• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Human Becoming said:
And Dante?

Uhm. Dante is the same as vanilla's?
0ee87dafc9530e295f4021df9639f7e0.jpg

Azure J

Getting off the salt train for a bit:

- Spencer alt is gawdlike
- Gloria was unexpected, totally thought that alt wouldn't fly since you know, bitch went full hooker in that outfit
- Tron's alt mech is hilarious. :lol
- Holy shit, they went all out with Hsien-Ko
- Attorney At Law She Hulk is awesome

Man, there are a ton of good DLC alts here.

Edit: Yo, Sons of Sparda, why yo' alts so awesome? :lol

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
2&2 said:
Man Capcom not gonna be happy these got out before their blog. Marketing plan ruined.

Nah, if it was in the guide there's no way they could stagger the costumes like the normal alts. Once information like this is out in any shape or form it's gonna spread.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
SephirothRK said:
So are these alts on a release schedule or will they be available to buy at release?

I'm gonna guess they're coming out every other week or something. That last blog post implied they wouldn't all release at once.

Okay, so. Megaman trolls by Capcom in UMvC3:
- Day of Future Past stage poster
- Thor's ending
- Nova's ending
- Frank West DLC alt
- Zero DLC alt
- Heroes & Heralds cards

vg260

Nils said:
I'm gonna guess they're coming out every other week or something. That last blog post implied they wouldn't all release at once.

I wish they'd do the season-pass style rather than their SFIV style. That was kinda shitty to fans.

Dahbomb

For all you non-DMC folks out there... THIS is what Vergil is going to look when he goes Dark Vergil in his alt (aka his DT form):

Nelo_Angelo.jpg

Literally becomes Nelo Angelo aka the Dark Angelo as it is translated into.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dacon said:
I thought that was supposed to be Jon Talbain.....
OBVIOUSLY NOT! Man can't wait to rock that PARRAPPA THE RAPPER

EDIT: lol SRK fucking blew up

EDIT2: please make your pic even bigger Dahbomb

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
2&2 said:
I wish they'd do the season-pass style rather than their SFIV style. That was kinda shitty to fans.

Yeah same here. At any rate I have a solid stack of point from that last MS Point promo frenzy reserved for this.

I want it all

Nils said:
Dammit they are going to use these as an excuse to not give us DLC characters until it is too late(oops pringles edition is right around the corner, guys!).

:(

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
2&2 said:
No thanks. Anything that approaches a subscription model for content delivery gets a major Do Not Want from me.

Banana Kid said:
So, what exactly is Hsien-Ko's alt?
Her sister.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
SolarPowered said:
Dammit they are going to use these as an excuse to not give us DLC characters until it is too late(oops pringles edition is right around the corner, guys!).

:(

My educated guess is that if they're gonna do DLC characters they'll announce it around the time of the Vita release.

ZeroCDR

I never thought I'd see the day where I actually wanted to spend money on optional costumes.

I think I'll have to wait for the super bundle though, it's gonna cost a lot doing individual packs..

TDLink

Disappointed with the Iron Fist and Nova alts. Lots of better things they could have done with either. The rest of the alts are all pretty cool though. Some really good choices, and some surprising ones as well (Jon Talbain Ammy).

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Sixfortyfive said:
No thanks. Anything that approaches a subscription model for content delivery gets a major Do Not Want from me.

Her sister.

The difference between this and other such models is that we know exactly what we're getting. I want seperate packs too, but in this case you can easily decide if you want all the content of the subscription pass and if it offers a cheaper alternative by all means give us the option.

Nils said:
Eventhubs has a small piece on characters that did not made the cut..

Were there any fighters that didn't make the cut in "Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3" that you wish had?

Of course! Characters like Blade and Black Panther were on the list in the early stages of the game's design. When we got into the mechanics of the characters many dropped off for one reason or another. For Blade, his abilities were almost identical to Deadpool's, and Pool's characterization, teleportation and ability to break the fourth wall won out.

Man, that is BS about Blade. Blade wears a black leather trench coat. They dropped the ball. Plus he has different guns with silver bullets, ninja star thingies, UV light grenade thingies, and different sword. Plus he uses his sword different. He could have had a "vampire" power-up hyper where he loses control and turns more beastly and savage. He could call in Whistler for a hyper or something to shoot more guns. Plus in my mind, Blade doesn't move like Deadpool.

And he wears a black leather trench coat. Basically, I wanted Snipes Blade in this game, hehe. Them keeping the black man down.

SnakeSlashRO said:
Zero as X: IF X WAS HERE blah blah blah.

XD

As I already mentioned, Chris said that Tony got a costume-specific line for his Iron Patriot style, so I'm sure that quote won't appear when playing the X alt.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Red Arremer said:
As I already mentioned, Chris said that Tony got a costume-specific line for his Iron Patriot style, so I'm sure that quote won't appear when playing the X alt.
Okay thats a pretty neat feature.

enzo_gt said:
Okay thats a pretty neat feature.

Yup. Just to emphasize this again:
Chris Baker on his blog said:
If you’re familiar with the Iron Patriot, you know that that’s typically not Tony Stark in that armor, but rather Norman Osborn back during DARK REIGN when he led the Dark Avengers. We’ve added a suit-specific line for Tony in UMvC3 that addresses why Tony decided wear the armor himself.

ReiGun

ThatCrazyGuy quoting the interview has me reminded me of how salty I am. Taskmaster can kiss my ass. I want my Black Panther! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom