• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

vg260

Nils said:
The difference between this and other such models is that we know exactly what we're getting. I want seperate packs too, but in this case you can easily decide if you want all the content of the subscription pass and if it offers a cheaper alternative by all means give us the option.

Heck even no discount full pack upfront is better than the week-by-week milking, then a month wait for the full pack. Hoping they save the pre-order packs for last.

Kind of wish they used sleeveless Vergil:

image01260021tv43he.jpg

Dahbomb

It's a good think Capcom didn't make Nelo Angelo into an actual mechanic/ability in UMVC3.

If any of you guys have played DMC3SE... once you unlock Corrupt Vergil the game becomes a joke when you press L1 to Devil Trigger. It's like Vergil gets transformed into a tank that can do all the same shit that Vergil can do in normal mode.... but like 3X damage with even bigger range and full screen fireballs shit. In terms of that game's balance, it's DMC3's version of Dark Phoenix.

Coatless Vergil is awesome too but Nelo Angelo DT is just godlike. Coatless Vergil gets the fan girls all hot and bothered.

So BloodBurger's stream is doing some Dante stuff:

Dante's regular magic series on the ground is now (L,M,S) instead of (L,M,H,S) due to the larger knockback after the H.

Down H is also viable.

Dante's style cancels come out faster. You can go into twister - tempest almost instantly. Etc. etc.

Also his triple jump is sick.

ReiGun said:
ThatCrazyGuy quoting the interview has me reminded me of how salty I am. Taskmaster can kiss my ass. I want my Black Panther! :mad:
Yeah, the Black Panther excuse is a particularly dumb one in my opinion.

Damn, the Marvel side is gonna suck ass in the next update at this rate lol.

No:
Doc Oc
Black Panther
Blade
MvC2 vets

The Capcom side is nearly perfect aside from balance issues though!

Dahbomb said:
If any of you guys have played DMC3SE...

Which reminds me, do you by any chance know if the DMC3 in the upcoming DMC HD collection is the SE version or just the standard one? Too lazy to check with DMC GAF.

Chavelo

Red Arremer said:
Which reminds me, do you by any chance know if the DMC3 in the upcoming DMC HD collection is the SE version or just the standard one? Too lazy to check with DMC GAF.

SE edition, going from the trailer that released a few days ago.

Red Arremer said:
Pretty sure it's Special Edition.

Dahbomb

Red Arremer said:
Definitely Special Edition. And I AM DMC GAF. :D

ReiGun

SolarPowered said:
Yeah, the Black Panther excuse is a particularly dumb one in my opinion.

Damn, the Marvel side is gonna suck ass in the next update at this rate lol.

No:
Doc Oc
Black Panther
Blade
MvC2 vets

The Capcom side is nearly perfect aside from balance issues though!
If Ms. Marvel, Emma Frost, and Green Goblin are all deconfirmed any time soon, there is no hope for Marvel's side in the next update. lol

Unless, of course, Squirrel Gild gets in. :p

Red Arremer said:
As I already mentioned, Chris said that Tony got a costume-specific line for his Iron Patriot style, so I'm sure that quote won't appear when playing the X alt.

Amazing.

Really for Frank... they should have used the Protoman suit that is in the new game lol

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Red Arremer said:
Sweet. Cause I haven't played ANY DMC game before, so I wanna have the full exposure, hurr.

I played through both DMC3 and God Hand the past months. Inanely enough I bought DMC3 tiwce. First time the busted pc port, then accidentally bought the normal edition rather than the SE when I impulse bought it at a local shop and then ordered SE on PS2 online. May get the HD edition for DMC1 which would kinda make it the fourth time...

Dahbomb said:
Definitely Special Edition. And I AM DMC GAF. :D

Well, of course you are part of DMC GAF, but you're not the only DMC GAF. :3

lowhighkang_LHK said:
let me do the obligatory:

dmc1 = awesome
dmc2 = ...it's hated like dark phoenix in grand finals
dmc3 = awesome

So I heard, but I'll see myself.
I'm not much a fan of DMC's genre, but everyone keeps on being all OMG about it. Also Dante looks kinda sexy, so I'll play it at least for the hunks. :3

Red Arremer said:
Well, of course you are part of DMC GAF, but you're not the only DMC GAF. :3

So I heard, but I'll see myself.
I'm not much a fan of DMC's genre, but everyone keeps on being all OMG about it. Also Dante looks kinda sexy, so I'll play it at least for the hunks. :3

Keep mind they are challenging games - at least on normal. (easy should be ok). But you're into fighting games it seems like, so treat DMC1/3 and like fighting games and you should be fine. I.,e don't button mash.

Dahbomb

Yeah if it wasn't evident already... Spencer is pretty much going to be a top 10 character in UMVC3 or close to it. I say close to it because there are SO many good characters wanting to be in the elusive top 10 for UMVC3.

They also didn't fix Jill/She Hulk switch glitch. So those characters are going to be menaces as well as any character who could abuse this glitch.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dahbomb said:
Yeah if it wasn't evident already... Spencer is pretty much going to be a top 10 character in UMVC3 or close to it. I say close to it because there are SO many good characters wanting to be in the elusive top 10 for UMVC3.

They also didn't fix Jill/She Hulk switch glitch. So those characters are going to be menaces as well as any character who could abuse this glitch.
Ohhh hope shuma's is still in then :D

Dahbomb

o__O I found a glitch that makes his round trip active on the 1st frame. Holy shit, nvm about unsafe blockstrings. Vergil top tier for free.
:O

Wrap it up folks... it's over. Vergil for SSS tier (Sinister Son of Sparda).

Cue FChamp's "THAT JUST BROKE THE GAME!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Looking at them all now, the only bad alts (IMO) are:

Haggar (Should've been Gief/Hakan for maximum trollage)
Storm (Should've been 90s Anime/MvC3/Jim Lee (I think?) Storm, you know the one I'm talking about)
Jill (Should've been MvC2 Jill)
Iron Fist (Should've been modern, sleek outfit)
Wolverine (WHY? WHY?! Biker Wolverine would be my choice but there are so many others to choose from)

Still, 45/50 of them awesome? Good job, Niitsuma.

Salt%20Warehouse_JPG.jpg

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Tentative day 1 lab combo:

Air throw > toy touch > jMMHS jMMHS > launch > jMMHS > toy touch > aim master assist > relaunch > jHS > toy touch > poison arrow assist > jH > air delta kick > please help me > sand splash > dancing flash

Give or take a few things depending on what works.

Longest weekend ever incoming. :/

Dahbomb

Um you do realize that ever since I learned that Vergil has his Round Trip from DMC3 that this move along with a tracking teleport was going to be fucking devious. Capcom tried to balance this by making it a charge move so you can't abuse it often AND it has a very long start up time. With this glitch it basically overrides one of Vergil's only known weakness AND it makes this move have virtually no start up time.

Which guarantees bull shit S tier shenanigans unless this gets fixed or there is something to the glitch that I don't know about. That's all I am going to say on this topic for now until I see a video. I have an idea of how this glitch is initiated but I am not talking about it either....

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Where are you quoting this stuff from Bomb? SRK?
Yes, impressions from guy who basically has been playing Vergil since he got the game and also played him at Ultimate Norcal. I am lurking the Vergil character forum hardcore for new technology as it is discovered.

Parallax Scroll said:
I have now joined the ranks of Urley-GAF.

GODDAMN EUROPE. Y U SO NO URLEY.

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Keep mind they are challenging games - at least on normal. (easy should be ok). But you're into fighting games it seems like, so treat DMC1/3 and like fighting games and you should be fine. I.,e don't button mash.

I beat God Hand rather easily. Does that suffice?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Red Arremer said:
GODDAMN EUROPE. Y U SO NO URLEY.

Goddamn Europe indeed. Also you should be fine if you didn't have a lot of trouble with God Hand.

Chavelo

AHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

My friend just called me and said he just got it URLEEEEY. He lives in Thorton, CO and said he got it from a local K-Mart.

Told him he better get his ass here. Beer, pizza and Urley UMVC3, baby!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Parallax Scroll said:
a mom & pop store in long beach ca
Chavelo said:

My friend just called me and said he just got it URLEEEEY. He lives in Thorton, CO and said he got it from a local K-Mart.

Told him he better get his ass here. Beer, pizza and Urley UMVC3, baby!
That feel when others are getting it urley and you probably won't get it for more than a week from now :(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Kaijima said:
Jesus Christ @ Zero and Frank alts.

The trolling knows no bounds. What the fuck is happening over there? Are Ono, Niitsuma, and Seth partying up and down the halls in a conga like singing "TROLOLOLOLOLO~YELODE-YAH-HOO!" ????

They wanna completely piss off the fanbase of their most lucrative potential DLC.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Spencer combos look AWESOME! Glad to see the drop actually works from such things, slow startup on OTGs means nothing in Marvel, eh?

Task stuff is also very nice. I rather like the use of arrows in his combos, makes them look much less braindead, and more skillful and unique. Getting to use arrows like that could also make it easier for him to tag assist that pop out while he's spidey-swingin. Looks like a solid buff! And I love the fact his can combo into his Grapple-like thing, and use it to get solid OTGs.

The ELC Alts are great, as well. Battle Circuit refernce with Felicia is a solid choice (And the yellow + gold at least give that sample of Lum / Cham Cham scheme I'd wanted.) Hsien Ko's will be interesting to see how it works with her armor transformation. Zero... If they recorded a whole 2nd voice, this would be amazing, lol. But as it is... still leaves armored X as a possible character, which would be nice to see alongside Zero with X colors.

Frank X is gonna be weird without Real Mega Buster. And Megaman drinking booze to power up is going to be kinda odd (as if he didn't already do it in DR.)

Talbain Ammy is fantastic, now if only he could get a buff to his beast cannon-like moves, to truly make him like Talbain...

Spencer's looks cool. I don't really mind "new" Spencer much myself (one of 2 people in the world), so I'll be happy to use it, but won't care if a mirror match does as well.

They made some amazinly nice Alts this time. They actually feel "premium" for the most part, which I didn't really think Classic Chris or SF1 Ryu did (they felt like worse-rendered, more boring models, similiar to Nova's new Alt.) I actually look forward to the Alt of everyone I've played in this case... which sounds painfully expensive, haha.

Frantic

Dahbomb said:

Definitely agree on Spencer.

The switch glitch you're referring to... is it the 'throw into raw tag for full damage combo' or is it something else?

SAB CA said:
Spencer's looks cool. I don't really mind "new" Spencer much myself (one of 2 people in the world), so I'll be happy to use it, but won't care if a mirror match does as well.
I don't mind him myself. Sort of a weird charm to him.

Mupod

Is Ghost Rider's alt supposed to be Ghost Rider 2099? The arms look like it but...not sure what reference image they used. Granted I only ever read the first few issues of that so maybe they changed his look.

Dahbomb

beat God Hand rather easily. Does that suffice?
On Normal? That's impressive although just like Godhand, the DMC games don't get really started until the later difficulties where you start using your toolset more. Your stats/weapons/abilities carry over in difficulties unlike in Godhand but the game is balanced around this. It's one of the staple features of the DMC series.

I feel sad that I am missing out on all this UMVC3 Urley hype. :( I probably won't get it until a week after release.

The switch glitch you're referring to... is it the 'throw into raw tag for full damage combo' or is it something else?
Yes it's that one and it's not exclusive to throws. Jill's bounce move gives you enough time to tag out and bring in a character with self OTG combo capability and they get an unscaled damage off of it. I really don't know what it's exactly called, that's just what I call it.

Chavelo said:

WELP, GUESS I'M MAKING ANOTHER KMART RUN

I don't think I've ever seen a "mom and pop" game store, especially not in Louisiana, so Kmart is probably my best shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom