• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vice

Gems won't matter much. Most tournaments will probably end up rocking the standard set. If MvC3 tournaments can barely get characters SFxT tournaments won't even have pre-order gems.

Tobe

i don't know how you don't breeze through ranked. you are way better than a bunch of the people i fight. no way you can't beat those guys.
Most ppl dont are about their connection or live with a hogging bandwidth family and that creates a lot of problems for me, first ppl reject the match and if by any chanve i stumble upon some graceful soul online its usually lag, in vanilla i could handle lag cause well i had to plus i had dhc glicth and phoenix. but hy i dont are tht muvh anymore i can play wih you guys and that is enough for me.

smurfx

get some go again
Most ppl dont are about their connection or live with a hogging bandwidth family and that creates a lot of problems for me, first ppl reject the match and if by any chanve i stumble upon some graceful soul online its usually lag, in vanilla i could handle lag cause well i had to plus i had dhc glicth and phoenix. but hy i dont are tht muvh anymore i can play wih you guys and that is enough for me.
bad thing about playing with the same people is that you don't develop match up experience against different characters.

I should probably look over Karst's Dorm guide to see if people have a better combo, but I made this for a post-reset combo in the corner(reset puts them there):

2LH+A2(EMD) xx Flight, jMHS, jMHS, 2MHS, jMHS, Flame Carpet +A1(Slant Shot), Dark Matter, 2HS, jH xx Air Tag(Magneto), jMMH xx flight, jLH adf H adf H adf H adf H adf HS

I don't remember the exact number but it does around 660-680k and builds a ton of meter. I think I can squeeze a spell charge in there, maybe one creation during the wall bounce, then drop a spike in between the 2H and S. Destruction might work, but it's a little slower. Maybe if I use standing H. I also need to learn the staircase loop for magneto, it puts him in a better position. Not sure on the damage.

It's actually pretty easy, and the first part doubles as a safe hit confirm which is nice.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm switching to a pad to play this game. Playing with a stick is just atrocious. I already feel like I can do better with a pad playing within minutes. Only going to play normal fighters with a stick but Marvel or anything without charge inputs is pad only.

And GB to commentate next HBR confirmed. Even if he isn't playing. I always thought you would sound like a redneck but you're pretty soft spoken.

Still some spots left open for next PSN HBR. Just PM me to get in.

smurfx

get some go again
I'm switching to a pad to play this game. Playing with a stick is just atrocious. I already feel like I can do better with a pad playing within minutes. Only going to play normal fighters with a stick but Marvel or anything without charge inputs is pad only.

And GB to commentate next HBR confirmed. Even if he isn't playing. I always thought you would sound like a redneck but you're pretty soft spoken.

what pad are you using? i highly recommend you get the street fighter pads. although with the new street fighter x tekken pads coming out soon i say you wait for those.

Tobe

can we suggest any sountracks for the stream?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
All my Street Fighter pads are retarded. Not buying a new one. Saturn pad is what I grew up with. I'll always love it.

Anybody is welcome to recommend music. Especially ones that Smurf doesn't like.

I actually think Marvel 3 is a really fair game on all fronts. People tend to forget what fighting games used to be like. I played about 50 games of Karnov's Revenge today, and a bunch of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Marvel vs Capcom 1. Marvel 3 is pretty far from bullshit, I think it's a really well-balanced and designed game. People give Capcom too much crap for the wrong reasons.

I also think that Street Fighter x Tekken is doing everything right, but people are trying so hard to destroy that game's hype. Gems are turning out to be a non-issue, and people were going crazy for that game before. I don't know what it is, maybe the distaste for their business practices is flowing over. All I know is, if SFxT fails like UMVC3 did, people are gonna be really sad there aren't more Capcom fighting games.
No to all of this.

I like the fact that Mahvel 3 is retarded. Fairness will never happen even with buffs to remaining bottom/lowish tier characters. Also, SFxTekken is gonna be a bucket of lolz in a basket.
NO NO NO

YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HATE IT. GEMS, GRRRRR. STUPID CAPCOM OMG WHAT MORONS LET'S HEAP ON THE HATE HARGLE BLARGLE
I've never heard this before and I just laughed so hard my stomach hurt.

Music: Play some stuff from Justice.

Anyways... SKRULL... Why the hell have I not played this character till now?

I swear, I get a new favorite character every week. Half the roster has been there at one point.

Any suggestions to team building with Skrull? His simple BnB does around 700k wih 1 meter, so I've delegated him the position of Anchor for now. Inferno is one of the best DHCs in the game.

smurfx

get some go again
just remember that his meteor smash move is very punishable on block so don't just spam it out like many online skrulls.

V_Arnold

No to all of this.

I like the fact that Mahvel 3 is retarded. Fairness will never happen even with buffs to remaining bottom/lowish tier characters. Also, SFxTekken is gonna be a bucket of lolz in a basket.

I cant really take that opinion seriously, sorry. I understand the Marvel part, that is alright, I guess, it is an unfair, borderline broken, yet insanely fun game.

But SFxT is developed by Ono's team. They are not joking around. They ARE better in this than Nitsuma's as far as I am concerned, and gems cannot change that.

Dahbomb

There was a pretty beefy tournament that just went down at around the San Diego area I believe (Winter Gamefest?). Does anyone got a stream archive for it? Would love to watch it after my exam tomorrow. I think there was Hadocon as well... a bunch of tournaments went down just recently.

I am so behind on everything Marvel related.... :(

mr. puppy

Banned
what was the LG stream people were talking about?

not suprised to see combofiend choke and come in 5th again, the guy just doesn't do well in tournies

smurfx

get some go again
what was the LG stream people were talking about?

not suprised to see combofiend choke and come in 5th again, the guy just doesn't do well in tournies
in the lg tournament? combofiend has never been the kinda force in SF4 as he has been in marvel.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I <3 Thor.

1tor3.jpg

Thor's fine in the air, but man you better be sure about yourself once he touches down. He's kinda like Doom or Dorm in that respect. Without the sick-ass zoning tools.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah I feel Thor does good air-to-air against most characters. The three I have trouble with are Zero, Spider-man, and Magneto. The Magneto match up is only annoying if he decides to run away. If we both try and go in it's pretty fun. The only thing that sucks is the he can get so much more off of a grab than I do.

Doom and Dorm I feel comfortable against. With Doom all I need to look out for is a random footdive. Dorm can get annoying because of the teleports, but he's so slow it almost doesn't matter to me.

I think Storm could go into the same category as Magneto but I have never played a good Storm.

This YT channel has a bunch of 8-bit versions of themes up. Wesker, Iron Man, Cap's and so many others are so godlike.

These are nice. I like Sent's a lot.

Where I think Thor is really good is air to ground. His crossup is better than Magneto's and he has great air hitboxes, and he can plow through a lot of mid screen zoning. I stopped playing him because I'm not good enough with the air SPDs to utilize his air to air game. Without those he loses bad in the air, and I've never been able to use grapplers right.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That's why I like Magneto vs. Thor when they both go in each other. For me it's all about keeping him grounded. I'm not to great about catching people with his command grab either. That's something I feel I need to work on. Whenever I go for a command grab it's because it's a reset.

I will rarely use the command grab as part of an approach. On a grounded opponent tri-dash L ground-dash to wait out hit or block stun (this will also beat out a push block if the j.L is done at the right height) then go for the grab. Or I wiff a tri-dash M or H into grab.

I feel like the only thing Thor needs is either for Mighty strike to be faster or the charge to have projectile invincibility.

I still think that the initial spark on Mighty Spark makes no goddamn sense. It should have higher durability. They should just get rid of Spark altogether and give him Blanka's electricity reversal. And make 2M destroy projectiles. That'd be badass.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I've thrown out Mighty Spark L with Hawkeye assist only to trade with EM Disruptor...

Also I found out recently that 2M is a low. Which is weird because I used to use that as an anti-air in Vanilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom