• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The herald colors? They're for being on the winning side of the online H&H campaign. I think you always win 5. Just not sure if it's a set 5.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Winning on the herald side wins you Marvel herald colours and winning on the heroes side wins you Capcom herald colours, if you guys didn't already know.

The herald colors? They're for being on the winning side of the online H&H campaign. I think you always win 5. Just not sure if it's a set 5.

Stupid thing told me I only got magneto :1

EDIT: I can confirm I only got Magneto. I'm guessing it's to do with your points for the week. I only was able to get 2 matches at all (damn you Aussie PS3)

Neki

Basically im sick of Hulks standing H and Dooms S foot Dive so im wondering if i just need to start chicken blocking both?

chicken block against doom

against hulk, always block high unless the hulk has shown to be able to actually press a button that hits you low, and never advancing guard unless you need to get out. key to beating hulk is punishing his unsafe s.H and s.S, or keeping him pinned down with assists. the moment he gets you into the corner, that's when the trouble really starts.

Basically im sick of Hulks standing H and Dooms S foot Dive so im wondering if i just need to start chicken blocking both?
Hulks H is unsafe on block on the ground, you just gotta watch in case he cancels it into S. It's the kinda thing you just have to watch for and take note of what the player is doing immediately after the move. If he's just doing H repeatedly, he's good to just block and then go in on, etc.

Foot Dive Dooms? well I don't think either his Jump Forward + H or Jump S are overheads.

EDIT: Actually, his Jump S probably is.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
HOW'D YOU GET SO MANY!?!?
As far as I can tell, the more points you contribute to the cause, the more color unlocks you get, up to 5 max.

I tried to cheat the system and reset before it saved so that I could get a different random draw for cards/colors, but that just resulted with me not receiving any prize at all. Oh well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I only got Iron Fist as a Herald colour :(

Well I only played one game and lost it so it's warranted LOL.

What's the best card to go along with +2 rarity (*)/+1 rarity/_____ ? For grinding it out.

Degen

I don't think I've ever seen you do that once.
wish I could show you some competitive offline play! you'd be surprised at the non-stupidity

Multiple man deck + Extra Chip + Fou Lu + Hulk = HeavyAAGammaCharge xx HeavyAAGammaChargeDown = Forever Locked Down
I'm telling you, Gamma Charge shenanigans can be straight broken

KOing an opponent with a blocked heavy GC -> blocked drone assist -> blocked heavy GC is amazing

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just realized how very hard can easily be finished if you spam GR's jumping S.

Also how come the Japanese voice still says Phoenix Wright? Shouldn't it be Naruhodo-san?

smurfx

get some go again
finally played dj huoshen. got beat down 7-3. it was pretty laggy too. i think i might of been able to get 1 or 2 more wins if it wasn't for lag. freaking haggar of all characters helped me get 2 of those wins. i was in the lab with haggar and i was able to get 700k damage meterless! :eek: finally started playing around with his otg. i can also go for his infinite after doing about 600k damage. so pretty much i can kill any character with him if i don't fuck up. i think i have another set up which looks really hard to escape but i have to work on that one.

El Sloth

Banned
finally played dj huoshen. got beat down 7-3. it was pretty laggy too. i think i might of been able to get 1 or 2 more wins if it wasn't for lag. freaking haggar of all characters helped me get 2 of those wins. i was in the lab with haggar and i was able to get 700k damage meterless! :eek: finally started playing around with his otg. i can also go for his infinite after doing about 600k damage. so pretty much i can kill any character with him if i don't fuck up. i think i have another set up which looks really hard to escape but i have to work on that one.
Haggar has an infinite?

I just realized how very hard can easily be finished if you spam GR's jumping S.

Also how come the Japanese voice still says Phoenix Wright? Shouldn't it be Naruhodo-san?

It's the English version of the game, so the characters will refer to the character as their English name (Hsien-Ko, Akuma, Phoenix Wright, Firebrand). If you switch your console to Japanese (at least, this works for PS3), then the game will become the Japanese version, and the characters are now referred to as Lei-Lei, Gouki, Naruhodo-kun and Red Arremer.

OMG Aero

I just got this game for Christmas so sorry if this has been covered before but I was just wondering if the PSN chat link in the OP is up to date?
The post it links to is from the original MVC3 thread so I just wanted to know if that chat room is still used for UMVC3 and who I should send a friend request to get an invite. Also I am a complete scrub so if there is a separate group for scrubs then that would be awesome.

smurfx

get some go again
I just got this game for Christmas so sorry if this has been covered before but I was just wondering if the PSN chat link in the OP is up to date?
The post it links to is from the original MVC3 thread so I just wanted to know if that chat room is still used for UMVC3 and who I should send a friend request to get an invite. Also I am a complete scrub so if there is a separate group for scrubs then that would be awesome.
well there is scrub lobby's all the time. don't know if all the people in there are scrubs but i see people making them all the time.

I burnt up my hands kinda bad last night spilling boiling caramel on myself. I'll be fine, but I can't really play Marvel for the next day or so probably. Typing with my ring finger and pinky feels weird lol

Roto13

Why do the Hulk's missions suck so much? Missions 4 and 5 can't be completed.
I burnt up my hands kinda bad last night spilling boiling caramel on myself. I'll be fine, but I can't really play Marvel for the next day or so probably. Typing with my ring finger and pinky feels weird lol

Oof. :/

Roto13

Two Luke Cages + Sabretooth = brainless card setup

Yep pretty much kills the point to the entire mode and stifles any creativity.

Capcom should just remove the luke cage and sabretooth cards

So after playing a bit of H&H online, this setup completely ruins it. It's like the Marvel vs Capcom version of snaking in Mario Kart DS. It's reason enough for me to not play online at all until I get these cards myself. At least it only ruins one mode and not the whole game.

Burning Water

Neo Member
So after playing a bit of H&H online, this setup completely ruins it. It's like the Marvel vs Capcom version of snaking in Mario Kart DS. It's reason enough for me to not play online at all until I get these cards myself. At least it only ruins one mode and not the whole game.

Honestly, I gave up on H&H after the first day. Don't get me wrong, the mode is fun, but it would have been infinitely much better if it were executed properly. No offline H&H and especially no H&H lobbies made me not care about it anymore, especially when you have to fight people with near broken setups before you even have a chance to acquire those decks of your own.

LakeEarth

My only problem with H&H is that I had an 11 game win streak and didn't know that if I lost I'd get no points for all those wins, not just lose the bonus points. I have something like a 21 and 6 record and I have < 100 H&H points. Damn.

Burning Water

Neo Member
My only problem with H&H is that I had an 11 game win streak and didn't know that if I lost I'd get no points for all those wins, not just lose the bonus points. I have something like a 21 and 6 record and I have < 100 H&H points. Damn.

I don't understand. Why'd you lose all those points?

LakeEarth

I don't understand. Why'd you lose all those points?

I started accumulating bonus points, and my H&H points stopped growing at 50. After a win, the game would ask if I wanted to keep the bonus going and I said yes. When I had my loss, I was still at 50.

My fault, when the game gave me the big 12-part explaination of H&H mode I just skipped ahead without reading it. Lesson learned, but it sucks seeing people with less wins and more losses having more points than me.

Burning Water

Neo Member
I started accumulating bonus points, and my H&H points stopped growing at 50. After a win, the game would ask if I wanted to keep the bonus going and I said yes. When I had my loss, I was still at 50.

My fault, when the game gave me the big 12-part explaination of H&H mode I just skipped ahead without reading it. Lesson learned, but it sucks seeing people with less wins and more losses having more points than me.

That blows. Don't feel bad, man. I read all 12 pages and still had no idea.

Hulk's standing H, yes. Doom's foot dive, hell no. It's cancellable and completely unpunishable on block. You need to jump/air dash out of the way as it's much more punishable when it whiffs.

Malajax

I am scrub forever. I don't even remember BNBS and I learned it in training room but during fights, I kept forgetting to use them. :(

At least you didn't just get beat up by kids half your age. My excuse is that I didn't have my stick, but that shouldn't have really mattered. I'm free :(

GatorBait

Went to see Mission Impossible 4 last night. During the previews, a commercial for Bod body spray comes on...

...and I recognized the girl in the commercial as X-23 from Max's vids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom