• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prices, we need to know the prices.
awwyeahgurrl said:
Yo dat trish alt.
Lady alt next capcom
This pretty much confirms that Lady is the next DMC character in line for a Mahvel appearance if they want rep in the game.

Azure J

The worst part about this is that X model is so damn good. I just know I'm going to cave and get half the potential out of the deal. (Looks but no substance)

TGMIII

SolarPowered said:
The prices, we need to know the prices.

This pretty much confirms that Lady is the next DMC character in line for a Mahvel appearance if they want rep in the game.

If capcom add lady I'll write them a Cheque and they can fill in the number.

Dahbomb

*Sees that thus far there are not one but TWO Megaman alts*

FChamp : WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Capcom has gone above and beyond the call of trolling.

But seriously... most of those alts are pretty good.

SmithnCo

Ha, if Arthur's actually turns into a skeleton that would be great.

I love all of these so far except for maybe Nova and Dorm's old designs, mostly because their modern ones improved upon them.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Gunstarheroes said:
Have we missed anyone yet for alts?

Vergil?

I love all of these so far except for maybe Nova and Dorm's old designs, mostly because their modern ones improved upon them.

Yeah, those costumes wouldn't translate well in a current comic with the way art is now and it doesn't translate well in game either.

Still no Vergil and Deadpool alts, but we got everyone else URLEY.

ReiGun said:
Ughhhhh @ Hawkeye's alt. Looks like I'll be sticking with the classic purple suit.

I like the Ronin one, it's an integral part of his history, and we already got an Ultimate-based alt color, so...

Fuck yes all these alts are amazing. But do all of these seriously not have alternate colors? That is just pure bullshit. At the very least just make all the colors darker so they are like shadow versions or something. All the info, pics and the fact that I see people on my psn friends list playing the game is making the wait all the more painful.

ReiGun

Red Arremer said:
I like the Ronin one, it's an integral part of his history, and we already got an Ultimate-based alt color, so...
If Capcom were cool, they'd have made Ronin an alt color and Ultimate the alt costume. But that's just me. *shrug*

I'm gonna spare everyone the need to see my rage for the X alt and just say what the fuck Capcom?! Why is Ammy's alt not Shiranui?! :mad:

Now they're definitely not getting a single cent from me for alt costumes >__>

The worst part about this is that X model is so damn good.

I know :(

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The Ronin alt is actually one of my favorites of this bunch. It looks nice and different from the other model.

SolarKnight said:
I'm gonna spare everyone the need to see my rage for the X alt and just say what the fuck Capcom?! Why is Ammy's alt not Shiranui?! :mad:

Cause it would look almost EXACTLY like Ammy. You always have to consider that it's important being able to differentiate between the 2 characters on screen.

I don't get why you're raging at Ammy's alt out of all things, though, that's probably one of the best ones.

Dahbomb

SolarKnight said:

Now they're definitely not getting a single cent from me for alt costumes >__>

I know :(
But I thought Capcom was putting in all these MM reference/cameos as a nice throwback to the MM fans....

WHERE'S MY FUCKIN DARK SLAYER??? I WANT TO SEE CORRUPTE VERGIL WITH NELO ANGELO DT ALREADY!!!!

Dahbomb said:
Jon Talbain Ammy is a pretty damn big shocker.
Niitsuma did want more Darkstalkers and this is probably a compromise until the next update.
Red Arremer said:
Cause it would look almost EXACTLY like Ammy. You always have to consider that it's important being able to differentiate between the 2 characters on screen.

I don't get why you're raging at Ammy's alt out of all things, though, that's probably one of the best ones.
Shiranui is a real step up from Ammy.

Red Arremer said:

I'm not raging, I just really wanted Shiranui >_< If you got the rage part from the "not getting my money" comment, it's just because I either don't care about the other alts or they're for characters I rarely use anyways so I'd be a waste.

Dahbomb said:
But I thought Capcom was putting in all these MM reference/cameos as a nice throwback to the MM fans....

I know what I said, and I also said that they were doing it wrong with the X alt you know.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Eventhubs has a small piece on characters that did not made the cut..

Were there any fighters that didn't make the cut in "Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3" that you wish had?

Of course! Characters like Blade and Black Panther were on the list in the early stages of the game's design. When we got into the mechanics of the characters many dropped off for one reason or another. For Blade, his abilities were almost identical to Deadpool's, and Pool's characterization, teleportation and ability to break the fourth wall won out. Black Panther -- a favorite of mine ever since "Secret Invasion" -- was ruled out because characters like Taskmaster already duplicated a lot of what Black Panther would do on screen. Building the right character roster is tricky work, but in the end, I feel that we put together a broad spectrum of old and new characters for both versions of the game.

Dahbomb

I would laugh if there is one more MM alt in the game so you can complete team MM troll.

Although Tron + Zero Alt + Frank alt is as MM as you can get.... without actually having a MM on your team.

ReiGun

I now wait with baited breath for Deadpool's alt. Marvel Girl Deadpool or bust!

Also, I hope someone else gets a MM Classic alt so I can get best Megaman as DLC.

MegaMan%20EXE.jpg

Would also accept him being Classic's alt costume. I would accept begrudgingly, but I would accept.

Edit:

Black Panther -- a favorite of mine ever since "Secret Invasion" -- was ruled out because characters like Taskmaster already duplicated a lot of what Black Panther would do on screen.
Taskmaster is now my least favorite character in the game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
OMFG THESE ALTS ARE GODLIKE

HSIEN-KO ALT, IS THAT PARAPPA THE RAPPA?!
AMATERASU ALT, IS THAT WEREGARURUMON?!
IS THAT UDON TASKMASTER?
RAD SPENCER, _dementia's PURCHASE OF THE GAME CONFIRMED
WHY IS WOLVERINE NAKED

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
enzo_gt said:

IS THAT UDON TASKMASTER?
WHY IS WOLVERINE NAKED
LOL horrible

enzo_gt said:

IS THAT UDON TASKMASTER?
WHY IS WOLVERINE NAKED
Because he is the best at what he does.

PikaZeroX said:
It's the same one from Dead Rising:

deadrising-megaman.jpg

It's SO NICE.
I totally don't remember it looking like that! It's been a while, I guess.

I just thought the idea that Capcom would make an all-new Mega Man suit for Frank just to fuck with people was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom