• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

QisTopTier said:
I was loling at this so god damn hard.
I can see Tokido saying that but Tokido doesn't always play and win with the top of top tier characters. He plays characters who are down right dirty in mix ups/priority/tools but may not be the best. He plays Vega in ST, Akuma in SSF4, Wolverine in MVC3 who are known for their mind fuck factor. Vergil is in the same category of high priority high mix up level character that Tokido loves.

FChamp is just bandwagoning at this point. Like he got bodied by Vergil plenty in the previous tournament and then some here. He actually thinks Vergil is a "fast" character. He isn't even his type of character, his type would be Ghost Rider. Now that character plays dirty.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
SolarPowered said:
I don't really have a problem with dubstep myself. That track just doesn't fit Megaman. The X-men theme was alright at best.

I was really surprised to hear Marlipie talking about Phoenix when Frank fits better. Getting a forty+ hit combo with Viper is not that hard for him and the DHC into Frank makes for an easy level 4. It makes a lot more sense than a more random character like Phoenix.

Maybe he likes the Ace Attorney series.

d0c_zaius

Becquerel said:
Watching Ultimate Norcal 2 videos... that commentator just can't shut the fuck up about X-Factor. So salty.

magus is actually a pretty good commentator, when he has someone else keeping him in check. His drunk commentary with Darry is also entertaining when you aren't looking for constant theoryfighting.

There were a couple of times last night where the commentary made me go "uh isn't anyone there from Capcom to say, HEY DON'T SAY THAT".

Unrelated but I'm hoping to get this urlay on friday. Firebrand/Nemesis/Arthur are ready.

Professor Beef said:
Galactic friends.
1zj0x3.jpg

Dahbomb

Banana Kid said:
http://i43.tinypic.com/1zj0x3.jpg
IT BEGINS!!!!

Also Dante and Frank West too. Because you know long combos and Dante's TAC takes forever to finish. Frank can just do TAC, get drunk and take a picture in that time and it's a guaranteed LVL5.

ThatCrazyGuy said:
tokido thinks vergil is top tier? Maybe he is just trying to get ahead of the curve, idk.
I THINK he said he's the best of the new roster. It was in that Japanese interview they just did where they had the controversial Wolverine XF combo (I flipped out when I saw that but it was XF2 so no biggie). FChamp might have taken it out of context.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ThatCrazyGuy said:
tokido thinks vergil is top tier? Maybe he is just trying to get ahead of the curve, idk.
Well he's been behind the curve for the past few tournaments amirite?

Dahbomb

He was WAY ahead right before EVO. Then he sort of had a slump and now he did solid at Canada Cup got top 3 (although competition wasn't godlike there).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dahbomb said:
I THINK he said he's the best of the new roster. It was in that Japanese interview they just did where they had the controversial Wolverine XF combo (I flipped out when I saw that but it was XF2 so no biggie). FChamp might have taken it out of context.
Which I find weird cause Firebrand is more like an upper level of player japanese playstyle character. Then again Tokido's playstyle is more about easy guaranteed mix up stuff.
Karsticles said:
Sweet!

Dahbomb said:
IT BEGINS!!!!

Also Dante and Frank West too. Because you know long combos and Dante's TAC takes forever to finish. Frank can just do TAC, get drunk and take a picture in that time and it's a guaranteed LVL5.
Does tagging Frank out after drinking actually skip the vomiting? Because that seems like the only way drinking isn't going to get you killed.

Dahbomb

Banana Kid said:
Does tagging Frank out after drinking actually skip the vomiting? Because that seems like the only way drinking isn't going to get you killed.
Yes. I think that's the only way that I have seen to avoid his vomiting.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Why did they change Missile into Amaterasu for the Ghost Trick nod? Missile is basically the same damn dog in both games and is a really great character in Ghost Trick, so couldn't they have kept him the way he was just for the ghost trick costume? Its really bugging me since it would otherwise be the perfect costume.

thepotatoman said:
Why did they change Missile into Amaterasu for the Ghost Trick nod? Missile is basically the same damn dog in both games and is a really great character in Ghost Trick, so couldn't they have kept him the way he was just for the ghost trick costume? Its really bugging me since it would otherwise be the perfect costume.

Because all the Missile colors are taken from Amaterasu's alts. :)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow.. that's one hell of a way to make it up to people for the MvC3 fiasco.

You got balls ordering from Capcom/Digital River again. No kidding they said they took measures not to let that happen again.

Dahbomb

Iron Fist really has the worst air options in the entire game (it's basically 0 outside of j.H into air throw which everyone can do). Like no other character has it this bad not even Haggar. He needs a dive kick so bad it hurts.

Spindashing's heart just exploded.
Dahbomb said:
Iron Fist really has the worst air options in the entire game (it's basically 0 outside of j.H into air throw which everyone can do). Like no other character has it this bad not even Haggar. He needs a dive kick so bad it hurts.
A martial artist with no dive kick or strong mixup options threw me for a loop on day one and I still haven't recovered from that.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SolarPowered said:
Spindashing's heart just exploded.

A martial artist with no dive kick or strong mixup options threw me for a loop on day one and I still haven't recovered from that.
Wait I thought we had screen shots of him with a dive kick?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
enzo_gt said:
Wow.. that's one hell of a way to make it up to people for the MvC3 fiasco.

You got balls ordering from Capcom/Digital River again. No kidding they said they took measures not to let that happen again.

Guess not! :p

I gave the Capcom Store another try since they didn't screw me last time, and I am also getting the 360 version from Amazon. I figured if there was a shipping screw-up it wouldn't matter since I'd be playing it on Xbox in the meantime.

I did pay the ridiculous overnight shipping fee. That may have something to do with it.

QisTopTier said:
fffff did you order it a long time ago?

Nope, Ordered it a little over a week ago. Did the same thing with MvC3 and got that early too.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Don't know if this was already posted...the cover is reversible. I prefer the Shinkiro cover by a mile.

6329698515_d83a410f06_b.jpg

Mit- said:
Do we know if the PS3 version still drops more frames than 360 yet?

The character intros are definitely still dropping frames, just like with vanilla.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lyte Edge said:
Don't know if this was already posted...the cover is reversible. I prefer the Shinkiro cover by a mile.
Gotta disagree. That alternative art is just all over the place and some of the faces look odd. The current UMVC box art looks like one of the best of the year imo

thepotatoman said:
They should of colored the AA Missile to look like the Ghost Trick Missile. Plus, they should of swaped the Kay colored Maya with the Mia colored Maya. Edgeworth/Kay and Godot/Mia makes much more sense.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Banana Kid said:
360 MASTER RACE RECONFIRMED
fixed.

zoner said:
Gotta disagree. That alternative art is just all over the place and some of the faces look odd. The current UMVC box art looks like one of the best of the year imo
The Shinkiro art IS the default alt.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
zoner said:

The current UMVC3 box art is the Shinkiro artwork.

EDIT: Beeeeaaaaten....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom