• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
Only he can criss cross with that move to cover numerous angles. Now of course if you are missing with a move like that TWICE then you should stop playing the character altogether.

This move of Zero always makes me super salty. It extends considerably further than it hit box (edge of the light saber) suggests:
i don't care about dormammus forward attacks. its his hit you from his back garbage that i hate. in fact i hate it on all characters. if you miss with a frontal attack then you shouldn't be rewarded by some bullshit hitbox. if i had my way i would nerf that shit from all characters.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
PS3 crew will have their own as well. I'm going to change rules here and there to make it more balanced and fair.

PAL console PAL disc, can't take it back as I brought it in the airport on my return to China. :(

That's enough to tell me why it is not working. Do not trust anything from China. Even if it looks absolutely authentic.

895Sonyfunbucks

I don't know man. Last lobby I was in Degen was fuuuucking up the PSN all-stars. Except for me, but well, duh.

He's obviously beaten me in a few games, but he ultimately lost the war. Enjoy your mediocrity, Degen. For I will always reign supreme.

NToVA.gif

Dahbomb

Haven't played Marvel in a few days... I miss it greatly already. I have end of the year exams and they will continue through the month. I will still visit the thread and answer questions if asked directly just expect a dropped overall post count in the near future.

I'm severely lacking in experience, and I intend to make it up. Played over 100 matches online today.

ggs to Sollune

Most important thing is for me to get as much knowledge as I can before I go back to my apartment and get forced offline again to play against the same few people I know.

I hold up back too much
I pushblock at the wrong times
I call assists at bad times
I forget to reverse my crouch direction sometimes after I block a cross up so I get low shot instead of 2H with wesker
I need to work on what situations to use different approaches
internet still drops block inputs randomly

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The Battle Royale in it's entirety.

http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/304464959

Matches doesn't happen for a little while, 5-6 minutes in. The beginning was a rough start but we made it work in the end. Shit happens when you try out something for the first time. Kinda hard to try track of things while doing a billion other things as well. Future events will be better. Most of the good stuff is halfway to the end.

Am looking to make this maybe into a bi-weekly thing.

Solune

I'm severely lacking in experience, and I intend to make it up. Played over 100 matches online today.

ggs to Sollune

Most important thing is for me to get as much knowledge as I can before I go back to my apartment and get forced offline again to play against the same few people I know.

I hold up back too much
I forget to reverse my crouch direction sometimes after I block a cross up so I get low shot instead of 2H with wesker

GGs, there were alot of times where you robbed by either not finishing the combo (like Wesker against Hawkeye) and random Gravity Squeezes.
Sorry if the Vergil combos weren't fancy, didn't land that new combo I've been practicing AT ALL tonight, it's hard enough as it is offline :lol. Also I almost never drop those Iron Fist combos offline, but there's always something making me mess them up online.
Overall I noticed you react to things that you knew were punishable if by chicken blocking but just need to work on the basic game plan like you said, and everyone gets hit by overheads online.

I tried that Magneto S > SJC > Gravitation , but it seems you can mash out of it. I was gonna say you can setup some things in the corner with it like unblockables, but it can also be forward teched.

Tobe

GG's to everybody, it was really fun, now we just need to get the GAF grudge matches on, maybe even run an event calendar just to keep track.

<3 fraudtic

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'm working on playing my team in different orders just to get used to it. Right now I can bang out about 1mil for 3 bars from any starter. Not great, but it's progress. I'm getting better at working poison assist into combos and relaunching off of it with Taskmaster.

I'd like to wean myself off of Sand Splash assist and get back on Rolling Buckler but OTGing with Taskmaster can be difficult with that assist.

Neki

ggs to Sollune

I hold up back too much

you also need to learn to reaction hyper on some things, assuming you think the other person won't x-factor. there was a couple of times I gimlet'd and you could have bionic arm'd through, or when I hard drive, and you can x-factor cancel to make yourself safe. :p

also, if you're playing one on one with someone, make a private player match so we can constantly rematch :p

Tobe won with my team? Yay ^_^
GGs, there were alot of times where you robbed by either not finishing the combo (like Wesker against Hawkeye) and random Gravity Squeezes.
Sorry if the Vergil combos weren't fancy, didn't land that new combo I've been practicing AT ALL tonight, it's hard enough as it is offline :lol. Also I almost never drop those Iron Fist combos offline, but there's always something making me mess them up online.
Overall I noticed you react to things that you knew were punishable if by chicken blocking but just need to work on the basic game plan like you said, and everyone gets hit by overheads online.

I tried that Magneto S > SJC > Gravitation , but it seems you can mash out of it. I was gonna say you can setup some things in the corner with it like unblockables, but it can also be forward teched.

Actually I didn't think Gravity Squeeze would kill me a couple times, especially the chip kill. That was crazy. And I really thought phoenix rage would beat it out the other time.

For my combos, I get really scared they won't work online with dropped inputs, so I try to do more basic stuff, which of course I never practice, so I wind up dropping it anyway. I'm one of those comfort type players, if it's something I practice I can do it every time, but if I don't I'll even mess up LMH into level 3. It's one of the reasons I'm grinding so hard online, it's hard to get used to the slower pace of the timing since my muscle memory is ingrained with pretty specific stuff. One I get used to it, I'll go for all my offline resets and blast loops or whatever.

Of course as far as matches go, a lot of it is just me not knowing or having experience fighting against stuff since I haven't played a lot of people in general, and my habit is to try to do the same thing a couple times in a row to see what happens in these situations rather than try to do everything to win. It's a bad habit that pisses off Satyamdas a lot when we're fighting in SFIV and all of the sudden I'm like "ooh hitboxes" and he'll be like "wtf are you doing". I get sidetracked really easily by system mechanics. -_-

you also need to learn to reaction hyper on some things, assuming you think the other person won't x-factor. there was a couple of times I gimlet'd and you could have bionic arm'd through, or when I hard drive, and you can x-factor cancel to make yourself safe. :p

also, if you're playing one on one with someone, make a private player match so we can constantly rematch :p

Ah yeah, I did player against sollune, realized that after our games.

The reaction thing is weird, I know I have those tools but I forget a lot because I played Dark Phoenix all through vanilla and I have this block against using hypers. It's probably why I always post the meterless versions of my combos. One more thing I need to work on, I lose a lot of matches with 5 bars. Man, I'm really lacking right now.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Nice to see the Battle Royale posted. Looking forward to checking it out when I get home. Congrats to Tobe!

GGs to Bizazedo yesterday!

Yesterday was one of the worst days of Marvel ever for me. I think I've been playing all these sub teams way too much, and having not played my main team in weeks really screwed with me. Missing braindead easy combos, performing actions and OTGs out of order, using the wrong supers, forgetting how many ground bounces used, missing flight cancels, mashing and execution errors, mistiming airthrows and XFCs... the works. It was a real disaster. Not trying to make excuses, because you played really well and totally exposed a lot of my tendencies, but it's frustrating because I know I'm better than how I played. I went into a lobby with some buddies and the suckitude continued. I've gotta sleep this scrubiness off.

Grifter

I'll be at Evo, but waiting around your pools frankly sucks if there's other Vegas stuff you want to do so I may gamble 'til top 8s.

shaowebb

Oh wow...I think I can link sent drones after fists of fury with maybe only a few low hits to string the two moments together in sort of a ghetto murphagator style use of the assist for combo extension.

Also the more I play the more I notice how I'm doing the whole 2 point characters thing. Ryu benefits from Iron Fist more than Iron Fist benefits from Ryu (unless I've setup Denjin tatsu).I like Ryu, but he's not my point man and I don't want to put Iron Fist anywhere but on point since I named it team "I've waited 15 years to put Iron Fist on POINT". I'll rename the team if I switch up the order but I'm thinking I may test out some different middle position characters just to see what I end up with. Maybe Hulk for Gamma Wave, or something entirely different from my normal rotation of cast that I enjoy.

EDIT: Damn. Drones aren't working the way I'd hoped. They keep falling out of stuff I try with it or falling out of the drones when they do hit. Time to grind.

Solune

Also the more I play the more I notice how I'm doing the whole 2 point characters thing. Ryu benefits from Iron Fist more than Iron Fist benefits from Ryu (unless I've setup Denjin tatsu).I like Ryu, but he's not my point man and I don't want to put Iron Fist anywhere but on point since I named it team "I've waited 15 years to put Iron Fist on POINT". I'll rename the team if I switch up the order but I'm thinking I may test out some different middle position characters just to see what I end up with. Maybe Hulk for Gamma Wave, or something entirely different from my normal rotation of cast that I enjoy.

Although I agree that Ryu benefits more from IF than vice versa, having him anchor is not bad. I play an IF team with Ryu on anchor, works pretty good so far.

Also two point characters is not uncommon (Jwong's team), any character also works with IF since crumple at any time during a combo means you can tag for a full combo 90% of the time anywhere.

What I would do is just, pick a team, and train with each character on point and see if the assists compliment each other.

Man, Hawkeye doesn't really have a ton of combo options, huh? I guess the fact that he has full screen lvl 3 xfactor combos makes up for it.

I can't get anything more unusual than 2LM6H(one hit) xx bound shot, 2M3HS, etc, relaunch, etc, Kiss of Fire, S SJC Gimlet

shaowebb

Although I agree that Ryu benefits more from IF than vice versa, having him anchor is not bad. I play an IF team with Ryu on anchor, works pretty good so far.

Also two point characters is not uncommon (Jwong's team), any character also works with IF since crumple at any time during a combo means you can tag for a full combo 90% of the time anywhere.

What I would do is just, pick a team, and train with each character on point and see if the assists compliment each other.

You have a good point about crumple meaning anyone works with Iron Fist. I saw Justin Wong trying to set up nice crumple combos for Wolverine and Akuma on his practice streaming the other night. He rolls two point characters better than me though and I'm starting to find guys snapping in Sentinel to kill his assist coverage which isn't a good sign.
I tried anchoring Ryu last game though and his mobility made it an uphill battle without assists. Of course his hadoken is MUCH better now and Denjin only makes him more workable by himself than ever so he may just work swapped with Sentinel. Still if I anchor Ryu he loses the much needed OTG options he needs from Iron Fist almost guaranteed. I'm currently getting Ryu that crescent heel option via DHC combos.

I dunno...the team works fine so long as I'm careful about Sentinel assist and dont get happy birthday'd or have him snapped in and lose him. I may keep the team as is, but I'll still shop around juuuuuuust in case I discover someone who really works well with Iron Fist and Sentinel synergy wise. Besides I love playing through the whole roster to experience the game. Now if only I could make a dedicated Skrull or MODOK team that lasts as a backup after this I'd be set.

Neki

Man, Hawkeye doesn't really have a ton of combo options, huh? I guess the fact that he has full screen lvl 3 xfactor combos makes up for it.

I can't get anything more unusual than 2LM6H(one hit) xx bound shot, 2M3HS, etc, relaunch, etc, Kiss of Fire, S SJC Gimlet

yeah, hawkeye has limited combo options, the only other options I've seen with him are when he uses multiple meters to get an extra 100k or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom