• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
GAF Hyper Battle Royale is tomorrow from anywhere between 8-10 PM eastern.

Cloudius, GB, Beef, Degen, Gian and Jetman are in. Ultimoo and Solune are replacements.

Full details are tomorrow. And I will state when it's supposed to start. And when I do begin, any person not present will give up their spot.

ih8TgUpxDz5Q6.gif

smurfx

get some go again
So yeah. Smurf has a better taskmaster. :-(

ggs.

/goes back to jumping on rooftops and shit
you ever try using dooms laser assist? makes taskmaster zoning much better. throw in sentinel assist and you should be zoning the hell out of people.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
That Spencer/Wolverine/Wesker team is all sorts of ridiculous to look at. Nothing but one touch death. This dude is a beast. lol

It was all sorts of free to Magnus though...until he got touched. Poor Maggy instantly died then. lol

edit: This Magneto/Strange/Vergil player is my hero. That shit is so dirty.

smurfx

get some go again
i actually wanted to see ultimoo in this tournament. haven't seen him play for the longest. what happened to q? he stopped playing again?

JeTmAn81

Yay, I'm the dark horse! Also, looks like I decided to join Real Pic January just in time :p. Btw, later times are better for me because I'm not off work until 7:30 pm EST.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Predictions!

Judging from how bad I lost earlier in the lobby today I'm gonna say Cloudius12 is going to win this.

But my main prediction is that Professor Beef will disconnect sometime within the first 15 minutes and be disqualified because of it.

Neki

Predictions!

Judging from how bad I lost earlier in the lobby today I'm gonna say Cloudius12 is going to win this.

But my main prediction is that Professor Beef will disconnect sometime within the first 15 minutes and be disqualified because of it.

this just in, panda can't beat sentinel with 3 characters

amirite

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
this just in, panda can't beat sentinel with 3 characters

amirite

Oh wait, what am I talking about?

I never played in any lobby today. Silly me!

But hey man, I have good days and bad days. Sometimes I go about 10-2 against Ultimoo and sometimes I get I get hit by x-factor.

Solune

That Cloudius description LOL. The other ones are godlike too. Hopefully I'll make it back in time to be available as a replacement, starts before i get off work. damn timezones.

Surprised Ultimoo and Solune didn't make it.

Looks like you messed up my avatar pics transparency.

I hope I can use other assist characters other than the ones I use now.

Regarding that, if one wins with ABC, with A being the point, next match would be ADE. IF I win the match with ADE, I can go back to ABC?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The whole tangent when they talk about Firebrand ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Explaining why nobody gives a rats ass about Firebrand is actually quite simple
Viscant is right though. Firebrand literally kills an entire team once he's set-up, unless you have one of the very few guaranteed outs or the Firebrand player just isn't that good at executing his trick. That should be reason enough to play him, but few people do, and none of them do so correctly.

The analogies made to previous games hold true. American players, for whatever reason, are just more likely to stick with characters that suit their playstyle than to try and truly utilize the most effective things in the game.

Sixfortyfive

I haven't seen this firebrand trick, can someone link a video?
Don't have a video handy, but here's the basics of it:

- Against an incoming character (might have to be in the corner), call an assist to lock him in place (Skrull's Tenderizer is the optimal one) while Firebrand charges his unblockable swoop move.
- The unblockable hits, and then you perform a combo that builds a bar or more.
- Snap back and repeat until the opponent's team is dead.

It's been a while since I looked up the specifics. The guaranteed way to escape this on the defender's side is to utilize one of the very few invincible aerial hypers (Hard Drive, Darkness Illusion). I believe that taking the incoming hit of the assist on purpose instead of blocking it (and thus putting you in prime position for Firebrand's move to hit you) can bounce you out of the way far enough so that it becomes a lot more difficult for Firebrand to successfully score a combo, but I'm not sure.

Grecco

It isnt about being "lazy". Its about being practical. You cant expect people to play a team just for one specific set up. Just not realistic.

Sixfortyfive

It isnt about being "lazy". Its about being practical. You cant expect people to play a team just for one specific set up. Just not realistic.
If that set-up is an instant win and not prohibitively difficult to execute, then how on earth can it be impractical or unrealistic?

CPS2

You'd be able to set that up with Dante's anti-air assist right? Not a lot of people use Skrull but there's a lot of Dante's out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom