• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know what the medal is. I've only played like a couple dozen online matches since the game came out, only a few in a row. I'm pretty much always offline. Even when I sat in Kadey's lobby and played 3 or 4 matches they didn't register.

Wait, is the medal the rage quit thing? So because of my connection it thinks I ragequit and now I get placed against other ragequitters? So now that my connection is better I'm getting pushed against people with shit connections like the one at my apartment? I'm confused, is Marvel 3 online really bad or do I just have shit luck?
I think it's your connection or bad luck. I've never been disconnected on my end. Yeah, the gray medal tells other people you're a ragequitter.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's your connection or bad luck. I've never been disconnected on my end. Yeah, the gray medal tells other people you're a ragequitter.

I know I've had way less ragequits so far than in Vanilla, but chalked it up to coincidence or people being more mature (yeah right). Still happens every once in a while, and it really sucks you can't message or flag those people anymore because they don't appear in your Recent Players any more for some weird reason.

smurfx

get some go again
I know I've had way less ragequits so far than in Vanilla, but chalked it up to coincidence or people being more mature (yeah right). Still happens every once in a while, and it really sucks you can't message or flag those people anymore because they don't appear in your Recent Players any more for some weird reason.
ah! so its not just me then. i thought it was my system that was acting up and not recording that info anymore. you can get their info after the match ends by pressing start. don't know if you can leave feedback through there though.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
ah! so its not just me then. i thought it was my system that was acting up and not recording that info anymore. you can get their info after the match ends by pressing start. don't know if you can leave feedback through there though.

That's my point though. If they ragequit there's nothing you can do unless you remember their exact gamertag and no if you press start after the match when someone doesn't ragequit you can't give feedback because according to the system you never played them.

I still wondering if all that's intentional. If so, I really can't fathom why they engineered it like this. Good news for your feedback though smurf :p

Is putting the controller down in the middle of a match worse than rage quitting? I wish this game sometimes had a give up or abort option that gives my opponent the win so it doesn't waste both players time.

Nothing bugs me more than my opponent not quickly killing me in a one sided fight or letting time run out. I wish Capcom put on their thinking caps when they developed the online portion of this game. Makes me sad since I used to think highly of Capcom.

Nothing bugs me more than my opponent not quickly killing me in a one sided fight or letting time run out. I wish Capcom put on their thinking caps when they developed the online portion of this game. Makes me sad since I used to think highly of Capcom.

You can always learn something from fights that are one sided. If you never fight people better than you, you'll never learn, yadda yadda yadda. When I'm getting my ass handed to me it usually doesn't take longer than 3 minutes for the fight to be over and I always leave with at least a tiny bit of knowledge like, "Oh I guess you have to block THAT way when he does that." I don't think it's a big deal. I think the biggest oversight by Capcom is not following through with their "rage quit hell" idea where ragequitters just fight each other. It's so annoying when the fight starts and the stupid thing comes up that shows the person has played hundreds of games and has a 95% win ratio. I honestly wonder if those people have serious mental issues.

Never give up, trust your instincts!

RazOmari

That's my point though. If they ragequit there's nothing you can do unless you remember their exact gamertag and no if you press start after the match when someone doesn't ragequit you can't give feedback because according to the system you never played them.

I still wondering if all that's intentional. If so, I really can't fathom why they engineered it like this. Good news for your feedback though smurf :p
Is this only on Ranked? They appear on my recently played list in Player matches/lobbies.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Is this only on Ranked? They appear on my recently played list in Player matches/lobbies.

People in lobbies do appear in the recent player list, player mqtches dunno. I haven't really played much of those but I'm guessing they do

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
GGs Ultimoo! I'd play more but I've got to eat.

Got airgrabbed so much. Stupid option select airdash. We really need to start calling Ultimoo Triple H or something lol.

Neki

said 5 bars, proceed to play game and it was laggy as hell lol

me and god's beard don't go well together apparently

smurfx

get some go again
hey max didn't you say you were going to host a neogaf lobby when ultimate came out? YOU LIED! i want to play you! btw have you ever seen quotes's deadpool? i think its really good. i know you said that guys deadpool was the best you've seen but have you ever seen quotes play?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
hey max didn't you say you were going to host a neogaf lobby when ultimate came out? YOU LIED! i want to play you! btw have you ever seen quotes's deadpool? i think its really good. i know you said that guys deadpool was the best you've seen but have you ever seen quotes play?

Shit, I did totally forget. Someone mentioned him after the video was released. I think the video was from 8wayrun and was seriously impressed. Glad to know there's more of them out there.

I wish I knew what was wrong. I swapped back over to my PC and the internet seems fine :/

It's a little slower than usual, but not to cause what was happening :-(

edit: nope, I'm definitely lagging the fuck out. I wonder if I need a new ethernet cable. Thing is like 8 years old.

What the what now?
your router can sometimes block connections. you have to allow them either by opening up the ports or you can just set it to dmz mode which is a bit easier.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610541

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/677748/tip-open-your-nat-for-a-better-psn/

Now you may need to do this for some of the following reasons:

* Not being able to join rooms
* Not being able to speak over headset
* Not being able to hear over headset
* Not being able to join games which are hosted by certain people
* Any problems to do with connectivity to the PSN or game specific servers, especially if your computer will connect to the internet, but PS3 won't.
* Problems with media servers

i'd also try http://www.speedtest.net/ and check what kind of speeds you get just to make sure it's not your internet.

kunonabi

I'm hearing that the new H@H patch nerfed Tron again. Any truth to not being to combo standing H after King Servebot? I can't hook my the 360 to net to check at the moment.

I wish I knew what was wrong. I swapped back over to my PC and the internet seems fine :/

It's a little slower than usual, but not to cause what was happening :-(

edit: nope, I'm definitely lagging the fuck out. I wonder if I need a new ethernet cable. Thing is like 8 years old.

I would definitely look into getting a new Ethernet cable then =D

Replace all your ethernet cables with new ones.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I just made a Phoenix player rage quit in H&H haha. Killed his first 2 characters pretty quick. They had the 5 bars and x-factor so I just decided to UPBACK with 70 seconds left. Since I'm running the bs never lose life setup I'm pretty sure it was impossible for the Phoenix player to win unless I let go of the controller or something. I'd hit back with the occasional Hulk j. S but I never followed up. Dude just quit with 24 seconds left. It was glorious.

Has anyone else noticed the change to hit stun deterioration in this mode? I can't get Gamma charge 2nd into Gamma Wave anymore. It's weird why they'd change hitsun for this mode.

I just made a Phoenix player rage quit in H&H haha. Killed his first 2 characters pretty quick. They had the 5 bars and x-factor so I just decided to UPBACK with 70 seconds left. Since I'm running the bs never lose life setup I'm pretty sure it was impossible for the Phoenix player to win unless I let go of the controller or something. I'd hit back with the occasional Hulk j. S but I never followed up. Dude just quit with 24 seconds left. It was glorious.

Has anyone else noticed the change to hit stun deterioration in this mode? I can't get Gamma charge 2nd into Gamma Wave anymore. It's weird why they'd change hitsun for this mode.

Certain cards affect hitstun, it's weird.

I need more Fou-Lu cards so I can run a Godot deck, but it's so hard to find. :(

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Is that what they teach you guys to do in the Nova Corps? Lame people out? smh

;D

According to fucking Jeph Loeb who's going to be taking the character in a totally fresh and hip direction: Yes.

Standard Nova Corps Protocol is to frantically fly away from the Phoenix Force while crying like a bitch and spouting wildly inappropriate tired internet memes.

http://www.badhaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/marvelpointonea-nova-phoenix-epic-fail.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom