• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale |OT| Indie RPG with determination and spider bake sales

Kirlia

Banned
Raise ratings.

To do that, ACT commands are pretty great. Posing helps. If you're confident that you'll avoid Mettaton's attacks and have a good idea of his attack patterns (from dying a lot, which I did), boast. The ratings will go up so long as you aren't hit. If you bring Mettaton-brand healing items to the fight and use them, those also get ratings.

Finally, if you still have the Stick, throw it. The ratings will go way up. The closer you are to beating Mettaton (getting over 10000 in the ratings), the more points you'll get, but you only get a lot of points from the Stick once. Good luck!

I did die after the Souls help you. You're fairly invincible until he starts loading up Save File 6, and then it became possible for me to die again.

Oh, wow. Didn't know that was possible, but I'm not surprised! He really does go all out in that final phase.

The game was great, even though I haven't really finished it. The characters are great and I love it's quirky and geeky sense of humour.

And absolutely 100% goddamn mother-fucking FUCK
Flowy

GSR

To do that, ACT commands are pretty great. Posing helps. If you're confident that you'll avoid Mettaton's attacks and have a good idea of his attack patterns (from dying a lot, which I did), boast. The ratings will go up so long as you aren't hit. If you bring Mettaton-brand healing items to the fight and use them, those also get ratings.

Finally, if you still have the Stick, throw it. The ratings will go way up. The closer you are to beating Mettaton (getting over 10000 in the ratings), the more points you'll get, but you only get a lot of points from the Stick once. Good luck!

Additionally:
if you're low on health, pose will increase ratings even more. If you're down to 1 HP it jumps them by a pretty solid amount, though of course then you've got to nail dodging on the next turn.

Shamdeo

Hi!

So uh,
I completed the Pacifist ending and spared Flowey, but apparently there's more stuff I need to do to get the True Pacifist Ending? Can I do this by continuing my save file or do I have to do it on a new playthrough?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Additionally:
if you're low on health, pose will increase ratings even more. If you're down to 1 HP it jumps them by a pretty solid amount, though of course then you've got to nail dodging on the next turn.

Using MTT brand foods like the Starfait, Glamburger, and Mettaton steak to heal bring up a good amount of ratings too.

Hi!

So uh,
I completed the Pacifist ending and spared Flowey, but apparently there's more stuff I need to do to get the True Pacifist Ending? Can I do this by continuing my save file or do I have to do it on a new playthrough?

Well Flowey should tell you next time you load up what to do from your last save if you did not kill anyone otherwise you'll have to start over.

GSR

Hi!

So uh,

If
you didn't kill anyone (except maybe the dummy at the very beginning) and you helped Undyne after her boss fight (gave her the water), you can continue; go back and befriend her and Papyrus, or if you've already done that you'll get a phone call at the Hotel.
Otherwise,
you need to reset.
That said,
some folks suggest resetting just to see the changes in dialogue and the like on a second run.
Up to you.

Saikyo

Hi!

So uh,

You can do in the same save
go and hang out with Papyrus, Undyne and Alphys

Shamdeo

If
you didn't kill anyone (except maybe the dummy at the very beginning) and you helped Undyne after her boss fight (gave her the water), you can continue; go back and befriend her and Papyrus, or if you've already done that you'll get a phone call at the Hotel.
Otherwise,
you need to reset.
That said,
some folks suggest resetting just to see the changes in dialogue and the like on a second run.
Up to you.

Hm... Weird.
I didn't kill the dummy and I gave Undyne the cup of water. I don't think I got a call in the hotel when I reloaded my file though. I wonder if re-enting the final boss chamber (and restarting the client) overwrote my ending.

You can do in the same save
go and hang out with Papyrus, Undyne and Alphys

Where are they at?

Kirlia

Banned
Using MTT brand foods like the Starfait, Glamburger, and Mettaton steak to heal bring up a good amount of ratings too.

The Starfait raises ratings by 300. I wonder if the other, more expensive, Mettaton items raise the ratings even higher.

Where are they at?

Papyrus is at his house in Snowdin, I think. Undyne's house is near Napstablook's in Waterfall.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hm... Weird.
I didn't kill the dummy and I gave Undyne the cup of water. I don't think I got a call in the hotel when I reloaded my file though. I wonder if re-enting the final boss chamber (and restarting the client) overwrote my ending.

Sounds like you didn't go to Undyne's house after you beat her then.

GSR

Hm... Weird.

To be clear,
you need to go back to Undyne's house and talk to her for it to count as 'befriending' her. Just giving the water isn't enough - it's just that if you don't give it I think that locks you out of befriending her.

<Boss spoilers>
That's a very neat detail, and totally fit the character. I only knew about the
cinnamon butterscotch pie
in another fight, but I'm glad to see touches like this exist in other fights as well.

Kurtofan

did i do something wrong?
The flower erased my save file and now i have to fight it to the death and i can't do anything

Battlechili

Banned
I really wish Toby would comment or say something about this Gaster fellow, or if he had any plans to fix the fun values. The mystery must be solved. Also would be cool if he finished hard mode at some point. I like this game at its hardest even more than I normally do. Plus the music that plays during the fights in hard mode is pretty rad
Do you have to have a fursona to be a furry?
I'm not very knowledgeable about this stuff
I like monster girls, but thats about it

No, you don't. Generally speaking all you have to do is be a fan of anthropomorphic animals. Anything else is just secondary, as people express this in different ways. Although some people argue that to be a furry you have to consider yourself one as well. If you're at all curious for more information, these are honestly good places to read up:
http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Furry
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom
I'm pretty sure you can't die during the SOUL attacks (the knife, gloves, shoes, notebook, frying pan, gun)

I died during them. Its possible. Although if you die
any souls you already did Act on
are saved and you can continue the fight from where you left off, basically.

Scher

The flower erased my save file and now i have to fight it to the death and i can't do anything

That's working as intended.
It's the final boss for the neutral ending. Once you complete it, you'll be able to use your save again.

Dunkley

Nah, you just can't get the actual True Pacifist Ending without having gotten a Neutral Ending first, which instead occurs the first time around.

Having gone Pure Pacifist on your first playthrough merely spares you having to start the game over
to get the best ending as you can load your last save and fulfill the additional requirements afterwards. Not having killed is one, so if you have done so in your current save, you're outta luck.

Although you can still start over regardless just to see all the dialogue differences if you restart after a Neutral Ending (or mid playthrough).

JC Sera

I really wish Toby would comment or say something about this Gaster fellow, or if he had any plans to fix the fun values. The mystery must be solved. Also would be cool if he finished hard mode at some point. I like this game at its hardest even more than I normally do. Plus the music that plays during the fights in hard mode is pretty rad

No, you don't. Generally speaking all you have to do is be a fan of anthropomorphic animals. Anything else is just secondary, as people express this in different ways. Although some people argue that to be a furry you have to consider yourself one as well. If you're at all curious for more information, these are honestly good places to read up:
http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Furry
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom

I died during them. Its possible. Although if you die
any souls you already did Act on
are saved and you can continue the fight from where you left off, basically.

Kurtofan

Nah, you just can't get the actual True Pacifist Ending without having gotten a Neutral Ending first, which instead occurs the first time around.

Having gone Pure Pacifist on your first playthrough merely spares you having to start the game over
to get the best ending as you can load your last save and fulfill the additional requirements afterwards. Not having killed is one, so if you have done so in your current save, you're outta luck.

Although you can still start over regardless just to see all the dialogue differences if you restart after a Neutral Ending (or mid playthrough).

What are the other requirements?

Dunkley

Damn shame too, since the only thing the game is missing is a date with Mettaton.

That and a tea date with Asgore.

Sending temmie to colleg gets you something? I thought she'd just say "thANK wat coleeg?"

Nope,
sending her to cool leg makes her able to craft a Temmie Armor which is a supposed anti-frustration feature you can fall back to if you are stuck on something as it makes battles really easy according to her

My question is just how easy it makes everything.

dity

That and a tea date with Asgore.

Nope,
sending her to cool leg makes her able to craft a Temmie Armor which is a supposed anti-frustration feature you can fall back to if you are stuck on something as it makes battles really easy according to her

This sounds too complex for the tem

Maybe it's really -10 Def

Arcia

Banned

I've bought the Temmie Armor. It boosts your Attack and Defense to around 20, heals you every turn, and increases your invincibility frame time. It's pretty broken. But, if you have been dying too much, it is very helpful.

It actually gets cheaper the more times you die too. I think it starts at 9,999 gold and decreases to 1000 after around 20 deaths.

JC Sera

I've bought the Temmie Armor. It boosts your Attack and Defense to around 20, heals you every turn, and increases your invincibility frame time. It's pretty broken. But, if you have been dying too much, it is very helpful.

It actually gets cheaper the more times you die too. I think it starts at 9,999 gold and decreases to 1000 after around 20 deaths.
I like how toby has made it able for nearly anyone to complete the game with out cheating

unless you play genocide

dity

Playing the genocide run now.

Every monster cries out when hit. They even have a deathly expression when they die

There's also no items down the pits in the ruins. Is the game punishing me?

JC Sera

Playing the genocide run now.

Every monster cries out when hit. They even have a deathly expression when they die

There's also no items down the pits in the ruins. Is the game punishing me?
what did you name your character?

JC Sera

Partner chose. She went with "BECKY" cos well, she's Becky. lol.

Jerrys are very hard to kill
lol

does anyone know if
the ambience that plays for the fallen child ending for both the game/demo
has a name
its not in the sound track

dity

Just fought Glyde.

The atmosphere of the game has changed quite a bit. The player character is a real dick now. Watching Papyrus be disappointed is a downer.

Is the voice that plays after talking to Flowey the second time in the game supposed to be the character's? The one that says "that sounds wonderful!"

Cowie

lol

does anyone know if
the ambience that plays for the fallen child ending for both the game/demo
has a name
its not in the sound track

I'm at work right now so I can't check, but you can (content spoilers?)
Extract the Undertale.exe (or browse Undertale.app if you're on OSX) and view the contents, the entire soundtrack is there in .ogg format. Some of the tracks have slightly different names from their official soundtrack counterparts, but that's as close as you'll get to an official name for it I reckon?

Dunkley

I'm at work right now so I can't check, but you can (content spoilers?)
Extract the Undertale.exe (or browse Undertale.app if you're on OSX) and view the contents, the entire soundtrack is there in .ogg format. Some of the tracks have slightly different names from their official soundtrack counterparts, but that's as close as you'll get to an official name for it I reckon?

If it's anything like the demo,
the music won't be in there to add to the spook factor.

At least as far as the demo goes, it was coded in differently. Perhaps it's just a super slowed down version of another track (given the Genocide Run generally plays all songs slower which I think is done through code rather than a different ogg file)

Cowie

If it's anything like the demo,
the music won't be in there to add to the spook factor.

At least as far as the demo goes, it was coded in differently. Perhaps it's just a super slowed down version of another track (given the Genocide Run generally plays all songs slower which I think is done through code rather than a different ogg file)

Interesting. Then yeah, you're probably right and it's just a matter of determing which song it actually is!

BiggNife

That's a very neat detail, and totally fit the character. I only knew about the
cinnamon butterscotch pie
in another fight, but I'm glad to see touches like this exist in other fights as well.

Also if you eat the junk food you can buy from Bratty and Catty it slightly lowers your rating and says "EATING GARBAGE? -50" which made me laugh.

Also yeah, the best things to do during that fight to raise ratings are to boast and avoid damage, or pose when you're low on health since it makes popularity go up way higher than if you're close to full health. I wouldn't recommend the heel turn, since it doesn't seem to raise popularity that high considering the damage you take. The whole fight is based on taking risks, so you'll probably die a few times like I did.

Darkroronoa

I finished it,
the true pacifist ending
, what an amazing game. I thought i would play a good but overated game, but it was actually that good, definitely a classic.
Wow, know who knows when i will play something like this again :(

Now i was thinking about trying a
genocide run
but i am now sure i can handle it.

dity

Undyne
the Undying is so freaking cool. Love how she's the protagonist who gets a transformation and everything. But she's so HARD!

Top Bottom