• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm all about that Global Saturation and have been since RE1. That said, I can't stand having to play him on anchor. As weird as that may sound.

It doesn't sound weird. Wesker should never have been an anchor character, and I don't think that was the intent behind his design.

SmokeMaxX

I never got the hype surrounding the Tatsu assist on Akuma. Mostly because I think I really suck at calling it.

Very versatile. Can be used for lockdown, rushdown, zoning, combo extension, combos starting, etc. Plows through projectiles, has a ton of priority. What's not to like about it?

Oh trust, I already do. That's why I was asking GB for advice.

Albert / Akuma / Mags

Global Saturation powered by Tatsu and movement thanks to Estakas.

I think you should swap Akuma and Mags. Magneto gets a little more mileage out of the Tatsu assist than Akuma gets from EMD. Both are solid anchors, though.

What were you asking about again? I can't find the question. Something about setting up the jump loop?

combo3xia6w.gif

I've jumped on the Magneto train. Can't do anything to save my life, but I'll get there. Spent the whole night practicing Hyper Grav Loops. Such swag.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
How good is Akuma as an anchor though? He has tatsu and that overhead that's really obvious without an assist and...?

I can't do hypergrav loops to save my life. I get about one rep, then just relaunch so I don't drop anything. lol.

Neki

I'm surprised that more people don't run that unblockable Vergil + Nova setup, it's a basically a better version of the round harvest set-up with C.Viper. And that Captain America is running Charging Star with a beam assist to make it safe, who was talking about that before? Run Charging Star, and an assist to make it safe.

How good is Akuma as an anchor though? He has tatsu and that overhead that's really obvious without an assist and...?

I can't do hypergrav loops to save my life. I get about one rep, then just relaunch so I don't drop anything. lol.

Akuma has been a decent anchor for some time, but I think he's really good now. The fact that he can demon flip in the air means he can hit-confirm over any hit into the air, meaning he has a pseudo jump loop against incoming characters. He also doesn't let you call assists because he'll punish them, so you either need to stop calling assists or make really safe block strings to cover them.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why are people acting confused? Sp00ky is legitimately terrible at Marvel.

In what world? He's solid, always has been. He's knowledgeable about the game cause he plays it and runs sets with Josh often.

He's not Wong, but he's in no way, shape or form terribad unless you indeed believe everyone under Wong tier is sub par.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It's dickish to diss one of the people investing so much into the community for not being able to compete at a top tier level only a very select few people ever reach. Sp00ky's solid but not worldclass sure. You're insulting someone who's probably in the better 10% range of all people playing this game for not being in the better 2% range.

It's also the sort of elitist attitude that scares away new players, because if that guy is considered "a level beyond terrible", what does that say about my level of play? Should I just give up because I'm not Justin Wong? I find it much more constructive to try and elevate people rather than tear them down like what's Max trying to do with his community segments. Show someone where a match went out of their favor, what they could have done and give them general advice on how they can improve...

Attitudes like "okay you suck and should just stop playing" irk me to no end and I'm not saying that's exactly what you're doing but it does edge towards it.

Solune

It's dickish to diss one of the people investing so much into the community for not being able to compete at a top tier level only a very select few people ever reach. Sp00ky's solid but not worldclass sure. You're insulting someone who's probably in the better 10% range of all people playing this game for not being in the better 2% range.

It's also the sort of elitist attitude that scares away new players, because if that guy is considered "a level beyond terrible", what does that say about my level of play? Should I just give up because I'm not Justin Wong? I find it much more constructive to try and elevate people rather than tear them down like what's Max trying to do with his community segments. Show someone where a match went out of their favor, what they could have done and give them general advice on how they can improve...

Attitudes like "okay you suck and should just stop playing" irk me to no end and I'm not saying that's exactly what you're doing but it does edge towards it.

It's Kimosabae, read his tag and in general, ignore his posts unless he has something insightful to share.

He lands before Demon Flip Fireball. That's when you do low/overhead without an assist. He's one of the few characters that can kill solo in one combo without x-factor, and the combos work in many more situations than Magneto's. He doesn't have to worry about projectiles and he can place his own that have giant hitboxes while avoiding attacks. He has a good wavedash and an extremely quick punish ultra. He has all the tools of a solid anchor.

Tatsu assist means that Magneto can tridash 3 times and if any hit, they all combo together for a free hitconfirm, as well as a great extra way in on a lot of characters. EMD assist means that Akuma gets really ghetto crossups that are hard to set up or confirm off of, and a beam assist that doesn't beat a ton of things that Akuma can't already deal with. It's pretty clear which order has more utility.

koryuken

I find his lack of Hawkeye over Dorm or Wolvy disturbing. ;)

The list is basically who can stage a comeback solo against an entire team. Hawkeye in XF3 is not that large of a threat imho. All he can do is chip if you just jump away and block... you cannot kill more than 1 character with that... all other characters on Wong's list can kill two characters no XF or an entire team in XF3.

koryuken

Whereas all I know is I've seen, heard or read a lot of these Vergil players saying they want to drop him due to team structure reasons or effectiveness reasons. That, or at least relegate Vergil to a B team. Regardless, there are a lot of people dropping Vergil.

In my experience, if you are playing Vergil and not using Summoned Swords or Devil trigger frequently, you are doing it wrong. IMHO his reset game (not throw reset) and 1mil dmg combos with summoned swords are where its at...

Degen

Word to everyone who goes against Team Armor offline:

Complaining about hitboxes and damage while using Doom, Wesker, Vergil, Dante and Wolverine will bring out more laughs than sympathy

smurfx

get some go again
Word to everyone who goes against Team Armor offline:

Complaining about hitboxes and damage while using Doom, Wesker, Vergil, Dante and Wolverine will bring out more laughs than sympathy
going up against good hulks is annoying but he does have a lot of weaknesses so i can't complain. all of the armored characters can be punished very easily so you just have to sit back and look at how you fucked up if you lose to them.

Hawkeye can kill off an entire team in XF. Via his throw range which nets him a combo to dead character. Not to mention Gimlet XF Gimlet which during the first Gimlet flash makes both Gimlets XFed.

Even then no Strider in there still makes me go huh? Strider has got to be one of the best anchors due to his self mix up potential.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Next Battle Royale will be point based so that way things will be even more interesting.

4-6 player Lobby.
Point character remains the same, two other characters must be different between matches for winners.
Points will be a factor. Winning with all 3 characters alive nets you 4 points. 2 characters alive nets you 2 points and one character alive nets you 1 point.
Player with highest points total wins.
2 hour time frame.

I'll take registration for PS3 now. Don't know when it will happen. Maybe tomorrow.

Tobe

Next Battle Royale will be point based so that way things will be even more interesting.

4-6 player Lobby.
Point character remains the same, two other characters must be different between matches for winners.
Points will be a factor. Winning with all 3 characters alive nets you 4 points. 2 characters alive nets you 2 points and one character alive nets you 1 point.
2 hour time frame.

I'll take registration for PS3 now. Don't know when it will happen. Maybe tomorrow.

dis gonna be good, hope i can handle the stream tho.

Frantic

4-6 player Lobby.
2 hour time frame.

Will there be pre-battle blowups like last time? :p

4-6 player Lobby.
2 hour time frame.

I'll join this one.

4-6 player Lobby.
2 hour time frame.

I'll sign up.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Blah I'd love to be part of the lobby but my router is going out like every half hour now. I will stream monster though... until I have to reset my router of course.

Solune

4-6 player Lobby.
2 hour time frame.

I want in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom