• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
akilshohen said:
Do not know why I got this game preordered at multiple places for the costumes...and yes I will be returning the other copy when I get the codes (actually just forgot I preordered on amazon...)
Best Buy never had the pre-order set up properly
I just back from pre-ordering it at Best Buy. The rep told me that the costume code should print with the coupon. Don't know about that because I got my Gears 3 pre-order incentive emailed to me on launch day.

McNum

Kyoufu said:
Never thought I'd say this but the JP VAs suck.
Dante doesn't sound nearly cocky enough either. Just goes to show that the English VA and VA directors really did their homework for this one. I'm planning on running them all in English, I like to understand what they say. Plus English Felicia's voice is a weapon of its own.

Kyoufu

Korigama said:
Can't say I care for any of the JP voices except for Strider. Hearing RE and DMC characters in Japanese will always sound weird to me.

The problem is they aren't even good. They feel like random JP VAs were called in to do the job.

kunonabi

Kyoufu said:
Never thought I'd say this but the JP VAs suck.

depends on the character. Darkstalkers JP voices own their english counterparts. Chris should always be american though. Overall Marvel though is a big step up from those awful english SFIV VAs. Still can't stand the new Magneto though.

FSLink

Banned
kunonabi said:
depends on the character. Darkstalkers JP voices own their english counterparts. Chris should always be american though. Overall Marvel though is a big step up from those awful english SFIV VAs. Still can't stand the new Magneto though.
Yeah. For me, I generally go Darkstalkers and SF characters = JP, excluding C. Viper in English. Everyone else in English.

JNaQK.png

Stay free, Vergil.

Korigama

kunonabi said:
At this point, I can't picture Morrigan without the Scottish accent, which I didn't expect to like (at the same time, though, I just prefer the VA's delivery). I'm indifferent in respect to Hsien-Ko and Felicia.

McNum

Korigama said:
At this point, I can't picture Morrigan without the Scottish accent, which I didn't expect to like (at the same time, though, I just prefer the VA's delivery). I'm indifferent in respect to Hsien-Ko and Felicia.
I'll happily admit bias here, but I adore English Felica's voice. Not because it's good, oh no, quite the opposite, really. It's because it's comedy gold. Imagine English Felicia having a normal conversation with that voice. It's like Batman slipping on a banana peel and falling down a manhole, it's inherently funny. Plus, whenever I bring out Felicia, I'm secretly hoping my opponent is using headphones... "LET'S GO!" "FINISH!" "Everybody! HELP!!" "You're rubbing me the wrong way!" I'm immune to it, but that really has to get annoying. And an annoyed player makes mistakes.

But seriously, I just prefer the entire cast speaking the same language. Some of the quips and comebacks might be language specific. Besides, I think when you play online, you'll hear the language that the opponent has set the Capcom characters to, so even on all English, you might run into Japanese Arthur.

Teknoman

A Human Becoming said:
There isn't one, but I'll make one now and send friend requests to everyone.

Cool because i'm getting my ass kicked in 8 different directions online with the current MvC 3 crowd lol.

Got a lot to learn about off the grounds and so on.

Azure J

Breaking News from enzo on Scrub-GAF:

someone tell A Human Becoming not to make a new GAF-tag and just use the one in OP, the whole point of the MahvelGAF tag is to hook up scrubs

So guys, the tag is there and ready to use, be sure to use it. :)

rukland

Unconditional said:
Got my amazon shipping notification. Bout time.

Same here I have been checking like all day. It damn well better get here early I have nothing else planned tomorrow but that game :)

I just saw that Zero combo video and holy shit there needs to be a versus theme for Megaman vs Zero. That shit is sick and Zero=OP.

Oh, I don't think I've seen a link to the HD extended intro in the thread so here you go...
Caj814 said:
Goodbye Vanilla. . .you had a nice long run and tons of lab time but in a few hours it will be time to move on.

I present. . .
MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3 THE LAST HURRAH VOL. 3 THE FINALE
I've got to hand it to you. Those combos were pretty sick and your music choices are on point. I can't wait to see the craziness that you bring to UMvC3. ^_^
corrosivefrost said:
I honestly feel like I am watching a DMC game right now...

rukland

Kyoufu said:
WHY ISN'T IT TUESDAY YET?! I look forward to getting my ass pounded by fellow scrubs.

I was getting beat very soundly today in random games. I think I am the definition of free I hope I can get a tad better in Ultimate.

Kyoufu thanks for the chat invite. Infact if any of the scrubs still need one just sent me a friends invite on PSN since I still have friends space open.

Frantic

God, watching Nerdjosh's stream makes me really hype for Frank. He's crazy in level 5. I'm going to be stuck in training mode for so long, especially with some of the older characters getting new tech.

Teknoman

Frantic said:
God, watching Nerdjosh's stream makes me really hype for Frank. He's crazy in level 5. I'm going to be stuck in training mode for so long, especially with some of the older characters getting new tech.

Frank was fun as hell to use in TvC, should be equally so if not more here.

Frantic said:
Frank is a G. I want him on my team regardless of tier.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
AzureJericho said:
Breaking News from enzo on Scrub-GAF:

So guys, the tag is there and ready to use, be sure to use it. :)
spindashing said:
You don't have to make a new GAF-tag. Just use the one in OP.

edit: Beat.
I didn't know it was intended for scrubs to hook up. Use that then.
Even though I made one.

GatorBait

Kyoufu said:
Mahvel Scrubs - PS3

PSN ID - GAF User Name

Kyoufu - Kyoufu
RobotZero - The Broken Ska Record
Dragon17013 - Degen
FullFlej - A Pretty Panda
Pixeltendo - JazzmanZ
lyteedge2 - Lyte Edge
Darshiro - Kintaro
securitypurpose - BeautifulMemory
Nert23 - Nert
hansuramu_jp - Netto-kun
Negatorz - Negator
thelovecook - Soulstar
ScalpelKnight - Scalpel Knight
Kirblar - Kirblar
KingRuiner - Twisted-Gamer
Ace_235 - Ace_235
rukland - rukland
Raiden2000 - Ra1den
corrosivefrost - corrosivefrost
GunnerGlory - GunnerGlory
Aesthet1c - Aesthet1c
MrMephistoX - MrMephistoX
ihearthawthats - ihearthawthats
djplaeskool - djplaeskool
kevo_huevo - kevo_huevo
LuckyAaron13 - tapedeck
SteakJuice - Takuan
OSHAN - OSHAN
AnkiRendan - AnkiRendan
RADRAD1985 - RADRAD
HyperFludd - HyperFludd
Vercimber - Vercimber
KoKuTan_Kaizoku - SnakeSlashRO
McNum - McNum
MoTheHawk - Mo The Hawk
Str0ngerStyle - Str0ngStyle

Just a note that my PSN friends list is full so if you want in on the PS3 scrub chat you'll need an invite from someone else.

Add me, please. PSN ID: GatorEsq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom