• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
How's that Nova working out for you? Still HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?

Every air grab you get outside of the extremely obvious reset after the otg slide is on accident. It's because you hit H so damn much from air dash jH.

OOPS I AIRGRABBED err I meant to do that

syztem

Neo Member
Xbox live down? status suggests otherwise but I can't connect for some weird reason. worked perfectly fine yesterday

edit: never mind, router reboot solved it. odd though

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Xbox live down? status suggests otherwise but I can't connect for some weird reason. worked perfectly fine yesterday
I had a hiccup yesterday where it just wouldn't work at all for a period of time. Might be something they're pushing across the network slowly.

Sentinel is scary because you can't push buttons... Best strategy IMHO is to jump at him and block. Most sentinels do Jump S all day and you can punish his J S on block. You run risk getting airthrown, but its better than getting cornered and then command grabbed into KO.

Wesker and Vergil with swords rape Sent for free though.

Best way to beat armor is projectile assists + rushdown. I learned that yesterday, I didn't have as much trouble once I started waiting for drones to come out.

reading through some old marvel 2 stuff and I found a great interview with Clockwork on his strider/doom/sentinel team:

http://combovid.com/?p=3502

Maj: Your name always comes up whenever anyone talks about Strider/Doom. Why hasn’t anyone been able to duplicate your success with that duo?

4) Attitude/Heart – I feel a lot of Strider players don’t put enough into it to win as much as they’d like. I remember a while back, Devil_X of Tekken/Soul Calibur was getting really good with Strider. But I felt he could never win as much as he should because of his outlook on the team (how weak it is, how limited Strider is, how crappy Doom is, etc). If you don’t believe you can win, the game is already lost.

I know Strider isn’t as strong as some other characters. But I definitely believe Strider has more potential than the other 55 characters in the game, and so that’s why I’ve played him the past decade. He has the tools to get it done, it’s just mistakes are unforgiving. I also feel Doom is more than strong enough to hold his own when he comes in on point against top tier, and is better than any of the other “assist only” characters on point (Cyclops, Commando, Psylocke, Tron). That’s how I feel, so that’s how I fucking play it.

Even in situations where the match up is no good (vs Matrix) or if I’m clearly losing, if I have at least a little bit of Strider and Doom and at least one meter to work with, I feel fantastic, even though I shouldn’t. I feel characters should be afraid of Strider, even if they shouldn’t, so I that’s how I play it. Your game is a reflection of your own confidence, or lack thereof.

Exactly how I feel about my characters. I really think my team (hell, most well constructed teams) can go toe to toe with anyone.

Maybe that's why I like this game so much :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I was tired of picking low tier, so I started playing PW/RR/Hawkeye. It's like keepaway, without the actual doing damage part.
wat

I kid, although I don't think either of those characters are very good comparatively to the rest of the cast.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Like I said, I still need one or two people for HBR. If nobody is around, there's always another day. Tobe, Biz and Frantic are the only ones so far.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ultimoo is horny?

We can do a first to ten between Tobe and Frantic. But you know how it is. Something needs to be wagered.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Loser becomes Biz's #1 fan and loves him eternally.

Oh wait, Frantic already does that.

maybe I just need to expose panda so we can finally get some peace and quiet around here.

I already played you, it wasn't close, what's done is done.

I used team armor for a few games ffs. That was my first time even using the team against anyone. Before the Beef match.

smurfx

get some go again
dammit i was playing a set with maximillian and then i had to go pick somebody up and cut the set short. :( were were 5-5 when i left. hope we can finish it some other time.

Tobe

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley ------>
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| of Phoenix Endsong and something something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom