• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyoro SF

Buttons that have turbo enabled don't light up on contact. It's a permanent light that stays on, and that light only exists on MadCatz sticks (and it's small).

Buttons that light up on contact are just a fun modding feature.

Dahbomb

Something to note that's a pretty big boon for Chris players: he can launch or special out of flamethrower now. That's a pretty beefy hitconfirm. Before he could just sweep combo IIRC.
I was just about to post this!!!!

BEATEN!

Has anyone else discovered some character changes? This was a nice surprise for me.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm something's up with some move properties in Heroes and Heralds. Earlier I noticed I couldn't do my Human Rocket Punch Loop anymore and now I see someone else reporting Ryu Tatsu L being broken, as well as Captain America's Charging Star. People are speculating not a single move causes soft knockdown anymore in that mode. Very odd. Balancing choice?

Dahbomb

Hmm something's up with some move properties in Heroes and Heralds. Earlier I noticed I couldn't do my Human Rocket Punch Loop anymore and now I see someone else reporting Ryu Tatsu L being broken, as well as Captain America's Charging Star. People are speculating not a single move causes soft knockdown anymore in that mode. Very odd. Balancing choice?
What cards are you using?

I have been noticing some drops in my Vergil combos. I think it's the Megaman X card.

zlatko

Banned
Noel was tweeting that Mine had turbo on his H and thus helping him tech throws

This is what Capcom gets for not fixing that bug and introducing a mashing mechanic.

I personally don't give a shit as I set my fourth top row button on my MadCatz TE for L+M on turbo so I don't have to mash my hypers and can just hold that down. Don't give a fuck what anyone has to say about it either. I'm not smacking my buttons like an idiot for 50K damage, and I refuse to help build up the idiotic notion that fighting games is all about mashing.

I'm gonna say this out of left field after seeing Killer Sasa pop up just to see what kind of reaction I get. I dream of the day forward +H gets put in as the new input for Spider-man's Spidey Swing.

I still think it would make a lot of his combos harder -- the fact that he can buffer all his specials early without getting anything else is what makes them easy to do after a while (probably not if someone is playing pad, though).

Plus, he needs all three of those strengths for different things :3 If he got it as a weird new command normal while keeping those...it'd be hella strong if it was still positive on block and confirmed to 700k like it currently does, or useless if it was Taskmaster's. It'd just get in the way, hahaha.

I don't wanna learn any new combos

Also out of nowhere:

I saw someone (zlatko, I think) post earlier in this thread that Spider-Man is top 10. If he isn't he's not that far off IMO -- I think he hangs (lolz) with the best and can actually cause a lot of trouble for the game's current staple characters, just like most fairly unexplored characters. Take Felicia for instance -- I knew she was awesome, but I didn't know just how good she was until Sixfortyfive slapped me silly with her.

Again, random:

That Dante reset video was amazing and shows why dude is still one of the best (if nobody thought that already). Crazy stuff.

EYEL1NER

I have to say that H&H is a pretty big disappointment for me.
Offline seems kinda fun and I enjoy collecting the cards, but it has been easy as hell so far for any team I seem to pick. I don't want it to be crazy-hard, but it just seems like a boring grind to get stuff.
Online isn't fun for me at all. I get straight bodied every match by people on 14-match win-streaks who can take me out as soon as the match starts. I am lucky to get two hits in on a Nova before he can take out my entire team with his three X-Factors. Dooms mopping the floor with me. Goddamn Zeros that perfect me. I didn't realize that H&H was meant for top-tier players, so it disappoints me a bit that I probably won't be getting a single Herald color for any characters.

Couple that with the news about Mags tomorrow and this weeks sucks so far. Funny, because I was so hyped last night for today and tomorrow.
I guess some people out there will enjoy H&H, but I am not going to be able to play it online again. The Marvel vs Capcom series has been my favorite gaming series for years but I can't let myself get so frustrated that I start to hate the games.

zlatko

Banned
I saw someone (zlatko, I think) post earlier in this thread that Spider-Man is top 10. If he isn't he's not that far off IMO -- I think he hangs (lolz) with the best and can actually cause a lot of trouble for the game's current staple characters, just like most fairly unexplored characters. Take Felicia for instance -- I knew she was awesome, but I didn't know just how good she was until Sixfortyfive slapped me silly with her.

Again, random:

That Dante reset video was amazing and shows why dude is still one of the best (if nobody thought that already). Crazy stuff.

Yup it was me. Spiderman is hella good, and if you have execution, then you should give him a whirl. He is ABOUT as safe as Zero, has solid mix ups, builds great meter, can do crazy resets, and gets fantastic damage.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
What cards are you using?

I have been noticing some drops in my Vergil combos. I think it's the Megaman X card.

I was using Megaman (not X), Prof X, Wasp I think. A guy on Gamefaqs is saying all soft knockdowns have been nixed in H&H, but just one guy claiming this isn't very credible. Should be easy to test though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DAMN this thread got salty.. I'm staying out of this though, I think Capcom fucked up but im enjoying H&H far too much right now.

AND I NEED 800K PP NOWWW FOR THAT TITLE!!

Also, I can't find a H&H game online at all :/

Ploid 3.0

Ghost town :(
18e04a1b132afe50aa3490eacf9b66cef258f716.jpg

Dahbomb

I was using Megaman (not X), Prof X, Wasp I think. A guy on Gamefaqs is saying all soft knockdowns have been nixed in H&H, but just one guy claiming this isn't very credible. Should be easy to test though.
I think card that gives you air functions mess with your move properties. Others card can probably do this too.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, could be speed increasing cards.

If you have a speed increasing card equipped, certain moves lose hitstun

Wasn't doing any flight stuff with Wasp though, just MH Rocket Punch L air dash down H S etc.

i haven't played around too much with h&h, but keep in mind that cards can boost your damage which means hit stun detoriation will kick in faster.

vg260

I don't see why they couldn't make Ultimate Web Swing a reverse SRK motion and give back his regular Web Swing motion.

You got me.

I've been saying this since Vanilla. This was a terrible design decision, IMO.

The only argument for keeping web throws as FCB and not making it RDP is that "throws" are historically HCBs. This doesn't really hold since Sentinel and Spencer have DP-based grabs.

Keeping swing a HCB would have made Spidey so much more natural and playable.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
i haven't played around too much with h&h, but keep in mind that cards can boost your damage which means hit stun detoriation will kick in faster.

That's probably it.

I would play Spider-Man or at least invest a lot more time into him if that were the case. The RDP mid combo feels so unnatural my brain refuses to do it, although my execution has gotten a bit better since I last tried.

Dahbomb

Man where is that god damn changelog already.

I don't know if it's been posted yet, but they patched that flying screen whatever it's called thing in the patch.
WOW if they fixed that it basically takes out numerous reset/mix up options from various other characters. Fairly significant change.

Frantic

If you have a specials into specials card, pick Dr. Strange in training mode, equip the card, and then quickly cycle between QCB L and M. Best use of meter in the game.

You got me.

I've been saying this since Vanilla. This was a terrible design decision, IMO.

The only argument for keeping web throws as FCB and not making it RDP is that "throws" are historically HCBs. This doesn't really hold since Sentinel and Spencer have DP-based grabs.

i don't know, it was a little annoying at first, but i don't think i'd change it. maybe just because i don't want to relearn my commands, but also the fact that i use both quite often, so in either case i'm going to be doing both rdps and hcbs.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My internet went down for like 15 mins yet I was still hosting lobbies on PSN. My PS3 is possessed.

Seph is running a train on everyone, what else is new.

Dahbomb

You'll get them after us AE players get our complete log.
Capcom never puts out complete changelog. There is already a log out for AE, while not complete goes over the main stuff. I just want something to bite on for now.

Oh and this is an actual "balance" patch technically speaking. Wright got nerfed, Chris got buffed so it qualifies. This isn't just a bug/glitch fix patch.

Also Bishamon + Rathian + Red Skull and Hawkeye is really fucking hilarious just for the insane amount of poisoned harassment it leads into. It's pretty much the ultimate "poison" deck build.

Sakuya card is fucking cheap as hell... way more cheap than I thought it would be. Fou-Lo too now that I have actually obtained it and seen what it's capable of lol.

I have no idea how that works so, why does it do that?
Normally the character on top/super jump is the one the camera focuses on. When you knock someone down and they recover... there is a time where the person doing the combo is off screen above for quite a time because the camera is focused on the knocked down opponent. This leads into ambiguous mix ups. From the way it's described, as soon as the character knocked down regains control of this character... the camera zooms back to the opponent above. Need to test this to confirm it 100% myself but that's what it sounds like.

bs000

I have no idea how that works so, why does it do that?

If you do j.S immediately after a launcher your upward momentum keeps you in the air and the camera follows the opponent to the ground. If you have moves like Zero's raikousen feint/Phoniex fireball/Wesker teleport you can stay in the air where your opponent can't see you and go for cross ups. Doesn't work anymore because now the camera just snaps back to you if you stay in the air.

WASSHOI

Neo Member
"Hey guys, you know what would be awesome? If we made a super cool casual sandbox mode where people can just fuck around and play non-serious matches for fun!"

"That's a great idea! But let's make it random only! Caus every match affects the Heroes and Heralds ranking!"

"LOL, GOOD IDEA! WOULDN'T WANT PEOPLE MESSING UP THE SERIOUS NON-CASUAL RANKINGS! IF ONLY THERE WERE SOME WAY TO IMPLEMENT A FRIENDLY LOBBY THAT DIDN'T AFFECT THE MAIN H&H RANKING, BUT WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH RAM LOL!"

"lol, non-random H&H is too punchy."

I hate Capcom.

I WANNA PLAY SEPH MY INTERNET IS GOOD NOW

but I gotta beat H&H first :3

I spent the last 5 hours or so playing marvel, 2012, jojo's, waku waku 7 and mvc1 with my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom