• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Why does Iron Fist have the Phoenix avatar symbol on his chest? Am I missing something here?

We don't know yet. The comic should come out soon. I think it might start of new arc, Avengers vs X-Men. (I don't know really. I am little behind right now.) If it's new arc, then that would explain a lot about storm joining Avengers.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/10/15/storm-avengers-nycc2011-bendis-acuna/

Also I read some of comments from this website.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=52957

I found one comment amused.

Phoenix_force.jpg

+
Iron%20Fist%20Wallpaper-631349.jpeg
=
goku_10_super.jpg

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
No it's Fullflej. I did play you Jetman in one of the HBRs.

Man I haven't played Ultimoo in a while. This will be the best way to do it, when we are *both completely mad at each other!

Uhh yeah so Ultimoo let me know when are ready for this thing asap. If it's tonight I'll probably fall alseep during the first match unless I get nappy time in right soon.

Frantic

Great matches last night, Frantic. Infuriating in that they kept going back and forth, but I was still satisfied.

Mostly.
Heh, our set pretty much showed how hot and cold I can run. One match I can be playing really well, and then next I'm stuck in a corner and getting reset in the most ghetto way possible, lol. But good games all the same. Just wait until I master all of Dante's tools! :p

I still don't know how Spencer popped out after that accidental reset with Nova. Maybe the j.S was too high from Nova and it let him go on the way down? I dunno.
Nova's j.S is really weird. I was playing around with him in training mode, and I would do the exact same combo several times in a row, and sometimes the j.S would just whiff. I really don't get it.

JeTmAn81

No it's Fullflej. I did play you Jetman in one of the HBRs.

Man I haven't played Ultimoo in a while. This will be the best way to do it, when we are *both completely mad at each other!

Uhh yeah so Ultimoo let me know when are ready for this thing asap. If it's tonight I'll probably fall alseep during the first match unless I get nappy time in right soon.

Ohhhhhhhh yeah! Ok Ultimoo has a chance ;). Grudge on.

zlatko

Banned
If you're wondering about Nova's jump S and why sometimes it gets only 1 hit, it's because you didn't let their body drop down close enough to his chest level. It's why when first learning his combos you have to not mash them out or else you will drop them a lot.

Of course it's also hit box dependant too, so if a character has a weird/bigger box, then you can let them be above his head and it'll still connect.

Also, if you've never done it before, try doing a tag assist upwards twice and land as Nova for the last character to relaunch down. At that point he gets a ton of hits as they fall back down for extra damage. ;D

Bizazedo

Heh, our set pretty much showed how hot and cold I can run. One match I can be playing really well, and then next I'm stuck in a corner and getting reset in the most ghetto way possible, lol. But good games all the same. Just wait until I master all of Dante's tools! :p

Nova's j.S is really weird. I was playing around with him in training mode, and I would do the exact same combo several times in a row, and sometimes the j.S would just whiff. I really don't get it.

Yeah, it's weird. I can't fight you full-screen due to Vajra / Dante teleport. That's no bueno.

If I'm too close, I can still be Vajra'd / Hammered / whatever. There's like some happy medium space. The only good thing is both my guys are fast enough to get lots of happy birthdays.

As for his j.S, it really seems height dependant. I run the hit stun deterioration to the breaking point after his throws (like I have to keep you slightly below me on the smaller characters), so the j.S will miss if I have the height incorrect on the smaller guys. A lot of times it's not even worth it to get those two extra hits.

I love throwing with Nova, though.

zlatko

Banned
So you beat me after I didn't play Marvel for months because of exams, congratulations, you beat a rusty man who can only use H. And I'm sorry I'm not good against Hulk, but feel free to keep thinking you're somehow to superior to all of us with your day 1 scrub tactics. If you want to be pompous, at least be good. I respected Q because he was actually good, you're just some scrub off the street who happened to be playing Marvel at the right place and time. You played me in what, 7 matches? oh nooo.

get good kid, you're garbage.

This is the part that cracks me up.

100% online Xbox Live tough guy e thuggin it up.

The salt in this post is almost as broken as Phoenix was in vanilla. :p

Bizazedo

Also, if you've never done it before, try doing a tag assist upwards twice and land as Nova for the last character to relaunch down. At that point he gets a ton of hits as they fall back down for extra damage. ;D

That's what brought up our discussion, actually. We had a weird reset happen, accidentally, where Nova's j.S started VERY high and had almost no hits before it landed and his Spencer popped out before Nova could follow up the j.S. Like, right when they landed.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
This is the part that cracks me up.

100% online Xbox Live tough guy e thuggin it up.

The salt in this post is almost as broken as Phoenix was in vanilla. :p

I know right?

I mean yes I meant to rile him up so I could get a good match out of him but this was unexpected. (In the funniest of ways of course)

I think Ultimoo is closest to me in skill level on gaf. I do not expect a shut out (hopefully, one sided matches are so boring).

Edit- also on the Nova j.S thing. I'm not sure what combo you tried to do but for me it's easiest to do - Launch j.M j.M j.H Fly j.L j.M j.H j.S. The S will never fail for me here.

zlatko

Banned
That's what brought up our discussion, actually. We had a weird reset happen, accidentally, where Nova's j.S started VERY high and had almost no hits before it landed and his Spencer popped out before Nova could follow up the j.S. Like, right when they landed.

Well I know I can explain the portion of why you couldn't follow up the j.S. is because you need at least 3 hits as he drags them down to the ground in order to have enough hit stun for the follow up OTG options. Sometimes you can do it off only two hits on the way down, but that's funky timing.

As for not all of the hits connecting, it might be dependant on what hits you used before the j.S. Was it M M H, M H, just a H, what? You can mess around with it and you'll start to see that without a M M H that leaves the opponents hit box in the right spot for Nova when do the S, then it will whiff hits.

Edit: @ Panda. Pssh real men do jM jM jH, fly, jM jM jH launch

Bizazedo

Well I know I can explain the portion of why you couldn't follow up the j.S. is because you need at least 3 hits as he drags them down to the ground in order to have enough hit stun for the follow up OTG options. Sometimes you can do it off only two hits on the way down, but that's funky timing.

As for not all of the hits connecting, it might be dependant on what hits you used before the j.S. Was it M M H, M H, just a H, what? You can mess around with it and you'll start to see that without a M M H that leaves the opponents hit box in the right spot for Nova when do the S, then it will whiff hits.

I guess I didn't explain it right, but I think you backed into the answer.

It was very confusing section of the fight with a crazy miss and him getting hit, high up, with a raw j.S with no hits prior due to..well, how crazy things can happen on the way down.

The only thing I can think of is the j.S only got two hits on the way down because it wasn't the normal BAM BAM BAM with regular intervals. It almost didn't center him right on the way down.

So that'd explain why he popped out.

[edit]
Also, typically, if I can't do the H loop, I do j.m, j.m, j.h, fly, j.m, j.h, j.S because it does more damage.

Unless I'm midscreen (and know it), then put a rocket punch M after the second j.h.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
For online I feel using j. L is a little more consistent. Especially since the hitbox on j.L is so low I never have to worry about dropping it.

Frantic

Yeah, it's weird. I can't fight you full-screen due to Vajra / Dante teleport. That's no bueno.
This is my favorite part about having Vajra on my team. That fear of getting a teleport crossup. I don't even go for it all that often, usually using Vajra to set up my zoning - it's more to test the patience of the other person. Their ability to deal with Vajra and Dante's zoning at the same time. If they get too impatient, bam. A safe teleport to start my offense.

I'm probably the only person who think Dante got buffed in Ultimate thanks to the Strider's Vajra assist. :p

If I'm too close, I can still be Vajra'd / Hammered / whatever. There's like some happy medium space. The only good thing is both my guys are fast enough to get lots of happy birthdays.
Yeah, Zero and Nova's cr.M are wonderful moves to expose my love for Vajra assist and not blocking low. It's why I need to start learning to space with s.L more at the mid-range. Nothing Zero has can really out-poke Dante's s.L, and while Nova can slide under it, Dante has bold-blocking, so it's safe if I'm thinking about it. There's so many things I need to do/change about my gameplan with Dante, it's almost overwhelming. I do like it, though.

Bizazedo said:
I love throwing with Nova, though.
Every Nova player loves throwing with him. :(

zlatko

Banned
For online I feel using j. L is a little more consistent. Especially since the hitbox on j.L is so low I never have to worry about dropping it.

I've got it down that I don't drop the M so I do it.

Idk what your team is, but if you put Doom on your team with hidden missiles you can start doing some broken ass damage combos without the need for H fly H unfly, etc hard combos.

Do the normal jump H, M, H, launch, air M M H, fly, air M M H launch back down, mash on doom hidden on the way down, do the forward + H OTG, launch, and as you come up into the air you can do another M M H launch back down because the missles will keep the opponent pinned down. Once back on the ground you can do SRK L -> Nova force, or you could do say Wesker assist, SRK M, launch, H, Nova Force.(The second combo may not work haven't had time to test, but the first mentioned works)

You'll get a fuck ton of damage, solid meter, and you can DHC into Doom Sphere Flame to kill just about anything for 950K roughly.

LakeEarth

I'm surprised I haven't seen a good Nova/Strider combination. See that you got the hard knockdown from the other side of the screen? No problem, full combo.

JeTmAn81

This is my favorite part about having Vajra on my team. That fear of getting a teleport crossup. I don't even go for it all that often, usually using Vajra to set up my zoning - it's more to test the patience of the other person. Their ability to deal with Vajra and Dante's zoning at the same time. If they get too impatient, bam. A safe teleport to start my offense.

I'm probably the only person who think Dante got buffed in Ultimate thanks to the Strider's Vajra assist. :p

Yeah, Zero and Nova's cr.M are wonderful moves to expose my love for Vajra assist and not blocking low. It's why I need to start learning to space with s.L more at the mid-range. Nothing Zero has can really out-poke Dante's s.L, and while Nova can slide under it, Dante has bold-blocking, so it's safe if I'm thinking about it. There's so many things I need to do/change about my gameplan with Dante, it's almost overwhelming. I do like it, though.

Every Nova player loves throwing with him. :(

Vajra is why I recently switched out Taskmaster for Strider on my team, now I've got Dante/Wesker/Vajra. Both Dante and Wesker are nuts with a well-used Vajra. I still have to figure out how to play Strider properly, and how to force situations where I can use Vajra safely. I do think that Dante is still really amazing in this game, he just has tools for everything. The hard part is knowing which tool to use and when. I have huge gaps in my matchup knowledge and have a hard time shifting out of my typical gameplan (call assist, IAD j.M overhead or teleport) to tactics which are more suitable to the matchup, but I think Dante as a character has everything anyone might need to win.

Strider is actually really good too, but like Dante I think he requires a certain finesse to take advantage of his myriad mixup options without getting blown up by a stray hit into character death. But having him on anchor usually gives you XF3 + Ouroboros which is a nearly guaranteed combo opening into kill, then mixups on the rest of the team.

I think I'd like to play this team for a while. There are still a million things I have to learn about these characters, even Wesker who is the simplest of the three (I never do his full combos including palm knockdown and wallbounce online though I don't have much trouble doing them in training mode). His command grab metagame is probably one of the cherries I'll put on top after I have finally gotten really comfortable with his movement and approach options.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know... I actually realized... I haven't used the new ranged moves of Viper and Haggar. How do you do them?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh fine we could do it today. If I lose I'll just bitch like you did about having to take exams and stuff. Sound good? :)

No but seriously I got a grand total of 2 hours of sleep today.

I'll just sleep now. Hbrs are at 10 so I'm asumming this will be at 8 or 9.

Damn, that reminds me, I've been having trouble watching some vids on kadey's page, usually I click on the archived vids, but it just stays at 1 second and doesn't move. Can anyone help me with this?

Neki

Oh fine we could do it today. If I lose I'll just bitch like you did about having to take exams and stuff. Sound good? :)

No but seriously I got a grand total of 2 hours of sleep today.

I'll just sleep now. Hbrs are at 10 so I'm asumming this will be at 8 or 9.

Thursday just gives me more time to 10-0 you so we can wait until then. my friend is coming over today so I might not be able to even make it if it's super late

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Didn't know there was an HBR today. Nobody pmed me.

We can have the grudge match around 9-10. Probably the latter since I have stuff to do. First to ten. Avatar bet.

Neki

Didn't know there was an HBR today. Nobody pmed me.

We can have the grudge match around 9-10. Probably the latter since I have stuff to do. First to ten. Avatar bet.

Can we do Thursday or friday? I might be busy later today. All up to Panda really.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Conflict is part of a relationship. While focusing on simple and trivial matters of one another, each person forgets the main thing of staying together. Seeing who will relent first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom