• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Degen

Hulk all day F yeah!

3Tibj.jpg

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ownedwheelchair-1.jpg

This about sums up tonight's main event. I'm calling you jokers out, there is no way you deserve any kind of respect after those trash ass games. Team armor, more like Team Pressing Buttons is Hard

GOD THIS FUCKING RAW TAG MORRIGAN COMBO IS HARD AS FUCK GAH

I can only get the BnB I posted like 1/10 times, I keep fucking up the raw tag from hyper grav. The timing to get the Shadow Blade out is retarded. I mean, I knew it would be bad when I started because there's a tiny ass window to combo after a raw tag, but it's still annoying. I can do the alioune loop like it's nothing now, so I'm sure I just need practice on this like anything else. Bleh.

Neki

that loss is my fault. Beef played hard, but I couldn't clutch it out for him. :(
Why did you try to go for refly combos, Ultimoo?

whyyyyyyyy

naw, the fact that both of them can DHC into Hulk means I can't take one hit or I'm dead, so. :O

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I feel so so sick right now.

GGs. No pop off.

I'm retiring from grudge matches until I learn to calm the fuck down when playing on stream and also just improve in general.

*Fucktard Q response "hurr I guess he'll never play again durr"

I will play you eventually, certainly not tomorrow because I'm busy and well absolutely sick.

And thank you Degen for getting those early wins and agreeing to this in general. Wouldn't have won otherwise.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Team Grudge Match archives is up. Beef/Ultimoo vs Panda/Degen.
http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/306007231

Panda and Degen takes it 20-15.

Beef's avatar expires on Feb 3rd. So his new one will extend to March 3rd.

Panda and Degen has to decide the avatars.

Q calls out the winning team. It's up to them to accept and when.

Thanks to the people that tuned in.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

GGs. No pop off.

I'm retiring from grudge matches until I learn to calm the fuck down when playing on stream and also just improve in general.

I will play you eventually, certainly not tomorrow because I'm busy and well absolutely sick.

And thank you Degen for getting those early wins and agreeing to this in general. Wouldn't have won otherwise.

Hurr I guess you'll never play again durr. You know why? Cause your ass will never improve. You make God's Beard look like evo championship material.

GGs. No pop off.

All Q does is talk, don't worry. Unless he dropped Firebrand and improved drastically, then there's nothing to worry about.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The only thing that suffering the past few hours has taught me is that this whole thing was stupid to begin with. We are all free. Every single one of us, that includes you Q. See it doesn't matter if you are an excellent shit talker (Q) or the absolute worse (Ultimoo) you suck shit if you think any sort of online results prove anything. You can sit behind your computer and talk shit all day but it doesn't matter if you have yet to enter any sort of real tournament and done even halfway decent.

I'm going to sleep now. Q is gonna "get" me good. But you know what? I don't even care. Nothing he can say will have the slightest of impact on me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
GB is EVO fighting game material if fighting games were text-based.

We can do regular team matches from now on. Live GAF is up today. So if you want to team up against another team. State it here. Same rules apply. Character locked, randomized order, first to 20. But no avatar bets or anything. That's just for grudge matches.

Of course to make things easier for me. State team names and color. And opposing teams cannot have the same color.

Degen

GGs. No pop off.

Good stuff, man. Good matches all around. I was getting a little nervous once they started to catch on to my game. Barely did anything I planned to do, either, lol

(Q is an overrated retired Ric Flair gutter trash Firebrand scrub who needs to go back to his konnichiwa tsunami kawaii anime fighters TBQH)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Good stuff, man. Good matches all around. I was getting a little nervous once they started to catch on to my game. Barely did anything I planned to do, either, lol

(Q is an overrated retired Ric Flair gutter trash Firebrand scrub who needs to go back to his konnichiwa tsunami kawaii anime fighters TBQH)

Says the guy who's entire team is shut down by one of the worst characters in the game.

You mean the same firebrand that ran through your entire team?

Yeah, that happened. And I'm sure we've both improved since my derp-as-shit days. But you're talking like you just got done beating Bum, Wong and Combofiend one after another when I'm pretty damn sure that you ain't even that good. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm any better, but if you're going to make huge claims like "I've got an evo-winning team" then you better be able to back it up, which is why I'm going to be keeping a close eye on the stream tomorrow for when you play. Shit-talk is fun, but when you're spitting the vitriol that you have, it tends to get unfun extremely quickly. So until you prove otherwise, stay free.

Get better soon Panda. And GGs to you and Degen.

Neki

I apologize for the excessive delays though, that is my fault. It's so late here and all I wanted to do was play Marvel and sleep, lol.

Tobe

Degen said:
:lol, but going in serious mode anime fighters are awesome, sadly my community rarely plays them so im all alone on that one.
playing AH3 alone is no fun even with all the lolis

GB is EVO fighting game material if fighting games were text-based.

We can do regular team matches from now on. Live GAF is up today. So if you want to team up against another team. State it here. Same rules apply. Character locked, randomized order, first to 20. But no avatar bets or anything. That's just for grudge matches.

Of course to make things easier for me. State team names and color. And opposing teams cannot have the same color.

tough call probably biz cause i cant stand playing in really laggy environment.... but my heart says cita <3

kirblar

Justin with fun tech on his stream right now- he's found other "team cancels" (like Weskers) in the game. Wesker's teleport can also be Team Hyper-cancelled, as can She Hulk's Slide, Arthur's projectiles, Felicia's something, Jill's teleport, and most crazily- Amaterasu's Cold Star.

Justin with fun tech on his stream right now- he's found other "team cancels" (like Weskers) in the game. Wesker's teleport can also be Team Hyper-cancelled, as can She Hulk's Slide, Arthur's projectiles, Felicia's something, Jill's teleport, and most crazily- Amaterasu's Cold Star.

What's the link to his stream?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah, that happened. And I'm sure we've both improved since my derp-as-shit days. But you're talking like you just got done beating Bum, Wong and Combofiend one after another when I'm pretty damn sure that you ain't even that good. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm any better, but if you're going to make huge claims like "I've got an evo-winning team" then you better be able to back it up, which is why I'm going to be keeping a close eye on the stream tomorrow for when you play. Shit-talk is fun, but when you're spitting the vitriol that you have, it tends to get unfun extremely quickly. So until you prove otherwise, stay free.

Get better soon Panda. And GGs to you and Degen.
I'm sorry if I hurt your wittle feelings. Perhaps you want some milk and cookies to feel better?

Kimosabae

Banned
I doubt the THC stuff is a glitch. THC cancelling is under explored - plenty of characters have useful THC cancels from normals and special normals people aren't aware of. I just never thought they were extended to special moves.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I meant to ask the other day, but are there any Canadian players I should look out for on streams? I watch Nini Heart's ill Dante and Zero matches and Joker's ridiculous Magneto/Iron Man combo. What about foreign players in general. I feel ignorant when it comes to people outside of the states.

mr. puppy

Banned
whats new in Vergil strategy land? Are being still trying to Ouroboros him, or are new developments happening? I see every pro has dropped him by now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I meant to ask the other day, but are there any Canadian players I should look out for on streams? I watch Nini Heart's ill Dante and Zero matches and Joker's ridiculous Magneto/Iron Man combo. What about foreign players in general. I feel ignorant when it comes to people outside of the states.
Detrimantix is a big dog that comes down to States majors every once in a while, he ran some pick-a-top-tier Wolverine and Phoenix team I believe in Vanilla. I think it was Team Tokido Wolverine/Sentinel/Phoenix. I wonder how he fairs in UMvC3. Probably plays Zero/Doom/Wesker.

Other than that I'm pretty out of touch with Canuck players too.

Dahbomb

whats new in Vergil strategy land? Are being still trying to Ouroboros him, or are new developments happening? I see every pro has dropped him by now.
Troll post? There are a ton of Vergil players out there pro and lesser known. People like Yipes, Richard, Marn, OMG itz Andre, DacidBro, LPN, Kerahime, Flocker, Winrich still have him on their teams. Others like Jago have him on their secondary. The Vergil players to watch are OmniScythe and Zeus.

New developments depend upon what's considered new vs old. People have figured out the following with Vergil in the span of 2 months:

*Meter positive 750K combo starting off 0 meter, 900K+ combo starting off 10% of 1 bar and over a million with 1 bar. With assists you get more damage off of each of these. OTG assists remain the staple assist for Vergil. Spiral Sword combos are the preferred and most effective combos for Vergil as they net him more damage, more meter build, more post-combo/reset options.

*Vergil is now considered the best character for DHC purposes. From most DHCs he can add 300-400K damage even after max damage scaling has been applied. Having Vergil on your team gives you access to guaranteed touch of deaths for any point character. It's essentially a pseudo DHC glitch.

*The main strategy for Vergil currently is to utilize Devil Trigger on point to dominate match ups. When not Devil Triggered it's advised that you have one assist for horizontal space coverage for mix ups and safety. Due to the discovery of his DHC potential, Vergil is now considered a premiere "2nd" slot character on your team. With DT on, there is no match up he is at a disadvantage against although regular Vergil does well enough in match ups even against the best characters (early in Vergil's life time it was thought that Viper was a bad match up but after discovering that Spiral Sword nullifies projectiles even EX Seismo he is now considered one of the characters who can beat Viper in certain conditions).

*Spiral Swords are mostly used for combos. There have been players like Kerahime who have used Spiral Swords mainly for pressure, lockdown and chip combined with Missiles. This allows Vergil to do a ton of chip damage when combined with Round Trip, Judgment Cut etc. Strategies and reset/mix up options have been discovered with Storm Swords that are detailed in this video. Storm Swords are the ultimate in "anti-anchor" technology where you want to put away the match quickly and prevent a LVL3XF comeback. Blistering Swords is an area of research/development currently, seems like a tool for extended lock down.

*While Spiral Swords are used mostly for combos/DHCs, they can be used for mix ups and unblockable set ups. With an overhead assist like Nova (best for Vergil due to it's range) it set ups brain dead easy unblockables.

*Round Trip is one of Vergil's most powerful tools. It allows him extended lockdown/pressure, self imposed mix ups, set ups on in coming characters and a general dangerous screen presence. It essentially separates the scrub Vergil from the good Vergils. There has been a glitch/bug discovered on RT that allows Vergil to have RT charge continuously and throw out RT without delay/charge time, people have figured out match application for this and it's something that is being fine tuned for match play.

*Helm Breaker is extremely abusive because it can be special cancelled on block or teleport cancelled on whiff. Helm Breaker on block into Lunar Phase Trick down is an actual "safe" block string. Not many people abuse Helm Breaker and with an OTG assist you get near TODs off that.

*Ton of resets/mix ups have been explored and figured out with Vergil rivaling that of Wesker and the other high level mix up characters. Round Trip against an air borne opponent leads into teleport plus dash under cross up mix ups that are pure 50/50s which also work on in coming characters. Anytime Vergil does a Down Slash after using up his ground bounce he can force a roll situation into assist + teleport mix up. Judgment Cut and Rapid Slash have similar start up animations which can throw off people's blocking when used in block strings. Some fuzzy guard set ups with j.H and in DT mode. Lots of air throw resets ala Wesker plus a pseudo jump loop. He can even reset you using his wall bounce. My favorite personal reset with Vergil is the Judgment Cut vortex which I will explain more in a different post. This is Vergil mix ups without even using a bar... with expenditure of meter he gains access to even more powerful reset/mix up options.

*Vergil has the some of the best normals in terms of start up/range ratio is concerned that is mitigated by their long recoveries. Because of this Vergil is one of the most powerful whiff punishers in the game but is also prone to being whiff punished himself. Thanks to his teleports, fast wave dash and massive sword range Vergil is able to happy birthday at a rate higher than many other characters. His abare is considered one of the best in the game and his air throw game is also quite excellent (due to range and easy follow up). Also Vergil can loop assist character body rather easily.

*Tons of gimmicks on the character that no one really uses. Disjointed st.S hit box is literally an ambiguous "cross under" which can be made safe unlike other launchers in the game. A tiger knee Dimension Slash is always a cross up and that can be abused if you need to. Lunar Phase causes a ground bounce which can lead into raw tag combos (hello Viper/Dante). I already mentioned the RT glitch. Rising Sun assist is good if you want the cross over counter option as Rising Sun leads into a BnB for Vergil. DT'd Rapid Slash covers a huge portion of the screen and so does Judgment Cut (Vergil in DT can zone out over half the cast REALLY easily). Starfall can be cancelled into Round Trip on block/hit. You can also make the H Teleport cross up using Round Trip which is so ambiguous that not even the Vergil player will know which side he is on. Vergil has an X factor loop and can combo after his Rapid Slash (which is safe in XF) without using DT in XF. Oh and his swords literally cut through Drones.

I have been playing the character religiously since day 0 and I see and find new stuff on him rather regularly. I have seen other people do stuff with him that I am dying to incorporate/use once I get done with my exams.

Grecco

Yipes current main team is Dante/Hawkeye/Nova maybe he goes back to Vergil but not at this time. Marn dropped Vergil mid SCR iirc after losing with him.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh Yeah.

That was an avatar bet last night huh?

What to choose what to choose......

Since Ultimoo talked oh so much shit I think it should be a pretty fucking awful avatar, any suggestions?

Dahbomb

Yipes current main team is Dante/Hawkeye/Nova maybe he goes back to Vergil but not at this time. Marn dropped Vergil mid SCR iirc after losing with him.
Neither has officially dropped the character. It's like saying Yipes "dropped" Magneto or Marn dropped Magneto because that's not what they are currently playing. They are using various characters and testing the waters. Yipes in particular has been experimenting with Dante, Wesker, Magneto, Vergil, Nova, Hawkeye and a couple of others so it's safe to say that he hasn't settled into a 3 man main team yet.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I was going to slap the "Beat By A Pretty Panda" text I had from Beef's av and put it on Q's avatar and make Ultimoo wear it. Seems logical since Q seems to be the one I'm "feuding" with next.

But I don't think that'd be all that embarrassing for Ultimoo. Got to hit him where it hurts.

Grecco

Neither has officially dropped the character. It's like saying Yipes "dropped" Magneto or Marn dropped Magneto because that's not what they are currently playing. They are using various characters and testing the waters. Yipes in particular has been experimenting with Dante, Wesker, Magneto, Vergil, Nova, Hawkeye and a couple of others so it's safe to say that he hasn't settled into a 3 man main team yet.

They may not have dropped the character but neither is maining him at this point in time.

Grecco

Btw that Japanese MVC3 tourney is tonight/tomorow am. We may see some high level Vergil play so that should make Dahbomb happy. A shame its at the same time i guess as the Topanga league? So no Tokkido.

Dahbomb

That's more reasonable. To be honest I never even considered someone like Marn to be "maining" Vergil to begin with. The effort just isn't there and the way he has constructed his team Vergil feels like a 3rd wheel on a bicycle. All he has to do is put Zero on point, Vergil 2nd and Magneto last.. he is set. But he has this staunch position that he wants Zero in 2nd always which hampers his team synergy.

We may see some high level Vergil play so that should make Dahbomb happy.
I am happy enough as it is. FFIV was a Vergil overdose and I have seen enough Vergil high level play.

Tokido has a Vergil team too by the way (his secondary, main is his Magneto/Doom/Phoenix team). I am going to be missing out on the tournament, exam same time/duration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom