• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
sOBBy.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Battle Royale is over. Now it's just a lobby.

Congrats to Jetman for winning it. Gian almost with that crazy comeback. GB for being GB.

There was a lot of good stuff going on. It was more interesting than the Live tourney because of the points system and tons of randomness going on.

Final scores.

Jet= 29
Cloud= 28
Gian= 26
Panda= 16
Solune= 2
GB= 2

I'm going to PM you the PSN codes Jetman.

sephi22

Got someone to bring my copy of Mahvel from Dubai, but couldnt bring the stick. Now im not away from the game anymore but i cant practice all this delicious new tech on pad.

Yo damn. Fraud confirmed :)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
GGs I hate you all <3

That Battle Royale was cute and all but the real action happened right after in the Manly Man's lobby.

Somebody had their ass kicked. Somebody had their wig split.

Everyone was inducted into the hall of pain.

PJSalt

Dahbomb

Can't you escape/avoid that anti-Phoenix tech by counter X factoring yourself?

Phoenix does have options in that situation if she sees it coming but again it's a gamble that's going to be against her favor. The other guy still has to do this right on the money because if he doesn't hit it right he just wasted X factor.

I still think snapping Phoenix and killing her before she gets 5 bar will always be the most solid way of dealing with her. This might be good as a last resort back up plan if she is the last character on the team and sitting on 5 bars.

Neki

Can't you escape/avoid that anti-Phoenix tech by counter X factoring yourself?

Phoenix does have options in that situation if she sees it coming but again it's a gamble that's going to be against her favor. The other guy still has to do this right on the money because if he doesn't hit it right he just wasted X factor.

I still think snapping Phoenix and killing her before she gets 5 bar will always be the most solid way of dealing with her. This might be good as a last resort back up plan if she is the last character on the team and sitting on 5 bars.

well this tech is useful once she gets 5 bars, which happens quite often.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Though the scores were a little lopsided I'd say that Battle Royale had the six best PSN players in it.

I think that we can all agree that though I didn't win I played with the most heart.

I mean I use Thor ffs.

lots of factors in the Battle Royale. My net near the end went batshit and destroyed the chance to gain anymore points.

ggs everyone. I'm salty as hell.

All these magnetos are using day 1 combos. Wheres the magnetic blast loop at?
I did use Magnetic blast combo at one point in Vanilla. But that combo looks so boring compared to ROM loop.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
@Cloudius

You sir! How the hell were you able to pull off Magneto combos when playing against me? I think the worst connection you had was against me.

@Cloudius

You sir! How the hell were you able to pull off Magneto combos when playing against me? I think the worst connection you had was against me.

wut

My connection was at least stable playing you. That Mag loop is easiest to do with input delay.

Worst match by far was the one with GianCarlo, but that was my connection being coconut.

Was actually surprised when GianCarlo did that Mag Flight HP loops on me.

I think by far though, the biggest salt award goes to Panda when he got hit by Wesker lvl 3.

WHAT

now we fight, cloud. Mag loop is so smooth, none of that ghetto shit.
Spencer, simple and effective play.

I know the Mag blast loop does good damage. Maybe I should practice, but doubt really I should even use it.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think that was against Jetman right?

If I had won that I think you or Giancarlo would have won. Because that match was right at the beginning of his long win streak.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The PSN Hyper Battle Royal Archives is up.

http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/305313449

A lot of good stuff. Mainly GB dying. I could have done better. I liked how smooth everything went. Better than the Live session with no disconnects or anything. That's how all the HBR will be like from now on.
Thinking about making this a weekly thing. We'll see.

We can do Live Battle Royale Age 2 tomorrow night. Live guys interested PM me.

I've jumped into Marvel, skipped out on vanilla and bought Ultimate for PS3. Man, it's gonna be rough learning this, but I've been practicing some Doom, Nova and Taskmaster stuff in training.

sephi22

Dahbomb, could you post/link what you consider the most effective BnB for Vergil? I'm playing the game after a couple of weeks and trying to learn me some Vergil

I'm at the point where Wesker isn't as much fun as he used to be. I loved using him almost entirely because of resets with slant shot, but Spencer is more fun than Wesker and the team works better with him on point. Wesker is no fun when I have to wait 4 seconds for EMD assist to come back after Spencer dies. But I need that damn OTG assist.

Is there anyone with a super awesome OTG assist that's also a great 2nd character that isn't a lame zoning boring character? I could put C.Viper there, I guess so I can get my Resident Evil fix. Or do Spencer/Magneto/Doom. I hate that this game only has a couple awesome tridash characters, and even less awesome flight characters.

Wesker is only fun when he's on point.

Spencer, simple and effective play.

I know the Mag blast loop does good damage. Maybe I should practice, but doubt really I should even use it.

You're dissing Spencer? Naw, son. Naw.

I think that was against Jetman right?

If I had won that I think you or Giancarlo would have won. Because that match was right at the beginning of his long win streak.

5 fps match? That was against Giancarlo. Sweeped 4 points.

Unless you are refering to another match.

Shoutout to Jetman for simple play and blowing everyone up.

I'm at the point where Wesker isn't as much fun as he used to be. I loved using him almost entirely because of resets with slant shot, but Spencer is more fun than Wesker and the team works better with him on point. Wesker is no fun when I have to wait 4 seconds for EMD assist to come back after Spencer dies. But I need that damn OTG assist.

Is there anyone with a super awesome OTG assist that's also a great 2nd character that isn't a lame zoning boring character? I could put C.Viper there, I guess so I can get my Resident Evil fix. Or do Spencer/Magneto/Doom. I hate that this game only has a couple awesome tridash characters, and even less awesome flight characters.

Wesker is only fun when he's on point.

You're dissing Spencer? Naw, son. Naw.
No, I was complimenting. You played safe and did effective combos taking out 1 or 2 of my characters.

Hopefully Capcom nerfs Wesker so I don't feel as guilty when I win only because Wesker is S tier.

I meant the match where I got "reset" by Xfactor level895 Weskers Level 3.
Oh yea I think it was. Man, that was straight up either random mashed lvl 3 or good trip guard read. I don't recall what you were doing before you can hit.

Thanks, I only really started learning Spencer in the past week or so, and I've really taken to him. I only decided to put him on point permanently today. I'm trying my best to play him like Dudley, just plow in and make them guess whether to block or jump. He's really good against pushblock and he puts himself in such good positions with grapples.

I really had no idea it was so much fun to use Spencer. Up until a couple days ago, I was just trying to wiregrapple in the air and crossup S because I had no real plan with him. I'm so afraid to do anything with Wesker without EMD, when I really shouldn't be. Probably a sign I should look around.

Too bad I don't know anything about spencer resets or I'd play Spencer/Magneto/Phoenix.

Although, Phoenix is worthless now with that exchange shit.

smurfx

get some go again
i've found two pretty damn good taskmaster and zero resets. the taskmaster reset i've already done in ranked matches a few times so its good to go. the zero one i did once during a player match. looks like they are good to go now. i'm working on a haggar reset right now too. just gotta work on my otg timing when i do get the reset. the taskmaster reset is the best one as i will kill pretty much anybody in the cast if i get it. it isn't even hard to do either.

Rewatching these matches hurts. I had a few of them in the bag and I either fucked up a super or just didn't go in. The worst is when I time my DHC from phantom dance too late and get another one or a counter.

Cloud, I think the coolest thing you did was gravitation to pull me off of your assist then shockwave right before I hit the ground so I couldn't lance you.

Thanks, I only really started learning Spencer in the past week or so, and I've really taken to him. I only decided to put him on point permanently today. I'm trying my best to play him like Dudley, just plow in and make them guess whether to block or jump. He's really good against pushblock and he puts himself in such good positions with grapples.

I really had no idea it was so much fun to use Spencer. Up until a couple days ago, I was just trying to wiregrapple in the air and crossup S because I had no real plan with him. I'm so afraid to do anything with Wesker without EMD, when I really shouldn't be. Probably a sign I should look around.

Too bad I don't know anything about spencer resets or I'd play Spencer/Magneto/Phoenix.

Although, Phoenix is worthless now with that exchange shit.

Spencer/Magneto/???

I think you need an assist that will lock the character down when you can go for low or overhead mixups. I haven't seen you use other characters besides Wesker, Phoenix, Magneto, Hawkeye, and Spencer. Hawkeye might be good for a brief lockdown while you zip into the air. If you managed to get the opponent blocking the triple arrows assist, then you can try get your game going.

How could you guys let Fraudius12 come in second?? I have to see this stream archive
lol

Cloud, I think the coolest thing you did was gravitation to pull me off of your assist then shockwave right before I hit the ground so I couldn't lance you.
Any times I do any of the new Magneto's move (Attraction, Repulsion, Gravitation) outside of the normal times I usually do it are complete accidents :|

I hate this new move honestly.

Aww, I love attraction. It was WAY better at EVO, though.

Spencer/Magneto/???

I think you need an assist that will lock the character down when you can go for low or overhead mixups. I haven't seen you use other characters besides Wesker, Phoenix, Magneto, Hawkeye, and Spencer. Hawkeye might be good for a brief lockdown while you zip into the air. If you managed to get the opponent blocking the triple arrows assist, then you can try get your game going.

That's exactly what I was doing when I said I used to only go from crossup S. I was using Hawkeye, but goddamn I fucking hate playing Hawkeye. I only used him the time I won because I couldn't think of another good assist and I was more worried about Spencer than my team.

Anyway, I just rewatched my Phoenix match against you. I can't believe I lost because my jab went the wrong direction. How the hell. Anyway, from rewatching that video, you'd think that vanilla phoenix was my best character. It actually seemed like I was making recognizably smart choices on reaction, whereas my other characters seem pretty autopilot. Which is true. God I love Phoenix. Damn you Niitsuma.

Tobe

A lot of good stuff. Mainly GB dying. I could have done better. I liked how smooth everything went. Better than the Live session with no disconnects or anything. That's how all the HBR will be like from now on.

same format? or wins like the other time?

smurfx

get some go again

can we just do our regular teams through the whole battle royale? the current formats hurts people who don't play many characters. -_- the only other character i play besides my three is hawkeye and i'm ass with him since i hardly ever use him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom