• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can comment on the alts, just not post links, yeah?

Edit: Thanks Q.

First, Scarlet Spider and REAL Jean Grey = <3

Laughed way too hard at Frank and Zero's. Talbain alt too.

No idea who HsienKo is.

Respect for World War Hulk and True Spencer.

Most of these alts are frigging amazing. Great job Capcom.

QisTopTier said:
I don't like ammy and doom together with strider just cause they are both gonna end up doing the same thing. It worked with clockwork in MVC3 cause he ran Phoenix and he just used the other two to stock up meter. I don't really like the idea of that outside of phoenix.

Let me put it this way, you should want to try and make it so your 1st and 3rd guy can anchor if the need comes. You sure ammy is going to be up for that with the nerfed air dash? Also look at it this way. Can they all help each other out with their assist at the same time. With out overlapping uses or not being that strong if they get stuck together
Ammy will receive XF speed boosts and damage boosts(hopefully substantial on this one) that will buff her previously strong anchor position. She rushes forward quick as hell in XF3 and she could be a very viable anchor character against specific teams.

She is not as good as she used to be, but her hypers and XF benefits are too friendly to just ignore. Also, keep in mind that I am coming from a team with very few options into top tier teams with ridiculous amounts of synergy. If Ammy/Hsien-Ko/Morrigan were a 2/5 on the syngergy/tier chart then most of my new teams are CLEARLY at 4/5. A team without the teleport mix up is still very strong if I don't want to go Strider/beam assist/???.
Killa Sasa said:
No idea who HsienKo is.
Lei Lei's(Hsien-Ko) sister Mei Ling.
Killa Sasa said:
Most of these alts are frigging amazing. Great job Capcom.
Yeah, they almost outdid themselves. Colors for these alts would've been the most amazing thing ever, but it was a ton of fun and the alts look GREAT.

Oh wow i take a break for a couple of days
SKYRIM
and all hell breaks loose, bans, character alts...wait a second, what's that? UDON Taskmaster you say?
YESSSSSSSSSS

Nori Chan

Oh Dahbomb got banned?

Now I can stop faking about how virgil will actually be good in this game. virgil for low tier and suck cox n dix tier

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I know you don't need teleports, I didn't pay a single teleporter on my team. The problem with your team in mvc3 is that you just played what you wanted not what worked together, even when the game was first coming out seth said that wouldn't be possible in most cases.

But tier's don't instant make a team good. For example, Arthur and Shuma both "suck" But when you put them together in most cases they end up being retarded.

Another example, Chunli and Felicia from most points of view are not that great, but when they are stuck together they end up being great.

Why do the interesting things always happen when I'm asleep? Goddamn.

1mMPw.jpg

We'll keep the hype going for you, guys. Respek.

koryuken said:
Sweet, thank you. Ss a Trish player, I know what you mean. Those extra H's bump her solo combo dmg into 600 + territory, which is pretty dang good. Nice stealth buff for her.
No prob and yeah its a very nice little buff for her. Im so excited for UMvC3 Trish, plus the Gloria alt <3 Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Mit-

It's going to cost $60 to get all the costumes.

:(

I've got the first one and I'll get one for preorder, so I guess $52 for the rest :(

So dumb. I hope they have sales in the future.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
kunonabi said:
Gay Colossus, Black Nick Fury, new Black/Mexican Spider-man, Aunt May and Uncle Ben as hippies, etc. I read the beginning of Spider-man but it was too infuriating and ugly to look at. My friend read the X-Men and everything he told me sounded terrible. I'm sure there is much more than that.

Man, fuck those guys promoting diversity and mixing it up!

Mit-

General Shank-a-snatch said:
Scuse me? This thread went fast, I missed out on that info. Link please?
Well, I was just going off the price of the first pack ($5) and that they've only been bundling 4 characters now. Guess I need to correct my maths, a bit, I forgot the first costume pack had 6 characters.

50 characters total, 6 in one costume pack, 2 in DLC, the rest assumed to be in 4 character packs?

That's about $52 worth of costumes if each pack is $5. I guess it is less characters though. Giving them the benefit of a doubt and going with $4 a pack, it'd be about $42 for the rest of the costumes.

If they switch back to 6 characters a pack for $5, and leave the first three retailer packs as $4, that leaves 30 characters to be distributed in $5 packs, which would be $25, and the math works out better.

So, $30 for all the 6 character packs (which includes the old one). $12 for the retailer packs. You'll probably get one of the 4-packs for free. $38 if you did, $42 if you didn't.

$33 for the rest of the costumes if you have the old pack and get one for free with pre-order. Guess that's not as bad... but still more than I'd want to pay. Sales please D:

Mit-

I calculated how much it costs to get all the Street Fighter 4 costume packs before as well, and I think it also came out to $42.

Although you get multiple costumes for every character with those packs, plus recolors...

>:|

EYEL1NER

Finished putting down the money on the last of my pre-orders for this game today.
If it was any other game, I would never dream of pre-ordering it three different times for retailer-exclusive bullshit DLC, but this is Mahvel, babee! Can't help myself. Each costume pack has 2 characters I want in it: Elvis MODOK/Awesome C Viper, Mecha-Akuma/Classic Strider, and Alpha Chun/Casual Morrigan (even if it isn't my beloved Eye-Patch Morrigan, whatever, I'll take any Morrigan I can get).

So pumped to start playing this in a couple days. I just got MW3, Skyrim, and MGS HD collection and on Tuesday I am getting AC:R, SR3, and Halo CE, but they are all taking a backseat to this game.

EDIT: WOW! Just saw all of the other alts and I am very impressed. I cannot wait for them to get released. Hopefully there is a huge costume dump and I can get them all around the same time, but they are probably going to be released weekly or monthly or something.
Scarlett Spiderman Alt makes me sooooo happy. I always loved Scarlett Spider. And Talbain Ammy is cool as shit too.
I gotta go to sleep now, but I wish I hadn't taken my buddy to the airport a couple hours ago. I want to show him these, but now I have to wait until he gets back from Singapore next week.

shaowebb

nearly 6am were I'm at...can't seleep ...q's sammich will be there....
stayed up inking for college, but hey why not play off that exhaustion for 1 last joke on q's sammich

TruePrime said:
This also happens when someone like Vergil who is a sub character in only one game from DMC made it in and now DMC has 3 characters or Resident Evil has 4 were as Rock has only 2 and neither of which is a rock. .

2 games, with a third centred around his son.

Saying Vergil isn't important in DMC Lore is like saying Sparda in isn't important.

Still I personally don't understand this situation. They already have made the character model, would have been that hard to give him a moveset as well?

Which reminds me. Personally the the thing that peeves me off about the DLC costumes is that they are only cosmetic when they could have been so much more. Imagine every DLC coustume having a Unique move/hyper...but only in heroes and herald mode....

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I still would of rather had Nero instead of Virgil :( Such stupidly good gameplay mechanics they could of put in for him that would of made him unique. Well more unique than virgil. He would still still be a hybrid of existing concepts just done differently.

shaowebb said:
nearly 6am were I'm at...can't seleep ...q's sammich will be there....
stayed up inking for college, but hey why not play off that exhaustion for 1 last joke on q's sammich
You should finish that animation so you can be scared for life then share it and scar the world.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
General Shank-a-snatch said:
Nero could be funny with his sword revving mechanic.
I was saying give him a cancel type mechanic like Viper, but instead of canceling he revs at that spot *the move still goes through* and powers up the follow up move but you have to keep reving, toss in some Hazama type movement *not quite spencer style more swingy and crazy momentum* Along with a held down charge shot that carries the explosion property and have it work like shuma's eyes. Make one of his moves use his arm and have a guard point on it that reacts based on what you press for his arm counters *anji/baiken*. And you got an S tier character that takes god like skill to make S tier.

Bam character is now just as complex as dante with out having a move pool barely 1/3rd or 1/4th as big and a huge crowd pleaser.

Seriously read that and say that wouldn't be fun as fuck to play or see an expert with that character.

Edit: damn it I hate talking about nero in this cause now I want something like that >.< I should go pick up dmc4 again.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Stabby McSter said:
Just played a ton of UMVC3. Thought you should know that.

PHOENIX WRIGHT IS GDLK.
You playing on ps3? I wouldn't mind some practice vs a PW team when the game comes out on the 15th

_dementia said:
You got it urley?
No, someone brought a copy to a session. I think I like the default cover though. I can get my own probably as early as Sunday, though.

QisTopTier said:
You playing on ps3? I wouldn't mind some practice vs a PW team when the game comes out on the 15th
360. :(

Jintor said:
Jesus christ you dumbasses, I go to a wedding party and you lot get banned while I'm out?
I'm looking forward to Dahbomb's analysis and in-depth matchup chart for MarvelGAF vs the TOS whenever he returns.

At least nobody good at theory fighter got banned. Team Best MarvelGAF is still in effect.

Karsticles(&#945;-The Brains)/QisTopTier(&#946;-The Looks)/God's Beard(&#947;-The Wildcard)

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I just woke up and my head is kinda fuzzy...wow such an onslaught.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God's Beard said:
At least nobody good at theory fighter got banned. Team Best MarvelGAF is still in effect.

Karsticles(&#945;-The Brains)/QisTopTier(&#946;-The Looks)/God's Beard(&#947;-The Wildcard)
Okay I lol'd xD

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
kunonabi said:
He doesn't. Ultimate Spider-Man, like the rest of the PC bullshit Ultimate lines, was complete crap.
Firstly, Ultimate Spider-Man has been better than regular Spider-Man for pretty much the duration of the 21st century.

Second, PC bullshit? You talking about the new Ultimate Spidey? Because if you're just ticked because Ultimate Spider-Man is a minority now, then my next post is gonna be calling you a racist.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
V_Arnold said:
Ultimate Marvel line is amazing. Normal Marvel line is amazing too.

Here, I ended this :p
Let's celebrate with Mc.Ribs for this glorious conclusion. It's on me!

I seriously want this game already and it's driving me insane.

Grecco said:
All these urley and no talk of ONLINE and LAG common man.
One of the streams said it felt a lot better. Same stream also had shitty ass players, so yeah take that as you will.

Kyoufu

Agh. The online is going to be a piece of shit, which means I play this game for about 3 days before I put it down. :(

At least Vergil is top tier is goodness.

Quadratic

I played MvC3 vanilla on PS3. Decided to get the Xbox360 version for ultimate. Got my stick dual modded for the switch. I previously only played fighting games on the PS3.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Stay gold, Justin Wong.

EG|Justin Wong: Omg Wesker!!! He might be the best character... 600k combo without super or assist... No glasses Wesker!!! Omg

Vergil does that without assist too [600k combo]. — PR_Balrog

EG|Justin Wong: But Vergil is over used I don't like that.

Vergil is lame for being overused day minus 3 and Wesker who has been on half of the online population's team in vanilla isn't?

Kyoufu

Quadratic said:
I played MvC3 vanilla on PS3. Decided to get the Xbox360 version for ultimate. Got my stick dual modded for the switch. I previously only played fighting games on the PS3.

traitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom