• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just saw a title "pad warrior." Game keeps coming up with surprises.

ibzk7WtEl2ITjw.png

And my current team WAS Nova/Frank/Deadpool only because I happened to know what I was doing with them, but that was the only reason, I didn't want to have to learn an ENTIRELY NEW character or in this case possibly 2. I ALSO hate that being good with a few characters means NOTHING unless those specific characters all work together properly :/

Gonna be harder to crack someone with your team simply because the left/right on it isn't great, and neither is its zoning ability. You have a decent lockdown assist in Shopping Cart (never really got the hype behind this assist, but its serviceable), but Nova isn't especially great at opening up chicken blockers. Your throw game is probably where you'd have to get paid with this team, since Nova can get decent damage off of them.

However, I can see why something like assist spam of heeden meesiles and Sentinel Force would tick you off -- you have no way of getting in with Nova's tall hurtbox and above-average airdash speed. Doom/Sent would eat up all your durability points too. You can make a good read however, with Gravimetric Blaster to make them think twice about assist calls, and then that would make it a bit easier. Nova also has that huge cr. M - using that in conjunction with the Shopping cart would probably help you get a bit more mileage out of the team.

It's not built to be a champion killer, but your team is serviceable for sure. It looks like a 3-point team, but even those aren't doomed like other team games - just gotta make sure you kill. I've seen far (seemingly) crappier setups work.

Pretty sure Frank can even get leveled off of a DHC from Nova's Basketball hyper. Just do it before it ends, and it'll be a hard knockdown so you can get to crazy Frank.

Shopping cart might not absorb projectiles, but the cart itself doesn't have a hitbox so it's really good for plowing through people and you get a lot of mixup opportunities. Definitely not for every team.

I wonder who has the most painful-sounding death shout in this game? I can't think of anyone topping Chris or CapAm.

Chun's glass splitting shriek. Yeesh, sounds so wrong.

Shopping cart might not absorb projectiles, but the cart itself doesn't have a hitbox so it's really good for plowing through people and you get a lot of mixup opportunities. Definitely not for every team.

Ah, gotcha. Better than the other options he has for sure. Guess that's why it's with teleporters/pseudoporters all the time.

Ah, gotcha. Better than the other options he has for sure. Guess that's why it's with teleporters/pseudoporters all the time.

Exactly. Any mixup character that doesn't explicitly need an extra way around projectiles to shine. Wolverine with his tiny jumping hitbox, Magneto with his fast dashes, Wesker. Ironically, Nova probably needs another assist because his forward mobility isn't really that great with mixups. He probably can't use it for much more than a hit confirm, which is pretty good though.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
If it works, it works.

It works only to a certain point. Desperation Weskers only work up to a level, even online. It's just like using Sentinel in Vanilla without actually learning Sentinel.

Ok so it goes

800k- Stream Monster
900k- Pad Warrior

I wonder what else.

I think 1,000,000 is "I Play Too Much" or something. I have it unlocked. I was rocking the Pad Warrior title for a while.

Aka "LOL LOOK AT THE SALTY NUB"? :p

And my current team WAS Nova/Frank/Deadpool only because I happened to know what I was doing with them, but that was the only reason, I didn't want to have to learn an ENTIRELY NEW character or in this case possibly 2. I ALSO hate that being good with a few characters means NOTHING unless those specific characters all work together properly :/

I don't see why Wesker is a must for your team, if you want a Nova/Frank team you can use Spencer too. And yeah LOL look at the salty nub. There's like 50 characters in this game, surely you weren't expecting to stick to 3 of them and pretend that the other 47 doesn't exist?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I haven't really played this in a week or so thanks to work related issues. I can't hit blast loops with mags anymore. -_- Hitting 1 million off of a single reset is pretty dope though.

Morrigan is really fun to use! *hops on bandwagon*

I haven't really played this in a week or so thanks to work related issues. I can't hit blast loops with mags anymore. -_- Hitting 1 million off of a single reset is pretty dope though.

Morrigan is really fun to use! *hops on bandwagon*

Getting 1.4 million off a single reset with no meter with Wesker is pretty dope ^_^

If I had to guess the 5 EVO games:

UMvC3
SC5
KOF XIII
BBCS:E

If EVO is still 3 days, there's no way they can get a whole SFxT tournament done within the time confines knowing what we know about the game. Unless they make the gem loadout screen a lot faster and ensure people aren't use preorder gems with better activation conditions, the game would be a nightmare to run a large-scale tourney for. And BBCS:E still has a pretty active scene, no?
I respect this list. It'd be nice if Skullgirls or MK9 got a game as a side event in this scenario though. It's a nice nod to aspiring American fighting game devs if they make sure to show off at least one American made game.
I'll be honest I just wanna chat with someone about this game, because it really just seems like an unfair 'let's exploit as much as you while ignoring it's supposed to be a fighting game, not an assist glitching contest.", or am I just missing the point? I keep wanting to just get rid of the game but it's SO MUCH FUN when you do well, just so fucking horrible when you don't. There is absolutely ZERO fun when you're fighting someone with skill, you just play a game of 'how long can I block before I die', and I don't feel any more experienced or skilled for having played, just feel useless and retarded, which doesn't happen with any other fighting game.

WHY DO I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME THAT PISSES ME OFF, FRUSTRATES ME, AND GETS ME INSULTED SO MUCH
It's Mahvel baybee!

I personally love a lot of that stuff when it comes to this game haha.
I'm insulted that people just drop in and say "I'm learning Wesker now", shove him on anchor without thinking twice and assume they're going to start winning matches. Maybe if you're having problems, you should work on improving your weaknesses instead of bitching about the game.

Dude, it's a damn TEAM GAME. STRATEGY IS THE WHOLE POINT. It's not even like you're using bad characters. Wesker is REALLY not going to win for you with that team.
Hey, it works pretty well.

Sorry bro
Degen vs Professor Beef grudge match in it's entirety.

http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/304013294

Doesn't start until a couple of minutes in.
I'll be tuning in for sure. I went to sleep early so I'd wake up early so I was bound to miss it...
If you won I was gonna post this.

qLrjL.jpg

Since it's so damn creepy I'll say it's appropriate.
I laughed way too hard.

Jenga

Banned
Just bought this shit, here are the dudes/teams I wanna learn and play

Wesker/Doom/Strider

Nova/Hawkeye/Dorm

these are pretty solid no?

Nikashi

Banned
Okay, I am re-invigorated. Does anyone think I can work a team around Frank and Deadpool with another character? I am fairly strong with both of them and I have been able to get them to work together rather well so I figure that's a good starting point. Please hit me with suggestions and I'll hit the old training room :D

Wesker/Doom/Strider

Nova/Hawkeye/Dorm

First team is decent. Second team looks questionable, Nova and Hawkeye wouldn't build meter for Dorm and an anchor Dorm without meter is a sitting duck.

smurfx

get some go again
Okay, I am re-invigorated. Does anyone think I can work a team around Frank and Deadpool with another character? I am fairly strong with both of them and I have been able to get them to work together rather well so I figure that's a good starting point. Please hit me with suggestions and I'll hit the old training room :D
i would give an opinion but people always tell me how wrong i am so no more opinions on characters anymore. -_- besides i only really know 3 characters and two of those i have a lot to learn. i still have some to learn with taskmaster but i can say i know him pretty well.

Dahbomb

Wesker/Doom/Strider

Nova/Hawkeye/Dorm

First one is Maximillian's team on the Online Warrior. It's a legit, strong team. Works in that order too (Doom on Beam, Strider on Vajra).

Second one would probably work with Dorm on point, then Nova then Hawkeye. Nova on Nova Strike for combo extension for Dorm and Hawkeye on Triple shot. Decent team as well.

Yeah it's possible. Deadpool with a combo extender OTG assist for Frank West so that he can get multiple camera shots in. Frank West shopping cart can lock down opponent for a high low mix up from Deadpool. You need an assist to cover the horizontal plane like a beam assist or a lock down assist like Sentinel drones. Team would benefit from having Sentinel Drones, Hawkeye Triple shot, Taskmaster Aim Master, Doom Plasma Beam, Amaterasu Cold Shots, Strange Bolts of Balthak/Eye of Agamotto etc.

And don't worry about being salty in the game... it's a natural course of progression. No one starts off good in this game and there are a lot of killers out there but once you learn the mechanics in the game you can make magic happen. And that's where the crack factor kicks in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izzOw0FN018&feature=player_embedded#!

Try building a team around this really cool combo. You can pick any of the commonly used beam assist characters (Doom, Task, Hawkeye, Akuma as a pseudo beam) or you can pick an assist for vertical coverage like Dante or Strider so that Deadpool has both vertical and horizontal coverage. I think you should consider Deadpool/Frank/Nova too, although I am not sure if Frank with Nova's assist will work well.

Dahbomb

I ALSO hate that being good with a few characters means NOTHING unless those specific characters all work together properly :/
That's the whole point of the game. Your team actually does function together you just have to dig deeper. The roster viability in this game is extremely high... at least 40 out of the 50 are viable strong characters on a well made team. In this game a well made team usually triumphs if you know how to use the tools on your team and when to use them.

Dreavus

H&H is actually pretty addicting as a single player mode. I always want to unlock just one more card...

It's also incredibly bewildering. At one point, a CPU wolverine (last character) I was fighting jumped back up to 100% full health after being "killed" by me, and promptly won via time out. I don't know what's going on in any given match (kinda makes it fun actually) and those symbols may as well not even be there!

Dahbomb

That's the Astaroth card. Last character gets revived one time only with some meter on deck.

Dacidbro at TNT 2v2 Tournament winning with Morrigan on point ->http://www.twitch.tv/finestko/b/304026361

It's worth a watch for a slightly different Morrigan than people are used to (more rushdown/match up dependent style of play as opposed to SOUL FISTS EVERYWHERE OMFG!!!!).

Anyone know the origin of this pic:

tumblr_lvbhzoOewH1qks73b

I saw some more of the intro including Wright + Deadpool, Morrigan + Strange and Wolverine + Vergil (which is god tier in bad assery). Can't get the full version of those though, link seem broken.

Found DP + Wright:

tumblr_lvb3z6UtRK1qks73b

Found some more:

tumblr_lv5ijoxWg71qdmrf4o1_500.png

tumblr_lv4e14FkRJ1qdmrf4o1_500.png

tumblr_lv94jd5vb11qdmrf4o1_500.png

mr. puppy

Banned
i wish ghost rider didn't blow. that pick of him and dante wants me to do a ghost/dante jam session/x team. also, i can't figure out an X. maybe I'll just throw in Morrigan.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Those shots make me extra salty we didn't get some more full blown opening cutscenes like in Vanilla. It sucks how SFxT gets all these fully fledged CGI trailers every time a new character sneezes and Marvel just got the slpw-mo thing.

That said, any future grudge matches planned? I'm game to do one as long as my opponent is roughly the same skill level.

Burning Water

Neo Member
Dacidbro at TNT 2v2 Tournament winning with Morrigan on point ->http://www.twitch.tv/finestko/b/304026361

It's worth a watch for a slightly different Morrigan than people are used to (more rushdown/match up dependent style of play as opposed to SOUL FISTS EVERYWHERE OMFG!!!!).

I was asking for this since two days ago. THANK YOU.

Anyone know the origin of this pic:

tumblr_lvbhzoOewH1qks73b

I saw some more of the intro including Wright + Deadpool, Morrigan + Strange and Wolverine + Vergil (which is god tier in bad assery). Can't get the full version of those though, link seem broken.

Found DP + Wright:

tumblr_lvb3z6UtRK1qks73b

Found some more:

tumblr_lv5ijoxWg71qdmrf4o1_500.png

tumblr_lv4e14FkRJ1qdmrf4o1_500.png

tumblr_lv94jd5vb11qdmrf4o1_500.png

I'm pretty sure these pics are on the disc in the Gallery section.

There has to be somewhat of a legitimate reason for a grudge match.

I propose gods beardo vs shao next.

If I can get my internet fixed I'm fine with that. I need to install a new router then open my NAT on my PS3. I got my new ethernet cable already. I've got 3 weeks until I go back to my apartment and all hope is lost. My right hand is still burnt, looks like the blisters won't go away for a few more days, so I'll try to fix my internet in the meantime. I really do wish I had a good online experience, I used to play SSFIV online for a couple hours every day.

Wow, so after so much soul searching, it hits me...

Welcome back Vanilla team

Wesker on point with OTG gunshot.
Spencer on second diagonal grapple.
Taskmaster on anchor with triple shot horizontal.

Like, holy crap, why did I ever wanna change this team. It's perfect O_O

What assist would you give Morrigan if you added her to Ghost/Dante?

Is shadow blade an assist? That might be an okay GTFO move. That or the meter building one. You can just build meter while zoning with Ghost Rider.

Also, is morrigan the new in thing now? Just curious, been in and out of the loop for a while now.

Wesker + Spencer is God Mode. Slant Shot is the coolest assist in the game.
Yep. Gives you a high-low game in spots where there usually wouldn't be one. Also, command grab traps. Also push-block traps. Also, Maximum Wesker into Bionic Maneuvers is the most satisfying thing to be able to do consistently. I don't even need the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom