• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frantic

Dahbomb said:
Yes it's that one and it's not exclusive to throws. Jill's bounce move gives you enough time to tag out and bring in a character with self OTG combo capability and they get an unscaled damage off of it. I really don't know what it's exactly called, that's just what I call it.
Okay, because Spencer can set that up with his command grab. You'll need a fast OTG, but it works. :p

Platy

Talbain and Battle Circuit are the biggest offenders here, but yes, the 2 megaman x alts are hilarious.

And yay for scarlet spider, phoenix (wanted hobo, but this is awesome also) and udon task

Really want to know what happens when Arthur goes panties mode and Phoenix goes Dark Phoenix

I'm a little disappointed Spencer's alt doesn't have his Rearmed 2 mustache.

He could team up with Dr. Strange and Haggar to make Team Stache.

Dahbomb said:
On Normal? That's impressive although just like Godhand, the DMC games don't get really started until the later difficulties where you start using your toolset more. Your stats/weapons/abilities carry over in difficulties unlike in Godhand but the game is balanced around this. It's one of the staple features of the DMC series.

I am playing Normal generally, unless it proves to be too fuckin hard or I'm forced to play Easy.

Even though it looks good, I'm really disappointed with Jon Talbain Ammy. I really wanted Shiranui as well.

I LOVE Mei Ling, that's definitely going to see a lot of time from me. I'm dying to see the win picture with her too, it's gonna be...HNGGGGGG.

As for Phoenix Wright...well, it makes sense, but I would've been a fan of Hobo Phoenix instead. At least the chance for Dahlia/Iris Maya rises.

Shiranui looks exactly like Ammy save a few markings (unnoticable) and the flames on the disk (barely noticable as well as the disc is small and only on one of her weapon switches - Shiranui doesn't use the sword or beads IIRC).

So unless Shiranui's weapon colors got changed significantly, he'd be impossible to be differentiated from Ammy.

AnkiRendan said:
As for Phoenix Wright...well, it makes sense, but I would've been a fan of Hobo Phoenix instead. At least the chance for Dahlia/Iris Maya rises.
This and the lack of an Apollo color scheme gives me the impression that Capcom has decided to completely forget Apollo Justice and everything involved with it.

Frankly, I'm okay with that! Sometimes I want to forget Apollo Justice too.

Dirtbag

You can already kind of guess how these dlc costume packs will go.

Barbarian pack:

Wolvie
Hulk
Haggar
Felicia / Firebrand ??

Future pack

Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Taskmaster
Nemesis

Throwback Pack

Phoenix
Dormmamu
Nova
Spiderman
Spencer

Mega Pack

Frank
Zero
Tron
Deadpool

Devil Pack

Dormmamu
Ghost Rider
Firebrand
Ammy

Uniforms

Magneto
She-hulk
Phoenix Wright
V-Joe

Red Arremer said:
Shiranui looks exactly like Ammy save a few markings (unnoticable) and the flames on the disk (barely noticable as well as the disc is small and only on one of her weapon switches - Shiranui doesn't use the sword or beads IIRC).

So unless Shiranui's weapon colors got changed significantly, he'd be impossible to be differentiated from Ammy.

Shiranui.jpg

I don't know, man. If they can have classic Ryu and STARS Chris, I'm sure Shiranui would not have been such a difficult task. The fur alone would just be incredible.

Haggar wit dat Ponytail

Nova's looks... lame

King Firebrand is cool

LOL X and Frank!

I'm kind of dissappointed. I want X and Zero on the same team. This might not be possible.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Mr Touchdown said:
Haggar wit dat Ponytail

Nova's looks... lame

King Firebrand is cool

LOL X and Frank!

I'm kind of dissappointed. I want X and Zero on the same team. This might not be possible.
Frank as X!

AnkiRendan said:
I don't know, man. If they can have classic Ryu and STARS Chris, I'm sure Shiranui would not have been such a difficult task. The fur alone would just be incredible.

Classic Ryu and STARS Chris are noticably different, though - Chris has that bright green shirt, and Classic Ryu has his bright red shoes and hair.

With Shiranui, the base style and color are exactly the same as Ammy, who is incidentally one of the smallest characters to boot (so it'd be VERY difficult to make out). Unless they made Shiranui's rainbow flame on the disk really obnoxiously bright, it'd be almost impossible to tell the difference when in the action of a match.

shaowebb

ViewtifulJC said:
I was hoping they give Iron Fist his actual current outfit, instead of this goofy current one with footies and giant collar

THIS. A thousand manly votes for THIS from me.

However I am PUMPED for Scarlet Spider. Like insanely pumped. Ridiculously pumped. How pumped?

video_-lol_-spiderman.gif

spidey.gif

That pumped.
I couldn't resist after seeing this in offtopic. Say hello to the new gifs of choice for celebrating Spiderman combos in Ultimate. :D

GatorBait

enzo_gt said:
SO GOOD.

If your reading this, thanks again for the blog and everything Chris Baker, it has been essential to my UMvC3 hype :)
Just want to throw in my thanks to Chris Baker, too. I have really enjoyed reading the alternate costume/DLC blogs. It really does add a whole new appreciation for the alternates when you know what source material each is based on.

shaowebb said:
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/TimeSpliTT/gifsss/video_-lol_-spiderman.gif[img]
[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-QS1WZ1leqyg/TrzLhRNngVI/AAAAAAAAAMo/XipsonbgV0A/w400/spidey.gif[img]

[/QUOTE]
OH MY GOD

Godlike Gifs

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
SolarPowered said:
Yeah, the Black Panther excuse is a particularly dumb one in my opinion.

Damn, the Marvel side is gonna suck ass in the next update at this rate lol.

No:
Doc Oc
Black Panther
Blade
MvC2 vets

The Capcom side is nearly perfect aside from balance issues though!

Its pretty much exactly like the excuses they gave for Iron Fist and Ghost Rider in vanilla aka bullshit. They should just say they can only pick a limited number of characters due to time instead of making up bullshit.

Odinson

These ALTS! Oh my... scarlet spider, cable-pool, JEAN! I'm loving this. I really hope they get these to us a quickly as possible. Mega Man fans...satisfied? Good job trolling capcom.

Soulstar

I guess I'll do my High's and Lows for Alts.

Highs:
RAD SPENCER IS IN DA HOUSE!!! He always looked so fun and now I can finally use him.
Felicia's Yellow Iris costume is wonderful and totally unexpected. I would've never guessed this on but it's nice to see some Battle Circuit love. Now if only a certain cyborg lieutenant would show up...
Lei Lei's sister Lin Lin is another nice alt. I was always a bit sad that she only showed up as a paper form on the gold hyper so it's pretty nice to see her.
Viewtiful Joe's unsuited look is great too but Joe is awesome in general
As for Vergil all that needs to be said is Nelo Angelo.

Lows:
Zero's alt drives me bananas. Not because it's X I honestly can not muster anything other then apathy when it comes to him but I really wanted the megaman zero look.
I'm not particularly upset about Phoenix Wright's alt but I really wanted Naruhobo-kun.
Iron Fist alt only makes me think of Ultimate Iron Fist who is a failure. He's got nothing on 616 Danny Rand.

All of the others range from this is pretty cool to a solid alt.

vg260

HK-47 said:
Its pretty much exactly like the excuses they gave for Iron Fist and Ghost Rider in vanilla aka bullshit. They should just say they can only pick a limited number of characters due to time instead of making up bullshit.

I have to agree with you here. At this point I no longer trust any of Marvel or Capcom's stated reasoning for character choices.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
enzo_gt said:
Looking at them all now, the only bad alts (IMO) are:

Haggar (Should've been Gief/Hakan for maximum trollage)
Storm (Should've been 90s Anime/MvC3/Jim Lee (I think?) Storm, you know the one I'm talking about)
Jill (Should've been MvC2 Jill)
Iron Fist (Should've been modern, sleek outfit)
Wolverine (WHY? WHY?! Biker Wolverine would be my choice but there are so many others to choose from)

Still, 45/50 of them awesome? Good job, Niitsuma.

Mohawk Storm is best storm.

People thinking Zero would get the MMZ style after his MMZ-color was revealed on the color blogs are, to put it quite frank, delusional or hopelessly optimistic. Or both.

Beth Cyra

Red Arremer said:
People thinking Zero would get the MMZ style after his MMZ-color was revealed on the color blogs are, to put it quite frank, delusional or hopelessly optimistic. Or both.
Was hoping more for either Absolute Zero since it's a really cool mix of Zero and Bass or just a straight up Bass alt.

Also I wouldn't agree, as it stands Zero does have an Alt color that is X1 X's full Armor (Three X Alts if you count like that, damn Capcom you be crazy) yet he still got X as the DLC alt.

TruePrime said:
Was hoping more for either Absolute Zero since it's a really cool mix of Zero and Bass or just a straight up Bass alt.

I would put the first only as hopelessly optimistic, and the second as the same state as the MMZ style, since Bass in the alt colors.

But come ON guys, X color was removed from vanilla to Ultimate. How could it be ANYTHING else but X?

TruePrime said:
Also I wouldn't agree, as it stands Zero does have an Alt color that is X1 X's full Armor (Three X Alts if you count like that, damn Capcom you be crazy) yet he still got X as the DLC alt.

I didn't know the white X-armor from X1 has exactly the same color scheme as X.

Beth Cyra

Red Arremer said:
I would put the first only as hopelessly optimistic, and the second as the same state as the MMZ style, since Bass in the alt colors.

But come ON guys, X color was removed from vanilla to Ultimate. How could it be ANYTHING else but X?
As I said the X Armor is why I thought specifically it wouldn't be X did in fact have an Alt.

Red Arremer said:
Classic Ryu and STARS Chris are noticably different, though - Chris has that bright green shirt, and Classic Ryu has his bright red shoes and hair.

With Shiranui, the base style and color are exactly the same as Ammy, who is incidentally one of the smallest characters to boot (so it'd be VERY difficult to make out). Unless they made Shiranui's rainbow flame on the disk really obnoxiously bright, it'd be almost impossible to tell the difference when in the action of a match.
Shiranui was the only other real option. Talbain was a nice curveball, but Shiranui could have stood out easily and it'd make her look epic with light tendrils and sick markings all across her body.

I'm okay with Talbain though.
shaowebb said:
THIS. A thousand manly votes for THIS from me.

However I am PUMPED for Scarlet Spider. Like insanely pumped. Ridiculously pumped. How pumped?
*stares at gifs with mouth agape*

Hell...I'd even take Oki. But yeah, like I said, it does look like a nice costume, I just wish it was Okami related. =/

Oh yeah, and Felicia's costume is damn sexy.

Oki would've worked.

@SolarPowered: My point is, it would be difficult to differentiate Shiranui from Amaterasu in a game of Marvel, unless the light parts of Shiranui would be obnoxiously bright, like neon green or such.
I would've LOVED Shiranui, but expecting him to make it as alt I would put into the category of "hopelessly optimistic", as well.

JazzmanZ

Godly tier
Taskmaster
Ammy
MODOK
Arthur
Hawkeye
Hsien-ko
Felicia
wesker
firebrand

Fantastic tier