• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
shaowebb said:
Iron Fist is gonna be tricky as hell to deal with on Rushdown. The ability to kara kancel into chi during block strings will be great considering it can absorb 1 hit free letting you have the option to hyper punish any normal they throw
do any of his lvl1 hyper's have invincibility? because that ain't gon work against anyone with invincibility or just great priority on their lvl1s, which is quite a few people (as well as counter hypers).

also how fast are they? are they even fast enough to be able to punish anyone with rapid fire l's?

shaowebb

A Human Becoming said:
Fuck school, college is worthless anyway.

I haven't been able to find a job since I graduated in May. :(

Take that noise out of my face. College is my way out of no where WV and I don't plan on looking back. So far my prospects as an animator seem solid. Of course I'm willing to move anywhere in the world for this career though so my options may be more numerous than yours.
PM me. I got the hookup on job leads thanks to my school. Its tied to just about every job engine, private industry listings, government listings, and newspaper on the planet. I'm even finding things in europe for folks through them. I didn't choose a college that would put me $80k in loan debt for nothing...they're pretty top tier. Maybe I can help.

Grecco

Being unemployed out of school sucks, im one of those too. Also in sorta related news , ive been getitng rid of my old magazines and its pretty cool seing how Tips and Tricks used to cover tournaments during the early 2000s. They even had top 10 lists of SF3, CVS2 and MVC2

Karsticles said:
People are unanimously reporting it to be better.
What about the connection issues? It was such a chore to get into matches in Vanilla.

Also, I thought early UMvC3 streams were getting shut down on Twitch?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
striKeVillain! said:
What about the connection issues? It was such a chore to get into matches in Vanilla.

Also, I thought early UMvC3 streams were getting shut down on Twitch?

Yeah, I wouldn't call my stream Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom at this point. I'd call it something random like Trampoline Fun in Tokyo to avoid detection.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Spruchy if you want a solid stream of online matches the best way is probably still to sit in training mode with fight request on.

Odinson

A Human Becoming said:
We should start a scrub360 list. My GT is ICallItFutile
Sent a request.

Parallax Scroll said:
I'm closer to scrub than pro. Sent you a friend request.
Also added. My XBL is ParallaxScroll.
Added

RoyalFlush said:

Not sure if it was posted but Royal flush went into to detail on the changes for Thor. I know there's not a lot of Thor players on gaf but hopefully these changes will increase his use. The mighty strike and MS buffs are really great. His movement in the air should be a lot faster and he covers a lot of distance.

Araxen

Banned
Capcom needs to realize these early streams on twitch/justin.tv help their sales. I had zero interest in getting vanilla MVC3 till I got hooked by watching streams the weekend before it came out. Nov 15th is so clogged up with games they need any advantage they can get for people to buy it.

Ashkeloth

Road said:

Seems to me that this won't be that big of a deal. It probably only works on fireballs rather than beams, and most good zoning/keepaway characters use beams.

That said, this guy is starting to remind me of Hakumen from Blazblue a bit with all of his super long range normals that can cut through projectiles, except that he doesn't have as many downsides such as having to spend the first half of the round on the defensive, or generally lacking mobility. He probably has less health comparatively, though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Bark252 said:
Sent a request.

Added

Not sure if it was posted but Royal flush went into to detail on the changes for Thor. I know there's not a lot of Thor players on gaf but hopefully these changes will increase his use. The mighty strike and MS buffs are really great. His movement in the air should be a lot faster and he covers a lot of distance.

wait are we having scrub marvel account or just adding each other on friend list? I am kinda scrubs. I kept losing to good players. :\

CPS2

Hm i have like no time to play this game and my tv just died lol. Might have to just be a YouTube monster for a while...

A Human Becoming said:
Fuck school, college is worthless anyway.

I haven't been able to find a job since I graduated in May. :(
1-2 interviews EVERYWHERE since I moved out to LA/Hollywood and no hit....

ilMikhail

Finally got UMVC3 :)

I liked the new characters especially hawkeye, firebrand and Vergil

Speaking of vergil how can I do his sword OTG :/

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Stupid Capcom bullshit.

CAN'T HAVE PEOPLE KNOWING ABOUT THE GAME TWO DAYS BEFORE IT COMES OUT.

ilMikhail said:
Finally got UMVC3 :)

I liked the new characters especially hawkeye, firebrand and Vergil

Speaking of vergil how can I do his sword OTG :/
df+H for the OTG sword uppercut. Then at the top of your jump, press H to cancel into teleport and then immediately cancel into qcf super.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Htown said:
Stupid Capcom bullshit.

CAN'T HAVE PEOPLE KNOWING ABOUT THE GAME TWO DAYS BEFORE IT COMES OUT.

I'm not sure it's Capcom. The embargo shown by the Twitch admin only mentions reviews. Capcom has allowed stuff like Ultimate Marvel vs Norcal and such so it may be just Twitch covering their asses legally with a general policy.

Damn, I'm gone for the weekend and someone gets banned? smh

I got to play Ultimate on Saturday with Corimon and hiimnasty. We even played in a tournament, and I got TOP FOUR, FUCK YEAH.
There were only four entrants. :(

My initial impressions based on the news I've read and my own experiences:

- Rocket Raccoon is a really bad zoner. In fact, I think he straight up loses to Viewtiful Joe, since nothing he has can break through Voomerangs, and cancel out at best. I was actually beating some of Rocket's stuff with them, and they negated Log Trap completely. Besides that match, there's nothing really special about what he does besides catching someone by surprise with Log Trap > Hyper.

- Wesker is still a dick.

- Iron Fist is pretty damn good. Nasty was giving me the business with him, but proper blocking stops IF in his tracks. He needs to rely on tricks and assists to break blocks, but you also need to not crack under IF's pressure, since he can and will be on you constantly.

- Ryu is fun as hell, and Denjin Mode isn't as nice as I thought it would be. I didn't have a lot of time to test stuff out though in DM, though.

- Cori's Vergil is pretty bad. If you're reading this Cori, sorry. :lol

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Nils said:
I'm not sure it's Capcom. The embargo shown by the Twitch admin only mentions reviews. Capcom has allowed stuff like Ultimate Marvel vs Norcal and such so it may be just Twitch covering their asses legally with a general policy.
But I don't get it at all. did they sign an embargo agreement? Is Twitch into game journalism? Why did it even come up?

smurfx said:
poor delusional ps3 users. bad enough they went and bough a ps3 but now they are going crazy.
I own both systems. Besides, who really thinks the 360 has a better game library than the PS3 unless you absolutely adore FPSes?

smurfx

get some go again
alright i'm going to go get something to eat and then spend all day in training mode. i'll probably enter the tournament with my old team while i spend the rest of my time in training mode and player matches trying to make my new characters work. oh and i'm probably not going to use ghost rider. well not unless i get a stick. i'll probably be getting one so he might still make my team.

Karsticles said:
I own both systems. Besides, who really thinks the 360 has a better game library than the PS3 unless you absolutely adore FPSes?
lol to be honest with you i don't really care about either. i usually just like to troll you guys. :p hell the only game i play on my 360 is mvc3 and now umvc3. only reason i went with the 360 is because there is more people playing online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom