• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Daaaamn. I accept. Both my router and internet provider have been butt recently, so if I leave it's not on purpose and I'll be back in eventually.

Degen

You don't have to consider it "avenging" me when you embarrass Beef, FullFlej. I'm the villain. But I'll enjoy this very, very much

Win or lose, we need to do some mirrors.

smurfx

get some go again
ugh i don't know what the hell has been going on lately. i've been getting blown up thanks to attempting to push block. i don't remember this shit happening before the update. not like push blocking is fucking hard to do either.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Beef, though there was no real heat between us, I feel the need to use this new power to it's fullest potential. I'm giving you the shittiest avatar I can think to make up. May EviLore have mercy on your soul.

iPTx3.jpg[IMG]

Beef loses so he has to wear an avatar of Panda's choosing for a month. Ends Feb, 7th.
I'd be having some serious fun with this type of stuff and Smurf(oh the avatar battles would be glorious). I'm more enticed by these shenanigans than I am by the game.

wtf is wrong with me

smurfx

get some go again
I'd be having some serious fun with this type of stuff and Smurf(oh the avatar battles would be glorious). I'm more enticed by these shenanigans than I am by the game.

wtf is wrong with me
avatar bets is the one thing i don't do. once i choose an avatar that is it.

Lucario

Who's our best mahvelGaf Player at the moment?

Find the polar opposite of me and you have him.

My online record is like..... 2-22. ._.

How the hell does the ranking system in this game even work??? I keep getting matched against people who have a 50%+ K/D and 100 matches under their belt. That should NOT happen.

Neki

I haven't watched the Iron Man vid yet, but I can't help but think there's going to be a lot of shattered optimism after people watch that vid and start jumping on the bandwagon.

You have to go into Fly after the first two.

I was going into Fly Mode, but some reason, it's way easier to do dash + j.H using double tap on the d-pad than the dash button, I don't know why.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
How the hell does the ranking system in this game even work??? I keep getting matched against people who have a 50%+ K/D and 100 matches under their belt. That should NOT happen.
Players are split into a few broad ranges when it comes to rank. If you're a 9th Lord, you could be paired with someone as low as Beginner or as high as 7th or 6th. If matchmaking was set so that you could only be paired with people at the exact same class as you, you'd probably never find a match most of the time.

Frantic

GGs, Tobe. Came down to the wire there. And yeah, Strider is top 5 in this game. Kind of underrated just because of his low damage. With his resets/mixups, he doesn't need high damage. His health is also entirely justified, lol.

smurfx

get some go again
lol just had such a great feeling win over this one guy who kept on spamming dr dooms finger lasers in the air and just kept on calling sentinel assist. taskmaster can't really get to him so i'm pretty much fucked and he beat me a few times. well next match i used vajra and knocked his ass out of the air a few times and you could tell this guy started panicking because his game play went to shit after. thank you vajra for being one of the only things that can knock those floating assholes out of the air.

smurfx

get some go again
Man everybody needs to stop talking about tiers. Ten different characters every week are top 5.

wesker
spencer
zero

i feel like those are definitely in the top 5 and will probably stay there unless they get nerfed. i got my personal top 5 but i'll just stay quiet for now.

smurfx

get some go again
I don't have a tier list, nor do I really talk about tiers. I just have a top five. :p

But seriously, Strider is godlike. That's all I was really trying to say, lol.
strider and captain america are two characters i really want to learn. strider for beating trish and doom zoning and captain america just for fun. captain america is a pretty good zoner and annoying as fuck. plus i really like his charging star assist. goes really well with taskmaster.

I'm surprised there aren't more Wesker/Zero players. Wesker is really good at pushing you into the corner with easy combos, and phantom dance is a soft knockdown for a free DHC into lighting loop. If they're both so good, why not just stick Doom or whatever on back and go to town?

Oh yeah Smurf I have a Wesker team with Charging Star assist. That thing is awesome.

smurfx

get some go again
i'm surprised there aren't many more dormammu users. give him an assist like magnetos disrupter to cover his teleports and good luck blocking that shit. that plus his new speed boost and crazy hit box makes his rush down really good.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Seriously.. I shake my head whenever MahvelGAF gets into _____ is the top # _____ kind of character alone.
It's pretty dumb, but still not ever remotely as bad as the pseudo-intellectual circle-jerk that is SRK's balance/tier thread. Those guys live in their own little world.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Viper and Zero are top 5 though. >.>

Wesker on point is pretty fun. Not quite sure what to do against Nova starting out though.

Managed to get a x-factor hyper grav infinite off mid match. So dope.

Dahbomb

Viper, Zero and Wesker are a lock for top 5. The other 2 are highly debatable. My vote will always go for Dante in top 5. This has been my top 5 (with the 5th one changing) since day 1 of the game. About 10-12 characters I can see people make an argument for in that spot.

I'm surprised there aren't more __________ players. _________ is really good at _______, and _______ is a ________.
I am surprised there aren't more Iron Man players. Iron Man is really good at playing aerial footsies and Iron Man is a playable character.

Am I doing this right?

It's pretty dumb, but still not ever remotely as bad as the pseudo-intellectual circle-jerk that is SRK's balance/tier thread. Those guys live in their own little world.
Don't read thread if you don't like tier discussion?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm surprised there aren't more IRON MAN players. IRON MAN is really good at BOTTOM TIER, and SMART BOMBS is a WASTE OF AN ASSIST SLOT GODDAMNIT IRON MAN YOUR ASSISTS ARE THE ONLY MOVES YOU HAVE.
Amen.

There are some good folk on SRK from the times I lurk there, but really the wide majority of the people there have this definition of balance that mends itself to whatever character they feel needs to be #1, and the margin by which they need to be #1 must be substantial. It pains me so much to read I can barely make it through a page.

Oh and.. guess we're finally going to Community :( THE JIG IS UP!

EDIT: Damnit Dahbomb beat me to it.. also acceptable though.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yea, what are Wesker's best options vs Nova backed by Hidden Missiles? I would do pretty well if I tagged him with tatsu assist or a stray estaka. If not, then it felt like Nova was more in control of the pace of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom