• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Dahbomb

Chris Redfield - Grenade Toss H (Incendiary) only allow to throw one and flames disappear when he is hit, similar to Dormammu's Flame Carpet and Rocket Raccoons Oil Bomb (Flames).
Nah that's never going to happen. Grenade H is all what Chris is about. He doesn't have nearly have the toolset of those characters and trading using mines is a big part of his game plan. It seriously is what makes him viable.

Now damage or duration on Grenade H js debatable because he gained an overhead. Certainly we will be giving this a second pass.

Tirael

My only issue with the health buff is that matches are probably going to be running way too long with it. Say goodbye to 3 out of 5 sets at tournaments. Unless there's something I'm not grasping.

Dahbomb

My only issue with the health buff is that matches are probably going to be running way too long with it. Say goodbye to 3 out of 5 sets at tournaments. Unless there's something I'm not grasping.
I was going to ask for a timer extender, like 33% more time added to the clock but even now timeouts are not that common (still happen). The alternative to this was simply that X factor prevents time out... so if you are low on clock and still on your X factor... X factor will freeze the clock at 0 until your X factor runs out (sort of like how LVL3s freeze timer at 0 and still give you the win). This keeps it in line with XF being a come back mechanic.

MetroidDread

Neo Member
Nah that's never going to happen. Grenade H is all what Chris is about. He doesn't have nearly have the toolset of those characters and trading using mines is a big part of his game plan. It seriously is what makes him viable.

Now damage or duration on Grenade H js debatable because he gained an overhead. Certainly we will be giving this a second pass.

But throwing multiple of them causing the chip damage is the thing, also when Chris is hit while Grenade H is in the air it will explode and the flames will fall on the ground and the flames will hit giving Chris a opening for a attack which makes it very hard for rush-down characters to approach him.

Does the flames hit low?

Akuma is the only lvl3 in the game that can't be comboed into and/or comboed out of. We thought to make it unique it just did a shit ton of damage anyway. It was going to get buffed by 20% anyway (current damage is 510K) and we decided on a value that would kill Thor in XF3. That value was around 900K and we were like "fuck it let's go for a full 1 million".

Besides Raging Demon is hype. That's OVER A MILLION DAMAGE WELCOME TO HEAVEN SON!

I've swore I've seen people TK an Air Super Hadou after the Raging Demon.. atleast after X-factor

Dahbomb

But throwing multiple of them causing the chip damage is the thing, also when Chris is hit while Grenade H is in the air it will explode and the flames will fall on the ground and the flames will hit giving Chris a opening for a attack which makes it very hard for rush-down characters to approach him.

Does the flames hit low?
Nah they don't hit low.

He isn't called Chip Minefield for nothing. :p

Thing with Chris like many zoners in the game is that if those mines aren't set up he is kinda free to rushdown. He has to have the space created in advance with the mines for them to be a threat, otherwise he can be beaten easily.

I've swore I've seen people TK an Air Super Hadou after the Raging Demon
Yea you can do that but I am talking about getting full combos off of command throws. Basically Raging Demon is comparable to a LVL3 command throw only you can't get a full combo off of it like you can with She Hulk, Tron, Haggar, Nemesis, Ghost Rider (at least in this patch version).

Oh hey MetroidDread. I remember you making win quote videos - thanks for those.

Thanks man i got some ideas but i still suck vs GR.
You just need to have a ton of patience. Pushblock, pushblock, pushblock. Chicken blocking is good, too. Also, go for very short blockstrings, because as you noticed, Ghost Rider can punish whiffed attacks after a pushblock very easily.

All those Ghost Rider level 3s made me giddy. :-D And oh my god, Iron Man...so bad.

What am I adding to these?

Viewtiful Joe:
*Red Hot Kick L and M hit OTG.
*Viewtiful Uppercut M (assist) now allows for full combos on crossover counter.

Assists: Shocking Pink, Viewtiful Uppercut M, Voomerang L (Charged)

Spencer:
*Up grapple now affected by damage decay.
*Armor Piercer assist startup reduced to 35 frames, invincible until frame 36.
*Bionic Lancer vertical hitbox reduced considerably.

Assists: Wire Grapple M, Wire Grapple L, Armor Piercer

Spider-man:
*Web Zip can no longer be block canceled.

Assists: Web Ball H, Web Swing H, Spider Sting H x Spider Bite

Magneto:
*EM Disruptor L assist no longer appears behind the point character.
*Forcefield now reflects projectiles and negates beams.

Assists: EM Disruptor L, Hyper Grav H, Reverse Polarity

Felicia:
*Sand Splash H assist startup reduced to 37 frames.
*Delta Kick H assist pushes opponents back significantly on block.
*Cat & Mouse is now special cancelable, distance increased slightly.
*Dancing Flash now causes a soft knockdown.
*Dash speed increased slightly.

Assists: Rolling Buckler L + Rolling Slide, Sand Splash H, Delta Kick H

Amaterasu:

Assists: Cold Star H, Power Slash H, Bloom (frame data mirrors Dark Harmonizer now)

Magneto:
*EM Disruptor L assist no longer appears behind the point character.
*Forcefield now reflects projectiles and negates beams.

Assists: EM Disruptor L, Hyper Grav H, Reverse Polarity

Seems really petty when you're multiplying the number of tracking AA assists in the game.

* uncharged Voomerangs do not disappear when Joe is hit; charged Voomerangs remain the same
* Increased damage for Joe's non-voomerang moves
* Red Hot Kick L/M can OTG

That's it tbh
Is Joe's damage really so bad?

And do Voomerangs really disappear when Joe is hit right now?

Guys can we please give Spider Man some better assists? That guy who got shutdown by Nitsuma sure would appreciate it.
His options are pretty limited.

Web Ball duration not affected by HSD,
Spider Sting is two-part causes ground-bounce/hard knockdown
Web Throw assist replaces Web Swing.
I love this.

I still advocate being able to change your timing on incoming- choosing side is too good, even if it costs a bar. Changing your timing means you can get out of airtight welcome mix-ups if they don't guess how much you'll delay your incoming character, but unlike side switch, you'll still remain cornered and have to deal with pressure and skillfully navigate your way out.
This is an interesting idea. We should think about this one.

Frank West: I disagree with making snapshot so safe on block. It has a massive hitbox- making it too safe will make it too difficult for some characters to navigate around it.
-5 on block is a pretty big deal in this game IMO. That's a Wolverine in your face right there.

Morrigan: I disagree with allowing her L and M aerial soul fists to OTG. So now soul fist spam juggle an assist that's knocked down? I just don't see why this is necessary.
I don't see the big deal about assists getting juggled. Dahbomb thought that Morrigan should be able to combo off of her air throws and command grabs, and I'm inclined to agree. He wanted it to be hard, so he suggested that Soul Fist OTG. I suggested that her grabs just cause a ground bounce for her to combo off of with j.S only.

Pheonix: I must have missed it, but why is she being buffed?
X-Factor got a big nerf, so she needs a little extra help.

Pheonix Wright: What happened to getting rid of random evidence entirely? I liked the idea of first three pieces of evidence being good (but the lower quality good evidence), next item for each slot bad, and if you get rid of bad evidence, next pick up for the slot will be top tier evidence (cell phone, etc.).
The Wright players were split on bad evidence going away. In the end, I decided to keep bad evidence in because there are animations for all of it in place, and instead I gave uses for throw-away evidence.

Rocket Raccoon: Mad hopper becoming a permanent projectile seems extreme. It's already a very good move. You can already have multiple mad hoppers on the screen simultaneously, so this could get out of hand very quickly.
It could be crazy. If we nerfed this, I would want to give it a very long duration regardless. 1 bar for an immobile trap is hard to capitalize off of.
She-hulk: Just give her back her slide verbatim from vanilla.
I don't want her to have that slide back. :p

Strider: Everyone voted against the vajra assist hitbox nerf, no? Why is it still in there?
I didn't vote against it. That said, I've removed it.

General Change-list notes: need old frame data for comparison whenever you mention new frame data. Sometimes it's there, but it's usually missing. Without the current frame data, I have to look up every move in the guide individually to see exactly how much is being changed.
Feel free to look it all up and put it in there for me. I'm not taking the time to do that at this point.

MetroidDread

Neo Member
Nah they don't hit low.

He isn't called Chip Minefield for nothing. :p

Thing with Chris like many zoners in the game is that if those mines aren't set up he is kinda free to rushdown. He has to have the space created in advance with the mines for them to be a threat, otherwise he can be beaten easily.

But even so I think the flames should at least disappear when hes hit. Like with Dormammu's Flame Carpet, in Vanilla it didn't disappear but in Ultimate it does.

But even so I think the flames should at least disappear when hes hit. Like with Dormammu's Flame Carpet, in Vanilla it didn't disappear but in Ultimate it does.
They're different kinds of characters. It's fair for Dormammu's Flame Carpet to disappear because he is extremely mobile. Air dashes, teleports, flight, and the ability to snuff projectiles make him pretty slippery. Chris has none of that. He has to bunker down.

His hypers do alright damage, but in general he's not gonna be killing someone on his own without XFactor or relying on the Slow "infinite." It's also me being kinda greedy.

And yes, his Voomerangs, charged or not, disappear when he gets hit. I don't mind the charged ones going away since it'd be annoying as hell if they DIDN'T, but the uncharged ones going away make no sense.

MetroidDread

Neo Member
They're different kinds of characters. It's fair for Dormammu's Flame Carpet to disappear because he is extremely mobile. Air dashes, teleports, flight, and the ability to snuff projectiles make him pretty slippery. Chris has none of that. He has to bunker down.

What about RR?

His hypers do alright damage, but in general he's not gonna be killing someone on his own without XFactor or relying on the Slow "infinite." It's also me being kinda greedy.

And yes, his Voomerangs, charged or not, disappear when he gets hit. I don't mind the charged ones going away since it'd be annoying as hell if they DIDN'T, but the uncharged ones going away make no sense.
I'm not keen on a damage increase without a good argument, but I put the Voomerang change in.

What about RR?
Somewhere between Chris and Dormammu.

*Felicia's Rolling Buckler assist hits low without popping the opponent up.

*Rolling Buckler not punishable on hit. Increase hit stun or something
The slide follow-up to Rolling Buckler is actually +2 on hit if you do it right.

Explain the "popping the opponent up" thing.

Yes it sucks when you make a good read on Voomerang M, but get hit by an assist or something and the Voomerang just disappears.
I'm not keen on a damage increase without a good argument, but I put the Voomerang change in.

Somewhere between Chris and Dormammu.

The slide follow-up to Rolling Buckler is actually +2 on hit if you do it right.

Explain the "popping the opponent up" thing.

I'm talking about Rolling Buckler without a secondary input. Sometimes the input is finicky and doesn't happen or sometimes you just do Rolling Buckler on accident. If it hits without a follow up, it's not safe.

What I mean by pop up is that they leave the ground. They get knocked into the air and quickly recover. It's not really a big thing for me, but I know others have complained about it. If they stayed on the ground but it hit low, it would make it easier to combo off of. I don't care either way and it wouldn't make sense considering the point version pops them up

Do we want to nerf Magneto's meter gain somehow? Or is everyone good with it?

Yes it sucks when you make a good read on Voomerang M, but get hit by an assist or something and the Voomerang just disappears.
I dig.

I'm talking about Rolling Buckler without a secondary input. Sometimes the input is finicky and doesn't happen or sometimes you just do Rolling Buckler on accident. If it hits without a follow up, it's not safe.
Sounds like an online warrior problem. Onionfrog and I played recently, and he nailed the follow-up to Rolling Buckler 100% of the time.

What I mean by pop up is that they leave the ground. They get knocked into the air and quickly recover. It's not really a big thing for me, but I know others have complained about it. If they stayed on the ground but it hit low, it would make it easier to combo off of. I don't care either way and it wouldn't make sense considering the point version pops them up
I'm interested, but I'd like to get examples of characters who actually have problems with this.

Sounds like an online warrior problem. Onionfrog and I played recently, and he nailed the follow-up to Rolling Buckler 100% of the time.

Haha, nah. I fuck it up when I go to casuals as well. I'd say it only happens maybe 1/100 times. But when it does happen I tend to lose the character. Increasing the hitstun could open up some new combo possibilities with assists. Or if she could attack while she's coming down after a Rolling Buckler hit....that would be sweet. I would say after block as well....but that seems too good.

Haha, nah. I fuck it up when I go to casuals as well. I'd say it only happens maybe 1/100 times. But when it does happen I tend to lose the character. Increasing the hitstun could open up some new combo possibilities with assists. Or if she could attack while she's coming down after a Rolling Buckler hit....that would be sweet. I would say after block as well....but that seems too good.
I would be more interested in giving used to Rolling Buckler's other two follow-ups. I've never seen them used.

Zissou

-5 on block is a pretty big deal in this game IMO. That's a Wolverine in your face right there.

Frank wouldn't be using it when Wolverine is in his face. I'm just saying If this
snapshothitboxgsjsd.jpg

is essentially safe, it's going to be a huge hurdle for heavies etc. to clear. A 15 frame start-up safe 3/4 screen coverage special is too much.

X-Factor got a big nerf, so she needs a little extra help.

X-factor changes are still under debate, no? The universal health buff also helps Pheonix because she'll be far more likely to get the 5 bars just from your first two characters dying. It'll be like vanilla again where if you don't snap, she's practically guaranteed the bar.

The Wright players were split on bad evidence going away. In the end, I decided to keep bad evidence in because there are animations for all of it in place, and instead I gave uses for throw-away evidence.

I wasn't saying bad evidence should go away. I liked the idea where evidence for any given slot cycles between weak good evidence, bad evidence, strong good evidence. That way you can get three pieces of good evidence quickly and reliably, but if you want the cell phone you have to chuck the first and second pieces before you're allowed to pick it up.

It could be crazy. If we nerfed this, I would want to give it a very long duration regardless. 1 bar for an immobile trap is hard to capitalize off of.

It's currently 10 seconds which is a very long time. Just make it 15 seconds or something.

I don't want her to have that slide back. :p

She needs it!

Feel free to look it all up and put it in there for me. I'm not taking the time to do that at this point.

If I can make the time :p

Frank wouldn't be using it when Wolverine is in his face. I'm just saying If this
snapshothitboxgsjsd.jpg

is essentially safe, it's going to be a huge hurdle for heavies etc. to clear. A 15 frame start-up safe 3/4 screen coverage special is too much.
I know the hitbox it has. I've been trolled with it before. What do you think the data should be?

X-factor changes are still under debate, no? The universal health buff also helps Pheonix because she'll be far more likely to get the 5 bars just from your first two characters dying. It'll be like vanilla again where if you don't snap, she's practically guaranteed the bar.
X-Factor values are pretty much settled, as far as I am aware.

A universal health buff + XF3 nerf means Dark Phoenix needs to waste more X-Factor time burning people up, and without XF3 she won't ToD anymore.

She got a boost to her feathers because whiffed normals no longer cancel into themselves. So Dark Phoenix can't just run around spamming s.L/c.L for her strategy anymore. I felt it was appropriate to make her feathers go a little farther to compensate for this.

I wasn't saying bad evidence should go away. I liked the idea where evidence for any given slot cycles between weak good evidence, bad evidence, strong good evidence. That way you can get three pieces of good evidence quickly and reliably, but if you want the cell phone you have to chuck the first and second pieces before you're allowed to pick it up.
I don't like it being on such a set cycle. It sounds boring for it to be so pre-determined. Part of Wright's game is the interesting stuff you find. I also don't like good evidence being locked away. Give people a chance to find good stuff right off the bat.

It's currently 10 seconds which is a very long time. Just make it 15 seconds or something.
I'll make it 12.

She needs it!
Not with that health!

If I can make the time :p
See? :p

I could be in favor of permanent but limited to 3 on screen with the 4th replacing the oldest one.

Honestly though I'm salty about my traps disappearing the second before the opponent would've gotten hit by it :|

@SolarKnight: The move is supposed to be used after a push block with a Form B backing it really. I don't even know what you could do to the move to have it play a role in neutral or combo extension (although I know there are some nifty things you can do with it in the corner during X-Factor currently).

Well, right now I use it to get one last relaunch after the third knockdown in a corner XFless combo following spitfire assist + slide. Other than that nothing.

Sayah

Trish:
*Trick “Hopscotch” travel time and hitstun increased; now OTGs.
*Flight startup reduced to 15 frames.
*High Voltage creates a small vacuum effect to ensure more hits connect.
*Duet Pain now hits OTG.
*Low Voltage recovery reduced to 30 across the board; hitboxes widened; durability increased to 4 on each bolt.
*Sign Switch H now causes Sparda to home in on the opponent.
*Minimum air dash height reduced from 8 to 7 frames.
*Round Trip durability increased to 8; no longer loses its hitbox after encountering any opposing projectile.
*Untechable time after ground throws increased by 20 frames.
*Trick “Peekaboo” causes a set amount of hitstun (60 frames); decreases by 10 frames for every use in a combo.

Assists: Low Voltage H, Trick “Peekaboo”, Trick “Hopscotch”

I approve. Make her better.

My third favorite fighting game character. Real fun times playing with her.

Nice work on the patch notes and stuff. It would be nice if Capcom came through. Though, I would still rather have a brand new game (as long as Trish is in it).

Zissou

I know the hitbox it has. I've been trolled with it before. What do you think the data should be?

If people can get away with trolling with it at -25 on block, changing it to -5 seems like you're making it impossible to punish outside of point blank range (or snap range for some characters). I like making it safer on hit- anything that is unsafe on hit is ridiculous, IMO. Maybe make it -15 on block or something.

X-Factor values are pretty much settled, as far as I am aware.

A universal health buff + XF3 nerf means Dark Phoenix needs to waste more X-Factor time burning people up, and without XF3 she won't ToD anymore.

She got a boost to her feathers because whiffed normals no longer cancel into themselves. So Dark Phoenix can't just run around spamming s.L/c.L for her strategy anymore. I felt it was appropriate to make her feathers go a little farther to compensate for this.

This makes sense.

I don't like it being on such a set cycle. It sounds boring for it to be so pre-determined. Part of Wright's game is the interesting stuff you find. I also don't like good evidence being locked away. Give people a chance to find good stuff right off the bat.

Gotta find some way to fix it though.

Not with that health!

Put it to a vote :D

I would be more interested in giving used to Rolling Buckler's other two follow-ups. I've never seen them used.

I would be interested in that too. I mean I use the H follow up but only with certain assist and on rare occasions. I only use it because it leaves them up in the air ready for more resets and shenanigans. The L follow up.......I have no idea. I'd say give it hard knockdown but that seems too good. Maybe it could cancel into another special? So much pressure dawg!

Rolling Buckler > L follow up xx Cat and Mouse xx Hell Cat.

Sigmaah

I dunno if I can play ranked anymore, I've played 3 ppl so far who I believe to be lag switching or something. I clip these motherfuckers and shit starts to lag, they clip me, no lag, wow no fucking surprise there, and then after the match, THEY TEABAG LIKE THEY'RE GOOD. OH MY FUCKING GOD.

I dunno if I can play ranked anymore, I've played 3 ppl so far who I believe to be lag switching or something. I clip these motherfuckers and shit starts to lag, they clip me, no lag, wow no fucking surprise there, and then after the match, THEY TEABAG LIKE THEY'RE GOOD. OH MY FUCKING GOD.

Another experience from The Salt Mines, I see.

If people can get away with trolling with it at -25 on block, changing it to -5 seems like you're making it impossible to punish outside of point blank range (or snap range for some characters). I like making it safer on hit- anything that is unsafe on hit is ridiculous, IMO. Maybe make it -15 on block or something.
I only got trolled with it because the player used it in combination with Jam Session and I didn't know the camera's frame data. It was like...release week. I kept trying to run away. :-(

Gotta find some way to fix it though.
Guaranteeing good evidence after bad evidence is a nice buff, and Wright got a lot of other good stuff. Dizzying with item throws is big for him. If he gets a combo with 1 piece of bad evidence, he's pretty much guaranteed to get 3 new pieces of evidence out of that, which he didn't before.

Put it to a vote :D
-_- People might have forgotten the terrors of that slide, but I have not!

Only Zero mains play Ranked.

I would be interested in that too. I mean I use the H follow up but only with certain assist and on rare occasions. I only use it because it leaves them up in the air ready for more resets and shenanigans. The L follow up.......I have no idea. I'd say give it hard knockdown but that seems too good. Maybe it could cancel into another special? So much pressure dawg!

Rolling Buckler > L follow up xx Cat and Mouse xx Hell Cat.
What if Neko Punch caused a crumple state? ;-D Give her some team Nemo shenanigans.

Rolling Uppercut could cancel into Delta Kick, maybe?

Dahbomb

We are nerfing Magneto's meter gain like we nerfed Morrigan... nerfed the damage on his Hyper Grav move. I think GB recommended they should be 50K, that's a bit low I am thinking 60-65k. Otherwise I would just take the durability nerf on Mag blast and buff his counters.

Frank should definitely be hella - on snapshot on block. Like -12 at least. We really only were supposed to fix it on hit. A move like that shouldn't be a zoning tool.

Spencer UWG should go, otherwise no change on the character. YOU CANNOT NERF THE ARM!!! Bionic Arm is the official sacred cow of the game.... it cannot be touched.

She Hulk Vanilla slide. Compared to most other characters this doesn't even sound all that much. Who is going to care about She Hulk slide when Ghost Rider is going to be chipping you from full screen or Sentinel with his triple fly + chipping stomps.

FSLink

Banned
It's possible but very difficult to do.

I wouldn't say it's very difficult, but you definitely don't get as much damage as you should for how hard it is to land demon.

Guaranteeing good evidence after bad evidence is a nice buff, and Wright got a lot of other good stuff. Dizzying with item throws is big for him. If he gets a combo with 1 piece of bad evidence, he's pretty much guaranteed to get 3 new pieces of evidence out of that, which he didn't before.

Yeah, it's a pretty decent buff, and it makes bad evidence a "threat" in Investigation Mode at least.

Oh yeah, give Joe a longer slide, too.
You already get the best overhead in the game. :p

We are nerfing Magneto's meter gain like we nerfed Morrigan... nerfed the damage on his Hyper Grav move. I think GB recommended they should be 50K, that's a bit low I am thinking 60-65k. Otherwise I would just take the durability nerf on Mag blast and buff his counters.

Frank should definitely be hella - on snapshot on block. Like -12 at least. We really only were supposed to fix it on hit. A move like that shouldn't be a zoning tool.
I'll look at the data.

Spencer UWG should go, otherwise no change on the character. YOU CANNOT NERF THE ARM!!! Bionic Arm is the official sacred cow of the game.... it cannot be touched.
Bionic Lancer needs a vertical hitbox nerf. The arm reaches like a third of the way up the screen, and it makes aerial approaches impossible if Spencer is awake. It's already a 1 bar invincible move that leads to full combos and hits assists. I'm not okay with its current hitbox.

She Hulk Vanilla slide. Compared to most other characters this doesn't even sound all that much. Who is going to care about She Hulk slide when Ghost Rider is going to be chipping you from full screen.
That slide is goddamn vicious!

Yeah, it's a pretty decent buff, and it makes bad evidence a "threat" in Investigation Mode at least.
I get hit by bad evidence all the time just because I don't care. Now I have to be careful.

I apologize for wanting to play different teams rather then playing the same person over and over again in player match.
You want to face a variety of teams, so you go on Ranked? Hahaha. Plus it's only one match - that's not even interesting.

Oh yeah, give Joe a longer slide, too.

I don't know about you but I REALLY hate that Joe's cr.M moves him backwards. He already has short as fuck limbs. I've dropped many combos by not remembering to stand back up after a cr.L

I may be alone in this though.

Voomerang's also move Joe backward....not that it really matters I guess. Just when I do the Shocking Pink glitch I kinda use it as a ghetto Chris grenade or Raccoon Mad Hopper and I just sit in front of it throwing Voomerangs. But then I noticed that each Voomerang moves Joe backward.

What if Neko Punch caused a crumple state? ;-D Give her some team Nemo shenanigans.

Rolling Uppercut could cancel into Delta Kick, maybe?

Neko Punch causing crumple seems out of character. Granted she is hitting you right in the balls.

Uppercut cancel into Delta Kick I could get on board with since it would definitely give more use to that move.

Dahbomb

Bionic Arm could have a super jump height hit box, its not getting a nerf. As long as its unsafe on block it doesn't matter. I heard no similar complaints when Viper was up and that EX Seismo is safe.

You just end up pissing more people off than you end up pleasing with the nerf.

I play Ranked and I don't main Zero.
So you just pick him when you're on Ranked, then?

I don't know about you but I REALLY hate that Joe's cr.M moves him backwards. He already has short as fuck limbs. I've dropped many combos by not remembering to stand back up after a cr.L
It's weird...but maybe it has some use? I don't know.

Voomerang's also move Joe backward....not that it really matters I guess. Just when I do the Shocking Pink glitch I kinda use it as a ghetto Chris grenade or Raccoon Mad Hopper and I just sit in front of it throwing Voomerangs. But then I noticed that each Voomerang moves Joe backward.
Unimportant, I say.

Neko Punch causing crumple seems out of character. Granted she is hitting you right in the balls.
Or dizzy.

Uppercut cancel into Delta Kick I could get on board with since it would definitely give more use to that move.
Would it be too good, though? Would the pressure be too much?

You had vanilla flame carpet- she couldn't touch you!
More like she had Gustaff Fire assist, so it didn't matter. :p

Bionic Arm could have a super jump height hit box, its not getting a nerf. As long as its unsafe on block it doesn't matter. I heard no similar complaints when Viper was up and that EX Seismo is safe.

It really does matter. EX Seismo hits a small area compared to Bionic Lancer. I can be 3/4ths screen away coming down from a tridash down-back because it's my only goddamn way to move and Bionic Lancer will hit me. It also makes it impossible for Ghost Rider to play his game. Any time Ghost Rider jumps, Bionic Lancer completely shuts him down. It should not hit at maximum jump height.

Not really. I agree that it needs a vertical hitbox nerf.
So you just pick him when you're on Ranked, then?
I don't use Zero, period.

Also, I think we need to look at Spider-man's damage output. Web Throw loops still do a lot of damage; he does 900K for 1 bar pretty easily. I suggest taking his minimum damage scaling for specials down to 15%.

Not really. I agree that it needs a vertical hitbox nerf.
Viewtiful Joe is a good example of another character Bionic Lancer completely shuts down. He can't even throw Voomerangs.

I don't use Zero, period.
I'm just joking around. I know you don't use Zero. I just mean that Ranked is really boring and everyone tier whores the same few team setups. Plus it's primarily comprised of douchebags and laggers.

FSLink

Banned
I use team Nemo or one of my Wright teams when I'm in ranked for the most part. :v
Impact flames, impact flames, impact flames, impact palm!

Dahbomb

She Hulk in Vanilla got wins because of Tron assist and because people weren't good at the game. She became obsolete the day Flocker put Zero in front of Tron with Phoenix and no one could touch him. She Hulk also performed because a lot of the characters beyond top 15 were garbage. Do you guys remember Vanilla Thor, Cap, Ryu and Chun LI? Absolutely trash characters.

Joe gets shut down by Spencer? Nice troll considering that's one of his worst match ups. Joe owns Arm with Dodge and Mach Speed.

Top Bottom