• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Here's a few I was thinking of using. I think I'll leave it to a vote later on. These are not the final selection of shitty avatars though. Remember these are for Ultimoo.

dj3ad.jpg

i57X7.png

Meapv.jpg

JeTmAn81

I would not call what Marn did with Vergil "playing". We have yet to see any high-level players really dominating with Vergil, but he's complex enough that it may take some time before someone can really come to grips with all his tools.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I would not call what Marn did with Vergil "playing". We have yet to see any high-level players really dominating with Vergil, but he's complex enough that it may take some time before someone can really come to grips with all his tools.

Richard Nyugen? Dominating is a bit strong of a word though.

JeTmAn81

Richard Nyugen? Dominating is a bit strong of a word though.

Yeah, he's amazing with any flashy character but that doesn't always translate into wins. I mean a real dominant performance the likes of which we saw in Justin Wong's Iron Fist. The guys at FFIV had some impressive Vergils but they weren't top players IMO.

Solune

Yeah, he's amazing with any flashy character but that doesn't always translate into wins. I mean a real dominant performance the likes of which we saw in Justin Wong's Iron Fist. The guys at FFIV had some impressive Vergils but they weren't top players IMO.

Jwong's performance with Iron Fist was not dominating.

Bizazedo

tough call probably biz cause i cant stand playing in really laggy environment.... but my heart says cita <3

I've got a bunch of people coming over tonight for a local gathering so I won't be on (or if I am, it'll be on PS3, but VS battles).

That being said, weren't you getting PS3 version?

I'm confident my main issues were getting re-used to the PS3 version and my modded controller for it...not that they could handle my main team, anyways, but still.

Get PS3, Tobe, and we'll crush the PSN'ers.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I've got a bunch of people coming over tonight for a local gathering so I won't be on (or if I am, it'll be on PS3, but VS battles).

That being said, weren't you getting PS3 version?

I'm confident my main issues were getting re-used to the PS3 version and my modded controller for it...not that they could handle my main team, anyways, but still.

Get PS3, Tobe, and we'll crush the PSN'ers.
Invaders must die.

Frantic

I kinda just want a regular 360 lobby today. It's been a while since we've had one of those. Who knows, maybe the laggy French guy will show up again.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Q's work is done here it seems. He has made you salty.

His trolling is on another level. :p
So Ultimoo couldn't handle the shit I was giving him so he decided to call on his butt buddy Q?

I'd buy it.

Until Q actually plays on stream he is no better than the idiots in any fgc stream chat or the geniuses that post YouTube comments.

zlatko

Banned
So Ultimoo couldn't handle the shit I was giving him so he decided to call on Q?

I'd buy it.

Until Q actually plays on stream he is no better than the idiots in any fgc stream chat or the geniuses that post YouTube comments.

LMAO. As someone who has had his ass served up raw by Q in SSF4, I can at least vouch that he can hold his own quite well in that game.

As far as UMvC3 goes though I'd be curious to see a salty match between the two of you, or him against anyone just to see where his trolling stacks up in this game online.

His Adon was pure trolling nonsense. :p He humbled me quick, and was part of the reasoning that I eventually got this lame tag on GAF that I did.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Well some xbl duders seem to be invading the already divided PSN.

If Q is as good as you say he is he should have absolutely no problem defending the hive.

zlatko

Banned
Is Captain America's best assist the shield toss?

I was going to try to put in some training time to try out Cap Nova Hawk as a team, but not sure if I want to put Cap on point or second.

Edit: @ Panda. I didn't really say he was good/bad/great or anything----I just know he made me look like a dip shit in SSF4 when I was learning without trying. From what I followed in that thread when he was super active still, he was a solid player online.

How that transitions to this game though I have no clue. I do know though, HE WILL troll you in game as much as he can. That's the Q way.

I was going to try to put in some training time to try out Cap Nova Hawk as a team, but not sure if I want to put Cap on point or second.

He's probably best on point. But if you're dying to use his assists, then Shield Throw would be my pick.

Grecco

Edit: @ Panda. I didn't really say he was good/bad/great or anything----I just know he made me look like a dip shit in SSF4 when I was learning without trying. From what I followed in that thread when he was super active still, he was a solid player online.

How that transitions to this game though I have no clue. I do know though, HE WILL troll you in game as much as he can. That's the Q way.

Depends on the rest of your team. I like the charging star assist since it can eat projectiles.

Mayhaps I should double dip and grab Ultimate for PS3 to see what Universe B has to offer (it just feels like a B, you know? :p ).

But SSX and SC5 are coming out soon...^_^

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
What order should I put this team?

Jill / Magneto / Strider

It feels like Mag should be on point, so I can open people up with Jill assist. If Mags goes down, then Jill has Vajra to keep people on the ground where she can kill them off with ease. If she goes first, she has Estaka to back her and keep people honest.

Jenga

Banned
What order should I put this team?

Jill / Magneto / Strider

It feels like Mag should be on point, so I can open people up with Jill assist. If Mags goes down, then Jill has Vajra to keep people on the ground where she can kill them off with ease. If she goes first, she has Estaka to back her and keep people honest.
Is Jill a meter guzzler? If so, I don't think you should keep Strider on anchor. If not, then yeah do whatever you want, just be sure they can also combo off of a raw vajra knockdown.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Is Jill a meter guzzler? If so, I don't think you should keep Strider on anchor. If not, then yeah do whatever you want, just be sure they can also combo off of a raw vajra knockdown.

Not to sure. I just tried her for like the first time today, so that was my guess just toying around with her.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Alright I think a made two that I actually like. Help me choose, which one should Ultimoo wear?

5oDcP.jpg

zltuR.png

I guess Degen can choose Beef's next avatar.

smurfx

get some go again
both of those are lame. just make him wear some shirtless guy avatar with no caption on it. make people look at ultimoo funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom