• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sloth

Banned
mr. puppy said:
omg your team looks so cute in those white jackets
MOAR

GHuCpl.jpg

bPjmX.jpg

vNnk5l.jpg

QisTopTier said:
Infinites are retarded though and always an oversight. No harm in removing them and leaving a loop version of them in though.
Yeah, I don't like infinites either, but I honestly don't trust them too much when it comes to balancing. The general consensus among most folks seems to be that Capcom does shit haphazardly unless the character is popular/Marvel related(She Hulk may be the only exception).

In my mind... they'd probably nerf more than the infinite. I know it is silly, but this is probably how most people feel when it comes to them. No one knows what they fuck Capcom is thinking when it comes to nerfs and buffs lol.
QisTopTier said:
Dog shit? :D
More or less. It is fine enough on it's own, but no way it fits Megaman.

QisTopTier said:
The more you post the more and more I dislike your opinion on things. That shit was horrible and ruined the song. Just like all Dubstep does. Nothing makes me more sad than to go, oh damn this song sounds pretty awesome.... SHITTY SEMI RANDOM OFF BEAT NOISES ENSUE.... fuuuuuuck they ruined a song! It doesn't even sound like the mega man song anymore!

Im British and come from a garage/grime/bassline/dubstep background..of course im gonna love dubstep tracks. But actually Im surprised dubstep is actually gaining tractioin stateside..it still seems pretty niche to me.

Its just like metalcore rock just sounds like a whole bunch of noise to me...some genres of music you have to be part of the surrounding culture to fully appreciate.

take this for example..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC4pHYULJM4 to you as an outsider, it would sound like they ruined the source track, but to me this track is fully sick...

different strokes for different folks bruv...

SolarPowered said:
That bit about Rogueyoshi is some sad stuff, man. People actually HIDE their secrets because they are afraid of the nerfs that Capcom deals out.

Also, this is the only true Megaman theme in my eyes.

Edit: Oh god that theme is X_X

ok..tough crowd...back on topic though. Wouldn't this infinite be basically giving frank west a free level 5 if done if the DHC was done correctly?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That's why I like arc sys. Take Sol for example,
Was dust loop based in by accident in x2 easy to do high damage.

Still dust loop based in Reload but toned down on how easy it was to do in general.

Slash/Accent Core they realized that the character needs something like that to stay solid but didn't like how the dustloop worked in general so gave a more balanced version of it that worked anywhere on screen from a new move designed just for those set ups.

As of right now, this is my short list of characters I want to mess around with and try to make a team out of in Ultimate:

Nova
Vergil
Zero
Nemesis
Dr Doom

Maybe:
Ghost Rider
Rocket Raccoon
Phoenix Wright

Zero's my best character in vanilla, and I'll be wanting to try out his new shit in ultimate. I'm thinking of picking up Doom since I never learned him in vanilla and I think he could round out some of my new teams. And then the rest are obviously new guys.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Parallax Scroll said:
As of right now, this is my short list of characters I want to mess around with and try to make a team out of in Ultimate:

Nova
Vergil
Zero
Nemesis
Dr Doom

Maybe:
Ghost Rider
Rocket Raccoon
Phoenix Wright

Zero's my best character in vanilla, and I'll be wanting to try out his new shit in ultimate. I'm thinking of picking up Doom since I never learned him in vanilla and I think he could round out some of my new teams. And then the rest are obviously new guys.

Needs giant screen filling pictures of the colors you want!

Doom beam assist is always a great thing to have.

edit:
As for mega man remixes and songs I always liked this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65r7DefNHdY Yes, it's almost 9 minutes long.

QisTopTier said:
Nah that song isn't that bad I can still hear the song in it :p It's not that bad in general.

:edit
FUCKING DOUBLE POST :(

well to be fair this is grime, not dubstep....its kinda dubstep's predecessor and is more moderate with the random warbles in comparison.

its funny How dubstep came about when I think about it but it really is a discussion for another thread and fior those who are actually interested.

QisTopTier said:
Needs giant screen filling pictures of the colors you want!
LOL, how can I pick colors when I don't even know what dudes I'm using yet?

Doom beam assist is always a great thing to have.
I had an a-ha moment last night when I was planning to run Zero/Vergil and realized I should probably have an assist to go with their teleports. Doom was the first that came to mind.

Ryu can go on the "maybe" list as well. Not Akuma though. I'm done with him after vanilla.

Grecco

Professor Beef said:
Man, NONE of those pre-order costume packs look any good.

Elvis Modok, STARS Wesker, Super Hero Viper are all awesome. Too bad i had to preorder at Gamestop. Blergh.

GuardianE said:
How dare you. Casual Friday Morrigan is awesome.
It's largely in part that I use none of those characters. And the only one I would be interested in using (Sentinel) looks pretty dumb, even if it's a throwback.

QisTopTier said:
That's why I like arc sys. Take Sol for example,
Was dust loop based in by accident in x2 easy to do high damage.

Still dust loop based in Reload but toned down on how easy it was to do in general.

Slash/Accent Core they realized that the character needs something like that to stay solid but didn't like how the dustloop worked in general so gave a more balanced version of it that worked anywhere on screen from a new move designed just for those set ups.

that's cool and all but don't forget what they did (or didn't do?) to Anji (aka GG's Hsien ko) and also CT to CS Rachel :D

but real talk, what you're describing is what old capcom did. combos turned from glitches to a mechanic

all the crazy crap from COTA became staples of the series

arcsys is just arcsys bro, they are just random as fuck sometimes

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
viewtiful_dru said:
that's cool and all but don't forget what they did (or didn't do?) to Anji (aka GG's Hsien ko) and also CT to CS Rachel :D

but real talk, what you're describing is what old capcom did. combos turned from glitches to a mechanic

all the crazy crap from COTA became staples of the series

arcsys is just arcsys bro, they are just random as fuck sometimes
Uh anji is pretty viable in GG he's not even the worst character, hard to call a character with unblockable set ups truly bad.

The rachel thing LOL yeah that was the worst shit ever, GG slash eddie was just as bad. Same for Slash Ky and CS Bang.

I mean when they nerf and stuff or change things up they always try to keep the nature of the character the same. Even if they swapped up moves.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Professor Beef said:
It's largely in part that I use none of those characters. And the only one I would be interested in using (Sentinel) looks pretty dumb, even if it's a throwback.

Hm, well at least that means that you don't have to pre-order at a particular retailer, so you can look for rebates. I know that Newegg had the game for $29.99 pre-order at one point.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think when I make the transition from Vanilla to Ultimate, I'm going to change my team colors from all black to all white.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GuardianE said:
I think when I make the transition from Vanilla to Ultimate, I'm going to change my team colors from all black to all white.
White is the new black. Me? I'm going from all blue to all red.

Since Zero was usually the star of the show on my teams, I usually made everyone else a dull color like black or gray and let Zero stand out with his default red. Don't know what I'll do this time around.

Edit: Doom is mostly the same in ultimate, right? So I could start practicing combos with him now and be all right?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
QisTopTier said:
White is the new black. Me? I'm going from all blue to all red.

It's like I'm going Apple. Or I'm going from OG XBox to 360. Or something.

At least when I'm all white I won't have to always pick Asgard as the stage to avoid complaints that my opponent couldn't see my characters.

QisTopTier said:
Yup get to it!
Is there a recommended list of Doom combos anywhere I could practice on, starting with herpderp magic series stuff and building up to his M&Ms?

Of course I know about the Max video, but that doesn't focus much on combos.

Jintor

ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
Sorry guys, if I have to read that much text, Id rather put down the DS and pick up a kindle.

way to slow paced, text heavy and annoying for me.

I know, i know, personal preference and all... but orz, you're terrible

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Parallax Scroll said:
Is there a recommended list of Doom combos anywhere I could practice on, starting with herpderp magic series stuff and building up to his M&Ms?

Of course I know about the Max video, but that doesn't focus much on combos.
He has some fancy stuff but you really dont need it. I'm sure the SRK forums has the stuff you are looking for.

All you really need to know is, Bucktooth combo, M*M meter build combo, corner foot dive loop combo.

QisTopTier said:
He has some fancy stuff but you really dont need it. I'm sure the SRK forums has the stuff you are looking for.

All you really need to know is, Bucktooth combo, M*M meter build combo, corner foot dive loop combo.
Thanks. I'll see what I can pull off.

Keep in mind, I've shied away from tridash characters so far. So I've gotta figure out how this whole airdash combo business works.

Dahbomb

That Tron Bonne TK Bonne Strike infinite is removed in UMVC3. I always knew Tron was going to get some stealth nerfs to her combos without much indication but now we know the indication to this CONFIRMED nerf on Tron:

- Untechable time from Air Bonne Strike decreases with combo length

Can I see that in video so I can have a good laugh?

Him and Noel Brown are seriously becoming my most hated players.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBHMk14r5JM#t=1h08m52s

It's at the end of this match. FChamp starts off by talking about how he thinks Vergil is the best character and he says that Tokido thinks so too.

There are FChamp gems all over the Norcal tournament. He was actually arguing that new Dormammu is worse because he doesn't want to relearn to play him.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Becquerel said:
Watching Ultimate Norcal 2 videos... that commentator just can't shut the fuck up about X-Factor. So salty.

I know I'm a million years late, but was the stream auto archived?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dahbomb said:
It's at the end of this match. FChamp starts off by talking about how he thinks Vergil is the best character and he says that Tokido thinks so too.
I was loling at this so god damn hard.

I have like 8 teams so far that I want to play but I think I am going to hit the lab the most with team lame

Ghostrider
Dormamu
Dr strange

Neki

to be fair I hate x-factor too. the only reason I like it is for the roman cancel. everything else on it can go away though.

QisTopTier said:
I wouldnt be shocked if frank became staple on super skrull teams

From the "have to build a team around them" characters, Frank's probably the one who's the least weight. Both Phoenixes have teams to be revolved around them (no meter hogs for Jean, assists that allow Wright to get cover while collecting shit/getting in to land that objection), but once they enter their respective god modes, they're still amazing.

However, Frank already starts out as an alright character and it's stupidly easy for him to level up - takes very little go get him to Level 4 where he starts getting ridiculous, but already on Level 2 he's pretty dang good, let alone Level 3.

Ultimoo said:
to be fair I hate x-factor too. the only reason I like it is for the roman cancel. everything else on it can go away though.

You don't whine hours and hours about how shitty it is though, do you? Especially not when commentating live at tournament matches?

V_Arnold

WoW, Dubstep bashing?

Get the hell outta here. Listen to some Dub FX, realize how amazing he is, and start appreciating the genre more.

I don't really have a problem with dubstep myself. That track just doesn't fit Megaman. The X-men theme was alright at best.
QisTopTier said:
I wouldnt be shocked if frank became staple on super skrull teams
I was really surprised to hear Marlipie talking about Phoenix when Frank fits better. Getting a forty+ hit combo with Viper is not that hard for him and the DHC into Frank makes for an easy level 4. It makes a lot more sense than a more random character like Phoenix.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Becquerel said:
You don't whine hours and hours about how shitty it is though, do you? Especially not when commentating live at tournament matches?
No he whines about how easy his H button keeps breaking.

V_Arnold said:
Get the hell outta here. Listen to some Dub FX, realize how amazing he is, and start appreciating the genre more.
One or two good DJs/bands/singers/rappers does not make everything great from the same genre. And by this I mean what Dubstep has become. The older stuff is not that bad at all. That is not what's common these days and that's not what people "remix" in the style of anymore.

Jintor

X-factor's potential for turnabouts makes for some great streams. It also makes the potential for complete stomping matches higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom