• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
I can ask Art to stream himself nekkid if you like.

Go on....

How many hours till you thought of streaming by the way? I'll possibly make my grand entrance on 360 to get bodied fraaaaay. :O Much like I have in SSF4 AE by the Fei Long user whose name escapes me at the moment. :p

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
NG2 is difficult for all of the wrong reasons. Black was where it's at, in terms of that series.

What happened to the gaf concept match idea? Dooo itttt!

edit: Drones probably help Storm out the exact same way they help Mags.

V_Arnold

I dunno, Dahbomb is a huge DMC fan and even he admitted NG2 is better.

I do not even like DMC as a series that much. But it was saddening to see that the review build that I got to play on NG2 was ..for a while, at least, I do not know if they finally patched it... MORE STABLE than the retail version. Some places got even more messy in the final product. That is not a good sign for a game in this genre.

But all these issues are non-existent in my head: the quality of NG overall and DMC overall (+Bayonetta) makes it so that we are arguing whether it is AMAZING or simply TOP NOTCH, not if one is "bad" and other is "good". There is a reason that these series have survived where very few even dared to enter.

Neki

It might be useful to put her second, so you can DHC into hailstorm. I don't know how she'd help Nova though. Hurricane assist maybe.

Storm doesn't have good assists, which is why I like her on point. Though Storm does have a very good hyper that OTGs and can come out in one frame, decisions decisions.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Storm doesn't have good assists, which is why I like her on point. Though Storm does have a very good hyper that OTGs and can come out in one frame, decisions decisions.

That's why a bunch put her second. I dunno, with Drones on the field it's the same situation with Mags, so her first might be the most apt.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
DHC into Hail Storm to catch stuff. DHC into Elemental Rage to catch stuff. DHC into Lightning Storm if you fucked up the input for Elemental Rage.

Seriously, is there really a use for Lightning Storm?

zlatko

Banned
Sorry I didn't stay longer in the lobby. Everyone bowed out and I was sitting waiting since no one wanted to fight me. :(

I was Outlaw Slevin. Yo noooooova ugh! :D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
All the GAFFers left at that point. I wasn't around for the most part. Working on my new PC room. Here's a picture of my stream computer I built myself.

l4UF5.png

Degen

Kadey said:
ooh look at me i have a kickass computer just for streaming

i certainly don't have time for a low-grade acer laptop that overheats at the mere thought of putting "high-def" and "stream" in the same sentence

i'm certainly not degen

well you know what, kadey

that's just fine. that is juuuuust fine

somebody, let me defeat you at this t-rated video game to regain my pride

shaowebb

Her assists are fine if your main goal is simply gaining corner combos. She works well for MODOK and Doom using her whirlwind assist this way since it pushes them out a lot. Thats really the only reason to use her as an assist though unless you use some really specific tricks. Well, that and her nice DHC's.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
How can you regain something you never had in the first place? LOL.

It's okay. You are special Degen. That's all that matters. Keep being yourself.

I'm going to say this one last time. First to ten between you and Beef. Winner gets $20 PSN points and becomes mod.

How can you regain something you never had in the first place? LOL.

It's okay. You are special Degen. That's all that matters. Keep being yourself.

I'm going to say this one last time. First to ten between you and Beef. Winner gets $20 PSN points and becomes mod.

I give him exactly one week from now before I become bored with it and just move on to AssCreedRev. I'm already almost done with Sonic Generations.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
And Spiderman's a character I actually like hooray. I'm guessing Spidey works best with a Hawkeye type assist and an otg. I'm thinking Spidey/Wesker/Hawkeye. Can't wait to try it out, whenever I'm done slogging through Uncharted 3.

Tobe

the thing about killas team is that its very annoying, spidey like zero is very hard to catch, and well has gotten to point of TOD combo/resets with spidey. youll probably want kill spidey the first chance to get maybe even burning xfactor, but oh noes here comes hawk and x23, hawk isnt too much of a problem but holy shit on the frame advantage x23 has + xfactorlvl3 shit just goes nuts.
im sure im missing out a lot cause i dont know the match ups against 23 and spidey pretty sure there is some unsafe stuff going on but i/we just dont know it.

Dahbomb

Spider Man is insane in this game. And X-23 is + on generally everything, doesn't have to be XF mode. If you block something of her, better pushblock that shit.

On a different note... where are all you people who wanted to play RR when the game came out? Speak up!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
4NdPL.jpg

"I got nothing but time."
*dead*

*right-click save*

Spider Man is insane in this game. And X-23 is + on generally everything, doesn't have to be XF mode. If you block something of her, better pushblock that shit.

On a different note... where are all you people who wanted to play RR when the game came out? Speak up!
I'm here.. and his j.M ruins everything. I can't play with that j.M, I'm just not wired to adjust my combos like that. I was super hyped to play PW too, and although he's fun to screw around with, can't play him seriously at all. Too volatile.

Thanks for the compliments guys ^_^

I swear I have an actual X-23, but hit-confirming off of arrows and getting full H Mirage Feint loops and Crescent Scythe xx Talon Dive cancels is significantly harder to do online. She is by nature my comeback character, she's almost as ridiculous as Felicia or Wesker in XF2 or 3. Definitely one of the best XF2 characters for sure, and I usually have a ton of meter since Spider-Man doesn't use a lot really.

My Hawkeye is definitely my weak link but I think he's what makes both those characters a threat on my team, he gives them that little extra oomph. I won't lie though, my Hawkeye's fraudulence is only surpassed by my Taskmaster's :p He's in there for setups and letting the other two do what they do best.

This team's made to optimize Spider-Man and in most cases I think it's worth it to kill him as far as my setup goes. Hawkeye and X-23 have only decent synergy, and they come in in the wrong order on my team to preserve Spider-Man's DHC compatibility. If you can lame out X-23 and/or my fraudulent Hawkeye, you're probably sitting pretty. Characters with dumber hitboxes than X-23 (outside of Wesker or naked Taskmaster IMO) will give that duo trouble too.

Also GGs Smurf, Tobe, and everyone else on Kadey's stream/ranked. The way I feel about Zero/Trish/(insert character Spider-Man has trouble with) is the way I hope you guys feel about Spider-Man -- it'll mean I'm doing my job :D

A Pretty Panda said:
And Spiderman's a character I actually like hooray. I'm guessing Spidey works best with a Hawkeye type assist and an otg. I'm thinking Spidey/Wesker/Hawkeye. Can't wait to try it out, whenever I'm done slogging through Uncharted 3.

I think that's basically one of his better loadouts but he works in a lot of different stuff. Play Wesker in the back for the cheapest stuff. And think about Doom on Plasma Beam in the middle too if you want a different look instead of Hawkeye. Hawkeye and Spider-Man have a bag of tricks though, and I think they might be best buds - it's between him and Doom.

smurfx

get some go again
cool i didn't know it was you. i'll make sure to send you a friend request so we can get some games in! gotta download that spiderman. :p

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Getting to the point where I'm angry even when I win. Time to put the game down for the night.

I'm pretty sure the #1 rank on H&H is boosting. I don't buy a ~50% win rate with a 54-game win streak. He also seems to play only H&H, yet I've never run into him even during the times when his score is steadily increasing.

smurfx

get some go again
today was the longest session of umvc3 i've had. had to stop because i was getting the wesker blues. god damn like every freaking team is using him. its pretty much wesker/doom/virgil/spencer. all other characters i see are pretty much assists for those characters. you people can call zero the best character in the game but i hardly see any on ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom