• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

where do you all normally put Chris on a team? I'm trying to do Spencer/Frank/Chris and Chris just doesn't have what it takes to be an anchor it feels like.
I feel that Chris should be run on point with assists that help his zoning game or help extend combos. BUT I also feel he can be a really good anchor provided the opponent does not have Xfactor anymore simply because his chip game is insane. In your team I think that Spencer is redundant with Chris since they are both meant to be played on point but they are also interchangeable in your line up. I would use Chris on point with Spencer Slant Shot assist since you can combo into Grenade Launcher super OR Spencer on point with Chris with Grenade Toss assist.
I see that most dudes run him on point because they have some crazy meter building combos with the flamethrower. Their teams are built around Chris though.
Yup, I run Chris on point and all assists are meant to help his zoning game. In Vanilla Chris/Zero/Dante for combo extensions but in Ultimate Chris/Ghost Rider/Hawkeye gets the job done but more emphasis on zoning.

Tobe

i know kadey will run the umvc3 tournament and we all are waiting for it, but in the meantime i thought why not run gaf concept matches between members like ft5 or ft10 all of them streamed by kadey of course ( if she wants it too, not trying to impose it) let gaf pick the contenders for the match over the course of like 1 week and eventually do it.

ive had the idea of a psn vs xbl but that is just impossible.

whats your opinion gaf?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i know kadey will run the umvc3 tournament and we all are waiting for it, but in the meantime i thought why not run gaf concept matches between members like ft5 or ft10 all of them streamed by kadey of course ( if she wants it too, not trying to impose it) let gaf pick the contenders for the match over the course of like 1 week and eventually do it.

whats your opinion gaf?
GAF Fighting Exhibition sounds awesome. I enjoyed the KFC vs. Popeyes match a lot, but we need similar rivalries or matchups for it to be interesting.

I propose God's Beard vs. Dahbomb: Put Yo Money Where Yo Theorycraft Is. Dahbomb doesn't play online though soooo we're gonna have to find a way to get his ass online.

I really hope the rumor regarding the nerfed character isn't true, but judging by Fubar's comments, I have a bad feeling about it...

Of all the characters to nerf...it's Phoenix Wright?! -_-;

GAF Fighting Exhibition sounds awesome. I enjoyed the KFC vs. Popeyes match a lot, but we need similar rivalries or matchups for it to be interesting.

I propose God's Beard vs. Dahbomb: Put Yo Money Where Yo Theorycraft Is. Dahbomb doesn't play online though soooo we're gonna have to find a way to get his ass online.

Me vs. Spindashing: Popeye's Revenge

Frantic

Tobe1 said:
whats your opinion gaf?
Kadey did mention streaming any grudge matches that are basically just month long avatar bets, so why not. *shrug*

I'm too much of a fraud to make any avatar bets myself. I like my avatar too much to risk it, lol.

Solune

Personally I want to put Thor users on blast. Come at me bros.
Thread here.

Sp00ky said Sanford is set to return today, wonder if he's playing Ultimate.
Probably not, my guess is he'll be running 2012 if anything.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I believe she said there's too little interest to run a tourney. :<

I'm okay with avatar bets, I spose, but I don't think there's anyone I could do a grudge match with LOL.
Really? I didn't hear this, I thought she just delayed it. D:

Definitely is a ton of interest here, we still have so many active 360 players, enough to fill lobbies.

I don't even care if there is no prize, I'd love to participate in a 360 double elimination tourney.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

Definitely is a ton of interest here, we still have so many active 360 players, enough to fill lobbies.

I don't even care if there is no prize, I'd love to participate in a 360 double elimination tourney.

Enough to fill lobbies and enough to effciently run tournaments are different things though. That said, I'd be up for it, but my timezone would restrict my availability of course.

I actually wouldn't mind setting up and hosting a 360 MahvelGAF tourney, I just don't have any prizes/goodies or a stream. LOL. I could only offer doing the paperwork.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Same here.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Enough to fill lobbies and enough to effciently run tournaments are different things though. That said, I'd be up for it, but my timezone would restrict my availability of course.
Yeah, but even with tournaments, more people enter than you see regularly playing too, just to get in and participate. I think we'll have no problem.

I actually wouldn't mind setting up and hosting a 360 MahvelGAF tourney, I just don't have any prizes/goodies or a stream. LOL. I could only offer doing the paperwork.
Wouldn't even be that hard with Challonge, really. I'm willing to help out too. Graphics, logistics, whatever.

We should wait for Kadey to chime in again though, to see what's up with that.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

whats your opinion gaf?

Sounds dope to me.

Let's do it!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So I've been messing around with Iron Fist in training mode. I've noticed that after the whole Iron Rage into Volcanic Roar in the corner, you can get a reset with a real low to the ground air throw depending on the tech. If there is no tech you can wavedash in and get the grab or even wavedash underneath them. I counted 4 dashes for this. If they tech backwards it took 5 dashes. Of course if they tech forward you don't really need to wavedash at all.

I know it's probably situational since some characters can change there momentum in the air. But I guess it's something to keep in mind. Hope this isn't totally old or something.

Personally I want to put Thor users on blast. Come at me bros.

Probably not, my guess is he'll be running 2012 if anything.

Well I've been using Thor since vanilla. Still don't think he's good.

I hate hitstun decay.
I really do.
Someone tell me there's a card in H&H that extends combo ability so that I can do some of the "normal" BnBs for characters one day. :(

Current irritation: Doom loops; both the buktooth and the foot,foot dive are pissing me off and I can't do them for shit. :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thor joins Storm on the list of characters I wish I could jive with and play but are too awkward for me to like. Phoenix Wright is on that list too.

Neki

grudges matches I'd like to see

q vs ultimoo: who mashes harder

karst vs cloudius: the laggy rematch

smurfx vs himself: who will lose more

Anth0ny

uecD4.jpg

Just found this on 4chan. Appropriate.

Dahbomb

Dahbomb, you will have a heart attack.

Even outside of this(escapable) setup, the fact you don't have to charge Round Trip makes the whole fact it HAS a charge time(to limit its OP-ness) pointless. Good job, Capcom.

Edit: Hmm... seems the glitch only works on a hit(blocked or not), limiting its usefulness I guess. Still, I'm sure something very stupid will come from this. :p
I knew about the advancing guard trick, that's why I have been saying it's usually pointless to try to push block Vergil. The AG trick actually makes sense, teleport + AG increases the distance between Vergil and Round Trip but RT will not disappear from the screen until Vergil either blocks/gets hit or if the RT returns to Vergil. Teleporting causes the RT to not return to Vergil on the same side because he's on the other side... AG increases the travel distance and by default the lockdown that you are in.

I don't know how THIS glitch is working... it by passes Vergil's round time charge time and I have no idea why. It's seriously OP.. this is his best tool. I don't know if I can incorporate this in my game because it seems like it requires no advance guard. But this rectifies the issue with the above "trick" where if they don't AG they have to deal with this.

This is going to require a lot of practice to get down. Also even in this "glitch" there is a time when he does st.H into Round Trip without assist where there is a legit gap. This isn't a true lockdown but during that time frame there isn't much the opponent can do aside from an invincible moves like EX Seismo or Charging Star. Even so, every time RT is on screen and spinning around it sets ups mix ups. During that set up Vergil could've gone for teleport mix ups numerous times.

Seeing this video has made me realized that Vergil can actually perform a full lockdown in the game. The only gap in the RT lockdown can be covered by Spiral Swords or Blistering Swords (Blistering Swords way better). It IS actually possible for Vergil to chip down a full health character with 2 bars in a FULL LOCKDOWN SEQUENCE! :O :O :O

Caj814

has there been any confirmation on H&H having offline versus? would be pointless for those who don't bother playing online.

Frantic

It's really trippy trying to get it to work from my own experience. It seems to activate by letting go of the button as a normal hits(on hit, blocked, or advancing guarded), and then holding the button immediately as you go into Round Trip. There's this video showing sort of how to do it.

After figuring out how to do it, I tried it on Zero immediately. Luckily, it didn't seem to work. I would have had a heart attack if it did. >_>

Dahbomb

Posted on SRK, let's see what happens with this.

More hints on POTENTIAL NERF TO PHOENIX WRIGHT:

http://i.imgur.com/OTUvv.png

He said before regarding a comment about PW that "you will be surprised what Capcom thinks is an unintended glitch/bug :( ".

Frieda is allegedly working on a Japanese version of the MVC3 guide, and Capcom allegedly told him to not worry about including the complete invulnerability on PW's powered up assists. Allegedly.

Dirtbag

Incoming Vergil patch. :(

Where you getting patch info?

Really hoping for some Wesker patching. He's absurd

Maybe speed up the reaction timing on Doom's ground bounces, he's got all day to combo that standing H. It's kind of ridiculous

Phoenix invincible assist has got to go or at least have some punish frames

Dahbomb

That PW patch info is from the Patch news on SRK.

The Vergil patch is just a lulz comment... don't take it seriously. The PW comment is serious.

Who's Dahbomb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom