• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been here before. Another grudge match? Beat the man senseless. 1-2-3. Then leave as I enter the GAFFLE-U GAFFLE-U E champion. Maybe I'll take my time, and have a little fun. Then I'll move on to a real challenge.

I'm A Pretty Panda. YOU'RE NOT FIGHTING THE ODDS ULTIMOO YOU'RE FIGHTING ME. I've beaten Legends, Great Ones, Professors. You. Are. NO ONE.

They say there's NO. WAY. OUT.

I can think of at least 1.

Can you?
I don’t hate you, Panda. I don’t even dislike you. I like you a hell of a lot more than I like most of the other people in the thread! I hate...this idea...that you’re the best, because you’re not. I’m the best. I’m the best in the world. There’s one thing you’re better at than I am, and that’s kissing Kadey's ass. You’re as good at kissing Kadey's ass as Markman was.

I am the best...Marvel player...on GAF. I’ve been the best ever since Day One when I walked into this message board, and I’ve been vilified and hated since that day because Paul Heyman saw something in me that nobody else wanted to admit. That’s right, I’m a Paul Heyman guy. You know who else was a Paul Heyman guy? Segata Sanshiro...and he split, just like I’m splittin’, but the biggest difference between me and Segata is that I’m going to leave with the GAF Championship.

I’ve grabbed so many of Kadey's imaginary brass rings that it’s finally dawned on me that they’re just that. They’re completely imaginary. The only thing that’s real is me, and the fact that day in and day out, for almost six months, I’ve proved to everybody on GAF that I am the best on this keyboard, in SF and MvC, and even on commentary. Nobody can touch me. And yet, no matter how many times I prove it, I’m not on your lovely little GAF T-Shirts, I’m not in the OP of the thread, I’m barely promoted, I don’t get to be on Youtube, I’m not on any crappy show by FC Jago, I’m not on the poster of EVOLUTION, I’m not on the signature that’s produced at the start of The Break. I’m not on Team Spooky, I’m not on EMP, but the fact of the matter is I should be, and trust me, this isn’t sour grapes, but the fact that "Daigo" is in the main event of EVO next year and I’m not makes me sick!

I’m leaving with the GAF championship and hell, who knows, maybe I’ll go defend it on GameFAQS...maybe I’ll go back to CheapAssGamer...

YMeng.gif

Hi Uraizen, how you doing?

The reason I’m leaving you people is because after I’m gone you’re still going to pour money into this message board — I’m just a spoke on the wheel — the wheel’s gonna keep turning. And I understand that...that Evilore is gonna make money despite himself...he’s a millionaire who should be a billionaire...you know why he’s not a billionaire? It’s because he surrounds himself with glad-handing nonsensical douchebag yes-men like Teknopathic, who’s gonna tell him everything he wants to hear...and I’d like to think that maybe this board will be better after Evilore is dead, but the fact is it’s gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family.

Let me tell you a personal story about Kadey. You know we do this whole TwitchTV campaign... *mic cuts off*

d409H.jpg

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I don’t hate you, Panda. I don’t even dislike you. I like you a hell of a lot more than I like most of the other people in the thread! I hate...this idea...that you’re the best, because you’re not. I’m the best. I’m the best in the world. There’s one thing you’re better at than I am, and that’s kissing Kadey's ass. You’re as good at kissing Kadey's ass as Markman was.

I am the best...Marvel player...on GAF. I’ve been the best ever since Day One when I walked into this message board, and I’ve been vilified and hated since that day because Paul Heyman saw something in me that nobody else wanted to admit. That’s right, I’m a Paul Heyman guy. You know who else was a Paul Heyman guy? Segata Sanshiro...and he split, just like I’m splittin’, but the biggest difference between me and Segata is that I’m going to leave with the GAF Championship.

I’ve grabbed so many of Kadey's imaginary brass rings that it’s finally dawned on me that they’re just that. They’re completely imaginary. The only thing that’s real is me, and the fact that day in and day out, for almost six months, I’ve proved to everybody on GAF that I am the best on this keyboard, in SF and MvC, and even on commentary. Nobody can touch me. And yet, no matter how many times I prove it, I’m not on your lovely little GAF T-Shirts, I’m not in the OP of the thread, I’m barely promoted, I don’t get to be on Youtube, I’m not on any crappy show by FC Jago, I’m not on the poster of EVOLUTION, I’m not on the signature that’s produced at the start of The Break. I’m not on Team Spooky, I’m not on EMP, but the fact of the matter is I should be, and trust me, this isn’t sour grapes, but the fact that "Daigo" is in the main event of EVO next year and I’m not makes me sick!

I’m leaving with the GAF championship and hell, who knows, maybe I’ll go defend it on GameFAQS...maybe I’ll go back to CheapAssGamer...

http://i.imgur.com/YMeng.gif[IMG]

Hi Uraizen, how you doing?

The reason I’m leaving you people is because after I’m gone you’re still going to pour money into this message board — I’m just a spoke on the wheel — the wheel’s gonna keep turning. And I understand that...that Evilore is gonna make money despite himself...he’s a millionaire who [I]should be a billionaire[/I]...you know why he’s not a billionaire? It’s because he surrounds himself with glad-handing nonsensical douchebag yes-men like Teknopathic, who’s gonna tell him everything he wants to hear...and I’d like to think that maybe this board will be better after Evilore is dead, but the fact is it’s gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family.

Let me tell you a personal story about Kadey. You know we do this whole TwitchTV campaign... *mic cuts off*

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/d409H.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GZqVe.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
After reading Beef's beautiful soliloquy.. that's it. We need to make the GAF Tourney happen for real. If Kadey isn't willing to do it, I am willing to do the organization. We don't need any prizes aside from someone knowing down pact that they are THE BEST. Fuck being a high roller, the real prize is immunity from yellow cards and the right to talk shit without consequence. We could have 2 tourneys run; one PSN, one Live one. Winner or winners get to change their middle name to Mike Ross in honor of the people's champ Mike "Mike Ross" Ross. And a championship belt.

What do you guys think of this proposition? And if your with it, Double Elim or Round Robin? 3/5?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Winner or winners get to change their middle name to Mike Ross in honor of the people's champ Mike "Mike Ross" Ross. And a championship belt.

What do you guys think of this proposition? And if your with it, Double Elim or Round Robin? 3/5?

I already have five names, that'd bump me up to seven. I don't know if I could handle that.

Sigmaah

I would love to participate in a mahvel tourney! I also wanna play some of you guys, I've been stalking MahvelGAF for a while now lol

Solune

I do this all the time, mang. I like the double dodge we both had the last couple nights. Either way, I finally settled on a team, so I'm ready to blow you up. Teach me Spencer, thnx.

Haha, yah been grinding marvel and GUNDAMU. I'm ok tonight if PSN is functioning properly. I learned recently that my Spencer is sloppy auto-pilot bullshit that lets me win, but I'm ok with this.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Hey Beef boy. This isn't about you and this isn't about me. This is about the GAF Championship. And it's easy for you to sit there and act all noble and holier than now when you've been given opportunity after opportunity. See you've been placed on a pedestal. Your perceptive is skewed see you look down on everyone, you look down on me. I'll give you an example- a few days ago I won my first show match here on GAF I won the second HBR. The next day you, who never said a single word towards me, pat me on the back and said "good match congratulations champ I almost gave up on you". I hold grudges, and ever since then I've had a sour taste in my mouth because who the hell do you think you are? YOU gave up on me? You know who gave up Mister Gaming Age Forums, you want to know who gave up on their dream? You did when you moved to California to become a Marvel player because you couldn't hack it in the digital world.

Here's the thing Beef boy a few months ago in Kadey's lobby you walked in and you won your first grudge match. Congratulations because tonight you're walking back into Kadey's lobby and you're walking out with NOTHING. Oh sure you'll still be around, maybe adopt another Agumon, you'll have you're big fight with Degen which is great. And you'll still have your legion of fans who are gonna pee in their pajamas every time they think about you. You know what you're not gonna have Beef boy? You're not gonna have the GAF championship. You will not be the GAF champion because the GAF Champion... will be me.

Hey Beef boy. This isn't about you and this isn't about me. This is about the GAF Championship. And it's easy for you to sit there and act all noble and holier than now when you've been given opportunity after opportunity. See you've been placed on a pedestal. Your perceptive is skewed see you look down on everyone, you look down on me. I'll give you an example- a few days ago I won my first show match here on GAF I won the second HBR. The next day you, who never said a single word towards me, pat me on the back and said "good match congratulations champ I almost gave up on you". I hold grudges, and ever since then I've had a sour taste in my mouth because who the hell do you think you are? YOU gave up on me? You know who gave up Mister Gaming Age Forums, you want to know know who gave up on their dream? You did when you moved to California to become a Marvel player because you couldn't hack it in the digital world.

Here's the thing Beef boy a few months ago in Kadey's lobby you walked in and you won your first grudge match. Congratulations because tonight you're walking back into Kadey's lobby and you're walking out with NOTHING. Oh sure you'll still be around, maybe adopt another Agumon, you'll have you're big fight with Degen which is great. And you'll still have your legion of fans who are gonna pee in their pajamas every time they think about you. You know what you're not gonna have Beef boy? You're not gonna have the GAF championship. You will not be the GAF champion because the GAF Champion... will be me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTjUSThWF8Q&feature=related

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
eww more wrestling inspired crap on mahvel gaf.

http://i.imgur.com/WWJrI.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I've seen Justin Wong tweet to John Cena saying "you're the best" or something like that one time.

The crossover of fighting game fans and wrestling fans is pretty strong I think.

[quote="Killa Sasa, post: 34409491"][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTjUSThWF8Q&feature=related[/url][/QUOTE]

Haha those 2 guys imitating him without actual microphones.

smurfx

get some go again
I've seen Justin Wong tweet to John Cena saying "you're the best" or something like that one time.

The crossover of fighting game fans and wrestling fans are pretty strong I think.

Haha those 2 guys imitating him with actual microphones.
anime is stronger though.

LakeEarth

I had a fun little moment. Vergil on the magic pixel, I'm with Spencer. We both hyper almost at the same time.

BIIIIIOOOOOONIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCC
Don't get too cocky.
ARRRRRMMMM!! (KO flash)

I've tried to use Spencer as a Frank West buff, but it doesn't work that good. You can DHC bionic manuevers into a whiffed weapons hyper and get a camera shot, use forward claw assist with Spencer and take another camera shot to get double experience. Problem is Spencer really isn't a multi-hit character and I usually only get to level 3 even with the double camera shot.

Razor210

At this point, any grudge matches played need to be a FT15. Nothing less is valid. Also, I'd play a set with whoever is decided to be the "best" once you guys are all done arguing over H and SRK motions.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I would love to participate in a mahvel tourney! I also wanna play some of you guys, I've been stalking MahvelGAF for a while now lol
Thats totally cool.

I want to hear if there's more interest for one though, I feel like it needs to happen.

You guys are so damn corny with these wrestling promos. -=jumps off cliff=-

Match to happen in like 2 hours.
iiz0zhAmcd73t.gif

Also Kadey are you still planning on running an eventual UMvC3 tourney or not? I wanna get something started if your not.

EDIT: Also, did you delete the archive for the first Live HBR? I was just checking my links and it doesn't work anymore.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I can't even begin to describe how weird the stuff in this video is.

I liked the damage numbers though. Not even sure if they were accurate at the time or arbitrary.

Na they had match videos around this time and the numbers were still there. Remember how every pre-release match ended in a time out?

I remember that whenever someone would xfactor they camera would zoom in on the character that activated it and it definitely took away from the flow of the action.

Jenga

Banned
i feel like taskmaster right now

just from observing all the vergils and caps I have deciphered all their strategies

vergil:

do beam assist and teleport for left/right mixup, if no beam just spam overhead teleport and either do shitty divekick or j.s and into bnb

cap:

spam shield desperately in conjunction with assists until you hit and do bnb

i feel like i've already mastered these characters!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So who exactly is fighting?

Twitch probably deleted that or I did it by accident. I don't remember doing it so it's Twitch. They usually have that 7 days deletion thing.

No people means no tournament. I don't do anything with no less than 32 committed people. You can start one yourself if you feel the need.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So who exactly is fighting?

Twitch probably deleted that or I did it by accident. I don't remember doing it so it's Twitch. They usually have that 7 days deletion thing.

No people means no tournament. I don't do anything with no less than 32 committed people. You can start one yourself if you feel the need.

Degen and Ultimoo seem to be mia. I'll play beef if he's down for that. I'm not really feeling the whole "grudge match vibe" anyways tonight.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Eh it's fine. I'm kind of tired anyways. I think if I played Ultimoo right now I'd lose.

You want to make this somewhat interesting? How about if you beat me you can change your avatar back sooner. Like Saturday or something. I think that'd be half a month of you using that avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom