• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burning Water

Neo Member
You have a good point about crumple meaning anyone works with Iron Fist. I saw Justin Wong trying to set up nice crumple combos for Wolverine and Akuma on his practice streaming the other night. He rolls two point characters better than me though and I'm starting to find guys snapping in Sentinel to kill his assist coverage which isn't a good sign.
I tried anchoring Ryu last game though and his mobility made it an uphill battle without assists. Of course his hadoken is MUCH better now and Denjin only makes him more workable by himself than ever so he may just work swapped with Sentinel. Still if I anchor Ryu he loses the much needed OTG options he needs from Iron Fist almost guaranteed. I'm currently getting Ryu that crescent heel option via DHC combos.

I dunno...the team works fine so long as I'm careful about Sentinel assist and dont get happy birthday'd or have him snapped in and lose him. I may keep the team as is, but I'll still shop around juuuuuuust in case I discover someone who really works well with Iron Fist and Sentinel synergy wise. Besides I love playing through the whole roster to experience the game. Now if only I could make a dedicated Skrull or MODOK team that lasts as a backup after this I'd be set.

Not sure/don't remember if it was suggested, but have you tried Spencer?

Neki

spencer is more of a combo-extender/mix up option on incoming characters than a real assist though. works well with iron-fist and ryu mid combo, but won't really help opening people up.

shaowebb

spencer is more of a combo-extender/mix up option on incoming characters than a real assist though. works well with iron-fist and ryu mid combo, but won't really help opening people up.

Or on getting characters inside. I use Spencer and love him and with him I could actually do Murphagator stuff with his slant shot and drones, but I'm trying to get better synergy than this because it'd be really nice to have both my 2nd and anchor guys capable of helping Iron Fist stay inside on people. Sent snap ins really hurt my team and one happy birthday on Sent and I'm really in trouble. I used to use Sent/Ryu/Spencer by the end of Vanilla and it gave me nice mixups, but boy was it hard to get people to open up if they didn't fall for the high lows created by slant shot. A good lock down beam would be best I suppose.

I'll mess around and see what comes up. At least the team as is functions pretty well. I'm just seeing if I can't make it so its not dependant on keeping my anchor safe to keep giving the other two heigtened mobility.

Neki

Or on getting characters inside. I use Spencer and love him and with him I could actually do Murphagator stuff with his slant shot and drones, but I'm trying to get better synergy than this because it'd be really nice to have both my 2nd and anchor guys capable of helping Iron Fist stay inside on people. Sent snap ins really hurt my team and one happy birthday on Sent and I'm really in trouble. I used to use Sent/Ryu/Spencer by the end of Vanilla and it gave me nice mixups, but boy was it hard to get people to open up if they didn't fall for the high lows created by slant shot. A good lock down beam would be best I suppose.

I'll mess around and see what comes up. At least the team as is functions pretty well. I'm just seeing if I can't make it so its not dependant on keeping my anchor safe to keep giving the other two heigtened mobility.

honestly snapping in Sent isn't a big deal. Either just double jump backwards on the way in, or hard drive. :p

zlatko

Banned
yeah, hawkeye has limited combo options, the only other options I've seen with him are when he uses multiple meters to get an extra 100k or so.

Yup. Hawkeye would be brokentier if he also got tons of meter or did tons of damage. As he stands I still think he's top 5, because he can go toe to toe with almost anyone in the cast, and doesn't have to change his strategy really. You just whittle them down, and it's pretty damn easy.

Plus, that slide <3.

shaowebb

Holy shit someone link this to Justin Wong.

Iplaywinner just had a facebook post stating that PSN is having a sale on MVC3 characters and costumes. Those transfer over to ultimate and he still doesn't have Jill or Shuma. Anyone who hasn't hit these things yet on PSN GAF go for it. Also MVC2 on sale. :)
SALE THROUGH JAN 10th
MVC2=$7.49
MVC3 Characters=$1.99ea
MVC3 Costume pack= $2.99ea

Holy shit someone link this to Justin Wong.

Iplaywinner just had a facebook post stating that PSN is having a sale on MVC3 characters and costumes. Those transfer over to ultimate and he still doesn't have Jill or Shuma. Anyone who hasn't hit these things yet on PSN GAF go for it. Also MVC2 on sale. :)
SALE THROUGH JAN 10th
MVC2=$7.49
MVC3 Characters=$1.99ea
MVC3 Costume pack= $2.99ea

Man... Why did I have to read this page.

JeTmAn81

I've always wanted to get MVC2, but I know I'll never have time to play it. I will be getting Jill, though (already got Shuma through that free $6 credit thing).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I am back from vacation, so I am going to play as usually. If people want to challenge me, so let me know. Reminder, I am very rusty and I am thinking about setting up scrub room tonight for my warming up sessions. :)

Grifter

Did you go last year? They shortened the wait time a ton. It's only a couple hours a day because the pools were so small.

Skipped last year. The year before, the pools took a few hours, but again they didn't have a speaker or text system so you just had to hang by your pool. I was in 3 games then so this compounded my annoyance.

zlatko

Banned
Jill worth $2? They nerfed her from what I hear.

I bought her thinking I could use her as my anchor instead of Wesker, but she's a fairly high execution character, and to be honest her hypers are ass no matter how you cut it.

Worth 2 bucks? Eh, yeah sure. It wasn't worth w/e I paid for her though on Xbox Live a few weeks ago.

Frantic

Jill is really, really good. Just really, really hard to play properly. Personally, I think Jill is the hardest character to play in the game. I would honestly really like to play her because she's damn fun and damn good, but I just don't have the execution and know how to play her. Maybe one day.

Also, her hypers aren't that bad. Mad Beast has a lot of crazy stuff in it that's just crazy hard to control, her Machine Gun Hyper has a lot of invincibility and can set up good THCs and DHCs, and her cinematic super does decent damage.

JeTmAn81

Will the original MVC3 costume pack(s) be coming with the full value pack scheduled to be released in March? Will that be pretty much every costume available?

shaowebb

Maybe costume packs on the cheap. How many are there?

I think the iplaywinner link only said the MVC3 stuff is on sale (which transfers to ultimate) That'd mean the pack with Ryu/Dante/Iron Man/Captain America/Chris would be the only pack for sale costume-wise. I'm 360 so I cant check to see if they tossed in the UMVC3 content for the sale too since it sounds like vanilla and MVC2 only.
Seriously though $2 cast is pretty slick for PSN-gaf. There worth having. Shuma assist is awesome and just ask Q how much fun he is to troll with. For Jill stuff look up max's assist me season one and some combos online. She's pretty good.

MoxManiac

Anyone know if the psn dlc characters transfer over to vita? i dont have the ps3 version of umvc3 but i might buy those if i can use them with the upcoming vita version.

Dahbomb

I bought her thinking I could use her as my anchor instead of Wesker, but she's a fairly high execution character, and to be honest her hypers are ass no matter how you cut it.

Worth 2 bucks? Eh, yeah sure. It wasn't worth w/e I paid for her though on Xbox Live a few weeks ago.
Her Machine Gun spray is one of the best hypers in the game. It can convert into 2 characters dead if you read it right into XF. It's invulnerably on start up as well so it goes through a lot of stuff.

Jill is a legit high tier rushdown character in the game. Decent mobility, solid damage, unreactable mix ups up close. She lacks significant derp factor and easy mode to be a popular pick. Also no great assists but does have a great cross over counter.

Godlike Wesker/Vergil tech i developed
Go ahead and post it... it's been known brah. :)

We got BOLO! -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhFkIWQZK4U&feature=youtu.be

Frantic

That's a pretty stylish combo video. Deadpool's Bolo Combos are hilarious looking.

But, y'know... Deadpool can do a lot of damage in Ultimate now with his mashable super. I can almost get 800k damage solo with him in a relatively easy combo that doesn't even need teleport cancels(but it does make it easier and slightly more damaging). Haven't experimented with assists yet, but I expect he can get even more than that with proper assists.

JeTmAn81

God, I played so terribly that set. Dropping the easiest of stuff. Frustrating to have it happen realtime, and frustrating to watch in a replay.

Re: the choke against Sentinel at the end. I know that feel, bro. For some reason I tend to just freeze up around that big metal galoot.

Frantic

Re: the choke against Sentinel at the end. I know that feel, bro. For some reason I tend to just freeze up around that big metal galoot.
Eh... I usually do well against Sent, but not that day. The worst part is I tried to cancel into Bionic Lancer after the whiffed grapple, but it refused to come out and it cost me the game. I've actually had that happen to me a lot. Sometimes I get Bionic Lancer and punish someone trying to push buttons, sometimes I don't and get killed. :/

Tobe

Eh... I usually do well against Sent, but not that day. The worst part is I tried to cancel into Bionic Lancer after the whiffed grapple, but it refused to come out and it cost me the game. I've actually had that happen to me a lot. Sometimes I get Bionic Lancer and punish someone trying to push buttons, sometimes I don't and get killed. :/

wanna play some practice sets?

Frantic

wanna play some practice sets?
Nah, I need to take a break from this game for a few days. My play hasn't been very good the past week. Need some time off and come back to it fresher.

Also don't need more salt. I've already overdosed on it. :X

smurfx

get some go again
lol i definitely know that feel with haggar. soooo many times i try and do the punching hyper and get stomach splash instead. which usually results in a dead haggar. or sometimes i get the reverse at the end of a combo and it usually results in a dead haggar. -_-

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'd say this game requires more awareness than any other fighter. It's the easiest to play on a basic level but once you factor in two other characters and assists, the amount of variables is nearly impossible to keep track of. You definitely need some kind of tutorial or guide to make the most of the game.

Tobe

I'd say this game requires more awareness than any other fighter. It's the easiest to play on a basic level but once you factor in two other characters and assists, the amount of variables is nearly impossible to keep track of. You definitely need some kind of tutorial or guide to make the most of the game.

presence of mind is one of most important factors in the game, also one of the main reason justin is really good at this game, he keeps track of all things always playing cautiously

That's enough grinding for today.

O0Gn6.jpg

ZiltF.jpg

ggs God's Beard, Degen, Razor, and Dunpeal.

Razor, you got a nice team and really good.
Degen, armor always make me salty as well.
GB, you got a good thing going, probably if it was offline you would definitely do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom