• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm going to postpone the next PSN HBR. Maybe tomorrow night we can do it. People can still PM me for a spot.

Way too many stuff going on. Besides the half dozen of streams, there's a few not listed as well. I have to go to some UFC/NFL event so I won't be around. Only time I would be able to start the HBR would be like 3 in the morning and that isn't happening. Maybe I could start a lobby though and test out commentary by GB.

I think I've finally made it. The team I've always dreamed of.

Dormammu/Spencer/Magneto

It's got tridashes, grapples, teleports, crazy resets, above average health, everything I could want and love.

And Liberation assist combos finally have a home. I feel like I could cry.

Grecco

I think I've finally made it. The team I've always dreamed of.

Dormammu/Spencer/Magneto

It's got tridashes, grapples, teleports, crazy resets, above average health, everything I could want and love.

And Liberation assist combos finally have a home. I feel like I could cry.

Heh. Im still trying to find "that" team. Its a nice feeling once you find it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Honzo says Doom.
i4TpsCLMdwjOZ.gif

bs000

I think those ones are pretty much standard BNBs with one extra otg into knockdown (acid rain, 623M, j.S). They do good damage considering that most of the combo is easy (maybe all of it is easy, I haven't tried it yet). He's just uploaded a less practical one that does 699K with no meter used, it'll be interesting to see what he comes up with, as the point of the video is to do damage. I didn't realise that at the start of a combo you can do otg 623M straight into j.S, that's pretty cool.

It's easy up until the second acid rain. The hardest part is timing the acid rain, volcano, j.S. You only have enough time to do it if you get the groundbounce+hard knockdown from sky dance. You have to do acid rain as soon as you touch the ground and volcano as soon as you recover from acid rain. You have very little time to do 623M; do it too soon you'll get st.M and too late they'll recover and you'll be open for a punish. I've done it a few times online but most of the time I just whiff the volcano and Dante dies :(

In XF lvl 3 acid rain is fast enough to otg on it's own and that's fun to do :D

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Trying to knock out the final 15 missions I've yet to do. Some of these are just obnoxious.

Cap #10 is one of those things that looks like it should be easy but goddamn is it hard to time this crap.

Tobe

Trying to knock out the final 15 missions I've yet to do. Some of these are just obnoxious.

Cap #10 is one of those things that looks like it should be easy but goddamn is it hard to time this crap.

hulk #9 or 8 idk, the one with skrull doing the full charge punch is stupid

Dahbomb

Yeah people are dropping Storm (Ross, Fanatiq and Dios X). It's not going to help them out much because they will soon realize that a ton of their matches were won by DHC Hailstorm into 2 characters killed.

It would be funny if Dios and Fanatiq end up playing the same team (Doom/Magneto/Sentinel).

ShadyK uses Doom/Magneto/Sentinel too. This team is very popular and for good reason.

Also are we getting a replacement for the magneto alt or are we just getting nothing?

I actually think Marvel 3 is a really fair game on all fronts. People tend to forget what fighting games used to be like. I played about 50 games of Karnov's Revenge today, and a bunch of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Marvel vs Capcom 1. Marvel 3 is pretty far from bullshit, I think it's a really well-balanced and designed game. People give Capcom too much crap for the wrong reasons.

I also think that Street Fighter x Tekken is doing everything right, but people are trying so hard to destroy that game's hype. Gems are turning out to be a non-issue, and people were going crazy for that game before. I don't know what it is, maybe the distaste for their business practices is flowing over. All I know is, if SFxT fails like UMVC3 did, people are gonna be really sad there aren't more Capcom fighting games.

zlatko

Banned
I actually think Marvel 3 is a really fair game on all fronts. People tend to forget what fighting games used to be like. I played about 50 games of Karnov's Revenge today, and a bunch of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Marvel vs Capcom 1. Marvel 3 is pretty far from bullshit, I think it's a really well-balanced and designed game. People give Capcom too much crap for the wrong reasons.

I also think that Street Fighter x Tekken is doing everything right, but people are trying so hard to destroy that game's hype. Gems are turning out to be a non-issue, and people were going crazy for that game before. I don't know what it is, maybe the distaste for their business practices is flowing over. All I know is, if SFxT fails like UMVC3 did, people are gonna be really sad there aren't more Capcom fighting games.

I really think SFxT is screwed before it gets the chance.

Personally though I'm mad hyped for it, and I can't wait to play it. Day one collectors edition for me. I'm stoked to play as Rolento and Steve Fox. :D

I really think SFxT is screwed before it gets the chance.

Personally though I'm mad hyped for it, and I can't wait to play it. Day one collectors edition for me. I'm stoked to play as Rolento and Steve Fox. :D

NO NO NO

YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HATE IT. GEMS, GRRRRR. STUPID CAPCOM OMG WHAT MORONS LET'S HEAP ON THE HATE HARGLE BLARGLE

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
It's a combination of all of the following happening in quick succession:

- 4-player mode
- Pandora
- gems, accompanied by PR saying that they're supposed to solve "problems" like skill and mirror matches, pre-order nonsense and what-not
- tweaking gameplay that people liked better in old builds (chain combo behavior and such)
- all of this coming after people somehow (wrongly, imo) convinced themselves that this was supposed to be a more fundamental game

I expect gems to just be banned outright and the game to turn out decently enough. I am not surprised that the hype level is extremely low, though.

Grecco

It's a combination of all of the following happening in quick succession:

- 4-player mode
- Pandora
- gems, accompanied by PR saying that they're supposed to solve "problems" like skill and mirror matches, pre-order nonsense and what-not
- tweaking gameplay that people liked better in old builds (chain combo behavior and such)
- all of this coming after people somehow (wrongly, imo) convinced themselves that this was supposed to be a more fundamental game

I expect gems to just be banned outright and the game to turn out decently enough. I am not surprised that the hype level is extremely low, though.

Honestly its just gems, especially since theres preorder gems and dlc gems. and other trash like that. If they had never mentioned gems it would be alot more positive.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Man Wolverine is so god damn dumb. I feel bad winning with him sometimes. Even if I lose with him I just think to myself that I wasn't in the other dudes face 99% of the time. Baiting out advancing guards that result in a back dash is still funny to me though.

Ok, so I can cross up with EMD assist and combo into the dart shot with Dormammu, cancel into stalking flare then immediately DHC into bionic arm. Arm hits before Stalking flare, which picks up the opponent in the air from the spinning knockdown. Then I can wavedash over with Spencer and use the infamous vertical grapple to bring them back to a hard knockdown, from where I can do whatever I want.

Coolest thing I've got so far.

Frantic

Played against a Super Skrull who's entire game plan was METEOR SMASH! Figured I'd give something a shot... waited until I saw Skrull go up, then threw out Million Carats.

Chunk of Ice > Super Skrull.

JeTmAn81

Ok, so I can cross up with EMD assist and combo into the dart shot with Dormammu, cancel into stalking flare then immediately DHC into bionic arm. Arm hits before Stalking flare, which picks up the opponent in the air from the spinning knockdown. Then I can wavedash over with Spencer and use the infamous vertical grapple to bring them back to a hard knockdown, from where I can do whatever I want.

Coolest thing I've got so far.
That sounds pretty darn swag.

That sounds pretty darn swag.

Only thing holding the team back from what I can tell is that it's hard as shit to DHC from chaotic flame to spencer off of the pillars. Just puts them barely too high.

Well, that and that all my characters use a fuck ton of meter. I'll have to use grapple assist for some resets and the occasional air tag to keep it under control. I mean, just having the option to do a million damage off of a chaotic flame punish without x-factor is pretty cool. I just don't know when I'll ever have 4 bars laying around. Maybe I should alternate between rushdown and zoning to build.

Razor210

Yeah people are dropping Storm (Ross, Fanatiq and Dios X). It's not going to help them out much because they will soon realize that a ton of their matches were won by DHC Hailstorm into 2 characters killed.

It would be funny if Dios and Fanatiq end up playing the same team (Doom/Magneto/Sentinel).
Storm would be a much easier pick of a character if her damage output was a lot higher - that's the biggest thing holding her back (next to other characters being able to convert to full combos in the air while she can't).

Oh, and her assists aren't the best. Whirlwind has a lot of pushback, which doesn't really help with rushdown, and has some pretty long startup. I still wouldn't be surprised if someone managed to really make her work a couple weeks down the line.

And I decided I'd lab a bit against that Dormammu/Magneto mixup using Taskmaster, and I don't know why this works, but 90% of the time, if Dormammu does teleport heavy and I mash forward OR backwards and C, Shield Skills comes out. It's like its wired to prioritize that over Mighty Swing. Basically, you go through the beam and hit Dorm. It's kinda nice, unless they block, so you'd have to call an assist right as you're halfway through Shield Skills to make it safe.

Tobe

Only thing holding the team back from what I can tell is that it's hard as shit to DHC from chaotic flame to spencer off of the pillars. Just puts them barely too high.

Well, that and that all my characters use a fuck ton of meter. I'll have to use grapple assist for some resets and the occasional air tag to keep it under control. I mean, just having the option to do a million damage off of a chaotic flame punish without x-factor is pretty cool. I just don't know when I'll ever have 4 bars laying around. Maybe I should alternate between rushdown and zoning to build.

exploit the wonders of the TAC system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom