• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Things I don't understand:

-Go 0-9 in HBR.

-Get on ranked and go 3-0 and get complimentary disconnect from people ranked higher than myself...

>:|

Bizazedo

Thanks to the players and viewers.

Congrats to Biz with that epic comeback. Tobe didn't even get a chance to tie it up at the end with the clock running.

Stream is back up. Open lobby now.

http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe#

Great job as always on the event, Kadey. It was fun.

GGs all. Gave my second and third teams quite a workout :).

perfect run this time good shit as always kadey.

GGs to everyone specially to biz, nice
ly played
stall.

Heh, yeah, I figured it'd get some chuckles.

At least we got our salty match immediately afterward, eh? You gotta come to Winter Brawl, man.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Word. GG's.

I'm about to hit the hyperbolic time chamber. Tonight was full of dropped combos and holding forward. I know exactly what I'm supposed to be doing in those matches, and end up doing completely the opposite. :|

Frantic

GGs all. Got reverse OCV'd a bit too much for my liking, but can't complain. Just need to step up my game.

Good shit to Biz, though. Timer scam was hilarious. XD

Poison cards are neat when you can stack them.

Rathian (Primary) - 10 Hit Combo: Temp. ATK increase (1), Poison (1)
Rathian - 10 Hit Combo: Poison (1)
Doctor Octopus - Gain Vitality (2) after a 20 Hit Combo

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The Hyper Battle Royale 2 Age archives is up.
http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/305412368

Love the use of strategy here. Different ways to earn points so thinking is required besides just trying to win. Stalling the time in character select screen with 2 minutes left was genius. In-game is way slower compared to real time. In game second is like 2 seconds in real time.

-=Final scores=-
Bizazedo- 62 points
Tobe-59 points
Frantic-20 points
Nils-11 points
Intelliheath- 4 points
Enzo-3 points
Oldschoolgamer- 0 points

Everything ran perfectly. Thanks to everyone who participated. That's how it is from now on.

We can do another PSN HBR later tonight. PM me to get a spot. Get familiar with the rules because I'm adding more ways to get points. Will try to see if I can get God's beard to commentate it somehow. We'll have to run some tests before the real thing happens.

Just like this HBR, there will be no prizes. It's only an exhibition.

So basically let's go over all the rules at this point. This is pretty much finalized.

1. Random generator to determine order of players.

2. 3 hours long. Thanks to my timer on stream, everyone can see the countdown. If the time ends while a match is going to happen or during one, the match will be the last and still count.

3. Winning players cannot use the same characters for the next match. But can reuse them again if they win for the next after and so on.

4. Points will be deducted from now on if characters are used again and it will get more severe if it happens more than once. First strike, 1 point deducted for each character. Second strike, 2 points deducted for each character. Third strike and so on follows the trend.

5. Points rewards system.
° Perfect= 10 points
° 3 characters alive= 4 points
° 2 characters alive= 2 points
° 1 character alive= 1 points
° No use of X-factor is 1 point added to total.

° Special lobby trophies and achievements points can be awarded.
° For every five win streak, 1 point is rewarded.
° Player who defeats someone with a five win streak or higher gets 2 points rewarded.
° For every 25 points accumulated, a player receives one point rewarded.

I'll keep track of all this during the sessions.

I just need a microphone and Skype, right? I have a microphone, but I was thinking of getting a better one anyway. If it works out I'll commentate, but if it doesn't I'll play.

Actually, I just realized that I have an extra ethernet cable lying around, so maybe I'll see if it's possible to do both without significantly worse lag than normal.

Also, with your rules, what would you do if Cloudius started using, say, MODOK after he won?

bs000

I can't find a match of H&H for the life of me. :|

Seems like everyone waits until the last day to play now. I couldn't find any matches last week, but on the last day it was endless matches.

Run into alot of people using Sabretooth, Cage, Cage. I blame Maxaixalmailam. I just have to use a deck that ensures I hit like a damn truck and I can still win.

CPS2

so much work so little damage

I think those ones are pretty much standard BNBs with one extra otg into knockdown (acid rain, 623M, j.S). They do good damage considering that most of the combo is easy (maybe all of it is easy, I haven't tried it yet). He's just uploaded a less practical one that does 699K with no meter used, it'll be interesting to see what he comes up with, as the point of the video is to do damage. I didn't realise that at the start of a combo you can do otg 623M straight into j.S, that's pretty cool.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Could have gotten a nice 14 points if I didn't automatically press Start and A at the character select screen out of reflex. That said, this was probably the only time I participate. Waking up at 5 PM and feeling like crap isn't very fun. Good games everyone.

Grecco

BUM vs MASTA CJ(Bum is confirmed waiting on Cj)

OMG itz ANDRE VS Noel "the professional" BROWN(he called u out noel,hahaha)

Demon Hyo vs Chris G

Now here are The invites:

Philly crew:

Demon Hyo
Felax
Rogue Yoshi
10 Stars
Damien
Josh wong(GET OFF THAT LOL)
Julien Robinson
Doctor Chaos
Insaynne

New York/New jersey:

Noel Brown
Chris G
Masta CJ
Moons
L.I Joe
Dragon God
NYC Fab
Ray Ray
Chris Matrix
Pungza
Winrich
Liston
Genius
Bankboy Spankz
Megaman Steve
Alukard NY
BUM
Marlin Pie
KDZ
Mr.Quotes
Nerd Josh
Jago
Dieminion
Sean Aquino

maryland/virginia

Unknown
FourthStar
Meep
Dj houshen
Ryry
Steve H

Ohio/Facebook(hahaha u know i had to troll u for this one,hahaha)

OmgitzAndre

Copy pasted from SRK. Looking real good.

Any streams this weekend?

Hadocon 3 (Hi I'm Nastyy will be there) - http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hadocon-iii-saturday-january-14-2012-ssfiv-ae-2012-singles-teams-umvc3-kof13.151110/
Bum will be running a House of Crack Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/Bum1six3
LG Cup US Qualifier (SSF4 only) - http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jan-14-2012-lg-cup-street-fighter-4-hd-global-championships-2012-us-los-angeles-ca.152258/

There might be a couple of others too, I just did a quick sweep of SRK and Twitter.

Frantic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom