• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";73288526]Lol you'd never combo after that shit[/QUOTE]
Hey man I am just throwing out ideas. If you got a way to improve her super jump hit confirm game I am all ears.

With the proposed changes on that front page what are some teams you guys would be looking into. I'd keep Iron Fist and Arthur together for the bro levels of dagger dashing, but as good as Taskmaster +rising fang is I'd probably check out Iron Fist and Ryu again for awhile. They had great DHC and crumple combos together. I'd also love to revisit some Chun Li team building.
I would give my old Hsien-Ko/Amateratsu/Morrigan team another shot if I can actually OTG with Morrigan using Soul fists. I would definitely mix things up by putting Ryu in there for anchor position down the road since he would be capable of OTGs on his own.

Being capable of picking someone off the ground is really damn important in any verus style game...

Dahbomb

Everyone would run Sentinel, Storm, Hawkeye/Chris, Strider, Iron Man, Magneto, Dormammu, Dante, Nova, Doom as they would be the best characters in the game. It would basically be MVC2.. just replace Dante with CapCom and Hawkeye/Chris with Cable.

As much as we tried, game will boil down to it's own top tiers and low tiers. But I am at least confident that the gaps will be lower.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";73289096]Make Talon Attack M/H cancelable into Talon Attack L. When you cancel it, Talon Attack is guaranteed hard knockdown.[/QUOTE]
This is a good solution. Bravo.

Frantic

This sounds like something that the engine may not be capable of. This is potential for some serious glitches.
The first, yes, but the whiff one should be fine. I'm pretty sure Magneto and Wesker's counters don't allow you to chain into the next normal if you activate them, so I don't see why they can't make Strange's do the same.

Azure J

Everyone would run Sentinel, Storm, Hawkeye/Chris, Strider, Iron Man, Magneto, Dormammu, Dante, Nova, Doom as they would be the best characters in the game. It would basically be MVC2.. just replace Dante with CapCom and Hawkeye/Chris with Cable.

No Viper? Vergil? Zero?

I still think our current gods would still be up there. They just won't be as abusive as they were.

As much as we tried, game will boil down to it's own top tiers and low tiers. But I am at least confident that the gaps will be lower.
Good luck dealing with VSav Lei Lei on Marvel steroids. The game ends the moment cold stars or any multi hit assist pins you down and God forbid they decide to run away with her after getting a lead.

Dahbomb

No Viper? Vergil? Zero?

I still think our current gods would still be up there. They just won't be as abusive as they were.
Vergil is going WAY down, I think we might have over nerfed him. Zero and Viper will stay high but with so many fliers being good this makes Viper's job a lot harder.

Vergil losing lvl1 Spiral Swords basically makes him like a longer limbed but unsafer Wesker. Only he does not have Wesker's Rhino Charge. That means the super buffed rushdown characters will go in on him hard. I think Vergil + Strider would be still good but if you plan to play Vergil it has to be a team optimized for him on point or pure anchor status. Most teams will drop him because he does not have SS DHC anymore and quite frankly people are tired of running derp anchor Vergil anyway.

Zero won't get much use because too many characters are both godly on point and godly as support. Why would you pick Zero when you can pick Sentinel/Storm/Iron Man/Magneto etc who all provide great point game now and great assists. Plus there are a lot more AA assists running around ruining Zero's day.

Basically teams will be decided on what characters provide the whole package. Point only characters will sort of go down as will characters who are better as assists/anchors minus Strider (so Akuma and Ammy will go down in usage). Characters like Ghost Rider and Haggar will remain as "counter pick" tiers.

I will make a whole tier list on this imaginary game.. it will be fun.

New Trish is pretty godlike.
Yea she's absurd. Morrigan is not that bad either, definitely competitive.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";73289096]Make Talon Attack M/H cancelable into Talon Attack L. When you cancel it, Talon Attack is guaranteed hard knockdown.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, either this or the ability to cancel your Talon L or M into Falling Claw for more mobility. I always try to do either when I stopped playing for a while and always bummed it doesn't work. Feels like a natural addition to her game plan. On a side note, man I'm going to be so bummed if all of this turns out to be hopeful theory wankery. Barring a full update, I want a patch so bad. Not going to comment on any characters after this. Task/Dormammu/Nova/X-23 is pretty much all I ever played so I don't feel comfortable weighing in on others.

Dahbomb

If this patch becomes real I am confident in saying this might be the best game ever made. Period.

At least for Karst and me... LOL!

Dahbomb

BTW I am going to open discussion on all the characters now. It's basically FREE FOR ALL now, any changes you want for any character goes in now:

Viewtiful Joe
Spencer
Magneto
Felicia
Spider Man

LET'S FINISH THIS!!!!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
kcK7WU0.png

I didn't get the 895 I wanted.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Would be amazing if the community could just make this, like Project M for Brawl. Might have been feasible with a pc version.

Frantic

Vergil is going WAY down, I think we might have over nerfed him.
I actually agree somewhat. Definitely needs tweaking(though I feel almost everyone in the list needs some tweaking here or there). Vergil really doesn't have a spectacular moveset all around, it's just that was is good about him is really fucking good that it kind of overshadows that fact. That and XF giving him some absurd buffs.

Zissou

Would be amazing if the community could just make this, like Project M for Brawl. Might have been feasible with a pc version.

People would never agree though. Marvel GAF is small enough that we can work through things, but I doubt the community as a whole could ever agree on a balance update. To get widespread adoption, it's gotta be capcom that makes the changes.

I'm liking the Akuma changes a lot, even if they're a little light and I'd still like to see his demon flip dive kick come out faster.

Spencer needs something serious if you're straight up removing the UVG. And anyone complaining about the character outside of ToDs needs to learn to throw those zips all day every day because you can.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
People would never agree though. Marvel GAF is small enough that we can work through things, but I doubt the community as a whole could ever agree on a balance update. To get widespread adoption, it's gotta be capcom that makes the changes.

Of course, but at least there'd be a sandbox to play in even if the adoption was insignificant if Capcom does not come through.

* uncharged Voomerangs do not disappear when Joe is hit; charged Voomerangs remain the same
* Increased damage for Joe's non-voomerang moves
* Red Hot Kick L/M can OTG

That's it tbh

Magneto

• Magnetic Blast durability reduced to 3
  • standing jab no longer chains into itself
  • EMD L returned to vanilla status
  • Air Hyper Grav M/H startup sped up by 5 frames
  • During Force Field active frames, left stick moves your opponent
  • Magnetic Tempest now has tracking, OTGs
  • Magneto can airdash 3 times

Some nerfs, some buffs, overall fair.

Frantic

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";73292786]Magneto

• Magnetic Tempest now has tracking

Some nerfs, some buffs, overall fair.[/QUOTE]seems legit

lol at the 3 airdash buff

Dahbomb

I actually agree somewhat. Definitely needs tweaking(though I feel almost everyone in the list needs some tweaking here or there). Vergil really doesn't have a spectacular moveset all around, it's just that was is good about him is really fucking good that it kind of overshadows that fact. That and XF giving him some absurd buffs.
Vergil is basically like Wolverine. He doesn't have a lot but what he has effective and gets the job done. Plus it's easy to apply all his tools. Current Vergil was a problem because he shut down so much stuff that it basically didn't allow you to play your game half of the time.

New Vergil would be like how I envisioned the character to be played. He would be reset heavy but footsie heavy character and you would have to make choice decisions on how to burn/use your meter. You would have to maximize the usage of Devil Trigger and get the most out of it. Right now there is no thought to this because SS removes the thought completely. Someone is getting to zany? Turn on SS. Can't open someone up? Turn on SS. Someone set ups a zoning? Turn on SS. On anchor he would still be great as DT doesn't lose its effectiveness but it would have to be XF3 Vergil which is now equivalent to a slightly nerfed XF2 Vergil. But people will have figured him out by now and will not respect him without his SS.

Also we definitely over buffed Iron Man and Storm.

Magnetic Blast durability reduced to 3
standing jab no longer chains into itself
EMD L returned to vanilla status
Air Hyper Grav M/H startup sped up by 5 frames
During Force Field active frames, left stick moves your opponent
Magnetic Tempest now has tracking, OTGs
Magneto can airdash 3 times
LOL NO!

Only thing I care about Magneto is nerfing the damage on Gravs and nerfing Mag Blast. The rest of the character can say is, buff the counters that's it.

Zissou

[/QUOTE]

wtf at these 3.

Tirael

BTW I am going to open discussion on all the characters now. It's basically FREE FOR ALL now, any changes you want for any character goes in now:

Viewtiful Joe
Spencer
Magneto
Felicia
Spider Man

LET'S FINISH THIS!!!!
Oh man, I am so excited.

Some nerfs, some buffs, overall fair.[/QUOTE]
Let us double his size. An homage to MvC1.

Azure J

why is my name blue

why are you logged into my account

how are you logged into my account

wat

Admittedly I got tripped up by this before, but the bolded name is just whoever made the thread.

Magneto's fair right now and I hate saying that as someone who can't stand Jewish Pele getting his two-step on with the side of my character's face. :p

Although... You could give him that c.H OTG so I can run the defacto point Dante team. :D

Spencer:
- Fix unscaled damage on grounded Wire Grapple H

Viewtiful Joe is fair although even without me playing him ever, I definitely support him getting Red Hot Kick OTG. Shoutouts to urley Marvel heads.

Dahbomb

Guys can we please give Spider Man some better assists? That guy who got shutdown by Nitsuma sure would appreciate it.

Solune

Guys can we please give Spider Man some better assists? That guy who got shutdown by Nitsuma sure would appreciate it.

Web Ball duration not affected by HSD,
Spider Sting is two-part causes ground-bounce/hard knockdown
Web Throw assist replaces Web Swing.

Dahbomb

Web Ball duration not affected by HSD,
Spider Sting is two-part causes ground-bounce/hard knockdown
Web Throw assist replaces Web Swing.
This is actually pretty good only we can't use Web Throw because Capcom claimed that throw assists caused glitches/exploits. Otherwise we would've given characters command throw assists ala MVC2.

Zissou

A few things after reading through Karst's comprehensive list posts:

*Damage scaling now applies to assists getting hit.

This is already true.

*Incoming characters can choose which side of the current screen perspective they come in on by holding left or right; does not apply to Snapbacks.

I still advocate being able to change your timing on incoming- choosing side is too good, even if it costs a bar. Changing your timing means you can get out of airtight welcome mix-ups if they don't guess how much you'll delay your incoming character, but unlike side switch, you'll still remain cornered and have to deal with pressure and skillfully navigate your way out.

Frank West: I disagree with making snapshot so safe on block. It has a massive hitbox- making it too safe will make it too difficult for some characters to navigate around it.

Morrigan: I disagree with allowing her L and M aerial soul fists to OTG. So now soul fist spam juggle an assist that's knocked down? I just don't see why this is necessary.

Pheonix: I must have missed it, but why is she being buffed?

Pheonix Wright: What happened to getting rid of random evidence entirely? I liked the idea of first three pieces of evidence being good (but the lower quality good evidence), next item for each slot bad, and if you get rid of bad evidence, next pick up for the slot will be top tier evidence (cell phone, etc.).

Rocket Raccoon: Mad hopper becoming a permanent projectile seems extreme. It's already a very good move. You can already have multiple mad hoppers on the screen simultaneously, so this could get out of hand very quickly.

She-hulk: Just give her back her slide verbatim from vanilla.

Strider: Everyone voted against the vajra assist hitbox nerf, no? Why is it still in there?

General Change-list notes: need old frame data for comparison whenever you mention new frame data. Sometimes it's there, but it's usually missing. Without the current frame data, I have to look up every move in the guide individually to see exactly how much is being changed.

Solune

Hmm if those changes were made to Web Ball or Spider Sting, there's no way to make Web Swing viable over either unless A) Make Web Swing invincible during CC for CC conversions B) Increase horizontal coverage of Web Swing as assist.

Can we make Strider's qcf special (Ame no Murakumo) worth using? I dunno, make his hurtbox lower so it can go under things or something.

Quoting myself from last topic with a name fix because it was on the last page and I've been internetless for hours.

Also, late to the Strange counter discussion, but what if you gave it a very small freeze? Not enough to be op, but enough to keep him safe.

Dahbomb

Karst hasn't updated yet, he's busy right now. That's why the Vajra fix hasn't gone through.

Soul Fist OTG was my idea mostly because we were nerfing her Soul Fist damage which was an integral part of her overall game plan. I thought that SF already angled down so it made sense for them to OTG. Plus she would get combos off throws with them, which we buffed for a lot of characters. I thought she could use a new tool to mix things. I don't think assist juggling is really a big issue with OTG fireballs mostly because she has no way of launching them from a distance like let's say Purification can, most assists just come in, take a fireball and leave during AV.

Phoenix only really got one buff that was substantial and that was the self activation. I argued that should be ground only. The rest don't matter.... no TAC infinites means she is worse off and no crouching light on whiff means no more "BEST GAME EVER" moments. She will still be just a gamble character as it should be.

We probably need to revisit PW again because that character is still underwhelming.

Azure J

Zissou's idea on influencing the timing for coming in rather than the "pick a side/escape the incoming for free" is really really good, motion to add that to the list.

@SolarKnight: The move is supposed to be used after a push block with a Form B backing it really. I don't even know what you could do to the move to have it play a role in neutral or combo extension (although I know there are some nifty things you can do with it in the corner during X-Factor currently).

Also, Formation A1 assist changed to Formation C (Bird Bomb), pleeeeeease? :D

Dahbomb

Why? I thought this was balance patch, not Koryu!

:lol
Akuma is the only lvl3 in the game that can't be comboed into and/or comboed out of. We thought to make it unique it just did a shit ton of damage anyway. It was going to get buffed by 20% anyway (current damage is 510K) and we decided on a value that would kill Thor in XF3. That value was around 900K and we were like "fuck it let's go for a full 1 million".

Besides Raging Demon is hype. That's OVER A MILLION DAMAGE WELCOME TO HEAVEN SON!

MetroidDread

Neo Member
Chris Redfield - Grenade Toss H (Incendiary) only allow to throw one and flames disappear when he is hit, similar to Dormammu's Flame Carpet and Rocket Raccoons Oil Bomb (Flames).

Akuma is the only lvl3 in the game that can't be comboed into and/or comboed out of. We thought to make it unique it just did a shit ton of damage anyway. It was going to get buffed by 20% anyway (current damage is 510K) and we decided on a value that would kill Thor in XF3. That value was around 900K and we were like "fuck it let's go for a full 1 million".

Besides Raging Demon is hype. That's OVER A MILLION DAMAGE WELCOME TO HEAVEN SON!

Fuck yes

Top Bottom