• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Mission complete

Firebrand/RR/Shuma
Arthur/RR/Shuma
Taskmaster/Shuma/RR

Yeah I'll be zoning just fine

btw Firebrand isn't a zoning character he is a hybrid type

Grecco said:
Im not so sure. The air dash nerf is something that might change this. Lets wait for at least a couple weeks before saying rushdown will dominate

Ultimately who are the characters that will be extremely popular, overused, though of as top/high tier in this game? It will be the likes of Wesker, Vergil, Strider, Doom, Capt America, Zero, Dorm. Save Doom and maybe Dorm none of these characters are going to be sitting on the back spamming beams. Lots of people will still stick to Wolverine and Dante even with their nerfs, characters like Ryu, Skrull, Storm, X23, Felicia, Spencer all got buffs are will be used more often. Many people are already thinking of dropping Magneto, and he got his disruptor nerfed (but probably will have his keepaway buffed thanks to his new moves), so too are many dropping Taskmaster who got his keepaway nerfed too (but probably will be much better in UMvC3 than what many think). Hawkeye and Ghost Rider will be used but they won't be that popular, not many will be using Firebrand or Strange. So the most commonly used characters are still mostly going to be guys that will dash in and get on your face.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Probably gonna stick with Taskmaster. He's served me well in Vanilla, though I may not have him on all of my teams.

Grecco

Hawkeye and GR wont be "that" popular? I really thing they will, especially GR. Sentinel levels of popular at least the first weeks

I could have basically bought any game coming out on Tuesday except for Ultimate Marvel. Every retailer tells me that game wasn't shipped early enough. :(

I really want to try and get back grooving with Dormammu in this game. He was my most hyped for character besides Taskmaster. Taskmaster I still play, but he started to feel really boring towards th end of MvC3. UMvC3 looks like it's fixed that though. I picked Captain America in his place and have been having amazing amounts of fun with people not blocking the boomerang that is Shield Slash XD.

Spencer, was another case of yay, then he got boring. Shuma I tried for 2 months, then just gave up when no one had bought Jill or Shuma for play in tournaments. Wesker is easy. Dropping him for sure. Doom is easy once you get use to his execution on his air combos, but he's a tricky and fun son of a bitch. I had a Dark Doctor Doom moment last night. I was so amazed I just had to taunt the dude. Reverse OCV'd by Doom. He tried to snap him back in all night XD.

Yeah, Hawkeye. Goddamit I want this game. Worst thing is I had like, no time to get hyped for the reveal of Hawkeye like shaowebb or Red Arremer or DahBomb. He kinda just appeared at the first reveal and I couldn't believe it. I had no idea Hawkeye would make it in, but am really glad he is here. Especially with a Ronin alt.

And Phoenix fuck-mothering Wright. This, I knew it was coming, but his implementation has made him a must play for me. Goddamn at all the references in his animations and his alt colors and MAYA. So good.

V_Arnold

Oh guys, I am so clueless. Do not know what to practice, do not know which team to choose. In a few days, everything will be so easy as all the people online will stomp on me properly.

But now? :(

V_Arnold said:
Oh guys, I am so clueless. Do not know what to practice, do not know which team to choose. In a few days, everything will be so easy as all the people online will stomp on me properly.

But now? :(
If you want Hawkeye advice, I have theory on the subject :3

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that chaos dimension is also immune to dark phoenix rising :3
So if you are doing a super meaty vs her with another character you can just DHC into it and kill her from there on the spot

God's Beard said:
Hmm.... Dr. Strange can't teleport after air discs, can't cross up in the corner with teleports, and his only low is 2H :/
If you wiff his s.S, it looks like it takes way too long to come back down. Must not stretch properly.

No one ever listens to me :( wait no Karst did LOL
You saved me. I completely forgot about the rule and edited ASAP.

duckroll said:
Okay, I figure I might as well clear it up here. Everyone was banned for 2 weeks. Plan around that. Also, you guys KNOW scans are a no-no, especially stuff from the official guide released in the US. Come on!
It was the hype sir, the hype. They know not what they did. 'Twas like a fever upon them which beset them into the scan-posting frenzy.

Muwahaha this shit is gonna pretty much belong to ultimoo karst and me :p
At least it will be easier to keep up with the thread...

Why would people trash talk the banned folks? It's not like they can't read still, right? It's just a posting ban, I thought.

At least nobody good at theory fighter got banned. Team Best MarvelGAF is still in effect.

Karsticles(α-The Brains)/QisTopTier(β-The Looks)/God's Beard(γ-The Wildcard)
*nods*

V_Arnold

Mr Touchdown said:
If you want Hawkeye advice, I have theory on the subject :3

I am all ears. My team will definitely have Hawkeye and Iron Fist, but Hawkeye needs a solid assist way more than Iron Fist does, so I am open to any suggestions/advice :D (Same for combo learning, etc :D)

God's Beard said:
Hmm.... Dr. Strange can't teleport after air discs, can't cross up in the corner with teleports, and his only low is 2H :/

Worst of all his launcher is a ridiculous -21 on block. Iron Man's launcher which made him a laughing stock was -13 on block.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
devastatorprime said:
4gamer has a huge article with lots of screens and vids. They even have the new art for the returning characters in decent resolution. They need to fix the link to morrigan's art though as it links to her vanilla art.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/137/G013710/20111107062/
http://www.4gamer.net/games/137/G013710/20111107062/index_2.html

I'm still in the process of watching the vids but in the 1st link I really like that Trish combo. And Cap in the corner with an otg assit, plus one meter does a shit ton of damage.
ZMDS9.png

Shout outs to google translator. Also Mike Hugger.

scytheavatar said:
Worst of all his launcher is a ridiculous -21 on block. Iron Man's launcher which made him a laughing stock was -13 on block.
At least you can cancel to Mystic Sword M to make it safe. Still, no phoenix balls and no high/low mixups. They really didn't want to make him overpowered.

A Pretty Panda said:
http://i.imgur.com/ZMDS9.png[/im]

Shout outs to google translator. Also Mike Hugger.[/QUOTE]
An accurate representation of the amount of fear Thor strikes into the hearts of his rivals.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Glory to Sir Magnus, King of Spain

juan-carlos-magneto.jpg

Source is a comic cover, not a scan...getting paranoid

V_Arnold said:
I am all ears. My team will definitely have Hawkeye and Iron Fist, but Hawkeye needs a solid assist way more than Iron Fist does, so I am open to any suggestions/advice :D (Same for combo learning, etc :D)
Standard combo I've seen thus far is to do

s.L > M > c.H > S *superjump* j.M > j.M > j.H > j.S *land* Light Trick Jump > Poison Shot OTG xx Golden Arrow.

When you do the Light Trick Jump (QCB + L) you have to do Poison shot really fast off of it, so just mash it till you get think you can get the timing right. If you wanna just skip having the Poison arrow, you can just try a Super Scatter Shot after you land. Timing on any of the OTG stuff seems kind of strict though.

A relaunch combo is:

s.L > M > c.H > S *superjump* j.M > j.M > j.H > j.S *land* Light Trick Jump > Ice Shot *land* S *superjump* j.M > j.H > j.S *land* Super Scatter Shot.

If you're feeling lucky after a Super Scatter Shot, jump up and try and hit the opponent with a Golden Arrow too.

As for assists, you need something that covers the diagonal up-forward range if you're gonna zone. Iron Fist and his Dragon Kick are perfect for this.

And other good assists would probably be beam assists like Doom or Iron Man. Even Wesker if you just want to make the OTG stuff easier. Anything that helps with your zoning when you're recovering from anything basically. A nice assist may be something armored like Hulks Anti-Air gamma charge, which is a good "Get off me!" assist. But in all honestly, the Iron Fist Dragon Kick covers Hawkeye's weaknesses pretty well AND sets up a wall bounce for an easy combo.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
QisTopTier said:
Why does he have a metal hook penis?

Because Firebrand shouldn't have the monopoly on magic missile launchers.

Odinson

Looked at the gdlk alts last night went to bed...woke up and most of the Mahvel Gaf mains have been banned... :-( Two weeks isn't that bad I guess, it's a shame they'll be missing launch though.

Bark252 said:
Looked at the gdlk alts last night went to bed...woke up and most of the Mahvel Gaf mains have been banned... :-( Two weeks isn't that bad I guess, it's a shame they'll be missing launch though.
I wouldn't go that far.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Bark252 said:

I woke up so confused..."Did I post a scan last night even though I thought it would be risky? Can I still post?"

V_Arnold

Mr Touchdown said:
Standard combo I've seen thus far is to do

s.L > M > c.H > S *superjump* j.M > j.M > j.H > j.S *land* Light Trick Jump > Poison Shot OTG xx Golden Arrow.

When you do the Light Trick Jump (QCB + L) you have to do Poison shot really fast off of it, so just mash it till you get think you can get the timing right. If you wanna just skip having the Poison arrow, you can just try a Super Scatter Shot after you land. Timing on any of the OTG stuff seems kind of strict though.

A relaunch combo is:

s.L > M > c.H > S *superjump* j.M > j.M > j.H > j.S *land* Light Trick Jump > Ice Shot *land* S *superjump* j.M > j.H > j.S *land* Super Scatter Shot.

If you're feeling lucky after a Super Scatter Shot, jump up and try and hit the opponent with a Golden Arrow too.

As for assists, you need something that covers the diagonal up-forward range if you're gonna zone. Iron Fist and his Dragon Kick are perfect for this.

And other good assists would probably be beam assists like Doom or Iron Man. Even Wesker if you just want to make the OTG stuff easier. Anything that helps with your zoning when you're recovering from anything basically. A nice assist may be something armored like Hulks Anti-Air gamma charge, which is a good "Get off me!" assist. But in all honestly, the Iron Fist Dragon Kick covers Hawkeye's weaknesses pretty well AND sets up a wall bounce for an easy combo.

Wow, thank you! Will practice these combos then :D

Odinson

God's Beard said:
I wouldn't go that far.
Mains as in they kept the thread going. Of course we still have you, Heath, Qis, and Karst. With launch a few days away and everyone getting it urley this thread will be just fine.

Bark252 said:
Mains as in they kept the thread going. Of course we still have you, Heath, Qis, and Karst. With launch a few days away and everyone getting it urley this thread will be just fine.
I wouldn't go that far. :-(

Grecco

Bark252 said:

Now the unsung heroes of mahvel gaf can shine.

Umm, has this Spencer bullshit been talked about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6herLgcGus

Combofiend for tippity-top tier?

2 meters, 1 mil, no assists. REALLY.

May as well post some notes for Peter. Taken from SRK:

Spidey boards on SRK said:
So some notes after playing the new Spidey. Sorry this is short, posting from cell phone.
-Gets full combo from air throw, front and back.
-Better getting in with zip cancels and double swing on push block.
-Simple ground series links to Crawler Assault now.
-UWT is much better AA now. All resets still work with it, or so it seems.
-Web Throw spits them out at a higher angle so TK MS seems easier

That said, hit stun decay rapes this character.

-Double Swing seems terrible in combos. Unless Im missing something? I can't do anything besides raw launcher after double swing, j.s,.series xx.StingxxBite.
-Only Air L Swing seems to combo off grounded swing.
-Zip OTG to MS is stupid (t)ight after long combos. Seems impossible or crazy strict.
-No JC'd H Web Throw off launcher on a longer combo unless in the corner.

I figured out the (spider-bite) timing actually is different. You can do it earlier than vanilla, which causes whiffs depending on height.

You can still combo with Zip xx.j.H, ground combo for OTG. For MS, I will test more tomorrow. It could be I haven't got the timing down. Im not an execution pro.

Still, he feels solid still. His approach is better, as are his anti air options. His damage got hurt though... Not being able to Web Throw off launcher midscreen sucks. Especially since it scales. I have to make a new BnB... Or Xero/Air.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-man-change-log-thread-updated.141929/page-11

Peter-tech will be developed and soundly deployed by me. 3 days till I can bash all the Vergils and Weskers awaiting :D

I'm really curious to see if Strange's counter can force Bionic Arm to whiff, and who would recover first.

Spencer was already an incredible anchor, and he's only gotten better. Much, much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom