• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh wait the point character stays and the assists do not? That's crazy. Can't wait to see people eventually play characters they don't use.

Next Battle Royale will be point based so that way things will be even more interesting.

4-6 player Lobby.
Point character remains the same, two other characters must be different between matches for winners.
Points will be a factor. Winning with all 3 characters alive nets you 4 points. 2 characters alive nets you 2 points and one character alive nets you 1 point.
Player with highest points total wins.
2 hour time frame.

I'll take registration for PS3 now. Don't know when it will happen. Maybe tomorrow.

I'll join if there is room. If not I, Seph will.

Quotes from my little sister on UMVC3:

On Wesker: "He looks stupid"
On Tron: "OOH who's the little guy he's cute!"
On Nemesis' level 3: *starts crying*
On Akuma: "He's from Hawaii!"
On Felicia: "Oh I always wanted to be a cat person! WHAT IS SHE WEARING"

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Couldn't you just do an armor move into Gamma Crush then?

Yep that kills. Got it working with st.M but easier with st. H since Strider seems to land behind Hulk.

It also depends where the opponents point character is. If the point character is too far away, Hulk will just aim for him on the way down and Strider will only get hit 3 or so times from the Gamma Crush.

I wish I was this guy:

1217146996.png

smurfx

get some go again
lol i'm now 3-0 vs live oratory. had a really fun set with quotes. the final score was 15-14 and it came down to the final characters and time. i actually started out 0-5 but we kept going and then i kept on winning.

Grecco

Justin posted his Top 5. Zero, Wesker, Dormammu, Spencer and Wolverine.

Dormammu and Wolverine are interesting picks for top 5. Dont really agree with Wolverine but i kinda think Dorm is slept on somewhat. Also interesting that he didnt mention Dante or Viper.

dJ housen also posted his top picks yesterday. I thought his choices were iinteresting.

Also i need to remember this thread is in community now.

smurfx

get some go again
Dormammu and Wolverine are interesting picks for top 5. Dont really agree with Wolverine but i kinda think Dorm is slept on somewhat. Also interesting that he didnt mention Dante or Viper.

dJ housen also posted his top picks yesterday. I thought his choices were iinteresting.

Also i need to remember this thread is in community now.
was this all posted in one thread? can you link to it?

Grecco

Its from his twitter

DJHuoshen Chris Miller
Top 5 Solo Characters (Chars who do really well in all situations by themselves, no order) - Dormammu, Hawkeye, Dr Doom, Magneto, Zero

DJHuoshen Chris Miller
Top 5 Team Characters (Chars who in teams are hard to stop, no order) - Wolverine, Zero, Wesker, Felicia, Hawkeye

DJHuoshen Chris Miller
I feel some chars excel with full teams more than others. In any case, like any top 5 list, they're all pointless for the most part. TO BED

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The east coast destroys the west in terms of states with the fastest internet speed. I think only California made it on the list of top ten.

Anyway, Hawaii is like 47 out of 53.

The Battle Royale PSN will be on Thursday since Big Two is tomorrow. PM to get in.

MastaCJ wins a major now everyone thinks Dorm is top 5?

Hmph.

Even with MastaCJ's tactics, I don't think Dorm is top. Demon Hyo pretty much exposed that strategy. Too bad he dropped too much combos though.

The east coast destroys the west in terms of states with the fastest internet speed. I think only California made it on the list of top ten.

Once a upon a time, I had 90 mbps downspeed for a while before it was corrected. :/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Disabled Gamer Astaroth takes UMvC3 Nashville tourney.

Inspiring, all of these kinds of videos are. There is some smack talk in the background, but it's not as bad as the comments lead you to believe. I never thought they were actually *making fun* of him the entire time.

Even with MastaCJ's tactics, I don't think Dorm is top. Demon Hyo pretty much exposed that strategy. Too bad he dropped too much combos though.
MastaCJ needs to get into the groove with Dorm. I really think it's a psychological thing, he just pressures you with very little openings until you crack. And then you lose it all and your back fighting the same thing.

Razor210

MastaCJ wins a major now everyone thinks Dorm is top 5?

Hmph.

This exactly.

The reason MastaCJ does so well is because he's extremely good at forcing you into a position where he can call beam assist safely and put you in a ridiculous mixup in which airthrows and getting hit lead to full combos. Dormammu wouldn't be as scary on point if he didn't have a fast projectile assist. It just takes pushblocking Dorm once and you're eating a 50/50. Which is why rushdown based characters do really well against his team because Dormammu doesn't have the normals to really fight with them up close.

Quotes from my little sister on UMVC3:

On Wesker: "He looks stupid"
On Tron: "OOH who's the little guy he's cute!"
On Nemesis' level 3: *starts crying*
On Akuma: "He's from Hawaii!"
On Felicia: "Oh I always wanted to be a cat person! WHAT IS SHE WEARING"
Amazing

The Battle Royale PSN will be on Thursday since Big Two is tomorrow. PM to get in.
I've always been under the impression that Blue states usually do best when it comes to internet speeds.

I expect Texas to be an exception though.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
The scary thing about CJ's team is that he's not even using some of Dorm's more ridiculous things, like his "fair" spells. It kills me a bit that he doesn't use some of Dorm's other techniques. I can't hate on him though. What he's doing works and that's all that matters.

His team is still pretty damn great with the order mixed up too. If you snap in Mags, you've got Dorm sitting in the back with XFC3. Fail the mix-up and Maggie is on point with Wesker.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The scary thing about CJ's team is that he's not even using some of Dorm's more ridiculous things, like his "fair" spells. It kills me a bit that he doesn't use some of Dorm's other techniques. I can't hate on him though. What he's doing works and that's all that matters.

His team is still pretty damn great with the order mixed up too. If you snap in Mags, you've got Dorm sitting in the back with XFC3. Fail the mix-up and Maggie is on point with Wesker.
Yeah Filipino Champ hates on CJ so hard for not playing Dorm the way he does, or how he feels Dorm is "intended" to be played, but I don't know how you can hate when CJ's Dorm is like the most hype thing ever. They both work and can coexist. Champ's Dorm is probably better overall though, CJ was gonna drop him cause he's slow, but he's adapted to compliment his incredibly aggressive playstyle. The Dark Matter cancelling (that's the spear he shoots across the screen, right?) buff complimented CJ's playstyle so much more than it did Champ's.

Fuck it I'm gonna go watch the Break video one more time.

SHUT UP!!!!
SHUT UP!!!!

Kimosabae

Banned
Sp00ky's not some sacred cow and he's definitely not within the "10%" range of people good at this game. I'm not dissing Sp00ky, generally, but I think he's bad at Marvel and I've heard him express as much about himself. I have nothing but the highest regard for Sp00ky - except for when it comes to playing UMVC3.

Seriously, if you're somehow offended by this innocuous opinion you need to get off his dick. Sp00ky's not above being called bad at Marvel in any regard and it was supposed to be in jest anyways.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sp00ky's not some sacred cow and he's definitely not within the "10%" range of people good at this game. I'm not dissing Sp00ky, generally, but I think he's bad at Marvel and I've heard him express as much about himself. I have nothing but the highest regard for Sp00ky - except for when it comes to playing UMVC3.

Seriously, if you're somehow offended by this innocuous opinion you need to get off his dick. Sp00ky's not above being called bad at Marvel in any regard and it was supposed to be in jest anyways.
Wait... was it in jest now or not?

Your definition of bad is just completely out of touch with reality, that's all.

I think Kimo is the one person on GAF I actually have a 100% disagree rate with :lol

Kimosabae

Banned
Wait... was it in jest now or not?

Your definition of bad is just completely out of touch with reality, that's all.

I think Kimo is the one person on GAF I actually have a 100% disagree rate with :lol

Maybe your definition of Not-Bad/Good is out of touch with "reality"?

It's okay, I've never bobble-headed to one of your posts either.

*edit*

Yes, I'm quite serious about him being bad, but I meant no offense by it. I didn't think people would be that sensitive about it - but this is GAF.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Maybe your definition of Not-Bad/Good is out of touch with "reality"?

It's okay, I've never bobble-headed to one of your posts either.

Sp00ky can go toe to toe with NerdJosh. NerdJosh, all jokes aside, still got a couple games in against Chris G and is still a very talented player I wouldn't call bad in any sense. How does this make Sp00ky's play bad again? We can't even say he lacks matchup experience because there's not much evidence for a conjecture on that either way. Dude knows his combos, mix ups, and his own team fairly well. He's competent.

Grecco

DJ and Justin didnt pick Dorm because Masta CJ won, they picked Dorm because they really think highly of Dorm.

DJ posted that on twitter before Masta CJ won, and Justin has tweeted that hes been using Dorm in training/casual stuff.

God damn, I nearly had a panic attack just now. I got DC'd again, and while trying to get back into the Online menu, I got disconnected and the game froze at the same time as the game was saving. I had to hard reset, and the PS3 told me that it needed to check my hard drive to make sure everything was ok.

About 2 minutes later, the check is done and everything is fine, but now I'm just nervous about the whole thing.

CJ plays a fairly basic Dorm, but no one can deny his effectiveness, and that's what counts.

Don't have to look far for ones that do prettier stuff but I'm hardpressed to find one that wins more. Shows how good that character really is, it's both hilarious and awesome that he got buffs when he was preeeetty well off in Vanilla.

I don't mind because his VA is awesome. My personal favorite of the newcomers in 3, and I don't even play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom