• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lol @ the shit talk.

Good luck Dahbomb. I know a bunch of people taking those same types of exams tomorrow. Brutal shit.
Yeah, my brother has a slew of law exams all week, day after day, two more next week too. Stressful times, even I'm drowning in my petty schoolwork ATM.

I honestly don't think I'll have time to play Marvel continuously again until April after my semester ends :| Maybe then I can at least get into the groove and start practicing for Toryuken though, I've got a long road ahead though.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
jbyQz1Al0Soruo.png

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yeah, my brother has a slew of law exams all week, day after day, two more next week too. Stressful times, even I'm drowning in my petty schoolwork ATM.

I honestly don't think I'll have time to play Marvel continuously again until April after my semester ends :| Maybe then I can at least get into the groove and start practicing for Toryuken though, I've got a long road ahead though.

Life has been keeping me from leveling up in this game something crazy. I'm a pretty fast learner when it comes to fighters, but yea. Life gives no fucks when it wants to throw a monkey wrench in things. >:/

Odinson

Life has been keeping me from leveling up in this game something crazy. I'm a pretty fast learner when it comes to fighters, but yea. Life gives no fucks when it wants to throw a monkey wrench in things. >:/

Yea time has not been on my side. I'm still trying to grind away every chance I get.

Degen

Against the computer? Pick Ghost Rider, jumping S repeatedly, win.

The funny thing is that they'll keep calling their assists out so you'll tag both of them. God forbid you decide to combo after it

Tobe

So, I bought this game and I can't even get through arcade on normal -_-. Tips?

do you want to play for fun mashing buttons and stuff or do you wanna be some what competitive?

also pick the guide which is really good.

for now just pick LMHS type characters and play training mode with random block on, so you can practice how to stay cool once you land a hit.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
The interview with CJ was pretty awesome. You can tell he loves the game. Mags in mid-tier is definitely mystifying though.

Side-note: *spies Maggy Force Field tech* ^_^ Fuck Ghost Rider's j.S and Dante's Hammer.

Watch me still get blown up by both. Nice to have this ill ass option though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, I bought this game and I can't even get through arcade on normal -_-. Tips?
Remember to use assists to cover your advance/defense. Choose assists to compliment your characters weaknesses.

The AI is pretty predictable on normal, it will teeter between not blocking and just standing there and going full out offense back and forth. So try to snoop those moments out.

Learn how to control space, when to throw something out to let the AI know to get back when you need some space.

The AI is stupid and doesn't know how to deal with armor, so use characters that have armor on some of their moves like Sent's cr.M and Hulk's standing H, etc.

Pick Wesker on anchor (your last character), push random buttons, win.

Frantic

Who here plays Strider? What kind of damage are you guys getting out of him?
My main combo starting with Formation B does about 430-460k meterless depending on the first hit, and my non-Formation B combo does about 350-370k depending on the starter. I tend to go for meterless combos into resets, since Legion doesn't do enough damage and Strider's combos don't build enough meter to justify spending the bar. Usually, I go for resets with Formation A1 > Teleport L or M after a hard knockdown. It's really ambiguous, and I haven't had anyone block it successfully.

goldenpp72

I've been using zero, frank west and then someone random inbetween, and i'd like to learn to be competitive of course :) I'll try mission mode.

Trying mission mode now i feel it kind of does a poor job of teaching me what stuff is, i don't know what a chain combo or X factor is..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've been using zero, frank west and then someone random inbetween, and i'd like to learn to be competitive of course :) I'll try mission mode.
If your really dead set on getting competitive, the official game guide is good recommendation. Great piece of literature right there. Otherwise, YT is a great resource, there are tons of competent guides out there.

I'd recommend the team building guide in the OP as a good read for a beginner to get you thinking.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
If you're losing to a guy with one dimensional game-play, playing a one dimensional character, does that mean you're a zero dimensional player? you don't even exist on this plane of existence because you're just so bad. All you do is spam tri-jump on Thor, standing H on Hulk, and Hawkeye? Let's not even talk about your Hawkeye, all I know is the only combo you know on him is gimlet, x-factor, gimlet. That's a pretty high skill cap combo right there, don't hurt yourself pulling off those abc combos on hulk too, 750k for a hulk combo that only includes one charge move and one QCB motion? if only all brain dead characters could get away with that. I'm surprised you don't play Wesker, ABCS, ABCS. That's right up your alley. Don't hurt yourself thinking about concepts such as doing srk motions or actually pressing buttons with a rhythm, we wouldn't want our favourite panda to get hurt.

Wait hold on now. We're talking about how "good" someone's execution is in this game when nearly every combo is the easiest thing in the world? Ok fine we'll play by your genius rules. My optimal Thor combo has 2 DPs and an RDP I guess that's way harder than anything any of your characters have to do.

So what? Do SRKs impress you or something?

"This combo has 4 srks in it, he must be MarlinPie!"

Tobe

i recommend reading maj's footsie handbook since im betting you are kinda new to fighting games its better that you learn really well all of your fundamentals. since they are and always will be the most important aspect of every fighting game out there.

also getting a partner at your level does wonders since you can level up both and compete with each other to see who is the best. Join lobbies, get wrecked learn what you did wrong.

combos are the least important thing right now since they actually dont matter if you can never touch a dude.

Domination 101 by Seth Killian is a really good read for understanding mentally and improving your mental game.

you also would want to read David Sirlin's Playing to Win book (its free online) as it covers a lot of the things covered in domination 101 with another point of view.

Dahbomb

Just gave my exam for Obstetrics. Did fairly well, feels good man etc.

Seems like I missed some Morrigan on Morrigan action at the Big 2.

Also WNF wins now count towards EVO qualifier points. It's on front page of SRK.

Neki

Wait hold on now. We're talking about how "good" someone's execution is in this game when nearly every combo is the easiest thing in the world? Ok fine we'll play by your genius rules. My optimal Thor combo has 2 DPs and an RDP I guess that's way harder than anything any of your characters have to do.

So what? Do SRKs impress you or something?

"This combo has 4 srks in it, he must be MarlinPie!"

At least I know that you can comprehend you know how to press more than one button a time if you have to do an srk motion. Otherwise, I just imagine Panda sitting there looking at his controllers pressing aaa, bbbb, cccc, ssss, aaaa, bbbb, cccc, ssss, qcb + abababababab and looking up at the screen and clapping his hands wildly at the big damage he did.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
At least I know that you can comprehend you know how to press more than one button a time if you have to do an srk motion. Otherwise, I just imagine Panda sitting there looking at his controllers pressing aaa, bbbb, cccc, ssss, aaaa, bbbb, cccc, ssss, qcb + abababababab and looking up at the screen and clapping his hands wildly at the big damage he did.
What the hell?

Well whether or not we win tomorrow at least I know I can make a coherent argument.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't get it, are you guys competing over who can mash H the hardest? Pretty sure Ulti is top tier at that. I guess after one wins though you will still both suck. Just one of you will suck less.

Professor's Beef Waifu =D
Huh?
Beef is a fraud
Oh I see how it is.
I'll take Sloth place and play Beef =D
With that waste of space you call MODOK? Might as well declare me the winner right now.

And look at Panda talking all that good shit. They say that all men are created equal...but you look at me and you look at Panda, and you can see that statement is not true. See normally in Marvel you go 1 on 1 and you've got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm Professor Beef, and I'm not normal, so you've got a 25% chance at best of beating me. And then you add Degen to the mix? Your chances of winning drastically go down.

See, between me/Panda/Degen, you have a 33 1/3 chance of winning. But I...I got a 66 2/3 chance of winning because Degen KNOWS he can't beat me, so he's not even going to try. So Panda, you take your 33 1/3 chance and minus my 25% chance, you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning tomorrow. But then you take my 75% chance of winning (if we was to go 1 on 1) and then add 66 2/3 percents...I got a 141 2/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice.

See Panda, the numbers don't lie...and they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Huh?

Oh I see how it is.

With that waste of space you call MODOK? Might as well declare me the winner right now.

And look at Panda talking all that good shit. They say that all men are created equal...but you look at me and you look at Panda, and you can see that statement is not true. See normally in Marvel you go 1 on 1 and you've got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm Professor Beef, and I'm not normal, so you've got a 25% chance at best of beating me. And then you add Degen to the mix? Your chances of winning drastically go down.

See, between me/Panda/Degen, you have a 33 1/3 chance of winning. But I...I got a 66 2/3 chance of winning because Degen KNOWS he can't beat me, so he's not even going to try. So Panda, you take your 33 1/3 chance and minus my 25% chance, you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning tomorrow. But then you take my 75% chance of winning (if we was to go 1 on 1) and then add 66 2/3 percents...I got a 141 2/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice.

See Panda, the numbers don't lie...and they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice.
Oh Beef I'm glad you can talk. Ultimoo is stinking it up. It's like you are Dolph Ziggler and Ultimoo is Jack Swagger.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
What you don't know Beef, is that Degen and I happen to be GAF's Greatest Tag Team. Just because you beat Degen in singles competition a few weeks ago doesn't we won't bring it here.

And Degen well, he just don't give a FUCK.

*cuts to clip from last week

yQKhy.gif

NBSaV.jpg

dat Rogue Statue

Seph plays MODOK.

I play Mag.

:O

And both ya'll look alike.

What you don't know Beef, is that Degen and I happen to be GAF's Greatest Tag Team. Just because you beat Degen in singles competition a few weeks ago doesn't we won't bring it here.

And Degen well, he just don't give a FUCK.

*cuts to clip from last week

yQKhy.gif
I'd call Degen the Brooklyn Brawler of MarvelGAF, but that would be insulting the Brooklyn Brawler. If anything, he's the Virgil to your Ted DiBiase.

SmokeMaxX

Anybody have any good advice on how to TOUCH a good Zero? If I touch him, he's dead. The problem is touching him...

Cap/Mags/Sent.

He plays Zero/Dorm/Task (changes the order whenever he feels like it).

Jenga

Banned
fuck off vergil you fucking cunt

sick of fighting 22000 vergils in a fucking row christ

so anyways, hawkeye has a shitload of trouble against c.viper and dormammu

worst matchups by far, barring xf and meter shenanigans. although depending on the dorm I can trip em up by moving in with H trick maneuver

Tobe

Anybody have any good advice on how to TOUCH a good Zero? If I touch him, he's dead. The problem is touching him...

Cap/Mags/Sent.

He plays Zero/Dorm/Task (changes the order whenever he feels like it).

think of it this way, when two forces crash they destroy each other, just cruise around zero and throw stuff at the screen (smartly) don try to shoot him, shoot his surroundings, he will slowly but surely die cause of him being reckless

fuck off vergil you fucking cunt

sick of fighting 22000 vergils in a fucking row christ

so anyways, hawkeye has a shitload of trouble against c.viper and dormammu

worst matchups by far, barring xf and meter shenanigans. although depending on the dorm I can trip em up by moving in with H trick maneuver

Dormammu's anti-projectile normals are <3

SmokeMaxX

think of it this way, when two forces crash they destroy each other, just cruise around zero and throw stuff at the screen (smartly) don try to shoot him, shoot his surroundings, he will slowly but surely die cause of him being reckless

When I say touch him, I mean seriously touch him with anything. What am I supposed to hit him with? Crescent shot, crescent shot, task assist, crescent shot, etc. IF I can get him on the ground (which isn't likely since he has no reason to be scared to go into the air). Spacing is impeccable.

Dahbomb

Wesker and Sentinel has always been popular.

Captain America is just really easy to play now and you can do solid damage with easy mode combos. Plus he goes through zoning like a hot knife through butter. Cap + Sentinel was a patented combination and he USED to be played with an OTG assist but now he doesn't need it anymore.

Sentinel = Armor, easy mode damage, easy mode hit confirms and Drones

Wesker = Wesker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom