• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frantic

Man if only Chun Li was easier to play. In UMVC3 she is actually a decent/playable character but the execution requirement is insanely high (one of the most difficult characters to play easily). Solid defensive tools, better pressure and mixups, combo off of throws, better damage, great assist.
That reminds me of some guy I ran into online in my most recent set of ranked matches. He played a team of X-23/Chun-Li and I think Storm... I don't really remember who was last, because I never saw them in the two matches I played against this guy. This guy... was amazing. First time I mainly went up against his X-23, which I could literally not escape and got OCV'd in quick fashion. Second time he ended up DHCing to kill Dante, and then he remained with Chun on point. I had no idea what to do against her. Constant pressure, constant jump cancels, constant mixups, corner lockdown, and crazy combos... I might as well have just set the controller down and walked away, because I could do nothing but try to block and hope I didn't get opened up. I very briefly managed to get mid-screen again with a desperate Bionic Lancer, played at it for three seconds, and then I was pushed right back into the corner to my death.

I honestly wish I encountered him in player matches, just to see how I would fair after getting over the sheer 'wtf' factor.

What does "heal" mean in the FGC? I have seen the word been thrown around a lot lately.

I need some context here. Although I would think the meaning is pretty obvious unless someone is trying to misuse the word completely.

Edit: Oh, you mean HEEL. It's a pro wrestling term for the "bad guys." Conversely, "babyface" (or just "face" for short) is for the "good guys."

sephi22

What does "heal" mean in the FGC? I have seen the word been thrown around a lot lately.
Its 'heel' my South Asian brotha. 'Heel' is referred to pro wrestlers who act 'evil' on purpose eg: HHH. 'Face' means the opposite, ie: A good guy. Eg: Hulk Hogan, The Rock

A lot of FG personalities remind people of pro wrestlers with their theatrics, so its natural that this word is thrown around to refer to people like Noel

Dahbomb

Ah I see... so that's what people mean when they call Noel Brown a "heel".

I guess it's a word rooted from WWE which I don't watch so that would explain why I didn't know about it.

That reminds me of some guy I ran into online in my most recent set of ranked matches. He played a team of X-23/Chun-Li and I think Storm... I don't really remember who was last, because I never saw them in the two matches I played against this guy. This guy... was amazing. First time I mainly went up against his X-23, which I could literally not escape and got OCV'd in quick fashion. Second time he ended up DHCing to kill Dante, and then he remained with Chun on point. I had no idea what to do against her. Constant pressure, constant jump cancels, constant mixups, corner lockdown, and crazy combos... I might as well have just set the controller down and walked away, because I could do nothing but try to block and hope I didn't get opened up. I very briefly managed to get mid-screen again with a desperate Bionic Lancer, played at it for three seconds, and then I was pushed right back into the corner to my death.
There are so many unknown people playing this game that have crazy team combinations and have enough skill to play at a high level but don't show up in tournaments. Biggest example is Bum. I think this year Sam/Atashiwa is finally going to go to EVO as well to finally get recognized. I always feel bad missing out in the online scene for Marvel, I have heard some crazy people play online.

Ah I see... so that's what people mean when they call Noel Brown a "heel".

I guess it's a word rooted from WWE which I don't watch so that would explain why I didn't know about it.

Precisely. There's other terms that get used from the pro wrestling world, but heels and faces are the most commonly used ones, and which require little explanation.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
You know, the barebones matchmaking for H&H online may not matter much in the end. Since it seems like there are very few people searching for matches at any one time, it's probably possible to pair yourself up with a friend with minimal coordination. Doubly so as time passes, as I presume there will only be fewer randoms active on it in the future.

In fact, I think it would be a good idea for those of us who want to play H&H online together to declare the side that they're taking next week and the times that they're typically available to play so that this would be possible. I'll go ahead and start.

Code:
MarvelGAF Heroes & Heralds - Week of December 25th

GAF Username  System  Gamertag      Faction  Location     Availability
------------  ------  ------------  -------  -----------  ------------
Sixfortyfive  360     Sixfortyfive  Heroes   USA/Alabama  after 7PM ET

Leave the info listed above and I'll add you to the list. Pick the side that has fewer members for your console so that we can keep a roughly even split.

This mode is too fun to not at least try to arrange something like this. I really have no desire to play normal online battles anymore; H&H is somehow less aggravating.

Dahbomb

Anyone know which card gives the highest damage boost?

I think it's possible to make a deck with X factor like damage boosts while not relying on a meter pool or other drawbacks. I am thinking Red Hulk + Fou Lo + Destroyer. Passive damage boost with an additional damage boost from Parrying (meaning I am already godly as I can fuck zoners, avoid chip, punish). Fou Lo gives me 2 X factors for those clutch XFCs. Just with Wolverine I will have 160% damage off of a parry and XFLVL1.

I might replace Red Hulk for Cyclops for the chip damage once I get it. It's essentially the same thing, just around 10% less damage boost and you get chip on normals extra.

My other deck also with Wolverine is the Invisible Snap deck. Dimitri + Gene + Leon. Of course it's not that godly against CPU but it's something I will be messing with my buddy in offline training VS (gimped but still fun).

Sixfortyfive

I might bring back Team Darkstalkers for H&H. There's a card that allows you to call assists while being hit, so just pair that with something that guarantees gold Hsien-ko to a safe DHC at match start and just wreck shop.

Frantic

I think it's possible to make a deck with X factor like damage boosts while not relying on a meter pool or other drawbacks. I am thinking Red Hulk + Fou Lo + Destroyer. Passive damage boost with an additional damage boost from Parrying (meaning I am already godly as I can fuck zoners, avoid chip, punish). Fou Lo gives me 2 X factors for those clutch XFCs. Just with Wolverine I will have 160% damage off of a parry and XFLVL1.

I might replace Red Hulk for Cyclops for the chip damage once I get it. It's essentially the same thing, just around 10% less damage boost and you get chip on normals extra.
That's actually somewhat similar to my current deck of Cyclops/Fou-Lu/Luke Cage. Cyclops, imo, is the best 'attack increase' card since it's constant and doesn't require any specific conditions. Plus Cyclops has a good bonus. My team of Dante/Spencer/Strider loves that card. Dante can do like 150k off a blockstring, Spencer can actually chip people out now now, and Strider gets chip on his orbs back. It also restores Dante's damage output to vanilla levels. :p

Also, new H&H glitch ahoy!(found by me, even) Elektra/Vile's 'Dash Cancel Grounded Moves' normally only works with ground based attacks, but it can be forced to apply to aerial moves if you have an X in your deck. Pair this with a huge hitbox move like Wesker's j.S and you can set up dirty stuff against some characters. J.S, airdash to the other side j.S. Free crossup against most standing characters. GODLIKE.

Dahbomb

Justin Wong announced on WakeUp SRK he is taking Iron Fist all the way to EVO.

He says he wants to unleash Iron Fist LVL3 on the big screen at EVO Finals just because it's hype. I agree.. Iron Fist's LVL3 is all sorts of hype. Hope he gets to do it.

Lots of other Marvel related stuff in it. Highlights include (not in this order)

*Zero is the best character in the game. Blah blah stuff you have heard already. Buster -> Lightning -> Buster is hard to react to especially with the white MMX costume against a white background. J.H difficult to air throw. Character is hard to approach. Sogenmu makes the opponent go into turtle mode and was fairly underused in vanilla. Damage is high, meter gain is high. Zero is best point character but Wesker edges out Zero in versatility on team (Wesker can play any slot, Zero has to be played front). Justin adds that it's impossible to XFC against Zero due to Buster cancel. It was a rather long Zero discussion talking about why he's #1. Match up options explored against Zero. Hawkeye mentioned, Phoenix as well. They agreed that Zero is equal or favorable in just about every match up.

*Any time throw tech glitch talked about. Keits mentioned that it may not be fully fixed but I personally think that anytime throw glitch still sort of works in training mode but not in actual matches... needs more testing still. Justin mentioned that characters who could approach mindlessly like Spencer, Taskmaster are "nerfed" but not that much. It especially effects characters with braindead approaches with tri-jump j.H OS like Magneto, Dormammu.

*Blocking 1 frame after XFC enabled. Justin mentioned Noel lost a match because of it against Mine so he's glad it's patched out. A long discussion was brought up about XFC and how to deal with it. They talked about having to space out and whittle down characters sitting on LVL3 XF waiting to XFC for the kill. Justin said it's better to whittle them down and force them to XF from a distance once and then kill them when they are around half life or less (easier to kill them then). Justin also brought up snap back technology, characters with command normals who can option select throws to beat out XFC, staggered block strings and jump cancellable normals to beat out XFC.

*Character viability was brought up. Keits asked Justin who he thinks are non-viable characters. Post-patch Phoenix Wright was brought up, they all agreed that he's the worst right now. Keits and Justin agreed that the invincible assist was his best tool and Turnabout mode wasn't a big deal as you could lame him out of it. Character has issues like slow dash and just general awkwardness. Next character to be brought up was She Hulk. Justin said he's been in the lab with her and says that she is like Iron Fist and is definitely playable/viable. He says that you have to play her smarter and that she has some new good stuff/options to explore. Justin said he was disappointed that her Clotheline assist doesn't wall bounce as an assist. Haggar was then brought up and Justin said he is very playable but needs a projectile assist. Keits agreed, said that Haggar can easily kill a million health character off of a touch.

*Justin states that he's taking Iron Fist all the way. He says that the prospect of having people witness the Iron Fist LVL3 at the big screen on the EVO stage is too big for him to pass up. He says Iron Fist gets him and the people hyped. He says that IF is very playable/viable and not ass at all... he said IF suits his play style because the st.M is like the She Hulk slide so if you are good at making reads you can even get people jumping with it. Justin thinks that a lot more people would play him if his Rising Fang special was usable in the air and his launcher wasn't complete garbage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made a special mention for this because I didn't know about it and am hoping someone can shed some light on this. Justin while talking about Iron Fist states that Iron Fist actually has 4 chis not 3. Green, Blue, Red and Yellow. Yellow chi is activated with f+H. He states that with the yellow chi your rekkas cancel faster. He states that he hasn't perfected this yet but will practice it more along with rekka karas.

That's actually somewhat similar to my current deck of Cyclops/Fou-Lu/Luke Cage. Cyclops, imo, is the best 'attack increase' card since it's constant and doesn't require any specific conditions. Plus Cyclops has a good bonus. My team of Dante/Spencer/Strider loves that card. Dante can do like 150k off a blockstring, Spencer can actually chip people out now now, and Strider gets chip on his orbs back. It also restores Dante's damage output to vanilla levels. :p
How does Luke Cage's Primary auto blocking work?

Dahbomb

I don't have an auto block card yet, there are only 2 cards that allow it which are Servbot and Luke Cage. Luke Cage has no downside to his other than you have to be below 2 gauge to access it (not a problem when you can just DT to burn that extra meter). With Servbot you take extra chip damage which I don't want in H&H at all.

If it's just hold back or neutral and it automatically block anything as long as you don't press a button... that's pretty godlike. It essentially counter picks one of my deck. I don't know why I haven't heard anything about it yet... people are all about that FFF which I can now confirm by testing that it definitely messes with character hit stuns. Another reason not to use that card.

Frantic

I don't have an auto block card yet, there are only 2 cards that allow it which are Servbot and Luke Cage. Luke Cage has no downside to his other than you have to be below 2 gauge to access it (not a problem when you can just DT to burn that extra meter). With Servbot you take extra chip damage which I don't want in H&H at all.

If it's just hold back or neutral and it automatically block anything as long as you don't press a button... that's pretty godlike. It essentially counter picks one of my deck. I don't know why I haven't heard anything about it yet... people are all about that FFF which I can now confirm by testing that it definitely messes with character hit stuns. Another reason not to use that card.
I've got both, funnily enough. Never really thought to check. I just gave it a try - it basically is All Guard, except you have to be standing completely still for it to work. It'll block all attacks, but the moment you hit a directional button, it defaults to normal. Whether it be high, low, left, right - if you're holding any direction, you'll get hit if you're not blocking properly. The same thing applies in the air. I probably will never use it, just because I don't want to forget how to block. :p

Servbot's secondary effect is actually pretty godlike, btw. It pretty much removes the timer on assist calls, so the moment they're off screen you can call them pretty much instantly.

Dahbomb

Yeah just as I thought it would function. It switches to auto block on neutral, manual blocking if you press a stick.

But this just means that grabbing someone "auto blocking" is much easier. Still this is something to consider when you have to deal with literal invisible Magneto sped up tri-dashes or invisible mix ups.

Wow @ Servbot's secondary though... didn't know the cooldown was reduced by that much. Hello lock downs...

Statistical analysis of UMVC3 @ SCR

This was an interesting read and breakdown. I however don't agree with their criteria. They state that if a point character did a majority of the damage but had to DHC into a character for the final small bit of damage... it's counted as a kill in favor of the DHC character not for the point character. I think it should be the complete opposite as landing the hit is everything and it inflates the stats of characters like Storm who have really strong DHCs.

This is pretty hilarious though: “Dark” Wesker only showed his eyes three times all tournament and, while he never was killed, he only racked up 4 kills in total. Talking about LVL4 XF Wesker, he basically has an untouchable 4-0 record lol.

The other hilarious part is that despite all the people at the tournament crying to Justin to replace IF and how IF is low tier... Iron Fist had the best kill ratio in the entire tournament. HAHA!

Another interesting thing to note was how the value of Akuma was talked down when they should've talked about the number of hit confirms that Justin made off of that assist which lead into character deaths. Or the mix ups from that assist that lead into a character death. That's the value of a character...not how many kills he made while on point compared to his deaths because Akuma usually doesn't even get to fight and usually dies as an assist before that happens.

Frantic

Wow @ Servbot's secondary though... didn't know the cooldown was reduced by that much. Hello lock downs...
I was briefly using it with Morrigan's Dark Harmonizer. Her assist was rapid fire, lol.

Just learned that jump cancels on ground normals means Dorm is able to jump upon laying a Flame Carpet in contact with someone. Quite glad he doesn't have that normally, lol.

Sixfortyfive

Rationalizing K/D ratios for individual characters in Marvel of all games is the dumbest thing ever. Even dumber than hitstun parrying.

Dahbomb

Rationalizing K/D ratios for individual characters in Marvel of all games is the dumbest thing ever. Even dumber than hitstun parrying.
I would say that part in bold is the dumbest thing ever and rationalizing K/D ratios is #2 in dumb list. #3 is no offline VS mode for H&H.

I am having a ton of fun in H&H... but every time I have to fight a CPU with the Parry ability it sucks the fun out of the entire mode.

More stuff to add into the bank of Parry is fundamentally busted in H&H

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You know, the barebones matchmaking for H&H online may not matter much in the end. Since it seems like there are very few people searching for matches at any one time, it's probably possible to pair yourself up with a friend with minimal coordination. Doubly so as time passes, as I presume there will only be fewer randoms active on it in the future.

In fact, I think it would be a good idea for those of us who want to play H&H online together to declare the side that they're taking next week and the times that they're typically available to play so that this would be possible. I'll go ahead and start.

Code:

Leave the info listed above and I'll add you to the list. Pick the side that has fewer members for your console so that we can keep a roughly even split.

This mode is too fun to not at least try to arrange something like this. I really have no desire to play normal online battles anymore; H&H is somehow less aggravating.
So crazy it may just work. Let me see if I can actually get a single game going though. >.<

Masamuna

I made a special mention for this because I didn't know about it and am hoping someone can shed some light on this. Justin while talking about Iron Fist states that Iron Fist actually has 4 chis not 3. Green, Blue, Red and Yellow. Yellow chi is activated with f+H. He states that with the yellow chi your rekkas cancel faster. He states that he hasn't perfected this yet but will practice it more along with rekka karas.

You can get yellow chi off of fH, S and a few other things. I'm not sure of all of the properties but the main thing it does is allow you to late/empty cancel rekkas into each other. So basically you can do the overhead to the point where someone can react to it then cancel it into low rekka.

It's its best off of fH since yellow chi doesn't last long at all.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Cyclops/ Kingpin/ Kingpin

Storm's Hailstorm does pretty much 50% damage on block. That is absurd. In fact, I think with certain DHCs it does more damage on block than on hit due to scaling.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Code:

Oldschoolgamer 360 OldschoolgamerZ Heroes USA/MD after 7PM ET

Invisible Mags is to trollish.

RS4-

Code:

Oldschoolgamer 360 OldschoolgamerZ Heroes USA/MD after 7PM ET
rs4-     360      dokterrhouse    heroes     CAN/Tor     anytime

Here you go! I think I'll stick with heroes again but I don't mind switching to heralds if needed

Sixfortyfive

Here you go! I think I'll stick with heroes again but I don't mind switching to heralds if needed
I'll send out a PM later if I need someone to make a switch to even things up.

Code:

GAF Username    System  Gamertag         Faction  Location     Availability
--------------  ------  ---------------  -------  -----------  ------------
Sixfortyfive    360     Sixfortyfive     Heroes   USA/Alabama  after 7PM ET
Oldschoolgamer  360     OldschoolgamerZ  Heroes   USA/MD       after 7PM ET
rs4-            360     dokterrhouse     heroes   CAN/Tor      anytime

Man if only Chun Li was easier to play. In UMVC3 she is actually a decent/playable character but the execution requirement is insanely high (one of the most difficult characters to play easily). Solid defensive tools, better pressure and mixups, combo off of throws, better damage, great assist.

In MVC3 you basically need a dumb way to open someone and a dumb way to kill them to even be considered play worthy. I swear according to many people... they think characters like Felicia and Doom went up like 2 tiers when I was telling they were good all along.

Her airdash is shit, though. It's weird to say, but she just doesn't have the mobility to make use of the tools she has.

LakeEarth

Something else I noticed that doesn't seem to work in H&H mode.

When you do an up air exchange, but you do not follow up the exchange with a combo (say you dash down instead), the opponent keeps spinning in the air and falls down super floaty. This allows for some nice swag looking combos just before they hit the ground.

It doesn't seem to work in H&H, at least not in training mode. The opponent will flip out of it before he starts falling down.

It's definitely a card thing. It happens when FFF is a secondary card, but not when it's set to primary. It also seems to happen with the Megaman card, regardless of its position in your deck.

EDIT - I thought, what else does the long spinning in the air? Dante's million dollars, after the guns but before the big red shot at the end. But it seems unaffected (by the Megaman card, FFF doesn't allow for hypers).

Uncle AJ

There are some combos that just straight up don't work in H&H regardless of which cards you're using. Hitstun deterioration seems to be larger. Frank can't even hit his rushdown hyper (qcb) after an OTG camera shot if the combo is greater than, say, 20 hits. They'll also tech out of Doom's air OTG plasma beam before air photon array can combo.

does anyone know what this card or card combination could be: I fought this guy who was... rather bad at the game, but beat me two times in H&H mode. I was able to destroy his first and second characters with my point character, and pretty much destroyed his third character, but i couldn't KILL his third. Whenever i 'killed', the sound of a card activating would happen, he would sit in the corner of his screen and taunt and 'teabag', then try to get in with a rather bad hulk and chip/lucky hit all my characters to death. This happened multiple times, with me looking to OCV him within the first 15/20 game seconds and him pulling a reverse OCV with his unkillable last character. What card was that? I WANT IT!

I took the liberty to add myself... since im usually excluded and ignored in MahvelGAF get togethers :/
Code:

The Abominable 
Snowman         360     vagabond01       HERALDS  USA/Virginia After 8PM EST

LakeEarth

Anyone know which card gives the highest damage boost?
The damage boost you get from Dr. Wiley (based on meter) seems pretty crazy. With 5 meters and FFF I get 932k with Nemesis by just LMHS j.MMHS. Adding his wall bounce and ground bounce will kill Thor. And that's level 1 XF.

Kimosabae

Banned
Someone mind explaining to me how rationalizing K/D ratios in a game predicated on depleting your opponent's vitality before they deplete yours to win is one the "dumbest things ever"?

Someone mind explaining to me how rationalizing K/D ratios in a game predicated on depleting your opponent's vitality before they deplete yours to win is one the "dumbest things ever"?

Because it doesn't take into account team chemistry or matchups. K/D ratios are for games like fps because everyone has a relatively even playing field. That's almost never the case in fighting games, especially team ones. It's like tracking how many of each character make it to top 16.

Even Nemesis would know how stupid that is.

Kimosabae

Banned
Because it doesn't take into account team chemistry or matchups. K/D ratios are for games like fps because everyone has a relatively even playing field. That's almost never the case in fighting games, especially team ones. It's like tracking how many of each character make it to top 16.

Even Nemesis would know how stupid that is.

So K/D ratios tell us nothing substantial? At all? There's nothing to be extrapolated from those facts? Really?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So K/D ratios tell us nothing substantial? At all? There's nothing to be extrapolated from those facts? Really?

Moreso that the data is rather misleading. It depends on what you're looking for, but most people that read it are using it to validate their own opinions on certain characters.

LakeEarth

Haha, red hulk primary, ulk for one more level of damage increase, dr. wiley card with 5 meters does less damage as good as FFF + Dr Wiley (primary) at 5 meters with that Nemesis combo. I would've thought it would be the other way around.

Testing out the Cyclops card as primary, at XF1, Nemesis normals do the following damage on block:
s.A - 35200
s.B - 45300
s.C - 55400
jab clothesline rocket - 60400

I'm pretty sure there's no block damage scaling, so just that series does nearly 200k damage. His jumping downward tenticles does 3x20100 damage so if I get them to block downward tenticles, continue the block stun with hawkeye's forward arrows (3x21600) and get another downward tenticles would give me 185.4k, and might put me in range to do the string above for ~ 350k of block damage. Fantastic.

shaowebb

Code:

Shaowebb 360 Dynasty Penguin Heroes USA/WV anywhere 10pm to 1 am

I just wish there was a refly card :(

I've got a few cards that let you fly longer and I know I have some kind of cards that give you perks while in air like HC gauge regenerates. Storm would beast with these.

Oh hey GB I got a combination for you to play with. Army of one/Character can use Xfactor more than once lvl2/During Xfactor HC gauge regenerates. Wesker is your character. I've done this without army of one and replaced that card with any "start with more HC Gauge" cards I could find using my standard teams and its pretty broken. I can only imagine what Q would do with it in HH using his Firebrand team with the Shuma assist. Full screen x-factor luminous body hell the whole match.

Pick Wesker, automatically better at MvC. I don't think I want to use him anymore.

I am getting better with Doom but man, I hate to practice.
I want to have Doom and Sent but I don't know who to put in the middle or front slot. Storm?

LakeEarth

Spencer is pretty simple, benefits from drone assist or beam assist, and you can DHC bionic arm into sphere flame if you DHC immediately upon impact.

shaowebb

Pick Wesker, automatically better at MvC. I don't think I want to use him anymore.
I want to have Doom and Sent but I don't know who to put in the middle or front slot. Storm?

Thats how I've always felt about him. He's good but he's so easy to use for stuff you don't feel like you're really good at this game because you don't have to work as hard to get wins with him. Its why I guess I liked MODOK, and Haggar so much. Iron Fist is a whole different story though. I've just always wanted him in a fighter since I saw him in my first Spider-man comic nearly a decade and a half ago. I'm that guy's fan.

I think the Wesker thing though may also be why I'm trying to learn stuff with RR. He has a lot of tools and is really fun out there and no one plays him. Feels kind of like a personal victory to win with characters like this over easy to win with guys like Wesker. I can only imagine how awesome Q feels about himself every time he wrecks house with his Arthur, Firebrand, or Shuma.

I've played some Storm and as good as she is the whole team gets better when she's not on point for the DHC and push off she lends them with her assist. Maybe thats just cause I use her with MODOK though. Still her assist on second with doom on point would mean Doom could corner people easier to setup his corner combos just like how MODOK uses her on my team. Considering Doom's air game is so good summoning Storm and jumping to cut off the sky with doom lasers and foot dives should make him pretty harsh on folks. Sentinel is a good anchor with his X-factor or a good Point character since assists keep him safe. Just decide between Doom or Sent on point and you're set.

LordAlu

does anyone know what this card or card combination could be: I fought this guy who was... rather bad at the game, but beat me two times in H&H mode. I was able to destroy his first and second characters with my point character, and pretty much destroyed his third character, but i couldn't KILL his third. Whenever i 'killed', the sound of a card activating would happen, he would sit in the corner of his screen and taunt and 'teabag', then try to get in with a rather bad hulk and chip/lucky hit all my characters to death. This happened multiple times, with me looking to OCV him within the first 15/20 game seconds and him pulling a reverse OCV with his unkillable last character. What card was that? I WANT IT!
He was probably using Nick Fury. His Primary effect is "when only one character is left and their vitality is 5% or below, they will regain part of their vitality. [Lv. 2]". So when you get their last character down to low health it just comes back.

You can still kill them, it just needs to be a one hit hyper that takes all that damage off. For example I play X-23 and Dormammu in my team - both their LVL3 hypers are one hit kills and will take out someone with a Nick Fury primary card.

He was probably using Nick Fury. His Primary effect is "when only one character is left and their vitality is 5% or below, they will regain part of their vitality. [Lv. 2]". So when you get their last character down to low health it just comes back.

You can still kill them, it just needs to be a one hit hyper that takes all that damage off. For example I play X-23 and Dormammu in my team - both their LVL3 hypers are one hit kills and will take out someone with a Nick Fury primary card.

:| I was not playing any character that had a single hit hyper. Thanks for the information! *Researches easiest way to get that card*

the weirdest thing is that I hit a Trish Lv 3 on XFactor with Ryu's xfactor boost. Still didn't do it.

That card is so mine.

Code:

The Abominable 
Snowman         360     vagabond01       HERALDS  USA/Virginia After 8PM EST
Professor Beef  PS3     ProfessorBeef    Heroes   USA/CA       Anytime
Added myself....I'm the only PS3 user? foreveralone.jpg