I'm missing a lot of super jumps after an air launcher as well. Not sure what that's all about. I just wonder if using this over a DS3 will cause an overall improvement in my play big enough to make it worth the time it's going to take to adjust to using it.

Goofing around with Peter/Task/Hawkeye let me find some stupid meterless/metered combos thanks to Violet Fizz assist. 700k no meter? Sure, why not. Guess I have a reason to use Taskmaster now, just to have that team in the bank. Web Throw may not be as ridiculous as it once was, but it's still pretty bonkers what you can do with the proper setup. The team even has a solid projectile assist, so it's actually plausible. At worst, I'll play it for fun/styling.

Also, Arrow Bros (TM) make for such lame play, haha. Fill the screen with everything.

It really is stupid how much the screen is filled with Task and Hawkeye. Hawkeye's arrows make you scared to move and Task's arrows when they hit do chip. Kinda stupid. And then DHC from gimlet into legion arrows. LOL.

LMAO.

Malajax

Spend an hour in training mode. Hop online and constantly drop combos.

Losing against people who clearly aren't better than me. I need some training buddies.

Azure J

if you're knocking mario kart double dash so help me god I will find wesker and send him to your home

Double Dash I'll chalk up to personal disagreements with the game although in my eyes it started a lot of the bullshit with the fucking Winged Blue Shells, item drops and short spurt courses versus longer rallies. It did give us "Hi I'm Daisy" though. Super Circuit gets a slight pass though, totally forgot about it for a second. DS version is eh. Wii, fuck outta here (except on its online front & Rosalina) and haven't heard/played any of 3DS, so jury's out there.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Spent all day today at another local. Got 3rd out of ~40 or so participants so I'm feeling a little better than I did last week but damn I'm still disappointed at how much I fucked up in winners' & losers' finals. I'm so slow to adapt mid-match.

Car broke down in the parking lot and I'm 4 hours away from home so I'm crashing at a friend's place tonight as I figure out how to get myself and my junker home tomorrow. I ain't even mad. FGC <3

Btw apparently Morrigan can stop time.

so you hate every good mario kart, gotcha.
As far as I'm concered, there's no such thing as a "good" Mario Kart.

I don't respect blue turtle shells for one reason:
It does not help the user. Places closer to 1st hardly get a blue shell (I don't think they get it at all, but I dunno). So what good does it do? It doesn't help your placing at all, it's just punishing the 1st for being 1st. If you're lucky the 2nd is close and gets caught in the explosion, but otherwise, the item is utterly useless to its user. It doesn't really close the gap between you and those in front of you.

Burning Water

Neo Member
I don't respect blue turtle shells for one reason:
It does not help the user. Places closer to 1st hardly get a blue shell (I don't think they get it at all, but I dunno). So what good does it do? It doesn't help your placing at all, it's just punishing the 1st for being 1st. If you're lucky the 2nd is close and gets caught in the explosion, but otherwise, the item is utterly useless to its user. It doesn't really close the gap between you and those in front of you.

LOL when I was in first, I would stay close to second so the blue shell got as many of us as possible.

mr. puppy

Banned
wwwwwwoooowwww i just caught the matches from last night, I didn't realize how hard Hawkeye can counter Dark Wesker. No wonder people are throwing him at anchor.

also why don't we have avatars?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't hate Double Dash, but I think by a large margin it is the worst Mario Kart. Actually between that and MKWii and it's preposterous rubberbanding.

Degen

Yeah, I'm sorta finding that out for myself. Messing up a lot of double taps when trying to dash. Trying to start using the button dash, but it's a bit hard to adjust to. Also I'm missing a lot of super jumps after an air launcher as well. Not sure what that's all about. I just wonder if using this over a DS3 will cause an overall improvement in my play big enough to make it worth the time it's going to take to adjust to using it.
Yeah, the PDP controller definitely forces you to button dash. Granted, that's a good way to do it since it lets your character dash more safely, as well as wavedash for extra speed. Every stick player I know uses the buttons to do it. Of course, moves like She-Hulk's "Runner's Start" will still be inconvenient.

After trying every brand of fight pad I can think of besides the NeoGeo ($80? lol) and the Saturn USB knock-off (wish the official one was still for sale), I still prefer the Dualshock.

SmithnCo

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5146/5824382611_c5683a28bb.jpg[IMG]

So far it's pretty nice. Though I'm dropping some inputs, I'm sure I'll get used to it in time. I love how the control stick feels JUST like the NGPC's. Anyone else ever use one of these?[/QUOTE]

I've used one, really like the microswitch stick. I haven't actually bought one for myself though because I don't know how the build quality is in the long run, but I might bite the bullet on it soon.

Burning Water

Neo Member

Just wondering, did you turn off that hold S to super jump option? It messed me up quite a bit before I realized I had it on.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Only thing I care about and reason why I got the game.
Niitsuma said he'll have news on it soon. Presumably we will will at least get a release date before year end along with the patch.

It's not like it's hard.. They have to flip a switch and put out the 108kb download, or fluff it with an mb or two. Boom.

I predict we'll get it before the end of the year. Give me a Christmas present, Niitsuma-San.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom