• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

My favorites are probably Ammy, Joe, Shuma, and Ghost Rider.

I'd have to see Arthur's skeletal form to judge his. Wright's would get some extra points depending on how his Maya looks.

shaowebb

On the topic of Arthur's DLC alt it doesn't show the full thing. Arthur has 3 outfits per alt. One gold version, one armored, and one underwear. All we see is his DLC underwear form being him zombied up. Will his armor be rusty? I'm curious on this.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
shaowebb said:
On the topic of Arthur's DLC alt it doesn't show the full thing. Arthur has 3 outfits per alt. One gold version, one armored, and one underwear. All we see is his DLC underwear form being him zombied up. Will his armor be rusty? I'm curious on this.
You don't get it? all the pics are him in armor what does that mean? Boxers are his armor form

NeoDeus

shaowebb said:
While I can't actually tell you what it is, I will tease that his "naked" form is the greatest thing ever.

Mr Touchdown said:
What is Dr. Strange's outfit? I haven't seen it before :(

DrStrange177.jpg

NeoDeus said:
While I can't actually tell you what it is, I will tease that his "naked" form is the greatest thing ever.

We already know it's a skeleton as throwback to his death animation in the GnG games. :p

Hamster0

Red Arremer said:
People thinking Zero would get the MMZ style after his MMZ-color was revealed on the color blogs are, to put it quite frank, delusional or hopelessly optimistic. Or both.

yes but they put X as an alt, but it didnt stop them from giving Frank X armor

hvzero

For LA GAF, was checking out the personal 3d display in a Sony store and UMVC3 was sitting right on the shelf. The Sony store in the Century City mall at the back in the game section on the top shelf.

Hamster0 said:
but it would be X and X armor Frank

Do they look exactly the same? Hell, they don't even have the same size or build, let alone moveset.

To reemphasize, since you don't seem to understand my point (which is exactly the same I made for Ammy/Shiranui):
There's already an alt color that uses MMZ color schemes. This pretty much rules out the possibility of an MMZ simply because the same colors on the same character = no good.

Mags - regal and badass. Great
Jean - 90's Jean, hell yeah.
SheHulk - classy lawyer awesome.
Spidey- Scarlett Spider? Eh, ok.
HsienKo - Her sister? Well, I guess that's all you can do with her.
Firebrand - cool armor, face looks diff too.
Iron Fist - Eh. Would've preferred Immortal Iron Fist.
Taskmaster - Udon. Aww yeah.
Felicia - was like wtf. Watched the intro to Battle Circuit. Crazy game, like it.
Ammy - huge surprise on this one. Pretty cool but weird at the same time.
Wolverine - everyone thought it was gonna be tshirt and jeans. Lol at the helmet.
Joe - casual Joe looks snazzy.
Trish - Gloria, hell yeah.
Ghost Rider - google image search Ghost Rider 2099. He's a robot Ghost Rider! So cool!
Phoenix Wright - haha, forgot what this one is called but it's what people wanted.
Haggar - Final Fight 3! I thought it was Saturday Night Slammasters but no pony tail there.
Spencer - DAMN does OG Spencer look good!
Zero - Troooooooooooool
Rocket Raccoon - cool, I guess.
Hawkeeye- Didn't catch what this one was. Looks cool, though.
Nemesis - He looks like a turd, lol.
Nova - OG Nova looks rad as hell.
Hulk - yep, Planet Hulk was what everyone expected.
Frank - I think this less an awesomely crummy Mega Man outfit and more like EDF!!
Tron - haha, nice Servebot head
Dormammu - OG Dorm looking nice.
Vergil - looks cool, like a vampire.
Deadpool - haha, crazy troll. Did they actually fuse in the comics?
Dr Strange - eh. Remember this in MUA. Dr Manhatten!
Arthur - alright. Hope Nerdjosh was right and he turns into a skeleton when losing armor.

Sixfortyfive said:
Tentative day 1 lab combo:

Air throw > toy touch > jMMHS jMMHS > launch > jMMHS > toy touch > aim master assist > relaunch > jHS > toy touch > poison arrow assist > jH > air delta kick > please help me > sand splash > dancing flash
I tried doing this, and I'm not sure if my execution is off or not, but it seems Hawkeye's assist comes out a little too slow for it to connect after the third toy touch.

shaowebb

I was just about to animate Q's avatar and after finding his source image to work with in flash and struggling far too long with finding a way to censor all that troll hanging off of him, I decided it wasn't worth what I was going through anymore to continue.

I have now seen FAR too much of the source image. o_O
I'm now gonna have nightmares of Firebrand swooping around screaming "EAT MY SAMMICH!" Even without playing Q I have been trolled by his Firebrand. LOL.

Grecco

Saw that the costumes leaked. Hilarious that the honzo gonzo thing came true.

Kinda suprised they didnt use Agent X for Deadpool.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Red Arremer said:
You know what would've been another hardcore troll by Capcom? Making Tron into Vile riding one of those walking mechas.
Or making Tron's Lunch Rush send out 100 Megaman Classics.

shaowebb

enzo_gt said:
Or making Tron's Lunch Rush send out 100 Megaman Classics.
You have NO IDEA how many conversations I've had with my wife about Dr. Wily maybe making it someday into this versus series and him showing up with just such a move.

We tend to imagine just how it would look and the best we've come up with is Centaur man is in front with Splash Woman riding his back and pointing her trident forward happily looking like shes yelling "Charge!". The rest of the cast that runs by is up for grabs, but we've agreed the best way to end it is with Springman slinky-ing along bringing up the rear comedically slower than the rest of the pack for the final hit.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Lucky Number Seven Force said:
I tried doing this, and I'm not sure if my execution is off or not, but it seems Hawkeye's assist comes out a little too slow for it to connect after the third toy touch.
Figured it might. Alternate idea is to replace toy touch with sand splash and see if that works.

Wow, the majority of those alts really suck.

Some are really good though... I'd like some of them, but won't bother with the packs, other than maybe the one that ends up retailing with the x23/chun/morrigan costumes.

So She-Hulk's TAC glitch was removed, right? I can't get it to work at all. I thought someone (Dahbomb?) said it was still in. Is there some other She-Hulk glitch I don't know about?

Oh. Dahbomb's banned. Everyone's banned. Jeez. I knew those scans were gonna lead to trouble!

Thank God they put Rearmed Spencer in. Most of those alts are really great. And again, if anyone has a preorder costume DLC code they don't want I'll buy it off 'em for $5!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Am I the only person on the internet who prefers Skeletor Taskmaster to Udon's?

Rummy Bunnz said:
So She-Hulk's TAC glitch was removed, right? I can't get it to work at all. I thought someone (Dahbomb?) said it was still in. Is there some other She-Hulk glitch I don't know about?
I think Floe said it was gone during early location tests.

kirblar

Rummy Bunnz said:
Yeah, the TAC stuff was taken out.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
shaowebb said:
I was just about to animate Q's avatar and after finding his source image to work with in flash and struggling far too long with finding a way to censor all that troll hanging off of him, I decided it wasn't worth what I was going through anymore to continue.

I have now seen FAR too much of the source image. o_O
I'm now gonna have nightmares of Firebrand swooping around screaming "EAT MY SAMMICH!" Even without playing Q I have been trolled by his Firebrand. LOL.
LOOOOOOOOL Sorry!

And man you dumb asses I said scans are banned on here =/ Hopefully it's just a short ban

QisTopTier said:
LOOOOOOOOL Sorry!

And man you dumb asses I said scans are banned on here =/ Hopefully it's just a short ban
People just got caught up in the hype and forgot everything. :/
Sixfortyfive said:
Am I the only person on the internet who prefers Skeletor Taskmaster to Udon's?
Well... you've got six other options and only one Udon mask.
shaowebb said:
Whats going on? I dont get it?

EDIT: ohhhhhhhh....right. The bannanating. Gonna be a quiet tourney for Kadey.
360 GAF is thoroughly intact. The discussion in the thread is going to go right down the toilet with so many large posters gone. I won't be posting that much after the game is officially out since I won't have it.

They had better hope that the mods were lenient because MahvelGAF has mostly been on a lifeline after that terrible ordeal with no spectator or news from Capcom(LOL Ultimate after five months of radio silence, guize!).

Mumei

Red Arremer said:
Oki would've worked.

@SolarPowered: My point is, it would be difficult to differentiate Shiranui from Amaterasu in a game of Marvel, unless the light parts of Shiranui would be obnoxiously bright, like neon green or such.
I would've LOVED Shiranui, but expecting him to make it as alt I would put into the category of "hopelessly optimistic", as well.

For the Shiranui alt, add the tendrils of light and have her equipped with the final weapons that are normally just equipped for the level 3 super / certain special moves. I mean, the alt she got looks really cool, but it would've been nice to get Shiranui.

I don't know what you're talking about, saying that they would be difficult to tell apart.

(I don't even know why I responded; you're banned for some reason!)

Edit: *looks up*

Oh, that's the reason.

Grecco

devastatorprime said:
Damn so many bans =(
Can anyone fill me in on Hawkeye's ronin alt? I know nothing about it but it looks super freaking badass.

His identity when he comes back to life and joins the New Avengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom