• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale |OT| Indie RPG with determination and spider bake sales

a
spooky scary one

oooohhooooohh

also
seems pretty obvious that he is related to sans and papyrus somehow

depends how far you go, but that seems to be the popular interpretation

Well, (All Everything Spoilers)
The names of Sans weapons, along with his sprite similarity to the brothers, and him also being a font seems to indicate he is. Whether he's their third bro or whatever is more up for debate

What kind of made me suspect that
he was a skeleton is the bunny shop owner who mentioned how skeletons came to town, but never specified that it was just Sans and Papyrus.

Jintor

Hope this is the right place to ask but I'm having a real hard time having my game recognize my save file.

So I originally played a few hours or so of the game on an older Macbook. Got a new Mac today and copied the game and the save files over to the new mac. However, when I boot the game, it treats it like I'm just starting out - "name the fallen human."

The saves are in this folder /Library/Application Support/com.tobyfox.undertale/. I simply copied and pasted it into the new Mac's Application Support directory.

I've unistalled and reinstalled the game (originally purchased from Humble Bundle) but that's not working. Something isn't right and I'd GREATLY appreciate your help other than "you shouldn't have bought a Mac."

I can't help you unfortunately, but if you're having a huge amount of trouble you should message toby direct on twitter, I hear he's pretty good with responding to peeps with tech trouble - he provided save files for one guy whose files corrupted eg.

Jintor

Muffet is wrecking me while doing a pacifist run. How do I survive?

if you have any bake sale goods with you she'll be delighted that you've given to the cause. Otherwise you're gonna have to just enjoy spider dance a lot.

good thing it's a great song.

/edit oh, and stay determined

jonjonaug

Muffet is wrecking me while doing a pacifist run. How do I survive?

Pay her when she's about to unleash her pet muffin-spider on you, since those are the hardest rounds. If you struggle a few times she'll lower the price to go easy on you.

Sparing her doesn't involve any gimmicks, you just wait until the fight is over. It is possible to end the fight instantly if
you eat one of the spider food items from all the way back in the Ruins in front of her

Dunkley

That's... not right, I don't think? I did that and
Asriel was still there even after I reloaded the save.

I just missed
him the first time I went back through the ruins because I didn't think to go ALLLLL the way back to the beginning, past all the NPCs I was aware of being there from before.

Nope, definitely not there if you reload your save. I checked.

Might depend on if you have saved after the Final Boss battle

LiK

the first time I really appreciated the music was during
Papyrus
boss fight. the second variation blew my fucking mind.

DNAbro

Papyrus

when the
"You're blue now. That's my attack" part happened and the music kicked up a notch
I knew this game was going to be fucking incredible.

I liked everything up to that point but that blew past my expectations.

Also it looks like Undertale passed 200,000 copies sold on steam http://steamspy.com/app/391540

Game deserves all the success it's getting.

MrHoot

when the
"You're blue now. That's my attack" part happened and the music kicked up a notch
I knew this game was going to be fucking incredible.

I liked everything up to that point but that blew past my expectations.

Also it looks like Undertale passed 200,000 copies sold on steam http://steamspy.com/app/391540

Game deserves all the success it's getting.

Finally Toby will be able to eat the DELUXE pack of instant noodles he always craved.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.

Dr. Buni

Gah, I wish I could take screenshots natively. Is it possible to take screenshots with Fraps and then upload them on Steam?

Gah, I wish I could take screenshots natively. Is it possible to take screenshots with Fraps and then upload them on Steam?
There's a workaround for it yeah. There's a tutorial on the steam forum for the game, basically go to the steam screenshot folder in your PC, create a folder with Undertale's ID and put the screenshot there, naming it using Steam's file naming style. From then on it'll show up in your screenshot library, just upload them afterwards.

Dr. Buni

There's a workaround for it yeah. There's a tutorial on the steam forum for the game, basically go to the steam screenshot folder in your PC, create a folder with Undertale's ID and put the screenshot there, naming it using Steam's file naming style. From then on it'll show up in your screenshot library, just upload them afterwards.
Yay! Fantastic... Will do it for my second playthrough maybe ^^

True Reset Question:
I'm replaying a Pacifist Run, and I got to the Judgement hallway with Sans, but no matter how many times I talk to Undyne, the Alphys letter isn't initiating. Am I locked into Neutral ending?

Fat4all

Banned
True Reset Question:
I'm replaying a Pacifist Run, and I got to the Judgement hallway with Sans, but no matter how many times I talk to Undyne, the Alphys letter isn't initiating. Am I locked into Neutral ending?

Pretty sure you have to do the neutral first no matter what, then it gives you the option to go back and do the letter stuff immediately after the credits, just like the first run through.

Papyrus
The second the beat dropped and I realized that the 'blue attack" signaled the start of an actual threatening boss fight, my eyes widened and I lurched forward in my chair.

It was a really memorable early game moment that I only last felt during MGS Rising.

DukeBobby

Just popping in to say that I'm a couple of hours into the game and loving it so far.

Now to leave before I accidentally click on one of those white bars.

DNAbro

What happened to the Alpys in the Undyne Toriel ending? I didn't think it was possible to kill Alpys.

If i remember correctly there are certain things that imply that Alphys was suicidal and may have gone through with it in certain endings. So maybe that.

El Odio

Banned
I picked this up on a whim last night and about an hour in I'm really enjoying it. The music is fantastic and the humor has gotten a laugh out of me more than once. For whatever reason I'm deciding to go for the pacifist run on my first go through and don't seem to be doing that bad (I just passed the multicolored tile puzzle in the snow area.)

chiimisu

Genocide Spoilers

Vinesauce's Joel got dunked on in one of the most hilarious, genuine reactions I've ever seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFImzL68v5E
Not pictured - the entire stream chat telling him to spare Sans, with no one warning him about the trap.

I think my favourite pastime right now is to watch people tearing up at Undertale, while crying rivers simultaneously lol
The dude's reaction is great :D
GETTTTTTTT DUNKED ON

Granjinha

So, someone posted some incredible fan-arts from the boss battles (i'm using the Asgore one as a wallpaper) now but i can't find it. It had every single boss battle with an insane highly detailed illustration. Anyone has the links?

El Odio

Banned
I just completed the date segment...
There are no words for that other than Papyrus has easily become the best character in this game.

Welp I finally mustered up the gumption
or determination, if you will,
to finish hog-wild.

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR PORCINE RUN:
Sans took me seven tries, on account of knowing a lot of the patterns going in, and having a good stock of healing items (pie, heroes, snowman :(, facesteak). It's a crazy fun fight, though and I'm "happy" to have done it. Or at least as happy as you can be after killing all your friends. Time to pay a visit to the trash can, wipe the slate clean, get everybody to the surface, and close the door on the worst of times.

And maybe, just let the guy get some sleep.

qOpN3PS.png

Top Bottom