• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Okay so this is the order by way of my ghetto random generator program.

U7JO0.png

Snowman vs Frantic starts it up.
Biz is 3rd.
Zlatko is 4th.
Chav comes 5th.
And Smurf is last.

I give Snowman like 10 minutes before I give his spot up to Tobe.

DasRaven

Heralds won week 1.
Heroes won week 2.
Heralds are winning week 3.

Lesson? The losers swap to whoever lost last week. Swap against them!

I think it has something to do with the fact that SRK's forums are switching en-masse each week. They don't necessarily control the overall tide of the teams each week, but you have to think that if people "hardcore" enough to theorize and study on SRK are heralds, the heralds have an advantage over the heroes that particular week.

So far, this theory holds since SRK chose to be heralds week1 and swap each week.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Apparently I don't have a goddamn clue how to fight Sentinel. ggs Ultimoo.

I've never used Hawkeye in a fight until now, lol God I don't even know one combo with him, and I keep forgetting how to slide -_-.

I miss AA gunshot on Sentinel and using Phoenix against him :-( Normal phoenix vs Sentinel was my favorite match in vanilla. Anyway, I have a lot to work on, I'm so bad at fighting zoning teams.

Your Hawkeye sounds just as good as mine.

when you had me in the wesker/magneto vortex, it was tough to get out. same with the spencer/hawkeye lockdown. you have to super jump a lot against a zoning team. :p

Yeah, it wasn't until towards the end I was starting to let go of my bullheadedness and start normal/super jumping and wavedashing instead of just trying to plow through everything with teleports and getting myself killed. I'm also not very comfortable with the timing of online yet, so I mess up a lot of hit confirms or go for launcher instead of cobra strike because I'm afraid it won't come out. Anyway, solid experience, we should play again sometime.

I'm sitting in training mode right now because I was exposed pretty hard with my Hawkeye. I copied your BnB, got a 2 hyper bnb Akuma-style and one fullscreen zoning combo I stole from Chris G. The only time I ever used him before was to kill someone's anchor by DHCing from Phantom Dance into his level 3 lol

WHICH LOOKS SO COOL, it's like "there's no way there's that much time... wait for it... BOOM"

LakeEarth

K, someone just beat me where the last hit was a comboed hard tag in after a wall bounce. The guy was annoying, but that was pretty sweet.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Anyone going to listen to the Evo games line up announcement? I want to know what games will be there, but I just can't subject myself to Keits and Skisonic.

zlatko

Banned
Doing shittier than I had hoped. :( Unlucky happy bday, and then dropped my Wesker combo so that Spencer could destroy me. nooo :(

I'm basically fraaay if I don't have my team order lol. If Nova isn't on point, i just can't get my momentum going.

Dahbomb

Road to EVO 2012 tournament season

Apex Tournament Series, New Brunswick, New Jersey Jan 6-8
Winter Brawl, Philadelphia, PA Feb 18-19
OzHadou Nationals X, Sydney, Australia Feb 17-19
Final Round, Atlanta, GA March 2-4
South East Asia Major, Bugis Arcade, Singapore Mar 17-18
NorCal Regionals 10, March 24-25
Texas Showdown, Houston, Texas April 6-8
PowerUp 2012, Cincinnati, Ohio April 13-15
Team Mad Catz Championships, San Diego, CA April 13-15
Toryuken, Toronto Ontario, Canada May 4th-6th
Season’s Beatings: Summer Slam, Columbus, OH May 5th
Northwest Majors, Seattle, WA May 26th
Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 8, Chicago, IL May 25.27
Montreal Annual Tournament, Montreal, Canada June 3-4
East Coast Throwdown, Morristown, NJ June 9-10
CEO 2012, Orlando, FL June 15-17
Midwest Championships 2012, Nashville, TN June 22-24

Stole from the other thread. These are the majors to look out for UMVC3.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Enzo and others who have been hoping for the UMvC3 character art in hi-res, capcom has finally delivered the goods!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/mikeeb1..._marvel_vs._capcom_3_-_high-res_character_art

Beautiful png files and no character wheel behind them!
can i have your children

Also thanks for the big rar file of extracted data that you posted way back!

Is big two / WNF happening this we-- OH GOD ITS ONLY TUESDAY NEVERMIND
WHY ARE YOU NOT WATCHING THE BREAK?!

School started again so I can't anymore ;(

smurfx

get some go again
god damn dormammu. have they released the hit box on this bastard? he has to be the most broken character when it comes to hitbox. he can miss you by a mile and still hit you.

Dahbomb

Zero player complaining about some other character's hit boxes?

That's like Hawkeye players complaining about She Hulk's slide.

smurfx

get some go again
Zero player complaining about some other character's hit boxes?

That's like Hawkeye players complaining about She Hulk's slide.
zero can't hit you if he completely misses by a damn mile. you know what to expect when it comes to his hitbox.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Final Round, Atlanta, GA March 2-4
CEO 2012, Orlando, FL June 15-17
Midwest Championships 2012, Nashville, TN June 22-24
This is what I'm going to try and make it out to.

Kind of surprised that there are several events on that list that occur on the same days.

Have there been any reported problems with the PAL version of this game? I brought it yesterday and it crashes after the character select screen, even on the rolling demo when it tries to load a stage the console crashes. Checked the disc and no marks as it's brand new.

Any suggestions?

Dahbomb

zero can't hit you if he completely misses by a damn mile. you know what to expect when it comes to his hitbox.
raikousenm12.jpg

raikousenh10.jpg

Only he can criss cross with that move to cover numerous angles. Now of course if you are missing with a move like that TWICE then you should stop playing the character altogether.

This move of Zero always makes me super salty. It extends considerably further than it hit box (edge of the light saber) suggests:

crouchingmedium.jpg

Burning Water

Neo Member
Have there been any reported problems with the PAL version of this game? I brought it yesterday and it crashes after the character select screen, even on the rolling demo when it tries to load a stage the console crashes. Checked the disc and no marks as it's brand new.

Any suggestions?

If you still have the receipt, take it back to where you got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom