• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale |OT| Indie RPG with determination and spider bake sales

Dunkley

i put this post in my favorites, will read it after my
pacifist run (but i'll do first the genocide run, i already did a lot, would be a waste to redo it laster, too long to kill everyhting... after all you're not supposed to know everything that will happen, so if it ruin the true ending, so be it)

Yeah, definitely do that. Sorry for writing it down already. I was kinda anxious about mentioning the Genocide thing or the other thing, but since you talked about looking on YouTube or getting someone to tell it here, I figured you might as well do that if you are being curious.

Either way, yeah, you're better off only reading it once you're done with that stuff. Have fun with Undertale.

Stalk

Just finished my first playthrough, got neutral ending I think?
Fuck Flowey, that shit confused me after being so deep into a session

Guess you could say I enjoyed it

RI9cePt.jpg

PSqueak

Banned
If they start the game from the beginning, can't they still unlock that? That is, if they're up for it. Either way, a second playthrough has some dialogue changes.

Yes, but if you
spare flowey
you can do the quest right away instead of playing the whole game again.

Kirlia

Banned
Yes, but if you
spare flowey
you can do the quest right away instead of playing the whole game again.

That is true.
It's nice to play the game through one more time before putting it down for good after the true ending, though.

Saikyo

Tried "hard mode"

I didnt remember that one enemy that can be spared when the other is gone, his combo with that snake that give you "snacks" is pretty hard because the green ones keep appearing in the rain of projectiles of this other one I forgot the name

No label on the levers in the start, THE DARK SOULS OF UNDERTALE

Cute ending with Toby in the end, even if you kill Toriel she stand up and says "whatever" when Toby says hard mode ends there, also funny some lines from Flowey in the hard mode stinger telling to take a screenshot (shame that F12 dont work on this game). About the killing part that broke my heart because I wanted to see if she was gonna repeat the "Now I know who I was protecting, it was them from you" if I tried to attack after I used Mercy enough times so the music stopped

"Attacking me when I was most vunerable" and I am not going to sleep well tonight, forgive me Toriel : (

PSqueak

Banned
AFAIK, you can spare or kill them and still get the true ending. Same goes for Asgore, as long as you don't kill anyone else that is.

Sparing or not Asgore is meaningless cause no matter which option you press, it is Flowey who delivers the finishing blow, im not 100% sure you can get away with killing flowey tho.

heavily disagree. The battle system is what made me want to play the game.

The gameplay sure is great, i loved it, unique like i said, don't get me wrong! But for me the most memorable thing about this game is how the story plays and how the game can troll you (sure it' still part of the gameplay, i was mostly talking about the battle system)

someone who don't like the battle system, like the person i responded to, can still enjoy the game i'm sure

Sparing or not Asgore is meaningless cause no matter which option you press, it is Flowey who delivers the finishing blow, im not 100% sure you can get away with killing flowey tho.

You can kill him, it just means you miss out on the hint for the true ending. The only qualification to unlock the true ending is getting AN ending, and you reload before the Asgore battle anyways.

Elder God tier: Papyrus

Top Tier: Toriel, Undyne, sans, Mettaton

Mid Tier: Everyone else

I actually adore all of the characters in the top tier, but they're just unfortunate enough to be 10/10 characters in a game with an 11/10 one. Papyrus is just too cool a dude to compare to.

Cowie

if i think about it, it's hard to pick one favorite

if I don't think about it,
0tPGSv9.png

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV WARNING VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV THE POST BELOW THIS ONE IS BAD VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV BE PREPARED FOR A BAD POST VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

PSqueak

Banned
Anybody who doesn't have Toriel as their fave character is objectively wrong.

Unless you're asking who is best besides Toriel.

In such case, you monster, it's hard to choose, they're so equally great.

I killed Papyrus, was that a good or bad choice.

Who else have you killed so far? Because you're likely to get one heart breaking ending...

Corpekata

Banned
Undyne does have the advantage of one of the best fight themes in the game (and one of my favorites period in recent memory).

Haunted

I think this game has some clever subversion of classic jRPG tropes, an inspired and terrific combat system and some very solid music tracks.

Overall it's a mixed bag and I don't quite get the almost fervent praise for the game around these parts, but I suppose these kinds of happy accidents happen and it really resonated with some people.

In terms of current indie RPGs, this feels like a fun and friendly little sister project to Lisa.

Lingitiz

I have to hand it to this game for being such a lean experience. There are no parts where you have to grind or do something really tedious and stupid to get to the next story point. I feel like something interesting happens on every screen at least.

It was really nice to play this after soldiering through the bloatedness of MGSV. You can see everything here in under 10 hours and come out feeling really satisfied.

Top Bottom