• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecco

Nils said:
Stay gold, Justin Wong.

EG|Justin Wong: Omg Wesker!!! He might be the best character... 600k combo without super or assist... No glasses Wesker!!! Omg

Vergil does that without assist too [600k combo]. — PR_Balrog

EG|Justin Wong: But Vergil is over used I don't like that.

Vergil is lame for being overused day minus 3 and Wesker who has been on half of the online population's team in vanilla isn't?

He later says his Wesker is "different".

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God's Beard said:
Too bad they nerfed gunshot, Viscant could have played Wesker/Iron Fist/Phoenix and won another EVO.
Yeah =/ They really should of kept his the same and just droped him health down to around 900k-850k

Wait, if they nerfed the hitstun on gunshot, did they also nerf blockstun? So will people be able to mash out of gunshot teleport to command grab? I think Gunshot teleport left Wesker at -1 in vanilla if I remember correctly.

Anyone else get annoyed when Viscant called Hawkeye's Gimlet overpowered? Particulalrly in the Phoenix match up? To me it seemed like he was saying it was an unfair advantage... Over Phoenix... Who he admits is a problem that has not been fixed...

Yep.

JazzmanZ

shaowebb said:
Red Arremer
Enzo_Gt
Lucky Number Seven Force
Dahbomb
Smithnco
Sephi22

(sees more)....*whistles*

Thats a lot of bans. Whose left for 360-gaf to enter the Kadey November tourney?

oh god :(
I'm responsible for some of those bans when I asked for links to Hawkeye and Phoenix wrights alts :(((

They'll be back soon, but goddamn do I feel bad for them. The game is just coming out and they're all not here to celebrate properly :(

Yo God's Beard, how long did it take for you to be un-banned?

Skilletor

Htown said:
Firstly, Ultimate Spider-Man has been better than regular Spider-Man for pretty much the duration of the 21st century.

Second, PC bullshit? You talking about the new Ultimate Spidey? Because if you're just ticked because Ultimate Spider-Man is a minority now, then my next post is gonna be calling you a racist.

This.

Miles is fucking awesome so far. I love Peter, but it's pretty cool that Miles is a character with an upbringing I can relate with. Also, Spider Woman <3.

Mr Touchdown said:
Bannings are on a case by case basis. For such remorseless transgressions against this benevolent association, I can't imagine that they will ever be unbanned, God rest their souls.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Mr Touchdown said:
They'll be back soon, but goddamn do I feel bad for them. The game is just coming out and they're all not here to celebrate properly :(

Ban verify on what kind of online crime they did.

Banana Kid said:
Now that a big chunk of MahvelGAF is gonna mass the release, the rest of us needs to bring the hype EXTRA HARD.
You got my bow.

Lights. Camera. HYPE!!!!!
God's Beard said:
Bannings are on a case by case basis. For such remorseless transgressions against this benevolent association, I can't imagine that they will ever be unbanned, God rest their souls.
Laughed way too fucking hard at this. My eyes are watering.

V_Arnold

Mr Touchdown said:

Duckroll just stated that they got two week ban. So no URLEY UMVC3-gaf for them.

V_Arnold said:
Duckroll just stated that they got two week ban. So no URLEY UMVC3-gaf for them.
Tis a shame. A welcome back party would be cool.

Anyways, so pumped about the Ronin alt. Man, Hawkeye is gonna be so good. My body is ready for this character.

God's Beard said:
Too bad they nerfed gunshot, Viscant could have played Wesker/Iron Fist/Phoenix and won another EVO.

Doesn't Viscant rate Iron Fist rather lowly? Don't think he would have picked up Iron Fist just for his assist, and with the meter gain when your characters get hit nerfed very badly it would be suicidal to play an assist tier character with Phoenix in UMvC3. I am also quite convinced that he will drop Phoenix in UMvC3, he said that if UMvC3 hadn't been released he would have dropped her if he wanted to keep playing Wesker because he was starting to struggle.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Holy shit the DLC thread got me a tag, I like how I'm being called a capcom fanboy when I dropped MvC3 as a main game pretty early on for BBCS2 and dropped super and never touched AE. :D

Nyoro SF

SailorDaravon said:
Wait, all the bans were for posting scans? Come on now, everyone knows that's not allowed -_-.

Yeah... I'm a bit surprised certain people posted the photographs of scans but what will you do.

Grecco

QisTopTier said:
Holy shit the DLC thread got me a tag, I like how I'm being called a capcom fanboy when I dropped MvC3 as a main game pretty early on for BBCS2 and dropped super and never touched AE. :D

Megaman fans can be ridiculous in their time of anger.

Grecco

scytheavatar said:
Doesn't Viscant rate Iron Fist rather lowly? Don't think he would have picked up Iron Fist just for his assist, and with the meter gain when your characters get hit nerfed very badly it would be suicidal to play an assist tier character with Phoenix in UMvC3. I am also quite convinced that he will drop Phoenix in UMvC3, he said that if UMvC3 hadn't been released he would have dropped her if he wanted to keep playing Wesker because he was starting to struggle.

Hes said hes going to play pheonix because he thinks she destroys range characters/zoning

Tizoc

Saw the EU ver. being sold here, buuuut I ain't getting it til X-Mas lol.

Anyone manage to dig up anything regarding DLC characters?

Also correct me if I'm wrong but Felicia's DLC outfit is that catgirl from Battle Circuit right?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I cant wait to fight Phoenix with fucking RR just gonna slam me down a trap and sit on it or firebrand and mash H with the summon. Or shuma and just kill her instantly on snap in :3

Grecco

Tizoc said:
Saw the EU ver. being sold here, buuuut I ain't getting it til X-Mas lol.

Anyone manage to dig up anything regarding DLC characters?

Also correct me if I'm wrong but Felicia's DLC outfit is that catgirl from Battle Circuit right?

Looks like it. I thought it was Tigra from the Avengers for a seccond :(

V_Arnold

Hawkeye is soooo good. I do not see his combo potential yet (I think he needs well planned/prepared assists for that), but one thing is sure. s.H shot ->QCF.S->Hyper deals 375k damage. Byebye, Phoenix or DP :)

Grecco said:
Hes said hes going to play pheonix because he thinks she destroys range characters/zoning

He wouldn't once he realizes a few things:

1) People are vastly exaggerating the "more zoning based" nature of UMvC3. Rushdown will still dominate this game.

2) Phoenix is finished as far as high level play goes. F Champ doesn't realize that based on winning against a bunch of people interested only in trying out new stuff, but even he will drop Phoenix once he realizes how many options people now have against her.

QisTopTier said:
I cant wait to fight Phoenix with fucking RR just gonna slam me down a trap and sit on it or firebrand and mash H with the summon. Or shuma and just kill her instantly on snap in :3
OH MY GOD SHUMA SNAP IN!!

He needs to be downloaded on every console as an anti-Phoenix measure.

V_Arnold said:
Hawkeye is soooo good. I do not see his combo potential yet (I think he needs well planned/prepared assists for that), but one thing is sure. s.H shot ->QCF.S->Hyper deals 375k damage. Byebye, Phoenix or DP :)
What is his QCF.S :O

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Mr Touchdown said:
Yeah, but it didn't kill her if she was on full health.

Now we can mash her to death.
You xfactor it to get the grab part out instantly. It kills :p I do it to the entire cast specially with shuma on anchor.

Skill put up some sections of the guide online. Dr.Strange is looking like an even better anchor than I thought, and I already thought he was the best.

4 frame jab, 4 frame counter teleport(21 frames), all throws lead to hard knockdown, 6 frame move that crumples. 3 Spells of Vishanti will do 952,000 damage, Vishanti lvl 3 xfactor Vishanti is ~1.08 million. Counter, lvl 3 x-factor, Vishanti is 900,000. If the counter beam comes out, it can't be punished. Fully invincible through recovery.(damage estimations without scaling)

lvl 3 x-factor gives him 170% damage, 130% speed(making Teleport H only 17-18 frames, L and M about 20)

Guide has a solo 1mill+ combo without x-factor and a meterless lvl 3 x-factor loop that kills any character and builds close to 3 bars. Can do about 700k with 1 bar no x factor.

Oh, snap backs are supposedly nerfed, but they're two frame moves instead of one, which is still going to beat out everything after an x-factor guard cancel.

Grecco

scytheavatar said:
He wouldn't once he realizes a few things:

1) People are vastly exaggerating the "more zoning based" nature of UMvC3. Rushdown will still dominate this game.

2) Phoenix is finished as far as high level play goes. F Champ doesn't realize that based on winning against a bunch of people interested only in trying out new stuff, but even he will drop Phoenix once he realizes how many options people now have against her.

Im not so sure. The air dash nerf is something that might change this. Lets wait for at least a couple weeks before saying rushdown will dominate

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Grecco said:
Im not so sure. The air dash nerf is something that might change this. Lets wait for at least a couple weeks before saying rushdown will dominate
Rush down wont dominate it will be a proper tug o war finally. MvC2 was actually fairly balanced in the keep away rush down aspect as well.

QisTopTier said:
You xfactor it to get the grab part out instantly. It kills :p I do it to the entire cast specially with shuma on anchor.
Yeah but I'm talking like, midway through a match. Maybe you've blown your x-factor already, but he's got 1 character, 3-4 bars and a Phoenix in the back. He's gonna get that meter. You notice you have 4 bars and Shuma on anchor with your lead on half health. Assuming you're good enough with your lead character, you land a hit and do a snap back.

In MvC3, you bring in Shuma, activate level 3 and hit Phoenix on her way in. It does 350k raw. She jumps back out because 450k health and red life. You can really badly lose the game from here still.

In UMvC3, Shuma comes in, level 3 go and you hit Phoenix with it. She is not getting another chance because mashing = Omae wa mo Shinderu.

It becomes a lot more reliable.

Oh and if she's sitting on an x-factor and panics in the air to try and escape, then bam, only lvl 2 regular Phoenix to deal with.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Mr Touchdown said:
Yeah but I'm talking like, midway through a match. Maybe you've blown your x-factor already, but he's got 1 character, 3-4 bars and a Phoenix in the back. He's gonna get that meter. You notice you have 4 bars and Shuma on anchor with your lead on half health. Assuming you're good enough with your lead character, you land a hit and do a snap back.

In MvC3, you bring in Shuma, activate level 3 and hit Phoenix on her way in. It does 350k raw. She jumps back out because 450k health and red life. You can really badly lose the game from here still.

In UMvC3, Shuma comes in, level 3 go and you hit Phoenix with it. She is not getting another chance because mashing = Omae wa mo Shinderu.

It becomes a lot more reliable.

Oh and if she's sitting on an x-factor and panics in the air to try and escape, then bam, only lvl 2 regular Phoenix to deal with.
I will NEVER EVER use xfactor to save someones ass if there is a bigger threat that I need it for. My team was Taskmaster/Shuma/Sent. I didn't really need Xfactor combos.

Oh and I let her turn dark a majority of the time. The snap in thing is only if everything is going my way greatly.

And yes I know it's way stronger in UMvC3 I'm just saying it still will always happen in mvc3 as well once you got used to the set ups and stuff for it.

QisTopTier said:
I will NEVER EVER use xfactor to save someones ass if there is a bigger threat that I need it for. My team was Taskmaster/Shuma/Sent. I didn't really need Xfactor combos.
Imma just say that Wolverine/random/Phoenix matches have gone really poorly for me in the past, and the Shuma 1 touch kill on Phoenix looks really nice looking back on those matches.

Wait, if you Chaos Dimension then xfactor, you can use the block stun as a hit confirm, right?

So like, Just do it when people are attacking then BAM DEAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom