• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frantic

'Real' tier list from me, displaying my OCD for lining everything up properly.

For reference - characters to the left either have problems(trouble against zoning) or they have some sort of gimmick(Frank, PW, Phoenix, etc) while characters to the right are who have little faults and can be good team players(further right = more useful on a team). That's why Dante and Doom are so far to the right while Zero and Viper are not(Zero and Viper do best on point, while Dante and Doom can go anywhere). The same goes for characters like Ammy and Vergil(Ammy for her assist + DHC/THC options, and Vergil for his incredible DHC synergy with everyone. Plus DT and SS gets rid of most of his faults as a character so he's on the right). Characters that can be both a good thing and a bad thing on a team are more in the middle - be it close to the left or the right. Other than that, some of the character placements are a bit random. Just because I'm not knowledgable enough to rank them properly, or just because I ran out of space to put them somewhere more proper. I REFUSE TO STACK THEM![/ocd]

Done just for fun, I'm not going to take any tier talk seriously. Just fyi. :p

Neki

firebrand as SS? LOL

and Phoenix Wright has less problems than Iron Man? this tier list is boggling my mind.

it's like you set out to make a terrible tier list. this is dahbomb levels.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
freaking frantic knows like all the characters. it will be between tobe and frantic though.
Agreed. I don't think I'm gonna win any games (if I get in). I'm playing for the first time in weeks today and I'm dropping every single SRK motion. I really need to get a new wired controller, having the left stick dead zone quite significantly to the left is just unacceptable in fighting games. :|

Neki

NZowB.jpg

WgOiJ.jpg

QSC43.jpg

Mailed to both of us so I thought I would find my tag and prizes there as well, but it was not there. I guess it was mailed separately?

Thanks again.

wait, you're not seph, wtf?

Cloudius and Seph is the same person? oh shit, cloudius exploting dat system to get 1st and 2nd place. please mail those back to kadey so the real winner of the PSN tournament can get their prize: Karsticles

smurfx

get some go again
firebrand as SS? LOL

and Phoenix Wright has less problems than Iron Man? this tier list is boggling my mind.

it's like you set out to make a terrible tier list. this is dahbomb levels.
post your list. i'm curious to see what your tier list looks like. you hardly ever speak up during tier list debates.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Cloudius and Seph is the same person? oh shit, cloudius exploting dat system to get 1st and 2nd place. please mail those back to kadey so the real winner of the PSN tournament can get their prize: Karsticles

I'm not sure if you are being serious. My sarcasm meter is broken.

conspiracy! They could faked their relationship and after all, they are only one same person.

Or the fact, they are brothers.

I'm not sure if you are being serious. My sarcasm meter is broken.

conspiracy! They could faked their relationship and after all, they are only one same person.

Or the fact, they are brothers.

^^

I posted before in the tournament thread.

Neki

doubt it, once I played seph after playing cloud, I knew that lag feeling was the same. they are in fact, the same person. kadey please disqualify seph/cloudius.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
doubt it, once I played seph after playing cloud, I knew that lag feeling was the same. they are in fact, the same person. kadey please disqualify seph/cloudius.

You could object to that before the tournament start and the fact that they live at same home.

I don't know what team they are using or whatever. Also You could ask them to take picture of themselves with the stick box before escalate it to disqualify.

Neki

You could object to that before the tournament start and the fact that they live at same home.

I don't know what team they are using or whatever. Also You could ask them to take picture of themselves with the stick box before escalate it to disqualify.

I just want Cloudius to be honest and admit that he wanted to win so badly, he made two gaf accounts waiting for this day.

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/umv...ekw8wgm8u9b74998yn35gbggakvaln578izeddneg-bkg

here's my boring list.

Yay, I'm back from the hospital! Not being able to eat or drink anything for 24 hours sucked balls. I got so many scans you'd think I was guarding Chozo artifacts. Back to team building ^_^

I don't see Nemesis on either of these teams; why give up on that dominating "KO you and your assist for free" character

making me sad right now beard, very sad

Actually, I found this out right before I left, but apparently if you do a wall bounce and cancel it with a ground bounce, you can do another wall bounce. So after Spencer's hypers, I can call Nemesis and do OTG grapple, combo into another hyper then do another OTG grapple and combo into another hyper. Works with just about any reasonable ground bounce, which opens up my options a lot more. I do like OTG assists just because I can push you into the corner a lot easier with my combos.

JeTmAn81

Browsing through the thread, I see Jetman won? Grats man, now I don't feel so bad about going 9-10 with you a coupld nights ago.

Now now Beef, for most of those matches I was playing teams that I don't really know how to play (Team MastaCJ), so we'll need to match up again with my main team to see where things lie ;)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
There should be two packages Cloud. Another mid-sized box. I would make sure it isn't laying around outside for one. If that is the case, then it could be a mistake on delivery man's part. Ask him about it if he doesn't deliver it the next time. They do not want me to unleash my wrath as a last resort.

═══════════

I'll be setting up preparations for Live HBR 2 Age soon.

This is the order.

qvZbY.png

Don't forget to friend me to make this easier. If you followed the first two HBR, this should be easy to jump into.

Ploid 3.0

How to punish Vergil when he does those up,down,up,down,up,down slashes over and over again? Push block seems to keep him safe, and if I let him do it until he gets tired he seem to recover quick, or have enough meter gained for a hyper sword circle to safely.

smurfx

get some go again
How to punish Vergil when he does those up,down,up,down,up,down slashes over and over again? Push block seems to keep him safe, and if I let him do it until he gets tired he seem to recover quick, or have enough meter gained for a hyper sword circle to safely.
mind posting your characters? when asking questions people really should post their teams. if you have multiple teams then also post those. it makes answering questions easier.

Ploid 3.0

mind posting your characters? when asking questions people really should post their teams. if you have multiple teams then also post those. it makes answering questions easier.

She Hulk, Akuma, Shuma.

Frank, Skrull, Akuma.

I just don't see a opening in when he's able to be punished. It seems all safe I kinda want to know when he's vulnerable. The guy that has no problem spaming the up,down,up,down slashings sets it up by calling task forward arrows assist then teleport to the other side to start it, making it safe. If he lands it he just goes into launcher after a few times then the air super. I usually just jump away from the setup only to fight his other shenanagins.

Frantic

Pushblock the downward slash, then dash up and punish. If you're in the corner, you'll have to pushblock the upward slash, then the downward slash to get the punish.

I don't think there's a single character that cannot punish Vergil doing this. He has huuuuge recovery on his normals, and since he can't cancel them, he's free to punishes after a pushblock.

Ploid 3.0

Pushblock the downward slash, then dash up and punish. If you're in the corner, you'll have to pushblock the upward slash, then the downward slash to get the punish.

I don't think there's a single character that cannot punish Vergil doing this. He has huuuuge recovery on his normals, and since he can't cancel them, he's free to punishes after a pushblock.

Ooh thanks.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
From now on, I'm stating that if winners used characters again he will be deducted one point for each character used again. First offense. Second offense, 2 points, third, 3 points each character, etc.

Dahbomb

This is neat, I posted mine:

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/umv...er-x210-d3Low Support-x310-d4Top Support-x410

Explanation: I know it says "versatility" and "faults" on others but that's not how I made mine. I made mine based on assist selection and utility on a team aka support role. That's why someone like Dante is all the way on the right... his assist selection and save/powerful DHC option plus general versatility on a TEAM puts him there. Ditto for Akuma and his Tatsu, Strange and his 3 assists, Sentinel, Frank West, Iron Man etc. Hsien Ko is also all the way on the right because of her gold armor assist. Characters on the left don't bring much to the team aside from being really good with assists (like Zero or Dorm). Phoenix is the same, you can't even really use her on a team outside of her solo so her team presence is actually a burden.

So yeah left/right measures capability as "support". Up/down measures point/general strength of character. Everyone above the main horizontal line is A tier character. Top most line is S tier, bottom most is C tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom