• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Clearly PW was causing to much grief online and at the tourneys. He was SSS tier.

Man...these Magneto resets. I need to learn how to do the low version of Rom, asap. This dude with drones is still ridiculous as hell. I have to fight my brain to do this shit though. Crossing yourself up is no good. lol

Tobe

is someone willing to host a gaf only lobby? i would offer myself but i dont think peru is a good host :p
gonna host for a while but if someone with a better connection comes up let me know, hit me up on xbl my GT is Tobe101

play dota 2 with me. at least you know when I'm raging at you, I'm doing it for your wellbeing!
I want to, but it's waaay too time consuming. The dedication required to stay top notch for DotA makes all fighting games look like a casual distraction.

Dahbomb, you will have a heart attack.

Even outside of this(escapable) setup, the fact you don't have to charge Round Trip makes the whole fact it HAS a charge time(to limit its OP-ness) pointless. Good job, Capcom.

Edit: Hmm... seems the glitch only works on a hit(blocked or not), limiting its usefulness I guess. Still, I'm sure something very stupid will come from this. :p
:-O So that's the trick.

lol why is the sent debate back again?

how do people feel balancing the game around the meta? by that i mean, wesker is used on 7/8 teams in majors. if this trend continues, despite not being s tier, should he still be nerfed? on the flipside, viper is considered top tier but she rarely gets used, so do you feel that she still needs to be nerfed despite the fact that nobody is exploiting her?
I feel as though there needs to be some knowledge that certain characters are simply powerful. I think logic can dictate that Wesker is by fact overpowered. Similarly, I don't think the lack of MODOK means he needs help.

i know kadey will run the umvc3 tournament and we all are waiting for it, but in the meantime i thought why not run gaf concept matches between members like ft5 or ft10 all of them streamed by kadey of course ( if she wants it too, not trying to impose it) let gaf pick the contenders for the match over the course of like 1 week and eventually do it.

ive had the idea of a psn vs xbl but that is just impossible.

whats your opinion gaf?
I'd love some themed matches, or a ranbat series. But that presumes time...

GAF Fighting Exhibition sounds awesome. I enjoyed the KFC vs. Popeyes match a lot, but we need similar rivalries or matchups for it to be interesting.

I propose God's Beard vs. Dahbomb: Put Yo Money Where Yo Theorycraft Is. Dahbomb doesn't play online though soooo we're gonna have to find a way to get his ass online.
Dahbomb is somewhere in the middle east IIRC, and God's Beard's connection isn't even fit for playing within the USA (I know he won't take that to be an insult).

grudges matches I'd like to see

q vs ultimoo: who mashes harder

karst vs cloudius: the laggy rematch

smurfx vs himself: who will lose more
No more Hawaii!!!!

Posted on SRK, let's see what happens with this.

More hints on POTENTIAL NERF TO PHOENIX WRIGHT:

http://i.imgur.com/OTUvv.png

He said before regarding a comment about PW that "you will be surprised what Capcom thinks is an unintended glitch/bug :( ".

Frieda is allegedly working on a Japanese version of the MVC3 guide, and Capcom allegedly told him to not worry about including the complete invulnerability on PW's powered up assists. Allegedly.
This has me seriously worried. We were told that we'd be upset over what else besides the tech glitch is going to be considered a "glitch" by Capcom. I was irritated with the Bradygames guide folks for not mentioning Firebrand's unblockable, but what if that's on the chopping block, and they've known all along? I have an uncomfortable feeling about this patch...

Grecco

Which depends on a completely random factor to actually power it up.

If super assists are a problem might as well nerf SSs assist again, and Striders, and Ghost Riders ect.

Tobe

it was a bad idea to host a lobby one wnf and big two day :p got bodied by smurf at the start it was a back and forth game but eventually got downloaded/haggar'd and went south really quick. ggs bro

smurfx

get some go again
it was a bad idea to host a lobby one wnf and big two day :p got bodied by smurf at the start it was a back and forth game but eventually got downloaded/haggar'd and went south really quick. ggs bro
lol the mayor doing work today. ggs

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'd give up the invincible assist if they took out bad evidence with it.

I wanted to play Phoenix Wright, but the very first time I used him I got 5 pieces of bad evidence in a row. I am never going to main a character like that.

Grecco

I'd give up the invincible assist if they took out bad evidence with it.

I wanted to play Phoenix Wright, but the very first time I used him I got 5 pieces of bad evidence in a row. I am never going to main a character like that.

Yup.

Only reason i could remotely see a justification is the fact that PW does well vs zoning, like bodies zoning, and they seem to be obsessed with "making" zoning work in this game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
has there been any confirmation on H&H having offline versus? would be pointless for those who don't bother playing online.
Check the last page or the H&H thread. Capcom didn't list it in their breakdown of the offline features of H&H, so it's safe to assume all the offline stuff we're getting is Training and the Offline Campaign.

Incoming salt is all I have to say.

If they nerf other characters as well, i will take it as "Well, that sucks for my beloved Wright, but at least they got other characters balanced too"

If he gets nerfed, and other, more powerful characters don't (or, god forbid, Buffs), anyone who isn't salty needs to get their head checked

shaowebb

Got a message back from Desk after I asked him if he had tried to do dead body glitch and then use the "facing the wrong way glitch" by activating the hyper and going into wall cling with strider or someone.

biffotasty said:
I'm not sure what happens but I shouldn't think it'd be too hard to test if you give it a go. I'm not really into glitch vids anymore tbh, I just want to do combos.engine stuff (but sometimes they include glitches, lol).

Maybe post on SRK? I'm sure someone would test it out if you weren't able and maybe something cool will come from it. Good luck man! :)

So still no idea. I can respect him for this though. The glitch doesn't look too hard just like he said I just know I don't play a lot and didn't know how long it'd take me to get this happening.

Anyone here with more playtime and tighter skills want to try for this while I try too? Dead body glitch is kill a character with and assist while simultaneously hitting them during their block with your character. This lets you bop around their corpse and hit it. I'm curious what the game does after you use the dead body glitch that lets you beat up a dead body, but then hit that body with the glitch that snaps their character away forever along with you making you face the wrong way when you hard tag back in. I'm hoping it lets both you and the computer's character come in facing the wrong way when this happens. Might not do anything though. You do the face the wrong way glitch by going into wall cling during I think a hyper with Morrigan astral vision up. So Strider, Morrigan, Hawkeye would likely do this setup well.

Anyone up for the challenge with me?

After all, once the 19th hits these glitches may not work anymore and the hilarity may be lost forever.

Finally got a chance to hit the training room for a good while. My team is set. Dorm/Trish/Hawkeye. Hawkeye arrow assist helps Dorm with teleport cross ups and added chip damage for dark holes and purifications. It also helps for cover while I'm in the air laying traps with Trish. DHC's work well no matter the order since Stalking Flare, Round Harvest and Gimlet all track the enemy. Hawkeye at anchor so I can do insane chip damage. Plus my 2 meter one million plus damage Dorm/Trish combo works even better in Ultimate since I dont need to use any assists for Dorm. Now its just time to put in tons of work so I can do my best to make this team a success.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You probably shouldn't use Akuma. He's for very advanced players since his mixups requires a lot of execution. Execution in Marvel and SFIV are vastly different.

smurfx

get some go again
You probably shouldn't use Akuma. He's for very advanced players since his mixups requires a lot of execution. Execution in Marvel and SFIV are vastly different.
what about sakura, ibuki, juri? i want to try and use a female character for once. i'm interested in guy too since i love final fight.

No, use one of the three I mentioned first till you get used to the game mechanics. Then move over to one of them.

EDIT: Should only take a day or two to learn the basics at most. Then you can move onto them. I use Sakura and such. I got into Sakura after playing Ken. Liked her better.

I'm willing to give up Phoenix Wright's invincible assists if they make his first two modes less useless. Courtroom mode should be much more effective than it is now.

smurfx

get some go again
No, use one of the three I mentioned first till you get used to the game mechanics. Then move over to one of them.

EDIT: Should only take a day or two to learn the basics at most. Then you can move onto them. I use Sakura and such. I got into Sakura after playing Ken. Liked her better.
i think i'll try ryu then if he is easier to use and so i can get used to the game. got to learn at least one shoto.

Yeah, just those you named aren't the easiest to use for new people to the SF4. Ryu/Honda/Gief/Ken are really easy to understand footsies, reversals, AAs, and fireball usage in the game.

what about sakura, ibuki, juri? i want to try and use a female character for once. i'm interested in guy too since i love final fight.

Of those three, Ibuki is the easiest to learn. Her only difficult stuff is her SJC stuff, most of which isn't *required* to be good with her.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
All the SF2 characters are easy pick up and play. It's a just a matter of incorporating SFIV only mechanics in order to reach that higher level. Some characters take more than others to play at a higher level.

Dahbomb is somewhere in the middle east IIRC, and God's Beard's connection isn't even fit for playing within the USA (I know he won't take that to be an insult).

I'm out of the apartment for about a month starting this weekend though, so I'll have a pretty good connection. I wanna replay you and challenge smurfx and seph ^_^

There is not, and this was a conscious decision. The Ultimate guide is purely about how to play Dormammu, and nothing else. All changes made are of course reflected in the text, but there is no compiled list. The guide does a fairly good job of listing the changes, but it of course misses some. If you're curious about something in particular, you know I'd be glad to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom