• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Degen

Pandas are the most stubborn creatures when it comes to sex.

m1fn2.gif

FullFlej, I hope you're training with your red/pink armor team because the official Team Armor™ is looking for a war.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
hahaha

Perfect tag team match between ultimooooo and beeeeeef and paaaaaanda and degeeeeen.

Love the climax of drama.. Just a great entertainment!

GatorBait

I wanted something where I could look at other players and x-copy. So I'm thinking Wolverine/Frank West/Spencer. I can use Noel Brown Wolverine/Frank tricks to get Frank to level 4 quick, and actually put some time into Spencer so that I can actually do his fancy stuff. Plus I think slant shot assist could help Wolverine's snap-in mixups.
What are some of the good strategies/combos to get Frank to level 4 quickly with Wolverine? I have been working on some different teams to try to get L4 Frank, but haven't settled on one yet.

I need your guys' help. I'm never going to get any better if I don't stop changing teams twice a week. So I'm gonna list a few teams, and if there's any consensus on two of them, I won't play anything else until after EVO. I think I should drop Wesker, the way I want to play him is really predictable.

Dormammu/Spencer/Magneto
Magneto/Morrigan/Phoenix
Magneto/MODOK/Phoenix
Phoenix/Magneto/Doom
Felicia/Spider-Man/Sentinel

Jenga

Banned
So I've picked up Dr. Doom and I'm fairly close to being able to do the BuK loop whenever I damn well please. What I wanna know is, is there anything else I need to know about doom? Or is mastering the BuK (and dash cancel movement shit) all I need to know before moving on to more combos/advanced stuff for doom?

Yeah, that was the ultimate team I came up with for my playstyle, but then my girl Phoenix kept knocking at my door. I trust your judgment, that's almost definitely going to be one of them.
Yeah that team kinda scares me just looking at it

Grecco

I need your guys' help. I'm never going to get any better if I don't stop changing teams twice a week. So I'm gonna list a few teams, and if there's any consensus on two of them, I won't play anything else until after EVO. I think I should drop Wesker, the way I want to play him is really predictable.

Dormammu/Spencer/Magneto
Magneto/Morrigan/Phoenix
Magneto/MODOK/Phoenix
Phoenix/Magneto/Doom

Id never touch Phoenix again tbh.

Degen

73 wins, 4 losses, 9-win streak? here, let me give your tier-whore team something to think about.
73 wins, 5 losses. maybe next time, bruh

Team Armor. Game Ruined.™

Tobe

Dormammu/Spencer/Magneto
Magneto/Morrigan/Phoenix
Magneto/MODOK/Phoenix
Phoenix/Magneto/Doom

i think you should give zero a try, not the most fun character to play but i think it would do wonders with spencer and magneto assist. and a phoenix team cause she is still really good and only a bunch of ppl will try out that glitch.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Dormammu/Spencer/Magneto
Magneto/Morrigan/Phoenix
Magneto/MODOK/Phoenix
Phoenix/Magneto/Doom

Those two look the scariest. I like Phoenix and everything, but in a land filled with Spiral Swords and Spells of Viscant, running her on point doesn't seem the wisest thing to do.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
2 vs 2, 3 vs 3.

°Character locked and team-mates cannot use the same characters.
°Order gets random generated. Every single match is random generated to make things a bit more fair and balance in case a team has a very dominate player.
°You may tag in your team-mate to battle for you but each player has a maximum of 3 times to do this in the entire grudge match.
°First to 20.

To do this pretty much every player has to be unbattle. Only the two players fighting are on battle and after the match, they have to unbattle unless they are up again.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
2 vs 2, 3 vs 3.

°Order gets random generated. Every single match is random generated to make things a bit more fair and balance in case a team has a very dominate player.
°You may tag in your team-mate to battle for you but each player has a maximum of 3 times to do this in the entire grudge match.
°First to 20.

To do this pretty much every player has to be unbattle. Only the two players fighting are on battle and after the match, they have to unbattle unless they are up again.

Aww man, can't we take this one out?

I don't understand the second rule either, you are going to have a list of 20+ matches to be played out? If I tag in will that take the place of that match on the list.

smurfx

get some go again
tag team? eh i don't know about that. just make it a ft10 and then i can ridicule the loser. this way it works out for everyone.

Tobe

2 vs 2, 3 vs 3.

°First to 20.

xbl wont have that many issues we do have character variety unlike psn :v

I just realized that with longer Dormammu combos that the opponent starts blocking in the middle of the purification, making it an unusual reset for characters with bad air mobility. I think they just have to drop right back down, can they tech out of it? I dunno.

So far I'm up to 722k meterless with Dorm, hopefully I can crack 1,050,000 with two bars.

Yesss, finally broke the Spencer barrier with solo Magneto squeeze combos ^_^. 1,078,400 damage, aww yeah. I bet I can break 1.1 if I mash harder on the Squeeze.

Now I can save that x-factor for throws and resets, or burn it early on Dorm and Spencer :)

Razor210

I need someone to play a really, really low tier team (Wesker, Dante, basically a lot of teleport characters) so I can actually practice my PW team. Well, any team would do. People quit after winning twice (won't even let me switch to my real team :( ). F10?

Oh, and RR got replaced by Ghost Rider.

sorry degen for randomly disappearing

LakeEarth

What are some of the good strategies/combos to get Frank to level 4 quickly with Wolverine? I have been working on some different teams to try to get L4 Frank, but haven't settled on one yet.

Get a combo with Wolverine, THC into Frank West. Combo camera into his "weapons" hyper, and DHC into Wolverine's speed up move. You have enough time to tag Frank back in and take another picture. You're probably already at level 4.

Degen

@ Razor:

no problem, I was posting random stuff in the chat like I usually do lol. good shit picking up Riiiiiiiiiiiderrrrr

Razor210

@ Razor:

no problem, I was posting random stuff in the chat like I usually do lol. good shit picking up Riiiiiiiiiiiderrrrr

More like I realized that I needed an assist that was both OTG and had defensive properties. Ghost Rider fits the bill. The only way PW can actually hit you is through air throws. Nothing else - you just block the non-existent mixup.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
YES THE THEME SONGS ARE BACK!

I was crying of laughter last week when they were playing the NWO themes :lol

ANIMAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY

EDIT: And he won too :lol :lol :lol

Neki

ha, no two hulks for you, rofl. I don't care though, if Degen and Panda want to run the same old boring teams, fine by me and beef.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom