• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeTmAn81

Wow, MarlinPie just got 3-0'ed very convincingly in Grand Finals by Chris G's Morrigan/Doom/Akuma zoning team. Some serious plasma was chucked.

Bizazedo

That's a brutal zoning team. Marlin's team has a definite weakness against zoning, it seems, if he can't get Doom out more. Honzo Gonzo'd probably be able to do the same thing to him.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That's a brutal zoning team. Marlin's team has a definite weakness against zoning, it seems, if he can't get Doom out more. Honzo Gonzo'd probably be able to do the same thing to him.
Yeah he was having trouble against zoning earlier on too. His Doom is just so many levels of bad, but I see why he uses him, a decent amount of synergy is there.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Thank you based #eSPORTS. THEREALCHRISG SCR statement time.

ChrisG just really disappointed in how bad he played. Sadness leaving.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Chris G on the ragequit: I couldn't come back. I'm not Akuma.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

At least he owns up to his less than proficient play. Ran it back with Combo though, so it's all good.

Dahbomb

Oh man this guy on 8 on the Break named Demoneyes... playing OG MVC2 Clockw0rk team of Strider/Sentinel/Doom. Doom on Rocks assist. Definitely wrecking shit with it.

ido

Well, sadly I have given up on UMvC3... I just can't get into 3 like I had hoped that I could. I think I'm getting too old to adapt or something. It's back to playing MvC2 for me now.

One of my good friends is still grinding away in ranked trying to reach Cosmic/practice for tournaments. If anyone ever runs into HYPERDRIVE X(Xbox live) from here, beat him for me... because I can't lol.

smurfx

get some go again
Well, sadly I have given up on UMvC3... I just can't get into 3 like I had hoped that I could. I think I'm getting too old to adapt or something. It's back to playing MvC2 for me now.

One of my good friends is still grinding away in ranked trying to reach Cosmic/practice for tournaments. If anyone ever runs into HYPERDRIVE X(Xbox live) from here, beat him for me... because I can't lol.
i think the name sounds kinda familiar. what rank is he? i'm currently 3rd lord so if he's around that rank i might see him. one thing i noticed yesterday is that searching for ranked matches the regular way will generally net you very little opponents but doing it from training mode will get you a match right away and with a bunch of different people. i must of played the same 4 people a bunch of times.

YES its very good, its like Weskers rhino charge when it was good. But it costs 2 bars :(
i was thinking about using the regular counters. i'm not wasting a meter on him when i can kill him off by just zoning and punishing everytime i block his chains.

ido

i think the name sounds kinda familiar. what rank is he? i'm currently 3rd lord so if he's around that rank i might see him. one thing i noticed yesterday is that searching for ranked matches the regular way will generally net you very little opponents but doing it from training mode will get you a match right away and with a bunch of different people. i must of played the same 4 people a bunch of times.

Dunno what rank he is at the moment, but I think he is ranked like 28 in the world... So I'd guess like 1st lord perhaps? He always calls and bitches to me about playing Dios X. Says all he does is run the entire time. But my friend uses Spiderman a lot, if that helps you remember. His main two teams are Spiderman/Wesker/Sentinel and Strider/Wesker/Doom.

And yeah, I always did my searches from training mode. On Xbox Live I could barely hit the training dummy before it finds a match.

smurfx

get some go again
you know i'm sure i've fought your friend. i'm pretty sure i've beaten him as well. no way i've never beaten him at least once. is your friend a dante player?

ido

you know i'm sure i've fought your friend. i'm pretty sure i've beaten him as well. no way i've never beaten him at least once. is your friend a dante player?

Na'h... Main team is Spiderman/Wesker/Sentinel.

Here is the video of a tournament finals he just recently lost to a Dark Phoenix player by ONE HIT. It was a pretty epic set of matches live, at least. Check 'em out: Hattiesbrawl UMvC3 grand finals

Burning Water

Neo Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkacsy_VYwM&feature=player_embedded#at=99 <-- Vergil + Spencer synergy

Spencer allows Vergil to get a combo off of any button and not be restricted to MHS for super jump air to airs (which is also good and works). And oh the reset possibilities..

I've used the Vergil/Spencer technology, but the inclusion of Taskmaster is just obnoxious. I think I might need replace Hawkeye for a bit. That shit was just swaggerful.

Edit: Thanks for posting =p

Dahbomb

Vergil plus Taskmaster or Hawkeye is classic. You can't go wrong with either.

In addition, I feel that Magneto with Vergil is another classic. Disruptor is the best beam for teleport mix ups. Vergil gets pretty much no mileage from beams as combo extenders unlike Wesker so Disruptor is excellent for him due to minimal scaling.

This is of course the traditional Vergil set up... this does not include potential lock down Vergil technology.

Chris Genius aka Chris Godlike Morrigan play -> http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun/b/303824549 starting at around 1:20:00ish. Morrigan really making noise in UMVC3 as of late although it really just appears that it's the match ups she is against which definitely are in her favor.

smurfx

get some go again
morrigan is really looking good lately. i really love seeing people play keep away with her. maybe i should give her a try and see if she is viable.

Dahbomb

She is definitely viable. Although that depends on the definition. A ton of characters are viable in the sense that you can see them on a winning team of a major especially at this early stage of the game.

It's really just about the dedication you want to put in the character and if you want to adjust your team around the character if it ever comes to it. I love IM but I don't want to play Sentinel just so I can make him viable. My new Vergil team is much more flexible without IM in it... sometimes you just gotta play multiple teams catering to different characters and playstyles.

smurfx

get some go again
I meant viable when it comes to my style. she might work for other players but i do have my style and a character has to fit in. taskmaster will always be my primary character so all other characters have to support him.

Burning Water

Neo Member
Saw this posted on SRK. Morrigan Combo vid.

Finally remembered to watch this. It's not weird I want her in my bed more than before, is it? I didn't think so. When I'm comfortable with the newer cast, I'm gonna have to pick Morrigan back up. I enjoy seeing/doing actual Morrigan combos as opposed to sitting in the air across the screen throwing fireballs.

Anybody know of some pros/tournament players who play rushdown Morrigan? I'm kinda bored watching Dieminion.

Dahbomb

Well that used to be 645's old team... maybe he can give you some pointers on it. Although he specifically said that it's his mission in this game to punish people using Morrigan. Zoning team with Morrigan's meter gaining assist is profit if you are confident in the point character's solo capabilities.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Just got those two stupid-ass Arcade High Scores trophies this morning. Took about 45 minutes! There's a good walk-through on PS3Trophies.org for anyone who is interested. What a waste of two trophy slots...

I was really hoping that would've patched in some Heroes and Heralds Trophies. I wonder if the Vita version has any trophies that are different.

V_Arnold

Am I the only one here who has no intention of playing H&H and focuses solely on the "normal" gameplay? :D

(Btw, I decided to finally practice Nova and his fly-unfly-included combos. Damn, he is good!. My team is now...Vergil/Nova/Strange - main, with Dante/Vergil/Vajr...I mean Strider and Viper/Vergil/Strider still seeing some play :D)

I will learn Morrigan next week, if Bayonetta replay sessions does not interfere with my plans.

Xevren

Am I the only one here who has no intention of playing H&H and focuses solely on the "normal" gameplay? :D

(Btw, I decided to finally practice Nova and his fly-unfly-included combos. Damn, he is good!. My team is now...Vergil/Nova/Strange - main, with Dante/Vergil/Vajr...I mean Strider and Viper/Vergil/Strider still seeing some play :D)

I will learn Morrigan next week, if Bayonetta replay sessions does not interfere with my plans.

I'm focusing on normal, only because H&H has no offline versus to fuck around with. I won't play online.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just got those two stupid-ass Arcade High Scores trophies this morning. Took about 45 minutes! There's a good walk-through on PS3Trophies.org for anyone who is interested. What a waste of two trophy slots...

I was really hoping that would've patched in some Heroes and Heralds Trophies. I wonder if the Vita version has any trophies that are different.
Which one did you use?

This one or this one?

They seem to conflict in terms of strategy, one lists a maximum number of points you can get with snap backs, the other one suggests you whore snap backs for points. Confusing, which is right?

Normal Marvel is still where it's at.

... Until they patch offline VS mode in H&H mode. Then I don't know...
Using Training Mode works surprisingly well.. hell it's even better for long sets because of how quick you get back into the game. I had two really long offline sessions of H&H and couldn't complain really.

Grecco

Mostly yes im doing the same. I cant see myself spending too much time on HnH. Ill admit i like the whole collecting thing and the binders with cards. But thats it

Dahbomb

Yes I know about the training mode.

I was just randomly checking my Youtube account and I just realized that it has an inbox system. -_- Never really tinkered with the Youtube stuff. Anyway yes I am indeed also Dahbomb on Youtube although I only have a few of videos up (most for DMC3) and nothing really that special. I know someone on Neogaf messaged me during my ban period via Youtube but I just checked my Youtube now.

Also I have some messages from 2007-2008! 0_0 Should I respond to them or not?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
On Monday I actually brought my 360 over to a friend's to play "local" H&H while signed into Live on both consoles. I'm probably going to keep playing it as my main online mode until I have all the unlocks, although in future weeks I might just wait a few days and then join the winning side since you only get unlocks for siding with the winner.

Dahbomb

DMC3 is the game with the best combat engine in the series which invented the modern 3D action genre.

NG2 is not even the best game of its series.

I win this free.

Dahbomb

Never said it was, just that it had the best combat engine in the series which is a fact. Since this is a FG thread it's pointless to talk about anything other than combat.

Also 2 DMC3 characters vs 1 DMC1 character in UMVC3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom