• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veezy

que?
Ryu, Wesker, Hulk, Captain America, and Sentinel are examples of easy to use characters who are also powerful.

Hulk/Ryu/Wesker isn't a bad starting team if you want to learn the ropes.

I've been playing with this team and have been keeping it salty for the scrubs. Any recommendations for assists?

I've been playing with this team and have been keeping it salty for the scrubs. Any recommendations for assists?

Anti-Air gamma charge for Hulk, Tatsu for Ryu, and the gunshot otg for Wesker. If you're running that order, then you've got Wesker to continue combos for Hulk and Ryu. If you swap out Hulk for whatever reason, you can use his assist to keep people from landing on you, and Wesker...is Wesker.

Nikashi

Banned
Man, what is it about this game that attracts dickheads? I keep getting my ass handed to me, then ALSO getting hate mail about how much I suck, and how I should just quit, etc. I've never gotten such vitriolic hate mail in any other game for doing BADLY.

(Got perfected by some dude who used Wesker while spamming hidden missle and sentinel force assist, and sent about 3-4 messages taunting me before I had to ignore him. Christ this game is frustrating, and it's not even the first time I've gotten hate mail for LOSING, at least in this game. It's never happened in any other game :/)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Man, what is it about this game that attracts dickheads? I keep getting my ass handed to me, then ALSO getting hate mail about how much I suck, and how I should just quit, etc. I've never gotten such vitriolic hate mail in any other game for doing BADLY.

(Got perfected by some dude who used Wesker while spamming hidden missle and sentinel force assist, and sent about 3-4 messages taunting me before I had to ignore him. Christ this game is frustrating, and it's not even the first time I've gotten hate mail for LOSING, at least in this game. It's never happened in any other game :/)

That really sucks. What an asshat that guy is. I've never head of anyone getting harrassed for losing. Hope it doesn't discourage you too much.

If you're on 360 set your account to only receive mail from people on your friend's list. I think PS3 got a similar feature in a recent firmware update too.

Tobe

WHERE MY FRAUD BROS AT!!!! oh god feels good to be back, gotta give a quick shoutout to kadey for having an awesome stream and every guy that got on stream specially the french dude that lagged like crazy!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
WHERE MY FRAUD BROS AT!!!! oh god feels good to be back, gotta give a quick shoutout to kadey for having an awesome stream and every guy that got on stream specially the french dude that lagged like crazy!

Welcome back. lol

Simple mode Firebrand with BS Bon Voyage. All love all day. And that Wesker...

Xevren

That's awful. Definitely a bigger amount of dbags in vs games.

Bizazedo

So I am trying to figure out why Ammy's hyper knocked Nova out of his tackle :(. I am trying to teach a bud not to randomly spam it as much and that didn't really help my cause.

Tobe

So I am trying to figure out why Ammy's hyper knocked Nova out of his tackle :(. I am trying to teach a bud not to randomly spam it as much and that didn't really help my cause.

afaik nova projectile invul activates kinda late so maybe some element(propably ice got him) hit nova out of it
why did you get banned tobe?
friend got a not so legal copy before release date and posted about playing it here :(

HardRojo

Meh, I didn't even know you were banned until yesterday when you told me lol, gonna keep it fraudulent?

Need some advice.

Did a ton of matches at our weekly casuals we have - and there was this guy who used Wolverine on point, and Nova assist (that overhead one).

He'd pin me in the corner with Wolverine (when a match would go bad naturally - when matches went well, my Vergil would body his Wolverine before he had a chance to get me in the corner), and I had a hard time dealing with things. I had to worry about Wolverine's quick low attacks, his instant over head, and the threat of Nova's overhead assist. These three things in tandum made things hard. Ultimately, I couldn't find a way to get Vergil out. The possibility of a cross over assist came to my mind, but my assists aren't designed as such.

Other than "don't get stuck in the corner" - what options do I have to avoid such unblockable set ups. It was even harder to avoid chicken blocking because I'd just get air thrown.

Tobe

Need some advice.

Did a ton of matches at our weekly casuals we have - and there was this guy who used Wolverine on point, and Nova assist (that overhead one).

He'd pin me in the corner with Wolverine (when a match would go bad naturally - when matches went well, my Vergil would body his Wolverine before he had a chance to get me in the corner), and I had a hard time dealing with things. I had to worry about Wolverine's quick low attacks, his instant over head, and the threat of Nova's overhead assist. These three things in tandum made things hard. Ultimately, I couldn't find a way to get Vergil out. The possibility of a cross over assist came to my mind, but my assists aren't designed as such.

Other than "don't get stuck in the corner" - what options do I have to avoid such unblockable set ups. It was even harder to avoid chicken blocking because I'd just get air thrown.

first avoid the situation, idk who was the gaffer that made a zero reset with low b and nova assist, just look for nova push and then block high. also punish him for doing it, push wolverine xfactor cancel itno team hyper combo = dead nova and depending on your team free mixups on wolverine.

shaowebb

I mourn the lack of replay feature on console more than the colors. Imagine searching each week for the top rated matches and then getting to watch them. Or better yet, top rated matches using certain characters or from certain players.

Sad to see this on the handheld only version. Doesn't make much sense to me.

HardRojo

Need some advice.

Depends on what other characters you have, maybe a crossover counter is a good solution, don't write it off yet, also, what about using an assist to cover Vergil's teleport? it might work effectively and when using upback for blocking, if you're afraid of getting air thrown just be aware that you can tech the hit anytime no matter what you're doing, even special moves or hypers.

LakeEarth

I hate it when players above your level start taunting. If someone sucks, gets a lucky xf3 victory and taunts, you can rest assured that you'll run into him again and kick their ass. When they're better with you, you can't get that sweet payback.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It'll come to us. Capcom would be stupid not to take already finished technology and not put it up for download for $5 a pop or something.

Capcom loves money, never forget that!
I'd buy it without thinking twice. Replay functionality would make console UMvC3 the game of eternity.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

It's like this is the most popular game with stream monsters, seriously. But, it's also just people. If there was a one-on-one first person shooter, plenty of d-bags would send hate mail to someone who LOSES, but they don't tend to because when you're fighting a team it's hard to single out any one person on the team as having been the biggest loser.

You see this douchebaggery in DOTA or LoL too, during in-game text chat or the post game lobby chat. Based on the chatty bitches I've seen there, they're power tripping nerds who get off on imagining that they're making someone they've already beaten cry. Saw one guy, once, who when a person he was trashing wasn't bothered and just laughed at him, actually said "sure you're not really laughing that means you're angry at sucking so bad". I knew the person who was laughing; they were literally laughing, in real life. They weren't bothered by losing. But the d-bag was convinced his "victims" were all crying and he was drinking dem tears.

Edit: I will say tho, my favorites are the guys who rage when you win, and say you don't know how to play the game because you won. I enjoy those ones. I especially enjoy a rematch if I get into a position to actually cheese the hell out of them. Often, it's not hard; they're all talk and once they get angry, they start falling for the same dumb trick over and over again.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Someone get Teknopathetic to change the title of the thread to "Ultimate" Marvel vs Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley.
Don't give him ideas or else we'll get another lame Dollar Tree joke.

*shots fired*

So glad I didn't buy this game. Fool me once, etc.
Well, it's more than likely there won't be another physical iteration. Plus being on a handheld alone makes the PSV version pretty inferior on basis.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Need some advice.

Unfortunately, unless you X-Factor, can get an airthrow, or crossover counter you're pretty much stuck in that setup unless your opponent messes up.

Bizazedo has a setup like this with Zero, where his normals lock you in place and Nova comes in for the overhead. It's a great setup, and really hard to avoid. Pushblocking doesn't work.

I hate it when players above your level start taunting. If someone sucks, gets a lucky xf3 victory and taunts, you can rest assured that you'll run into him again and kick their ass. When they're better with you, you can't get that sweet payback.

I agree. It just seems classless. You've beaten me. You played well, and I lost. There's no reason to taunt me.

I'm still not okay with someone getting a lucky XF3 victory and taunting. In Ranked matches, there's no guarantee you'll run into that fool again for revenge.

Speaking of dbags, nothing like losing in a BS way to some mashing idiot, having them taunt, finding their dumbass again, and taunting after killing each and everyone of their characters with your point :D I refrain from telling them to hold that shit, though. Gotta have class.

Don't let em get to you Nikashi, Greater Internet F*ckwad Theory and all that jazz.

It's like this is the most popular game with stream monsters, seriously. But, it's also just people. If there was a one-on-one first person shooter, plenty of d-bags would send hate mail to someone who LOSES, but they don't tend to because when you're fighting a team it's hard to single out any one person on the team as having been the biggest loser.

You see this douchebaggery in DOTA or LoL too, during in-game text chat or the post game lobby chat. Based on the chatty bitches I've seen there, they're power tripping nerds who get off on imagining that they're making someone they've already beaten cry. Saw one guy, once, who when a person he was trashing wasn't bothered and just laughed at him, actually said "sure you're not really laughing that means you're angry at sucking so bad". I knew the person who was laughing; they were literally laughing, in real life. They weren't bothered by losing. But the d-bag was convinced his "victims" were all crying and he was drinking dem tears.
Oh man, people don't even know what a bad community is until they've played DotA. I was really into that game for a few years, and I still think it's one of the best games ever made. I tried to get my wife into it, and it just wasn't her thing. Her only match, though, was filled with tons of people raging at her, telling her to "get the fuck out of the game", etc. Yeah, she went 0-13, but she was still learning the buttons!

She thought it was absolutely hilarious, just like your friend did. After a while, she started typing "lolz" every time she died. Of course, my wife is also one of those people that would sit in Barrens chat in WoW just to talk about Chuck Norris - she is an odd and lovely bird.

My first DotA match was abysmal. All 9 of the other players were pissing on me for any mistakes I made, and I didn't even understand what the point of the game was yet. I fed hard, no doubt, but no one tried to teach me anything. Luckily for myself, I'm an ardent self-educator when it comes to gaming, so I learned a lot and did well. But even as someone who had gone Beyond Godlike with 80% of the characters in the game, I still had bad matches, and the rage and spittle was always there.

Oh, and if you happened to be grouped with one of the self-righteous assholes that thinks he's just the best DotA player ever, god help you if you happen to "steal" one of his kills. He'll grief you for the rest of the match for "losing the game" for the team. Or he'll intentionally not help you if you're being ganked, or will just sit around and KS you for the rest of the game.

Ugh.

I love that game.

Don't give him ideas or else we'll get another lame Dollar Tree joke.

*shots fired*
That joke had the Dennis Miller Ratio going for it.

I mourn the lack of replay feature on console more than the colors. Imagine searching each week for the top rated matches and then getting to watch them. Or better yet, top rated matches using certain characters or from certain players.

Sad to see this on the handheld only version. Doesn't make much sense to me.

I don't know why they don't have it like the SSF4 replay channel. That this is damn good. It spreads game knowledge and is relatively easy to navigate. Plus it's easy for people to record matches them and youtube them.

I just hope it's timed exclusive, and they sell it to us late on. Or they do another balance patch next year, and throw this in to hype it up or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom