• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
smurfx said:
poor delusional ps3 users. bad enough they went and bough a ps3 but now they are going crazy.

Feh, what is your username for 360?

I bought ps3 only for ps3 exclusive games and blu ray movies.

smurfx

get some go again
IntelliHeath said:
Feh, what is your username for 360?

I bought ps3 only for ps3 exclusive games and blu ray movies.
smurfxzilla , add me on there if you are going 360 for ultimate.

ilMikhail

Parallax Scroll said:
df+H for the OTG sword uppercut. Then at the top of your jump, press H to cancel into teleport and then immediately cancel into qcf super.

Thanks :) , btw Iron Fist is a fucking monster , best new rushdown character

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
GuardianE said:
Makes me giddy. :)

For people who have it early, how much mashing is required for max damage on Hypers? I'm having a hard time maxing Haggar's damage with a pad. ;-/

OMG YES! That meant I can beat you more often?! :p

Yeah, I saw few people were talking about pad warriors would have tough time with mashing hypers. I recalled DevilJin mention that @ SRK. I think one of pro player mentioned that as well.

I bet Mad Catz requested Capcom to add mashing hypers to sell more sticks!

Mad Catz and Capcom = CONSPIRACY!
dont hate me, markman. I was just kidding

shaowebb

corrosivefrost said:
Has anyone posted glorious Iron Fist or Strider combos in the same vein as those from Isedelica with Vergil above?
2rms7sk.jpg

corrosivefrost said:
... glorious Iron Fist or Strider combos ...
2r38d8j.jpg

corrosivefrost said:
... glorious Iron Fist ...combos ...
255mdt4.jpg

MANLY PICTURE TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, this game is so addicting. I was playing online ranked matches eariler on the PS3, no lag at all whatsoever. Way better than vanilla do far. (Until the masses come in I suppose.)

Now I have people over and we have cans of pringles all over. Loud and crunchy!

smurfx said:
lol to be honest with you i don't really care about either. i usually just like to troll you guys. :p hell the only game i play on my 360 is mvc3 and now umvc3. only reason i went with the 360 is because there is more people playing online.
Lucky for you (or unlucky?), I don't mind being trolled, and respond genuinely.

shaowebb

IntelliHeath said:
hahaha.

I noticed that armored girl in background is the girl shown up in Dr.Strange ending.
I think her name is Valkyrie. I think she started in Ultimates as a Thor fan who ended up with powers like him and as his piece of fluff on the side. If thats her then shes apparently 616 canon at some point within those avengers too. I can't remember her though so she's not a big deal unless she becomes a DLC Thor alternative with faster startups and more mobility.
God's Beard said:
I'll never understand the whole superhero obsession with costumes. Every single one of them looks dumb as hell.

Maybe if they wore shades and had trenchcoats and swords more often they could look as cool as Capcom's outfits then. :D

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
shaowebb said:
I think her name is Valkyrie. I think she started in Ultimates as a Thor fan who ended up with powers like him and as his piece of fluff on the side. If thats her then shes apparently 616 canon at some point within those avengers too. I can't remember her though so she's not a big deal unless she becomes a DLC Thor alternative with faster startups and more mobility.

616 Valkyrie is legit Asgardian and was around before the Ultimate version.

God's Beard said:
I'll never understand the whole superhero obsession with costumes. Every single one of them looks dumb as hell.

You're making zombie enzo angry, you wouldn't like zombie enzo when he's angry.

shaowebb

Nils said:
616 Valkyrie is legit Asgardian and was around before the Ultimate version.
Oh good, because she was dumb as hell in The Ultimates. I love Brian Hitch and the way he handled several characters, but Hulk, Thor, Valkyrie and quite a few others were boned pretty hard by him. I wont even mention the rest of the Ultimate-verse. I wish it would die.

By the way that comic I posted is a link to Iron Fist combos :DFists of Fury into Fists of Fury looks like an easy finish to rack up a character kill without assists or xfactor. 2 meters and most the cast is dead. I think that combo might builds 3.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I figured out the girl in Dr. Strange's ending..

Blonde girl with armors is Magik.

shaowebb said:

Maybe if they wore shades and had trenchcoats and swords more often they could look as cool as Capcom's outfits then. :D

No way. I never saw her wearing any helmet.

BeautifulMemory said:
Anyone else on PS3 I can add?
I'll be on PSN.

PSN: atrickcard

I'll need some training. I've abandoned Marvel for a few so I'm behind in technology. I'm hoping to take Ultimate Marvel more serious than that.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Ultimate line is what got me into comics, and I still like it for the most part. Ultimate Spider-Man is one of the most solid books throughout and the beginning of Ultimates was good as well. I dislike everything Loeb did with it, culminating in the terribad downright disrespectful Ultimatum.
Guess who's writing the new Nova.....:'(
but things seem to be looking up now that they've got Hickman and Spencer taking the reins.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
IntelliHeath said:
OMG YES! That meant I can beat you more often?! :p

Yeah, I saw few people were talking about pad warriors would have tough time with mashing hypers. I recalled DevilJin mention that @ SRK. I think one of pro player mentioned that as well.

I bet Mad Catz requested Capcom to add mashing hypers to sell more sticks!

Mad Catz and Capcom = CONSPIRACY!
dont hate me, markman. I was just kidding

:(

I refuse to turbo, so I might have to settle for only some mash damage then. I was fine with mashing hypers, I just didn't want it to be all that strict.

Arde5643

Professor Beef said:
Yes, minus the space.

Damn last page burying my playtest impressions. :(
Is denjin mode more of a use in combos as a ghetto x-factor lvl 1? It doesn't seem to give him too much buffs outside of combos.

Oh yeah, Beef - how does denjin affect Ryu's assist? I was thinking of doing denjin mode mid-combo and then TAC'ing to keep Ryu in denjin mode as assist.

Arde5643 said:
Is denjin mode more of a use in combos as a ghetto x-factor lvl 1? It doesn't seem to give him too much buffs outside of combos.

Oh yeah, Beef - how does denjin affect Ryu's assist? I was thinking of doing denjin mode mid-combo and then TAC'ing to keep Ryu in denjin mode as assist.
I had Ryu as my anchor, so I didn't have a real opportunity to test out his assists. I can say that his fully charged Hadoken has a ton of durability. It nearly beat out Raccoon's "Rock and Roll" hyper.

Iron Fist wears a bandanna over his eyes, Dr.Strange looks like Michael Flatley, and looks at Wolverine trying to be a badass with bat wings coming out of his damn eyebrows like Heihachi on steroids. I don't even know what is up with Hawkeye.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Thankfully Nurse Nemesis is one pretty motherfucker.

shaowebb

I can't wait till monday night. Its gonna be so good. I've wanted to play Iron Fist for over a decade in a fighter and now I'll get him.
And the best part is he looks like he hits like a truck.
You know whats great about that?
5kghe0.jpg

Everything.

God's Beard said:
Iron Fist wears a bandanna over his eyes, Dr.Strange looks like Michael Flatley, and looks at Wolverine trying to be a badass with bat wings coming out of his damn eyebrows like Heihachi on steroids. I don't even know what is up with Hawkeye.
I wouldn't count Dr. Strange, since 1) it seems like more of a work uniform than anything, and 2) he's a fucking magic man, so he doesn't give a fuck.

Agreed on Hawkeye though.

V_Arnold

God's Beard said:

Who the fuck cares, honestly? If you do, well... good for you. Time to open up some 20 year old wine and think about how meta life is. In a serious, non-costumed way.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Professor Beef said:
I wouldn't count Dr. Strange, since 1) it seems like more of a work uniform than anything, and 2) he's a fucking magic man, so he doesn't give a fuck.

Agreed on Hawkeye though.

Strange has that old man Hefner swag. Kinda have to agree on Hawkeye as well. One of the reasons why I wasn't too hyped on him. Ronin outfit might actually get me to play him as his playstyle is something I like.

shaowebb

Nils said:
Strange has that old man Hefner swag. Kinda have to agree on Hawkeye as well. One of the reasons why I wasn't too hyped on him. Ronin outfit might actually get me to play him as his playstyle is something I like.

Seriously? I've always loved his classic look. Of course I have a thing for archers period, but I always thought he had a cool outfit. Of course I could always point out his Capcom-level of cool outfit thats not in the game if I wanna gush on the character.
16jnh3.jpg

Perfect marksmanship is so under rated a super power. Who cares what someone can do when all you need is the ability to hit them perfectly a single time to drop them. Guy is OP when the writer's realize this. He turns into a flashback from the comicbook "Wanted".

Thread needs more pictures at this point. POST COMIC ART AND CHARACTER SHOTS FROM GAMES FOR THE HYPE TRAIN!
WOO! WOO!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
shaowebb said:
Seriously? I've always loved his classic look. Of course I have a thing for archers period, but I always thought he had a cool outfit. Of course I could always point out his Capcom-level of cool outfit thats not in the game if I wanna gush on the character.
16jnh3.jpg

Perfect marksmanship is so under rated a super power. Who cares what someone can do when all you need is the ability to hit them perfectly a single time to drop them. Guy is OP when the writer's realize this. He turns into a flashback from the comicbook "Wanted".

Thread needs more pictures at this point. POST COMIC ART AND CHARACTER SHOTS FROM GAMES FOR THE HYPE TRAIN!
WOO! WOO!

I dunno, its mostly the shape of the mask and the shade of purple that didn't mesh for me. The character himself is okay. Taskmaster is my most played character in Vanilla and I love long ranged classes in games in general.

shaowebb

God's Beard said:
It's fucking comics. Everybody is overpowered and nothing matters.

Don't you have any comic book character's your a fan of? I mean everyone whether they're a fan or not seems to like someone because everyone likes the idea of a hero. Don't you have any comic book character that seems to stand out to you as pretty cool?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God's Beard said:
So I was playing against QisAnObstacleCourse yesterday and I thought, hey, I need to beat some projectiles and you know who beats projectiles? Thor! We haven't talked in a while so I phoned up my old friend and asked him what he thought about evildoers. Into the demon's nest we flew!

Like young Icarus once knew, how quickly it is the wax binding you to the heavens can become unfurled, the sunlight in Shuma's eyes melting the dreams of once mighty men.

Fuck Thor.
LOL

shaowebb said:
Don't you have any comic book character's your a fan of? I mean everyone whether they're a fan or not seems to like someone because everyone likes the idea of a hero. Don't you have any comic book character that seems to stand out to you as pretty cool?
I like Iron Man. I had one of his comics when I was a kid. He got really drunk, beat his girlfriend up and killed a bunch of innocent people then his own suit kicked the shit out of him.

I don't like any of the newer Iron Man stuff, and I never read any of the other old stuff. I read a few hundred of the new marvel comics with the month subscription that came with the SE hoping I'd find something worthwhile. I didn't.

There are a lot of Marvel characters that I think would be really cool in a fighting game, but none that I think are cool as characters. I actually disagree pretty heavily with the way Marvel makes comics like a character stock market instead of just letting people write what they want. It's just a bunch of bullshit tie ins and rehashes. I wouldn't pay to watch movie trailers, and I wouldn't pay for Marvel's 30-page marketing pamphlets either.

If you mean comics outside of Marvel, none of the characters I like are superheroes.

Azure J

Tiger uppercut said:
On a tangent, Frank West is Mel Gibson.

Think about it.

I was just thinking that he reminded me of someone recently. :lol

Reading the impressions on characters over at SRK is pretty fucking funny and has resulted in me putting an alternate main team I really feel stupid for not thinking about before. Dante (Jam Session)/Felicia (Rolling Buckler)/Vergil (Rapid Slash) sounds amazing from DevilJin's comments.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
God's Beard said:
God that Vergil normals shit is dumb. Yay, kill fireballs, cancel into stinger = ???

Finally, a teleport character gets a way around zoning.

So they dont actually want a better zoning game lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom