• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a "Super Armor" title. Oh lawd.
KuGsj.gif

LakeEarth

I know how dumb this sounds, but is there a good Wolverine guide out there? I know he's supposedly easy mode, but I can't seem to open up people at all. I'm missing something cause the Wolverine in my new team is just a wasted slot right now.

Jenga

Banned
I know how dumb this sounds, but is there a good Wolverine guide out there? I know he's supposedly easy mode, but I can't seem to open up people at all. I'm missing something cause the Wolverine in my new team is just a wasted slot right now.

What assists you using?

Tobe

slash for crossups, j.l call assist into j.s for the instant overheads, good stagger strings into dive kick/slash works wonders. learn how to abuse L without going into SWISSSS CHEESEEEE.

since slash is not completely derp anymore, try fishing with standing L since it has a huge hitbox, also cr.l is a good move to fish things.
your whole goal as logan is to keep them ground by using dive kick in a smart/derp way and then just go for instant overhead, and slash. good assist are really important for logan bffs are still good, tho drones are good too, look for something that stays for a fucking long time on the screen.

LakeEarth

What assists you using?
Frank West shopping cart, Spencer's slant shot. I'm having a hard time continuing the combo off of a shopping cart hit.

My main issue is keeping in. People say that Wolvie is a character immune to push blocking but it's screwing up my game plan, that's for sure.

EDIT - the instant overhead advice is money, thanks.

Tobe

Frank West shopping cart, Spencer's slant shot. I'm having a hard time continuing the combo off of a shopping cart hit.

My main issue is keeping in. People say that Wolvie is a character immune to push blocking but it's screwing up my game plan, that's for sure.

i recommend watching options select's ryan hunter explaining of pushblock in mvc3/umvc3
it is a double edge sword, watch the timing on the pushblock so you accordingly slash backed up by an assist

Dahbomb

Wolverine mix ups:

*Instant overhead j.L. Combine with an assist or air X factor to get a combo off of it.

*Berserker Slash mix up. At close range, throw out B Slash M plus assist for an unreactable left/right mix up.

*Dive kick cross up. Learn the range at which it crosses up. Abuse it.

*Dash under into Berserker Slash. Works great against in coming character. They try to react to the dash under and then get left/right into death.

*Cross under Drill claw into Dive kick. This is called the "Chinatown" mix up in the guide. Essentially when the character is coming in do a drill claw right under them. The disjointed hit box may cross up and it's completely ambiguous.

*Dive kick + air throw OS or Jump up f+H into Drill claw Dive kick.

*Tons of stagger, frame traps and footsie options that can open up opponents or bait out a button/advance guard/jump clip.
People say that Wolvie is a character immune to push blocking but it's screwing up my game plan, that's for sure.
Time their push block with a Berserker Slash H. It completely negates it and you are back in. Add in an assist for full on advance guard negating pressure. Most good players are going to AG any button of Wolverine so learn to bait out those AGs with staggers.

Dahbomb

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/1/17/kubodsgarden-japans-first-offline-umvc3-major.html

First Japanese Marvel major tournament.

ITS A MAHVERRU!!!

Beaten apparently.

Doesn't Wolverine's c.L miss most crouchers now when he's not in speed up/x-factor?
What?

Also hype/smash talk Japanese Marvel exhibition match:

Special Concept Match: LiquidMetal vs SpinKing FT10

Start Time: When main event concludes

Info: LiquidMetal is a player who needs no introduction. He made a name for himself in MVC2 as one of Japan's best, and has traveled to the U.S. several times to compete in past Evo tournaments. SpinKing is a more recent face who is now widely regarded as one of the top MVC3 players of Japan.

While rivalries in the Japanese fighting game community are uncommon, this is what you might call a "Grudge Match" similar to Clockw0rk/Neo or Knives/Noel Brown. LiquidMetal and SpinKing are known in Japan as the only MVC3 players who have talked a ton of smack about each other! Watch them throw down and settle things in-game for what's sure to be a high-tension set!

Dahbomb

Are we talking about Wolverine j.L instant overhead or his c.L? His j.L instant overheads still work the only thing that was changed was that you can't mash j.L anymore to do like double overhead. It has to be tight now. I haven't checked on all characters but it functions similar to his vanilla version.

Crouching L not hitting crouching opponents is LOL. That looks like a typo.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Nope. Rules are rules. I can let the no using same characters thing slide for team-mates but it is still character locked. Pick three and that's it.

Anything that happens will happen on Thursday. I never stream whenever Big Two is on. Mainly because I want to catch some of it myself.

Solune

Massive set with Beef GGs! Penance Stare after Slow was hilarious. Also my Chris is free as fuck =(. Need to look for a new team. Vergil 2nd slot is working better Ultimoo, but I still don't like Doom anchor, even if I scrape off some wins with him.

Massive set with Beef GGs! Penance Stare after Slow was hilarious. Also my Chris is free as fuck =(. Need to look for a new team. Vergil 2nd slot is working better Ultimoo, but I still don't like Doom anchor, even if I scrape off some wins with him.

GGs Solune. That fuckin' Penance Stare...
KuGsj.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
OH SHIIIEEEET!!!!!! FGC drama is the BEST drama!!!

damn, idk what will come out of this but this is some RAW shit. this is something i would expect noel pulling not jago but then again i dont really know this ppl, i just see their stream persona. hope that this clears up and if remix is telling the truth then i hope jago has the balls to accept it.
EMP mothafuckin Remix baby!

Haha. That's some scummy shit though if true.

The video is made that much more awesome because it's in front of the EMP trophy chest haha

Bizazedo

For a "development company", this'd make me wary of doing business with them. I wouldnt' want any of my dealings with them aired on YT.

That being said, entertainment wise for voyeur types, it's great.

They had to go ask Triforce for the "ok" to do a show? lol
Also lol worthy, but if they were trying to position it as a show FROM EMP, they'd have to.

Grecco

For a "development company", this'd make me wary of doing business with them. I wouldnt' want any of my dealings with them aired on YT.

That being said, entertainment wise for voyeur types, it's great.

Also lol worthy, but if they were trying to position it as a show FROM EMP, they'd have to.

Goes to show you the hilarity that is EMP. Then this yugioh player and remix complain about people who left EMP after the Dieminion thing. LOL. Can you blame them? Can you blame Yipes for getting a much better situation with Brokentier?

Kimosabae

Banned
Masta CJ thinks Magneto is mid tier. Wat is this i dont even.

Eh. I can see it. Problem isn't the potential Mags has as much as how much the effort placed into playing a character like him is whittled to pointless right now due to how much easier it is to succeed with the ABCD club (Wesker, Spencer, Wolverine etc.) and their less-precise hitboxes granting them so much ground control and easy confirms. Superjumping in this game, generally, gets you killed, but Mags even more so due to the air dash nerfs, and a precise j. S hitbox so he doesn't control that space either. His neutral game is just subpar, but he's a combo/reset monster. Maybe down the road those easier to play characters will be mitigated and Mags will rise - but as long as the damage in this game is so high, that doesn't seem possible.

Grecco

Eh. I can see it. Problem isn't the potential Mags has as much as how much the effort placed into playing a character like him is whittled to pointless right now due to how much easier it is to succeed with the ABCD club (Wesker, Spencer, Wolverine etc.) and their less-precise hitboxes granting them so much ground control and easy confirms. Superjumping in this game, generally, gets you killed, but Mags even more so due to the air dash nerfs, and a precise j. S hitbox so he doesn't control that space either. His neutral game is just subpar, but he's a combo/reset monster. Maybe down the road those easier to play characters will be mitigated and Mags will rise - but as long as the damage in this game is so high, that doesn't seem possible.

If you want to make an argument that Magneto is a lesser character in part because theres characters that are easy to use, then wouldnt this apply to Viper?

Kimosabae

Banned
If you want to make an argument that Magneto is a lesser character in part because theres characters that are easy to use, then wouldnt this apply to Viper?

Potentially, yes. Difference is: everyone has convinced themselves long ago Viper is an S-tier character, so even if a year from now only Marlinpie's still playing her, she'll still be placed at the top of tier lists, despite always proving how unlikely/hard it is to win utilizing her. People have a strong bias regarding the character in general.

Azure J

Damn, looks like I took a longer than expected break from Marvel GAF. I've been trying to keep up and watch Kadey's series of themed battles, but man my net is so ass lately. :(

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Just played against a Spider-man player who seemed to really bank on otg assist -> whatever air tech I do -> Ultimate web throw. Doesn't seem to work on Thor or Hulk. With Thor I just tech back and air dash upback. With Hulk I also teched backwards and used j.H.

Also I stopped a hail mary Maximum Spider with a Thor j.L.

Good times... Good times...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom